Dating after lockdown #27 Being on Tinder to find a man of value is like looking in the bin for a Rolex

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m 30. But feel younger & realistically take 2 years off because of covid 🤣 I thought I’d be married with 2 kids by 25 🙃
Age is just a number my lovelies, all about how you feel 😊
Haha me too, Instead I had the kid at 21 and have never been married 😂😂.

I love my kid but I wish I hadn't been so naive.....

Alot of people I know are married, getting married and having babies, whilst I'm doing the stuff they did when they were watching me have a baby. Life is wild!

I also count myself also 2 years younger because covid messed everything up so I'm 30 😪😌 Instead of 32 lol

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Makes perfect sense! I’ll compromise and say 6.30 but this is strike one as far as I’m concerned 😂
one strike before you've even met him is you being smacked over the head with a red flag

(perhaps not red but amber maybe but even so ouch)

donk

Reactions: 4
I’ve just called it off with the guy I’ve been dating since January. As much as I try and convince myself, I can’t force myself to feel it. He’s typically everything I am looking for, can’t help feeling there is something wrong with me! He is communicative, good fun, plans nice things with me (we even went to Italy together last month), got his tit together and treated me well but it’s like something suddenly made me repulsed by him. 😂 poor fella. I knew things weren’t right because we were meant to be going to Edinburgh and I was thinking of every excuse to get out of it all week.

I do wonder if something in me just shuts off as soon as someone decent comes along 🙄
Nah you just got the ick

Reactions: 1
I think it's boredom and trying their luck. Sadly it works because I've fallen for it enough times!

I used to take it as a compliment (kinda like, oh wow he must have really liked me if he's thought about me after all this time!) but I see through it now. It's laziness because they want to get a leg over.
yes yes yes i've said this before but i will never shut up about it. they come back because they can! because there's a little window of opportunity to get what they want (attention, a duck, ego boost etc) without doing ANYYYY work - even if they acted like a knob before - they rub their hands together and whip out what's app "hey how's u xxx"
---
I’m 30. But feel younger & realistically take 2 years off because of covid 🤣 I thought I’d be married with 2 kids by 25 🙃
yesss i legit feel like im still in my early 20s, especially as covid came when i was figuring everything out education/career wise so it's put me "behind" (i know that's not true but it sure feels it)

Reactions: 3
yes yes yes i've said this before but i will never shut up about it. they come back because they can! because there's a little window of opportunity to get what they want (attention, a duck, ego boost etc) without doing ANYYYY work - even if they acted like a knob before - they rub their hands together and whip out what's app "hey how's u xxx"
---

yesss i legit feel like im still in my early 20s, especially as covid came when i was figuring everything out education/career wise so it's put me "behind" (i know that's not true but it sure feels it)
No I completely know how you feel, I feel so behind everyone my age even though everyone has their own paths. It's hard not to feel displaced at times.

I'm still trying to decide what I want to do when I finish my degree in a few months I'm just so tired that I'd take a job where I can sit all day 😂

Speed dating tonight, looking forward to it as I think it will be a laugh, not expecting anything to come of it though.

Even though I blocked the guy I was meant to go on a date with yesterday, I'm still feeling sad about the fact the date didn't happen. His loss though!

And my mind is still being horrible to me since the weekend (I feel like I don't get a physical hangover but a mental one where I feel mentally horrendous for the next week) so unless I'm keeping busy I just have all these horrible thoughts that I'm never gonna meet someone, I'm never gonna have another baby, I'm too fat, I'm too ugly etc etc my friend has only been single 8ish weeks and met someone new 4 weeks ago on a night out and he always says the nicest things to her (I know he's an asshole but she won't listen) and logically I shouldn't be jealous but I am especially as their sex life is incredible

Anyway that's my sad sack rant for the day 😅
If your mate is telling you her sexlife is amazing it probably isn’t. Just saying.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
No shade/dis respect but personally I don’t think you’re coming across as ‘at peace’. The messaging the girlfriend thing is always a contentious topic on this thread, I have mixed feelings about that. If I were you I’d block block block and move on, & let them get on with it.
---

Belle are you me?! I’m in the exact same position as you. Lovely to see you on here again ❤
Sorry I missed this! Thank you, and it’s nice to see you pop up. I hope you’re doing ok, after the sad news you previously shared xx

Reactions: 2
So been reading through this thread from the start I felt empowered to block my on off FWB as it’s been going on for years. When he sends me a pic of his dick now I’m dickmatised.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
just out of curiosity, because i'm imagining us in a garden drinking gin (gag), how old is everyone?
Garden gin sounds dreamy. I turned a sprightly 36 yesterday. Jesus and I sharing our different sorts of rebirth.

