Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cas7

So I woke up this morning to find Dean Gaffney aka Robbie from Eastenders had liked me on Hinge… didn’t know if to LOL or throw up x

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31

al255

VIP Member
SOOOO update!!!!!

S came to mine and he brought me some lovely flowers, a bottle of wine and a card for Valentine’s Day 🥹 then he took me out for a meal and when we got back to mine he asked me to be his girlfriend! I never thought in the years we’ve known each other we would be together but he makes me feel everything I should be feeling as well as being treated lovely off someone!

• Heart
Reactions: 30

wibblywobblywoo

VIP Member
So he has now said “What are you on about. I am making an effort. I told you I’d come down to you and cook for you. That’s an effort “

like these men are clueless.
My reply was “yes it would have been an effort and a good first impression if you showed up at my house with a bag of food and a bottle of wine and cooked for me but you then proceeded to tell me to get off my ass and go to Tesco to get the food. And it was only fair that I buy it if you’re cooking it.”

the original plan was bowling and dinner and it’s quite clear now why he didn’t want to do that which is fine. But like seriously.

EDIT: he has now replied “I was only messing about getting the food” - lies. He’s only saying that now because I’ve called him out on this shitty behaviour
You do realise these men use this as a code for sex ? They invite themselves over under the guise of coming to cook you dinner or to have a coffee... it's concerning to me that your first reaction was that he's being tight rather than the fact you don't invite strangers into your safe space that you've met on a dating site. You don't know this man and keeping yourself safe should always be your first thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

queenbees

VIP Member
So my date for the night has cancelled on bowling and dinner. Instead he wants to come round to my house and cook me dinner but then proceeded to tell me that I need to go to Tesco and buy the food🤣 so basically, he’s a scab and doesn’t want to have to pay for bowling and dinner🤣 apparently “it’s only fair you buy if I’m cooking” 🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29

MsCurly

Chatty Member
Gave me major ick ..he'd prefaced by saying he'd been messed about and wasn't prepared to risk that any more.
Absolutely nothing attractive about his 'list' but he clearly thinks he's the dogs bollox! Love that he clarifies that he wants sex, good sex ...no pressure there then! 🤨🙄🙄
Men who specify they want to have good sex are the type of men to finish within 30 seconds. They will then have the audacity to ask ‘did you c**?’, which must always be answered with: “yes to the wrong damn house, I’m leaving”

• Haha
Reactions: 26

nothanksbabes

VIP Member
If you're a woman genuinely after just casual sex, the worst thing about the usual apps, and a lot of men in general, is that they want a one off hookup but they don't want women who want that. It's like they don't feel like they've 'won' unless they've got what they're after under false pretenses. Or they want the fucking 'girlfriend' experience with none of the commitment or emotional responsibility.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

queenbees

VIP Member
Just wanna make it clear that I did not invite a stranger into my house, the stranger invited himself and I did tell him to leave it off and he did get the block. I am aware of what the man was looking for 😂😂😂 and I am not an idiot🤣 he can buy his own food tonight or he can go to his mam’s😂 xo

quite frankly I was more entertained that he thought I was gonna accept his offer🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

xcyber

Chatty Member
I’ve been chatting with someone over Christmas. He’s separated but still living with his wife atm. They have 3 children under 9 years old. She cheated on him with someone I knew earlier this year (don’t know how long for etc) they’ve been married 11 years but together longer. Anyway, he suggested meeting for a coffee but it had to be during the week during the day. I understand childcare issues on a weekend. Am I wrong to ask why it has to be during the week during the day? He said when I can get away from work we could meet, but I get an hour break and it would take me 15 mins to drive anywhere to go for a coffee!

When I say earlier this year, I meant earlier in 2022 🤦🏼‍♀️
Honestly, this already sounds like waaaaayyy to much baggage. Personally I wouldn’t even bother.

Reactions: 23

mozzarellagirl

VIP Member
Men lead with their d**k. I hate that they think it’s ok to immediately chat sex which they’ve tried to disguise as something other bulls**t. It’s the same as the ‘no drama’ aka don’t have ANY issues because I will not support you.
drama = women holding me accountable for shitty behaviour and expecting me to behave like an adult (which btw I refuse to do so i'm back on the apps after blaming and gaslighting them)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It’s been a somewhat disheartening first week back on the apps. I cropped the second picture so you can’t see his face so it’s not as clear now, but he’s sitting on a toilet naked! 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 Earlier today I was talking to someone who asked me about my job, & when I asked him what he did he said ‘tried to start up a shoe cleaning business once but it didn’t take off so nowt lol.’ If I didn’t laugh I’d cry! 😂

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow

Lalla

VIP Member
I ended up having a cry last night because I felt so sad about everything. I thought of the people I know from uni. Every person in our original group of 10 or so is married (some for the 2nd time). And I never have been. I have mixed feelings about marriage itself, so it's not that I desperately ever wanted to be someone's wife. But just like I've never been anyone's priority friend, my relationships have been the same, they've never valued me. Even with my Ex. He said he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me but by his own actions ensured that wouldn't be the case.
I don't get why it's like this - I can't point to a traumatic childhood where I was always put second or anything, quite the reverse. I value myself, I really do, but no one else ever has - yet plenty of others are valued, as friends, as partners. What makes them different?

I probably need to stop dwelling on all this but it just hurts ☹

• Heart
  • Sad

Bianca Del Rio

@wibblywobblywoo Just leave him on read, delete / archive the chat and don’t respond to him ever again. He’s blasé and unapologetic, nothing you say back to him will affect him in the slightest. Any further back and forth about it will only leave you feeling more frustrated and it won’t achieve anything. As cancellations go, his is really REALLY poor. That 😂 emoji is infuriating.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Dry chat is the worst most boring banal thing ever, I have no patience for it haha. Like if you’ve got nothing to contribute when you have everything in the world to find out about someone, wtf are you going to be talking about when you’ve been married 50 years and know the ins and outs of each other’s sock collections? 😂
i think i’ve posted about this here before but, i’ve travelled quite a bit over the usa and have a few photos of me in various locations on my profile. one is of me in seattle, one of my favourite us cities, a guy messaged me saying “i loved seattle!”, i replied like omg me too, did you go to such and such a place, did you see this etc?!

he replied: don’t remember.

literally “don’t remember”. i think i deleted my bumble account for a week after that 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow