Dating after lockdown #27 Being on Tinder to find a man of value is like looking in the bin for a Rolex

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh good luck with the assignment and dissertation! What are you studying? Mine are at their dads till tomorrow as well. Haha yeah other people can keep their husbands… unless they’re Lewis capaldi ofc
---

Ahh we are such contradictory creatures aren’t we 😂
---

😂
---
I’m on my way home to spring clean my house before my dad and stepmum come tomorrow and my mum on Thursday… I don’t mind a good clean but I want it to be on my terms, you know? Not just cos I have judgemental guests
Thankyou haha, I'm about 1500 words in of 3500 😒 and this is the extension, but in all fairness I was just in hospital and I'm still poorly. Without giving too much away I'm doing a degree in something health related ☺ can't wait to finish.

open invitation to my house lads! spent the weekend so far tidying my garden and setting up my lovely new patio furniture - i have chairs, table and gin! 🥰
---
Is this offer still up? Haha although I'd have to pass on the gin, antibiotics suck!
---
31 look 94
---
I may have said this 20 times already on this thread but if anyone wants a binge watch tonight - beef on Netflix is INSANE once you get into it (and I hate it when people say that but my god it’s worth it 😂)
I am 32 🤢 but thankfully look young for my age, getting ID'd in sainsbury's is always a highlight for me 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Got chatted up by a guy who tried to ask why I was wearing gloves in April…Maybe because it’s bloody baltic here in the evenings you git? He really thought he was doing me a favour by talking to me too 🙃
I am sat finishing my final assignment off 😂 which is due Tuesday, then I have my dissertation to do 🤢
We are in the same boat here, I’m trying to finish my dissertation too and absolutely drowning in it 😶🔫 I’d rather not have any holidays at all than spend them doing work TBH!

Yay to gin and new patio furniture @LaBlonde, sounds bloody lovely! I’d most definitely come despite my hay fever 👌
just out of curiosity, because i'm imagining us in a garden drinking gin (gag), how old is everyone?
I’m in my 20s but I feel at least 85…

• Heart
Reactions: 2
44 and botoxed to the max permanently look worried 😂😂😂
Me too. I’m never going to show emotion on this face of mine - got to keep them guessing
---
Well I went out on Friday night, it sounds big headed but I was looking like a snack and got lots of attention and men chasing me through the night. I didn't go home with anyone but it was a much needed confidence boost. Need to do it more often!
I love this!! So good for the soul

• Haha
Reactions: 3
A friend of mine recently suggested speed dating 😂 I'm seriously tempted, the apps do nothing for me, they make me unhappy and frustrated.

Anyone tried it before?
I did a couple of times the quality of women was high the men not so much.

Hey ladies! Hope everyone’s okay!
I’ve been off dating but started chatting to someone on bumble and we’re planning to meet Tuesday evening
Anyhow, he asked me what time, bear in mind he lives about ten minutes away, and we’re going somewhere local, I said how about 7?
He responded to say it’s a bit late but okay 🙄
So I said we can do a little earlier if he likes?
He said he gets home from work at 5.30 and can be ready to meet at 6
Now I’m probably being totally unreasonable and I am irritable today, but I feel like he’s not even considering me?! He said he’s not been on a date in years so maybe out of practice.

Long post for a very non thing, I think I just need someone to tell me I’m being unreasonable 😂😂

Reactions: 5
Hey ladies! Hope everyone’s okay!
I’ve been off dating but started chatting to someone on bumble and we’re planning to meet Tuesday evening
Anyhow, he asked me what time, bear in mind he lives about ten minutes away, and we’re going somewhere local, I said how about 7?
He responded to say it’s a bit late but okay 🙄
So I said we can do a little earlier if he likes?
He said he gets home from work at 5.30 and can be ready to meet at 6
Now I’m probably being totally unreasonable and I am irritable today, but I feel like he’s not even considering me?! He said he’s not been on a date in years so maybe out of practice.

Long post for a very non thing, I think I just need someone to tell me I’m being unreasonable 😂😂
If he wanted to meet at 6pm, then why even ask you what time you wanted to meet? That would annoy me too. And 7pm is late? Eh?

Reactions: 14
If he wanted to meet at 6pm, then why even ask you what time you wanted to meet? That would annoy me too. And 7pm is late? Eh?
Thanks! Glad you get it! I feel as though he’s thinking we should meet at 6 because he can be ready by then but he’s not thought about whether I’ll be ready!
I’m trying to give him the benefit of the doubt though because I’m sure he means no harm 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks! Glad you get it! I feel as though he’s thinking we should meet at 6 because he can be ready by then but he’s not thought about whether I’ll be ready!
I’m trying to give him the benefit of the doubt though because I’m sure he means no harm 😂
Maybe I’m sinical, but it’s like he’s pushing boundaries already. Omit the time for food choice - if he asked you what you’d like to eat and you replied Mexican, for him to say “Ok. But I fancy Chinese” you’d be like wtf? Why not just say that then? So your options would then be you stand your ground and tell him you want Mexican, knowing he’ll probably sulk and run the risk of cancelling as you’ve not given in, or you change to what HE wants.

I hope that makes sense (it does in my head!)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Maybe I’m sinical, but it’s like he’s pushing boundaries already. Omit the time for food choice - if he asked you what you’d like to eat and you replied Mexican, for him to say “Ok. But I fancy Chinese” you’d be like wtf? Why not just say that then? So your options would then be you stand your ground and tell him you want Mexican, knowing he’ll probably sulk and run the risk of cancelling as you’ve not given in, or you change to what HE wants.

Makes perfect sense! I’ll compromise and say 6.30 but this is strike one as far as I’m concerned 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Makes perfect sense! I’ll compromise and say 6.30 but this is strike one as far as I’m concerned 😂
I feel like him obsessing over the minute details is offputting. Like are we up for having a nice time or not?! Give or take half an hour shouldn’t be an issue..

Reactions: 11

Love the analogy @harveydean 😂 made perfect sense!

• Heart
I feel like him obsessing over the minute details is offputting. Like are we up for having a nice time or not?! Give or take half an hour shouldn’t be an issue..
This, I often go to bed at 8:30pm, 9 if I’m stretching it. But I still wouldn’t say to someone 7 is too late, I’d just go along with it if it suited them! Particularly if I’d asked what time works.
I would give him the benefit of the doubt though, see what he’s like in person. It’s not a red flag (yet!), just strange. Also I don’t think guys necessarily realise that we generally need longer to get ready. They should, but some of them are just a bit oblivious.

Reactions: 3
A friend of mine recently suggested speed dating 😂 I'm seriously tempted, the apps do nothing for me, they make me unhappy and frustrated.

Anyone tried it before?
I've been recently and I had a great time, loads of fun. Variety of ages, and there were a couple of men I was definitely interested in

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.