Dating after lockdown #26 What in the bad episode of Hollyoaks is going on?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been chatting with someone over Christmas. He’s separated but still living with his wife atm. They have 3 children under 9 years old. She cheated on him with someone I knew earlier this year (don’t know how long for etc) they’ve been married 11 years but together longer. Anyway, he suggested meeting for a coffee but it had to be during the week during the day. I understand childcare issues on a weekend. Am I wrong to ask why it has to be during the week during the day? He said when I can get away from work we could meet, but I get an hour break and it would take me 15 mins to drive anywhere to go for a coffee!

When I say earlier this year, I meant earlier in 2022 🤦🏼‍♀️
No!!! My ex keeps asking for us to meet but only on a Thursday at 9am? Through some digging I found out he has a wife and three!!! Children including a 4 month old baby! And who honestly what’s to meet for sex at 9am anyway?! Thursday is his morning off work, gross!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
No!!! My ex keeps asking for us to meet but only on a Thursday at 9am? Through some digging I found out he has a wife and three!!! Children including a 4 month old baby! And who honestly what’s to meet for sex at 9am anyway?! Thursday is his morning off work, gross!
How delightful that he's fitting you into his busy life! 😤🙄

I think this would be one instance where I would call him out on his behaviour especially as he's someone you know well. His poor wife though ..these kind of men need castration!

Men who specify they want to have good sex are the type of men to finish within 30 seconds. They will then have the audacity to ask ‘did you c**?’, which must always be answered with: “yes to the wrong damn house, I’m leaving”
We need to have a list of all these funny come backs ...I would love some for the inevitable ' what you upto ' question..I'd love to know what they imagine I'm doing at 11pm!... Washing the car, mowing the lawn, hiking up a mountain 😤🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Mate he was tit in bed but was giving him the benefit as he was actually nice 😅

Edit- he text me saying 'listen I'm quite stressed out atm, plus my back gone so that's stressed me out more. Give me some space and I'll call you tonight

I'm sorry.
The use of the phrase 'give me some space' when you've clearly not been chasing him to respond would annoy the hell out of me. Big red flag.

I guess at least if he was tit in bed he is no real loss 😂

It is annoying though because why all the making plans and then suddenly going cold? I honestly think a lot of men are in love with the idea of having someone in their life, but completely incapable of sustaining it beyond a week or two, and then ghost or do a slow fade once it becomes too much effort for them.

I think that when (if!) I start dating again I'm going to look for men with a healthy selection of houseplants - because at least that shows they are capable of maintaining and caring for something in the long term 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It’s funny how the “stress” is never mentioned before we’ve met them and still in the chatting stage. Yet, it always seems to crop up?

Reactions: 14

Edit- he text me saying 'listen I'm quite stressed out atm, plus my back gone so that's stressed me out more. Give me some space and I'll call you tonight

I'm sorry.
Tell him to get fucked. He's a child, end of. He won't call you, he's just keeping you dangling. Sorry to be harsh but it's all bullshit.

Sometimes I want a man. Then I don't. Unreal scenes.

It’s funny how the “stress” is never mentioned before we’ve met them and still in the chatting stage. Yet, it always seems to crop up?
EXACTLY!!!!

Reactions: 11
And once they've had the sex too. It's been less than 3 weeks and only 3 dates so he's another one that has followed the tired old dialogue they all do. The continuing to pretend the next date will happen is the worst bit though especially as he has moved on already!

Reactions: 9
I’ve switched from bumble date to bumble bff. Sacking off these wastes of space to meet new people and maybe make new friends. Gets harder the older you get.
yesterday I was flicking through my phone calendar and it so happened to stop on my birthday and I seen there on screen 35th birthday. I felt like I wanted to vom. Never did I expect to be single at 35. I’d rather be single at 85 than entertain the wastes of space but it isn’t want I expected.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10

I'm sorry.
that ‘performance’ put his back out!

on a serious note, you deserve better.

Reactions: 9
Tell him to get fucked. He's a child, end of. He won't call you, he's just keeping you dangling. Sorry to be harsh but it's all bullshit.

Sometimes I want a man. Then I don't. Unreal scenes.

