Dating after lockdown #28 It’s not you, it’s dating.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m finding it so difficult to get excited about people on the apps. I finally matched with someone who seems like a giant green flag but then…

Attachments

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m finding it so difficult to get excited about people on the apps. I finally matched with someone who seems like a giant green flag but then…
My friend was banned for life from tinder because she joined it at 18 (like lots of people did) and then wasn’t on it for a few years as in a relationship, logged back in at 22 and they wouldn’t believe that new photos were genuinely of her - so her phone number is blacklisted. Could it be something like this?!

Reactions: 6
Tinder lately bans for the weirdest reasons. It happened my female friends too.

So my ex (daughter's dad) just turned up unannounced to tell me he's quit his job because he's sick of paying maintenance and he's proposing to his girlfriend. Then condescending telling me "I'm sure you'll meet someone, I'm just a hard act to follow" duck OFF YOU ABUSIVE PRICK (not abusive because of that, he was abusive in the relationship)
What a C**T. Take him to court. (I’m not sure if that’s a legit possibility but I’m just raging for you).

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Tinder lately bans for the weirdest reasons. It happened my female friends too.
it could be a facebook thing too. my fb account was hacked and i lost access to tinder (i know, what a great and devastating loss 🤣) so it might not be a “ban” in the way we immediately think.

edit: that being said, the fact that he’s used it as an answer to “something you should know about me” does make me side eye a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
it could be a facebook thing too. my fb account was hacked and i lost access to tinder (i know, what a great and devastating loss 🤣) so it might not be a “ban” in the way we immediately think.

edit: that being said, the fact that he’s used it as an answer to “something you should know about me” does make me side eye a bit.
That was exactly my thinking.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Familiarity breeds contempt or just boredom because I’ve largely lost interest in the office crush. Shame because it was quite fun for a hot second and he’s been extra attentive this week, asking lots of personal questions when others aren’t around and cracking dad jokes. All the paper shuffling is rather dull again.

Either that or most men are just boring so it’s impossible to be interested in them for long.😂

• Haha
Wtf, thankfully this was only a few messages in. Went from normal to this in half an hour 😳
C252AE12-52D4-46CA-9131-93160BC4B470.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
REPORT THIS ABSOLUTE WASTE OF OXYGEN.

disgusting, and with the little 😝 emoji? makes me skin crawl that these creatures are out there.
I did report him (tinder), hopefully they ban him but I can’t check because as soon as I reported him he was removed from my messages automatically. I was going to keep him there just to see if they banned him! Someone joking about rape is certainly a new one for me

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I did report him (tinder), hopefully they ban him but I can’t check because as soon as I reported him he was removed from my messages automatically. I was going to keep him there just to see if they banned him! Someone joking about rape is certainly a new one for me
i sadly had one on hinge last week (with rapist as his job title) - it’s both disgusting and terrifying. hopefully tinder take it seriously, he shouldn’t be allowed to use their platform to interact with women at all 😠

edit: actually, probably for the best that he doesn’t ever interact with women again tbh.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Wtf, thankfully this was only a few messages in. Went from normal to this in half an hour 😳View attachment 2109528
duck it he could have at least learned what’s the proper plural of underwear…Seriously though, rape jokes are not just a red flag/ban material, they are proper report material. I actually wonder whether some of these guys are incels on their first time interacting with women.

Reactions: 10
[QUOTE
Oh my god. So I went on a few dates with a guy over the last 3-4 weeks. He invited me over. I parked up, it’s a small block of flats. The front door is completely smashed. There’s a guy sat outside one of the doors inside smoking weed. The guy I dated opens the door and doesn’t even act like this is anything abnormal. I go in and honestly, I’ve never seen anything like it. It stank of piss. It was absolutely filthy. Like the toilet was brown. Also, he didn’t have any lightbulbs in any room. There was one in the hallway, and that’s it. He used his phone torch to light his way through. I couldn’t hide my horror. His “office” was like a uni student halls. Every wall was covered in posters or photos, including the ceiling. The carpet was thick with grime, and one room he didn’t use because it was “horrible” I didn’t dare to look at what was festering in there. His bed was basically a pile of 3 mattresses on top of the other and the duvet stank like it hadn’t been washed in years. This is a 40 year old man. I’m absolutely traumatised hahahaha. I made a swift exit and have since told him I don’t see it going anywhere. I really toyed with the idea of telling him that he needs to get his act together and sort his flat out but decided against it. Also, he struck me as being quite depressive so I didn’t want to be cruel if he’s actually suffering. But yeah, an absolute swift dealbreaker from me.
[/QUOTE]

So i'm quoting myself from way back just as a reminder of the situation and the HORRIFYING outcome that has come from this.

The guy I mentioned above had continued to message me now and again after this. I was (naively) trying to be kind because he was clearly mentally unwell and seemed lonely. I was sceptical because he always had big dramas, deaths, terrible things happening, threats of suicide. I even met him a couple of weeks ago because I was genuinely concerned about his wellbeing and seemed to have no-one else. Well it turns out everything he said was all complete lies, fabricated a whole fake life and it is actually all very sinister. He has been sharing explicit videos taken without consent of over 20 women (not me), he also posted things of me all over his social media to make out we were in a relationship and a whole HOST of lies including lots of digs at me, pictures of me, messages to me - none of which I saw. Someone approached me with screenshots and when I confronted him, he just said sorry, so I know it's true. He is now BLOCKED.

I'm MASSIVELY freaked out and want to report him to the police, but apparently other girls are frightened because he has content of them. I don't really have much personally to report him for. I have an unsolicited picture he sent me at Christmas, and the lies, but that's not exactly a crime, just WEIRD. This guy came to my house once so I'm slightly concerned but also not scared of him. We dated a month probably 6-7 dates. He was never abusive or scary to me, just a bit weird and I thought by the end mentally unwell.

Not to put anyone else off but I am well and truly PUT OFF FOR LIFE. I've been advised to just block and never speak to him again (obviously) but I do feel torn as to what I should do. Stay out of it, or report him?

Sorry to get so HEAVY JEEZ.

In fact ladies (Edited to add), I'm going to request to change my username on here, just in case. I've locked my social accounts RIGHT down.

Okay turns out name changes aren't possible - so a new account it may be!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.