• Heart
went on hinge, saw a guy who had his job title as “full time rapist”, reported his profile, left hinge 🙃

will say very impressed with their reporting function and the level of detail in the email you get after it (including assurance they will help with any police enquiries etc), was expecting a warning myself for the colourful language i used in my report though.

men 😠

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I don’t know how I feel tonight but I’m sad 😔

I shagged a lad that I’ve known for years again on Friday night. We have blocked each other since.

Then Saturday morning, I blocked a twit I constantly made excuses for over a year and who happily cheated on his girlfriend but yet, “is happier than ever with her” and has moved in with her.

Spent the night at a lads house (didn’t have sex or kiss- platonic but has a massive sprinkle of us both fancying each other) that I used date last night/this morning but is moving away soon so doesn’t want to do long distance. We’re really comfortable in each others companies- while he did his warhammer, I watched tv after he made me breakfast.

I feel anxious, abandoned and I dunno- like the life has been sucked out of me.
---
34 here x
32 here x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I don’t know how I feel tonight but I’m sad 😔

I shagged a lad that I’ve known for years again on Friday night. We have blocked each other since.

Then Saturday morning, I blocked a twit I constantly made excuses for over a year and who happily cheated on his girlfriend but yet, “is happier than ever with her” and has moved in with her.

Spent the night at a lads house (didn’t have sex or kiss- platonic but has a massive sprinkle of us both fancying each other) that I used date last night/this morning but is moving away soon so doesn’t want to do long distance. We’re really comfortable in each others companies- while he did his warhammer, I watched tv after he made me breakfast.

I feel anxious, abandoned and I dunno- like the life has been sucked out of me.
wait - what happened since the shag on friday to mean that you’ve both blocked each other on monday? did you stay over at the other guy’s house after friday or before?!

i have to say boom (and maybe out of turn) that your posts here do concern me a little in how much you allow these men to impact your well-being and how chaotic (for want of a better word) things sometimes get. why does this scenario in particular make you feel abandoned? which guy caused you anxiety or is it all three? it’s fine to jump into entanglements etc if you want casual things but i get the vibe that you don’t, and these types of encounters are just going to continue to cause you distress.

Reactions: 12
wait - what happened since the shag on friday to mean that you’ve both blocked each other on monday? did you stay over at the other guy’s house after friday or before?!

i have to say boom (and maybe out of turn) that your posts here do concern me a little in how much you allow these men to impact your well-being and how chaotic (for want of a better word) things sometimes get. why does this scenario in particular make you feel abandoned? which guy caused you anxiety or is it all three? it’s fine to jump into entanglements etc if you want casual things but i get the vibe that you don’t, and these types of encounters are just going to continue to cause you distress.
so Fridays guy- I texted him and his response was a blunt And rude so i called him out of it. And he doesn’t like being challenged so he blocked me. And I blocked him too.

Then I stayed at warhammers guys house on last night, so Sunday 🙃🙃

no, your post is entirely fine and it’s entirely right. I do let these encounters impact my mental health, which is already suffering atm due to external stresses.

I think it’s warhammer guy effecting me the most because we’ve developed a friendship. And it’s given me an understanding into my behaviour with me.

I’m 27 (turning 28 this summer) and I always thought I’d be fully settled by now. Instead I have two proposals and one almost marriage under my belt. Thankfully, no babies yet. 🥲

I'm 30, single mum to a 7 year old. Never been married, or even proposed to. Absolutely not where I thought I'd be in my life by now but 😐

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m 27 (turning 28 this summer) and I always thought I’d be fully settled by now. Instead I have two proposals and one almost marriage under my belt. Thankfully, no babies yet. 🥲
Curly you’re killing it! Tell us your secrets.

• Heart
I'm 30, would of been my fifth wedding anniversary this year lol. Now can't get any replies from men on apps and it's been 2.5 years since I had sex 😅 (me and my most recent ex didn't have sex for the majority of our relationship)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.