EXACTLY!!!!
Yeah I just deleted him off my socials as well. He never mentioned being stressed and he knows I've got stress at work and yet I'm still able to communicate make the effort with him.
I've Just finished my 4th 12hr shift so I'm getting up hitting the gym and gonna go town and find a cute outfit as im going bongo bingo tomorrow with my mates.
Im not bigging myself out been since December I've been hitting the gym and running and toned up massively.
His loss and I'm so glad i didn't stop chatting to the others as he a waste off space.
He can keep his tit sex 🤣

I'll delete the pic now as don't know who on here haha

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
👍🏻 I didn’t reply to him when he suggested meeting up on his terms. I’ve also noticed he sometimes hides his location during the day but in the evening he’s back where he said he lives 🤨

• Wow
Reactions: 4

I'm sorry.
Give me some space!???? The audacity. I would be raging and tell him, ‘you know what babe have all the space you want because I’m OUT.’
Also life’s too short for bad sex.

Reactions: 13
We need to have a list of all these funny come backs ...I would love some for the inevitable ' what you upto ' question..I'd love to know what they imagine I'm doing at 11pm!... Washing the car, mowing the lawn, hiking up a mountain 😤🙄
i have a friend who (when she’d lost patience with this sort of thing) started responding to a 10pm what u up 2? with “preparing for the blood harvest” or “about to go out for my midnight hunt” etc.

she stopped because one guy ended up being incredibly into that 🤣😳

• Haha
Reactions: 16

I'm sorry.
sounds like he’s got what he wanted -sex, and that’s all he wanted. I’m not putting out until I really know they’re serious

Give me some space!???? The audacity. I would be raging and tell him, ‘you know what babe have all the space you want because I’m OUT.’
Also life’s too short for bad sex.
Hahaha I'm just confused and I think it's disrespectful as he said he pick me up from bongo bingo tomorrow night I didnt arrange lifts with my mates and now I need to be included in the plans as he wasn't gonna tell me unless I said 'you ok' also I finished work at 5am and got up at 10am so I could get into London to meet him just for him to say that like I've been hounding him. I could off stayed in my bed, but I got up went gym then finished it off with some holiday shopping😊
I've got more about to hound a guy I originally had the ick over and put it with the bad sex I aint missing much 🤣

sounds like he’s got what he wanted -sex, and that’s all he wanted. I’m not putting out until I really know they’re serious
We slept together quite early on and he never changed the way he phone me spoke to me, added me to fb ig etc we've met quite a few times, sometimes twice a week.
It was literally yesterday he went dead on me
If he needed me to teach him then he still needs a few more lessons. #1 you won't find the clit on the lip🤷‍♀️

• Haha
👍🏻 I didn’t reply to him when he suggested meeting up on his terms. I’ve also noticed he sometimes hides his location during the day but in the evening he’s back where he said he lives 🤨
Ugh I’m new to this forum but why are men so sneaky and gross 🤮
They think they’re so intelligent hiding location etc, my ex let slip he has another phone by sending me a pic with his real phone on his chest… idiot behaviour 😂
You can and will do better than him!

Hahaha I'm just confused and I think it's disrespectful as he said he pick me up from bongo bingo tomorrow night I didnt arrange lifts with my mates and now I need to be included in the plans as he wasn't gonna tell me unless I said 'you ok' also I finished work at 5am and got up at 10am so I could get into London to meet him just for him to say that like I've been hounding him. I could off stayed in my bed, but I got up went gym then finished it off with some holiday shopping😊
I've got more about to hound a guy I originally had the ick over and put it with the bad sex I aint missing much 🤣

We slept together quite early on and he never changed the way he phone me spoke to me, added me to fb ig etc we've met quite a few times, sometimes twice a week.
It was literally yesterday he went dead on me
If he needed me to teach him then he still needs a few more lessons. #1 you won't find the clit on the lip🤷‍♀️
I'm confused by what you've been posting. You said last Friday was date 3 and your next plans for the weekend were cancelled because of your childrens dad but you've just you've been seeing each other loads ? You also said you in a previous post on date 2 you stayed over but never had sex but now your saying he's rubbish in bed ? Feel like we've been here before on previous threads!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.