Dating after lockdown #27 Being on Tinder to find a man of value is like looking in the bin for a Rolex

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else having a thoroughly underwhelming long weekend and want to commiserate? ๐Ÿ˜‚ (ps happy Easter all!)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Anyone else having a thoroughly underwhelming long weekend and want to commiserate? ๐Ÿ˜‚ (ps happy Easter all!)
๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ self loathing at the moment because I canโ€™t make myself like decent guys who want to spend time with me, while killing time on my 4 days off solo mooching around the house, wanting someone to hang out with ๐Ÿ˜‚ make it make sense!

Also trying to remember that having 4 days alone to do whatever I want is an absolute dream.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I am sat finishing my final assignment off ๐Ÿ˜‚ which is due Tuesday, then I have my dissertation to do ๐Ÿคข. The child is at her dads until 5 and I have eaten two Easter eggs today out of boredom ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.

My friend offered me her husband for the day, I'm not sure I want one that badly ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I am sat finishing my final assignment off ๐Ÿ˜‚ which is due Tuesday, then I have my dissertation to do ๐Ÿคข. The child is at her dads until 5 and I have eaten two Easter eggs today out of boredom ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.

My friend offered me her husband for the day, I'm not sure I want one that badly ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Ooh good luck with the assignment and dissertation! What are you studying? Mine are at their dads till tomorrow as well. Haha yeah other people can keep their husbandsโ€ฆ unless theyโ€™re Lewis capaldi ofc
---
๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ self loathing at the moment because I canโ€™t make myself like decent guys who want to spend time with me, while killing time on my 4 days off solo mooching around the house, wanting someone to hang out with ๐Ÿ˜‚ make it make sense!

Also trying to remember that having 4 days alone to do whatever I want is an absolute dream.
Ahh we are such contradictory creatures arenโ€™t we ๐Ÿ˜‚
---
I'm afraid I'm having a "wish it would rain" and everyone get back indoors & stop being noisy. You're spoiling my peace" ๐Ÿคฃ
๐Ÿ˜‚
---
Iโ€™m on my way home to spring clean my house before my dad and stepmum come tomorrow and my mum on Thursdayโ€ฆ I donโ€™t mind a good clean but I want it to be on my terms, you know? Not just cos I have judgemental guests

Reactions: 2
๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธme!! Have friends, all of whom have families etc would love to be sat outside a nice country pub with a gin ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚xx
---

This! This and this!!!! With you ๐Ÿ’ฏ xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Went out last night with friends and we were witnesses of the most awkward first tinder date ever ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. We didn't hear much about what the woman was saying (sadly for us, nosy buggers) but the guy spent the first 10 minutes on his phone, scrolling, completely ignoring her! Then he was bragging loudly about his degree and to finish they ended up with a 5 mn awkward silence trying desperately to find a topic to chat about (they settled for the weather...). Felt so bad for the girl, the guy was good looking but he needs to work on his attitude (though he didn't mention his penis, so that's a bit better than other tinder men ๐Ÿ˜…).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธme!! Have friends, all of whom have families etc would love to be sat outside a nice country pub with a gin ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚xx
---

This! This and this!!!! With you ๐Ÿ’ฏ xx
Yeah I feel like literally all my friends are on holiday right now - everybody seems to be abroad with their partner or if they are in the UK theyโ€™re doing big social family thingsโ€ฆ I persuaded my bf to come and sit outside a pub on the seafront with me yesterday and he just acted so bored and moaned it was cold the whole time (it wasnโ€™t that cold, there were people there half dressed fgs ๐Ÿ˜‚).. then I was looking forward to going to this gig with work people which Iโ€™d invited him to as well but he didnโ€™t fancy it, so I stupidly bailed - I say stupid because where I thought we might have a nice evening in together, he decided to go straight to bedโ€ฆ the upside was that he suggested we get breakfast this morning after a long sleep, but then we didnโ€™t do that either. Bleugh! Oh well my house is getting there cleaning wise ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart
  • Sad
Yeah I feel like literally all my friends are on holiday right now - everybody seems to be abroad with their partner or if they are in the UK theyโ€™re doing big social family thingsโ€ฆ I persuaded my bf to come and sit outside a pub on the seafront with me yesterday and he just acted so bored and moaned it was cold the whole time (it wasnโ€™t that cold, there were people there half dressed fgs ๐Ÿ˜‚).. then I was looking forward to going to this gig with work people which Iโ€™d invited him to as well but he didnโ€™t fancy it, so I stupidly bailed - I say stupid because where I thought we might have a nice evening in together, he decided to go straight to bedโ€ฆ the upside was that he suggested we get breakfast this morning after a long sleep, but then we didnโ€™t do that either. Bleugh! Oh well my house is getting there cleaning wise ๐Ÿ˜‚
Iโ€™m on my 3rd load of washing ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†feeling focused on house work! Your bf sounds like my only single friend- she takes her her bed at 7pm when we are on holiday ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆx

open invitation to my house lads! spent the weekend so far tidying my garden and setting up my lovely new patio furniture - i have chairs, table and gin! ๐Ÿฅฐ
---
Went out last night with friends and we were witnesses of the most awkward first tinder date ever ๐Ÿ˜ฌ. We didn't hear much about what the woman was saying (sadly for us, nosy buggers) but the guy spent the first 10 minutes on his phone, scrolling, completely ignoring her! Then he was bragging loudly about his degree and to finish they ended up with a 5 mn awkward silence trying desperately to find a topic to chat about (they settled for the weather...). Felt so bad for the girl, the guy was good looking but he needs to work on his attitude (though he didn't mention his penis, so that's a bit better than other tinder men ๐Ÿ˜…).
omg i both love and hate sitting next to obvious first dates. a friend and i sat next to one in london where (i think) the girl basically admitted to having to move universities because sheโ€™d been stalking one of her lecturers (she said โ€œwell it doesnโ€™t say you couldnโ€™t go to ALL his office hours, i still donโ€™t get why that was weirdโ€). my friend and i were sat there like ๐Ÿ˜ณ

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
open invitation to my house lads! spent the weekend so far tidying my garden and setting up my lovely new patio furniture - i have chairs, table and gin! ๐Ÿฅฐ
---

omg i both love and hate sitting next to obvious first dates. a friend and i sat next to one in london where (i think) the girl basically admitted to having to move universities because sheโ€™d been stalking one of her lecturers (she said โ€œwell it doesnโ€™t say you couldnโ€™t go to ALL his office hours, i still donโ€™t get why that was weirdโ€). my friend and i were sat there like ๐Ÿ˜ณ
On my way ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

• Heart
Now on a very sunny stroll round where I live and naturally going to have to pop in to the pub for a pint in the sun, where this time the only person I can bore is myself ๐Ÿ˜‚
---
---

Chairs table and gin sounds bloody lovely!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Well I went out on Friday night, it sounds big headed but I was looking like a snack and got lots of attention and men chasing me through the night. I didn't go home with anyone but it was a much needed confidence boost. Need to do it more often!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Well I went out on Friday night, it sounds big headed but I was looking like a snack and got lots of attention and men chasing me through the night. I didn't go home with anyone but it was a much needed confidence boost. Need to do it more often!
Yesss! Love to hear it

• Heart
just out of curiosity, because i'm imagining us in a garden drinking gin (gag), how old is everyone?

• Heart
just out of curiosity, because i'm imagining us in a garden drinking gin (gag), how old is everyone?
31 look 94
---
I may have said this 20 times already on this thread but if anyone wants a binge watch tonight - beef on Netflix is INSANE once you get into it (and I hate it when people say that but my god itโ€™s worth it ๐Ÿ˜‚)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.