Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hot_Dogs_Or_Toes

Chatty Member
would love to see this evidence, or other examples of these men tbh. and i’m meaning men who would actively search for a woman’s facebook without ever interacting with her via another method. or is this all anecdotal?

again, the guy in this example has been doing this continuously for seven years. without ever trying to actually speak to these women on the app. do you really think he’s has a girlfriend for any of that time? i’m generally not into the vibe of what you’re implying though - which seems to be that women will ignore these things if they think the man is attractive. i can promise you they don’t.
I can't speak for all men just as you can't speak for all women of course. It is anecdotal but surely we accept that sometimes women end up with shitty men like this. I'm not personally attacking you and I'm not sure why you're offended but let's leave it there and just agree that this guy is a creep as we're definitely on the same side here 🙂

Reactions: 2

melisnusty

You've stuck it out longer than me. To be fair I did have a conversation with someone who seemed very nice and sane last night. I'd have liked to have chatted to him a bit more but the app had to go.

I'm in a really weird head space with dating at the moment. I'd originally intended to remain single until my youngest had pretty much finished school. However, I've had some news that makes me feel like I shouldn't wait that long.

The added complication is that my children's father very rarely has all the children together (twice this year) and instead has them one at a time, just for a couple of hours. This means I literally can't arrange to meet up with someone. I had the vague notion that I could book time off to meet up with someone in the day but that's not particularly practical either. I'd also rather use my leave for taking the children away/attending their school stuff etc.

I just feel a bit fed up. Whilst it was my choice not to date then I felt ok. Now it feels a bit more frustrating. Although weirdly I don't know how much I do actually want to date. All very confusing 😆.
Yes I know what you mean about weird head space. Is there a reason (obvs that you’d be willing to share) why your ex can’t have both at the same time? Just a cunt maybe?

Usagisakura90

Chatty Member
Just wondering for those on the apps at the moment, are things quiet at the moment as it’s summer? Is it worth me waiting until August to try the apps again (Tinder, specifically)?
I'm not sure, I seem to have alot of teachers and self employed people come up on mine. So maybe that's why it's so quiet? I'm on bumble. Maybe I should try other apps too.

MsCurly

Chatty Member
The new thread can be found here!

BWGossip

Chatty Member
A few of my friends agreed to having arranged marriages in their late 20s/early 30s and that seems like a better prospect at times, rather than venturing back onto the apps😂
But let's say they meet a new coworker who is perfect for them, what's gonna stop them running away with them if they don't have deeper feeling for their friend-spouse?

he told me he’s had like 100+ sexual partners,
Damn 😳 (I don't want to slut-shame him, he seems the nicest of the four, but wow! How old is he? Did he say it unprompted?)

• Wow

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
---

I think it depends where you are. Personally I've had most success with Tinder or POF, well, most matches and chats anyway not necessarily successful relationships! 😂
Installed Feeld this afternoon and it's a refreshing change of pace, might stick to that for a bit!

Sunflower16

Chatty Member
Have you guys seen this Twitter thread on guy in America on the dating apps.

So creepy and how he tried pull the same socially unacceptable moves on multiple girls and try and. Disguise himself as a nice guy.
Makes me furious really that we put our selves out there and we really don't know who we are meeting at all
If you are are interested read whole thread. Videos with voicenotes are strangest part..shiver
My god that man can talk!!

triesherbest

Chatty Member
Bloody hell. Why do the cretins have to ruin it for everyone else?

Had a second day date yesterday, little drive in the sun with a coffee. He then came to my place and things happened as I have needs. Haven’t heard from him today and trying not to pay attention to the teensy bit of anxiety I have after being vulnerable with him. He’s been perfectly lovely and consistent in the 2 weeks we’ve been communicating, but they always are before certain events, aren’t they? 🙄
fingers crossed for you... i'm glad you had a nice time.

i hope he messages you.. he should be the one to do it first imo. the day after my amazing date we didn't text much, but then it ramped up again with consistent texting for like a week before he disappeared, so i would be really wary of their behaviour after the date too - i don't think it means anything until they make concrete plans for a second one.

Sunflower16

Chatty Member
Inspired by one of my favourite feminist iconsView attachment 2258892
I think of these lyrics every time! 😂😂
---
I feel you ❤ same thing for me.

