Dating after lockdown #30 WHY ARE MEN SO BORING

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry everyone, I went into summer hibernation for a few days and it's a bit too late for a recap now, but thank you for mentioning it 🥺 🥰

I have news from the Alex Jones fanboy....
IMG_0342.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Sorry everyone, I went into summer hibernation for a few days and it's a bit too late for a recap now, but thank you for mentioning it 🥺 🥰

I have news from the Alex Jones fanboy.... View attachment 2253036
aw, you’ll have to do a double recap next time 😉

i love that you have an american flag by his name 🤣 how are you feeling about that message?

Reactions: 2
aw, you’ll have to do a double recap next time 😉

i love that you have an american flag by his name 🤣 how are you feeling about that message?
I feel a bit strange about his text to be honest! I never expected this level of reflection from him so I'm surprised he was able to admit that I raised some good points without bursting into flames. But his invite for an American burger if that isn't too subpar for me feels a bit... condescending in a weird way? He tried to joke a lot about the US vs. Europe during our date too, so I think this is his attempt at humour.

The date itself was awful so I will not be going out with him again. His flattery does nothing for me, because hellooooo, I'm an intelligent woman, of course our conversation was going to be intellectually stimulating😎

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I feel a bit strange about his text to be honest! I never expected this level of reflection from him so I'm surprised he was able to admit that I raised some good points without bursting into flames. But his invite for an American burger if that isn't too subpar for me feels a bit... condescending in a weird way? He tried to joke a lot about the US vs. Europe during our date too, so I think this is his attempt at humour.

The date itself was awful so I will not be going out with him again. His flattery does nothing for me, because hellooooo, I'm an intelligent woman, of course our conversation was going to be intellectually stimulating😎

i read it as a bit condescending too - especially calling you a european woman. it is decent in that he enjoyed talking with you, but i would worry that he enjoyed putting his point across more than actually taking other views on board. alex jones fans really creep me out.

but his compliments are ACCURATE and he was lucky to have your company. hopefully he reflects a bit over that american burger. next!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Not to sound like a dinosaur but what exactly is ghosting? Is it just not replying?
"Ghosting, simmering and icing are colloquial terms which describe the practice of ending all communication and contact with another person without any apparent warning or justification and ignoring any subsequent attempts to communicate"

Basically just up and disappearing on someone

• Sad
Reactions: 9
"Ghosting, simmering and icing are colloquial terms which describe the practice of ending all communication and contact with another person without any apparent warning or justification and ignoring any subsequent attempts to communicate"

Basically just up and disappearing on someone
okay so is it ghosting if the conversation just fizzles out and you’ve got nothing else to say?

I ask cause someone legit replied “haha x” to me the other day and nothing else so I just didn’t reply. Is that ghosting?

Reactions: 2
okay so is it ghosting if the conversation just fizzles out and you’ve got nothing else to say?

I ask cause someone legit replied “haha x” to me the other day and nothing else so I just didn’t reply. Is that ghosting?
No, I think if it naturally fizzles out then that's that.
Ghosting for me, means usually the chat is going well, maybe you've been on a date or two etc & then no warning they just disappear on you. Leaving you thinking wtf?!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
No, I think if it naturally fizzles out then that's that.
Ghosting for me, means usually the chat is going well, maybe you've been on a date or two etc & then no warning they just disappear on you. Leaving you thinking wtf?!
exactly this. ghosting, imo, only really happens when the chat becomes what i would class as serious - so it’s been constant for a few days - or if you’ve been on a few dates and (in both cases) it all appeared to be going well before 👻

fizzling out or just not replying after one or two messages isn’t ghosting really imo.

Reactions: 10
Hello. New to this thread. I like to join in. Just stared on dating apps after a long relationship has finished. Reading about your experience have open my eyes and will help me to know what , who to avoid.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Well, I'd been celebate for a few years.

I thought I'd have a fling in Feb this year. Then found out I couldn't.

Someone told me they liked me recently and we've been talking a lot. Then I find out yesterday he has a girlfriend! Albeit they're going through a rocky patch (found out from someone else).

We're part of the same group so I'm not going to go hell and brimstone with him or whatever the expression is called but he shouldn't be texting me 20 times a day. I was responsive as he seems nice, wasn't pervy (just said he liked me, I was intriguing and should visit him) and we got on really well chatting. I'll let communication fizzle out now. There's an easy way to do that, send back the occasional anodyne message a day later :)

• Sick
Reactions: 8
I have a first ‘date’ tomorrow for a potential FWB. Feel like I’ve set the ground rules in terms of what I’m after and we’re on the same page. He seems really nice, and he works with children with additional needs. So I’m crossing my fingers for just a regular, nice, decent human, so I can get my needs met haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Happy Tuesday all! I'm a little bit exhausted with the apps yesterday and today to be honest. As well as that, my FWB text to say he's now in a relationship which is fine, I had no emotional connection with him but also the guy I'd matched with, texted and met up with has begun to drop off a little on communication. Which again is also fine but I can't help but let those niggling negative thoughts of what am I doing wrong here set in. I know I'll be fine once I keep having that chat with myself but it's not easy is it! I am chatting to this guy for over a week now but we live in different counties and he's lovely but I'm just not feeling it much. My cat also seems to have found himself a new family so I'm feeling very neglected by the male species overall 😅🙈

Anyway, we move! 😊
---
I have a first ‘date’ tomorrow for a potential FWB. Feel like I’ve set the ground rules in terms of what I’m after and we’re on the same page. He seems really nice, and he works with children with additional needs. So I’m crossing my fingers for just a regular, nice, decent human, so I can get my needs met haha.
Keep us updated! 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Go get yourself some you lucky thing you hehe 😘

Reactions: 5
@Hot_Dogs_Or_Toes As a male, what is the best way to approach arranging a FWB situation?!
I mean simply outright bringing it up in conversation would probably work lol. Although contrary perhaps to popular belief not all of us guys are down for casual sex so I'd at least sound them out to make sure that's what they're after too. The last thing you want if you're just interested in something casual is the other party to get the wrong idea and start falling in love.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m currently texting 8 guys, and the only one I kinda like has just sent me this emoji: 👍 He is only in his twenties!

I’m trying not to let this give me the ick because:
1) he is very sweet and promised to show me the pictures he took on his trip to Japan;
2) I’m already icked out by these specimen:

1ACE0807-F44F-45E2-8B93-6CA934CEEA5E.jpeg

40A1642A-511C-4AE5-97C1-8FF2E5BE3BFF.jpeg

I think I’m turning this into another The Ick thread 🙈 I’ve also come to understand I sort of fancy guys with moustaches, never saw that happening!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
I mean simply outright bringing it up in conversation would probably work lol. Although contrary perhaps to popular belief not all of us guys are down for casual sex so I'd at least sound them out to make sure that's what they're after too. The last thing you want if you're just interested in something casual is the other party to get the wrong idea and start falling in love.
Oh yes of course, I didn't mean to imply otherwise 😊 Thanks for the advice 😊

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.