Dating after lockdown #28 It’s not you, it’s dating.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ha ha you guys crack me up.
Trying not to listen to songs that remind me of him. That Saint Harison one why didn’t you call gets me like a kick in the gut.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Do you ladies remember how several months ago a guy chatted me up on LinkedIn? I just stumbled upon his profile while updating my own and I kind of regretted nothing came out of it…Looked through his pictures and he’s damn fine 🥲 Dunno if it’s spring being the season of love or something else haha!

Reactions: 3
Do you ladies remember how several months ago a guy chatted me up on LinkedIn? I just stumbled upon his profile while updating my own and I kind of regretted nothing came out of it…Looked through his pictures and he’s damn fine 🥲 Dunno if it’s spring being the season of love or something else haha!
The Vit D makes people horny

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just go and have fun! I know my first dates after my marriage split were like therapy sessions (poor them!) but it did me the world of good to have a flirt and make an effort.

Most importantly - report back!
The date never happened ladies. In a way I’m glad as he started to tell me over text messages about his very traumatic childhood and upbringing. I know this sounds horrible but I don’t want to be with someone that needs fixing. Anyway I’ve decided maybe I’m still not ready to date and I’m going to give myself some more time and focus on me.
Hope you all are having a lovely weekend.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
The date never happened ladies. In a way I’m glad as he started to tell me over text messages about his very traumatic childhood and upbringing. I know this sounds horrible but I don’t want to be with someone that needs fixing. Anyway I’ve decided maybe I’m still not ready to date and I’m going to give myself some more time and focus on me.
Hope you all are having a lovely weekend.
hope you’re having a lovely weekend too 💙

again, i think this speaks volumes for your own growth and sending clear lines on what you know will or won’t work for you, so give yourself credit for that! take as much me time as you need, and we’re always here for a chat x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi ladies! I had a date yesterday and we had such a good time, we hit it off and he asked me out again, great chemistry, we both felt we could be ourselves around each other. Unfortunately drinking wine on an empty stomach did not work out well for me! And I was quite drunk leaving. We messaged afterwards but I’ve not heard of him today. I know he may be busy or having a super long sleep 😂 but I feel I’ve maybe given him the ick. Genuinely so gutted as it felt like it had such great potential. Dunno why I’m such an idiot, I’m utterly mortified 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi ladies! I had a date yesterday and we had such a good time, we hit it off and he asked me out again, great chemistry, we both felt we could be ourselves around each other. Unfortunately drinking wine on an empty stomach did not work out well for me! And I was quite drunk leaving. We messaged afterwards but I’ve not heard of him today. I know he may be busy or having a super long sleep 😂 but I feel I’ve maybe given him the ick. Genuinely so gutted as it felt like it had such great potential. Dunno why I’m such an idiot, I’m utterly mortified 😢
Don’t be so hard on yourself. It’s probably the alcohol making you feel like that and it’s a depressant too. He probably is busy or there could be a number of other reasons why he’s not messaged yet. I would send him a casual message if you’ve not heard from him this evening making a light hearted joke about the wine and asking how his day has been. The fear from wine is making you create scenarios in your head that are 99% likely to be untrue.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Channing tatum lookalike messaged me last night. I was out with the girls and he picked me up once I went home, went to his and we sat and watched boxing 🙄🖕🏻 waste of my time.. we’ve slept together in the past and been on dates but it’s literally just a fling and we don’t talk that much, regularly check in once a month and that’s it. Anyway, he text me this morning whilst I was at the gym and he said am I busy today, I could go round.. I thought duck you, you had your chance last night 🙄 he’s nearly 40 and I’m nearly 30 so there’s a decade between us but my word he is in good shape 😍lol

Reactions: 4
Don’t be so hard on yourself. It’s probably the alcohol making you feel like that and it’s a depressant too. He probably is busy or there could be a number of other reasons why he’s not messaged yet. I would send him a casual message if you’ve not heard from him this evening making a light hearted joke about the wine and asking how his day has been. The fear from wine is making you create scenarios in your head that are 99% likely to be untrue.
I’d actually messaged him saying I felt a bit embarrassed, don’t ask me why 😂 and he just replied ‘why babe’ hahaha
He seems okay now, I am an overthinker and like you say the alcohol makes it worse!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Meant to be going on a date a week today. Not heard from him today, I've messaged him yesterday and mid conversation he stopped replying. Here we go again with the ghosting 🙄

Meanwhile, my sister has been on 3 dates with the last guy who ghosted me when we had a date arranged 😥

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Meant to be going on a date a week today. Not heard from him today, I've messaged him yesterday and mid conversation he stopped replying. Here we go again with the ghosting 🙄

Meanwhile, my sister has been on 3 dates with the last guy who ghosted me when we had a date arranged 😥
wait, WHAT?!?! does she know that he ghosted you?

Reactions: 5
Yeah, she knows we had a date arranged and that he had ghosted me, I'd sent her his profile when we started talking.
that seems incredibly disloyal of her tbh, i don’t think i would ever do that to my sister! yikes :(

there are so many 👻 about at the moment: it’s so cowardly, especially when you’ve made plans.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
He seems okay now, I am an overthinker and like you say the alcohol makes it worse!
It deffo does! I myself am a miserable drunk, I get very depressive and distrustful. Once you have had a good nights sleep and are more sober it’s usually easier to look on the bright side 🙂

Yeah, she knows we had a date arranged and that he had ghosted me, I'd sent her his profile when we started talking.
That’s terrible! Are you close to your sister? Has she done something similar before? Sounds like betrayal to me 🫤 Please don’t be too hard on yourself about it, it’s definitely not your fault!

Reactions: 5
Yeah, I'm the only sister who speaks to her so 😅 I told her after she first told me they had a date that I wasn't overly happy with it. But she told me that if she avoided every guy who had spoken to me/ghosted me that there would be nobody left 😅

I'm just in a bad mood anyway today and just feeling extra "whats wrong with me/why not me"

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Do you guys live in a really small town or something? Because if not, I’m sure there’s plenty of men out there for her to go on dates with! Why does it have to be someone you spoke to?
---
Seen this on Instagram and thought I’d post it in here to remind all you lovely ladies!❤ If he likes you, you won’t be doubting things!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Had a really down week or so, found thesinglewoman Instagram page today and just loved all the quote it really boosted me. Currently on the train to Wembley to see the parenting hell your live and I feel pretty proud of myself for going on my own. Yeah it’s kinda lonely but I’m doing it and not letting being single stop me. I wish I could click my fingers and be divorced, completely happy and with someone new though. Everyone I’ve been talking to has either been too full on (shared in the ick thread) wanted to go on a walk in the woods to see if they could cope (nope!!!) or boring as hell they don’t want to make conversation or aren’t listening to the questions and answering wrong it’s frustrating.
sorry for offloading

• Heart
Reactions: 7
What do y'all wear to dates?
Birkenstockless answers only please x
---
Had a really down week or so, found thesinglewoman Instagram page today and just loved all the quote it really boosted me. Currently on the train to Wembley to see the parenting hell your live and I feel pretty proud of myself for going on my own. Yeah it’s kinda lonely but I’m doing it and not letting being single stop me. I wish I could click my fingers and be divorced, completely happy and with someone new though. Everyone I’ve been talking to has either been too full on (shared in the ick thread) wanted to go on a walk in the woods to see if they could cope (nope!!!) or boring as hell they don’t want to make conversation or aren’t listening to the questions and answering wrong it’s frustrating.
sorry for offloading
Going places alone is incredible have fun! X

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.