To be honest, what has really helped me is releasing that I am made this way for a reason. Like yes I might babble, spew out random facts, have the concentration of a fruit fly, be a bit strange (i have been told that 🥴), be socially awkward and overthink so much I could use that energy to power my house but those things make up me. if I can live my life thinking “id want to be around me” then there’s no reason why others wouldn’t want to. I’m not perfect obviously, I have shit I need to work on but the only person who I am forced to spend the rest of my life with is me so I might as well like me 😂
I really try to be a good person with a good heart (i don’t always succeed, especially when in control of vehicle although in my defence, other drivers are often wankers) and I think that’s what matters. I know it’s cliche but if someone doesn’t want to be around you, it really is their loss as long as you know who you are at heart ❤
Beautifully written ❤

Sunflower16

Chatty Member
This is what my mum said to me too. Thing is we didn't want the same things anyway he never met my kid and didn't want them, he didn't want marriage and I'd thought about it sometimes. I'm about to be really busy again with another degree in September and will need to focus on myself and my daughter.

I just honestly believed when he said he wouldn't be looking for anyone else, that i wouldn't see him on tinder you know?, I know I was on there and I'm the one still in love with him, but I think that's different if your the one dumped.

Il go on a date with Mr Dave Grohl this weekend and see how it goes, it doesn't even need to turn into anything.

Thankyou for yours and everyone's kind words ❤❤
I know what you mean, especially when you're not expecting to see them on there. I know when I saw my ex on it, even though I was on it too, I felt my heart pound. Its kind of like the final nail in the coffin. Sounds like you've a good family support there and plenty to keep you busy too. You've got this! 😊❤

• Heart

EndofInfluencers

I saw something online recently and it said that secure people tend to attach early in their lives....so get together with their partners really young. And that leaves anxious and avoidants on the market. So anxious people keep attaching to a avoidants and develop these patterns. Which looking back on my dating (10years) life makes so much sense.
I definitely think there’s something to this, that there are less ‘secure’ attachment style people in the dating market as they tend to settle down together younger, for longer and are happier. Congratulations on your first year together.

@sofipbn All I would say is that one thing life has taught me is trust your gut. Men (and women) will lie and lie when confronted regarding their infidelity. Trust your intuition on this.

@Clickbait You’re bad for this, and you know it😂😂 Can’t remember if it was you who recommended Luke Hamnet on Instagram, if so thank you for the recommendation.

BettyBeau

VIP Member
Well how's the chat? Do you find her attractive? I personally would insist on having a drink first, even if it's just a quick chat before hooking up, but if you're into hookups and she's your type, why not? As for the BJ stuff, there's quite a few ladies (me included) who find giving head quite hot.
Same I love it especially with lots of eye contact.
But it made me realise my chat with guys is pretty sexual so perhaps that’s where I’m going wrong.
I’m talking to this guy at the moment and his hot as hell so trying to rein in the sexual chat.

Reactions: 1

Sunflower16

Chatty Member
Are we the same person?
I get overly attached because I'm a heart on my sleeve kind of girl. I remember before my ex I'd gone on a date with a guy, we had such a great time and we'd kissed it was amazing etc then I got home and he ghosted me before I'd even gone in the house from seeing him. I was so upset, I am definitely one for physical attraction and my love language is affection.

Which is why I am upset about my ex too because before the break and the silence we'd had a wonderful day out lots of cuddles and kisses we were talking about seeing each other again and moving our 2 year relationship along, like it makes you think you did something wrong and think about all the things that you did that day.

This is why I am worried about meeting Mr Dave Grohl, I don't want to get attached to him whilst attached to my ex then this guy kiss me and ghost then il have double the heart ache, I mean the guy sent me a photo of a really cute animal earlier it's like he knows the path to my closed off broken heart.

What a c**t how dare he 😒😒, I'm sorry he did this to you. And I hope you feel better soon sending virtual hugs!
I'm definitely the same here! I do get attached very quickly and then 100% blame my actions or words when it fizzles out or I get ghosted or the feelings aren't reciprocated. It's extremely hard not to take things personally. But I don't believe we need to change that about ourselves either in order to meet our person. Maybe I'm wrong!

Oh lord my ex fiancé's cousin just viewed my profile on POF!😬

Attachments

Reactions: 1