Dating after lockdown #21 More red flags than Pamplona, we don’t wanna know about your boner.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I said I wouldn’t post in this forum but I need to help and need to talk to people in similar situations and just moan basically.

but I went on this date with this lad in February. And saw him again in March and that’s where he basically insinuated that he wasn’t looking for a relationship (which we all know that He isn’t looking for a relationship with me) But we said we would be friends. Well, hingsight that was bullshit. We didn’t talk for a bit then he messaged me and started flirting. Well I got caught up in and started flirting Back.
I then I tried to see him but here came the excuses- “I’m in a weird mood atm” “my grandads are in, my sister is in hospital” and that’s serious so you don’t want to call him a liar…but anyway. I basically started feeling like something was off and he finally came clean tonight that he was seeing someone.
And I honestly feel like such a MUG!!!! Because I give people benefit of the doubt and I get shitted on and in some way, I feel like I ask for it aswell. I don’t want to become guarded or cycnial, but Then in the past,I have done that and become too guarded/cycnical and just not me.

but I guess my moan is that I’m sick of attracting these losers, and being taken for a mug and being the one before The One and just overall, feeling hopeless and that I’m forever going to get it wrong, forever single and I’m 32 this year- never been in a relationship, never been in love (the happy way!). And I’ve put the work with my behaviour, toxic behaviour and being attached to unavailable men.

but I’ll be honest- I just want to be loved and in love. Is that too much to ask for? 😕

I’m ranting now but thanks for listening.
i read this late last night but am finally able to get my thoughts together to reply to you 💙

i too am a thirty-something (a little older than you though!) who has never been in love and never had a “proper” relationship. this never really bothered me because i kinda understood why - i’m shy, like my own company, don’t make much of an effort to talk to men because a lot of them irritate me (🤣) but in some egotistical way i always thought “oh when i start really trying it’ll be fine” and have found that is absolutely not the case.

it’s really hard to deal with sometimes because, like you, most of my friends are in long-term relationships or easily and happily dating and getting loads of interest on apps and such, and it sometimes feels like i’m looking through a window into a room where everyone else is having a great time and in love and i’m outside under a raincloud or something.

on the flip side, i know that it’s a dangerous thing to start associating self-worth with romantic interest. it is also true, as @Sprottish says, that love can happen at any time, at any point in life. love can also come from anywhere, and i would rather be happy with my friends than unhappy in a relationship. self-love is the most important thing because your most important relationship is the one you will have with yourself.

however, i do also feel very bitter and why can’t that happen to me instead sometimes 🤣

i’m sorry that guy treated you like that but i am also proud (and you should be too!) of your reaction to it. you seem like an awesome person and it’s absolutely his loss. life is too short for mediocre men.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Mr. German is yet to reply! He is lucky I am in a good mood today, otherwise I would have blocked him before he could say Entschuldigung. Submarining at its finest…

Talking about meeting people offline, I’m trying to sell some books from my early uni days on Facebook now that I am graduating soon. A guy with no profile picture messaged me saying he wanted to buy one of the books. We agreed to meet in the city centre so I could give him the book. As it happens, it was raining heavily but I still went because I need to get rid of the stuff taking all of the space in my flat - sometimes it seems like I’m renting the place from Oxford University press.

I arrived on time, the mystery guy was late. I logically started watching everyone around me
and trying to figure out which one was him. Saw some really good-looking guys, some sporty guys, and even a guy walking his shiba inu. Well, the no profile picture guy then texted me saying he could not find the underground station we were meeting at so I had to rearrange the meeting place. I had to walk some more in the rain only to find out he actually looked (and behaved) like Obelix from the Asterix & Obelix series…He was very eager to make awkward small talk to me and tried touching my hand when handing me the money. I bet he would have been even more chatty if I did not look mad from waiting for so long. I gave him the book, said my goodbyes and got out of there as quickly as I could. Lucky me, what can I say…
life is too short for mediocre men.
I love this! Sounds like a good motto x

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Advice please because I’m tying myself in knots😭 I haven’t even opened the date from Sundays last message. I don’t want to! But ghosting feels so mean. Is ‘I had a great time meeting you but I don’t think I’m the right match for you’ ok? Or something similar? I’ve not had to do this for a while!

Reactions: 10
Advice please because I’m tying myself in knots😭 I haven’t even opened the date from Sundays last message. I don’t want to! But ghosting feels so mean. Is ‘I had a great time meeting you but I don’t think I’m the right match for you’ ok? Or something similar? I’ve not had to do this for a while!
I think the general basis of the message is fine, but maybe re-jig the right match for you bit. It puts the context of the message back on to the other person, when it is ultimately you making the decision here. Maybe something like 'I had a great time meeting you but I am not interested in a romantic relationship'

Reactions: 5
@Sandor This is the decent guy right? It's so difficult but whatever feels best so what lurking around said is good. If he then gets the hump you can ghost or block if necessary. When you think of the hurt we have felt by the blockers & ghosters, it's best to be honest and straight for your own integrity.

Reactions: 4
C34C8024-0E38-4822-9F28-5DEFD3373261.jpeg

something like this? X

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve done it as a hybrid of everyone. Thank you! I think I’m wary because after the ‘are you deleting the apps’ question, my heads decided he’ll want a conversation about it!

I also realised I matched with him last year and I unmatched him after a few messages so he must have done something then too 🙈 just can’t remember what

Reactions: 6
I think you handled it great @Sandor

Today is my birthday, and at least 3 of the men I have been on dates with in the last 2 years have popped up to wish me a happy birthday and ask me out for drinks. It is rather surprising, especially when I consider the fact that one of the men ghosted me and the other felt 'unsure' about me after 3 dates! 😅

• Heart
Happy birthday @MsCurly ! I’d be so tempted to invite them all at the same time for a bonus party at the pub! No rounds on you, obviously

• Heart
  • Haha

Today is my birthday, and at least 3 of the men I have been on dates with in the last 2 years have popped up to wish me a happy birthday and ask me out for drinks. It is rather surprising, especially when I consider the fact that one of the men ghosted me and the other felt 'unsure' about me after 3 dates! 😅
Happy birthday 🥳
Ignore the ghosts.. 😁

• Heart

happy birthday!! 🥳 have a day that is as fabulous as you are 💙

(and ew, birthday ghost sightings 🤣)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@MsCurly Happy birthday girl! 🥳 I love @Sandor ’s idea of an en masse ghoster’s reunion at the pub. It would be like a budget episode of Ricki Lake.
[pauses while the younger ones collectively Google “Who TF is Ricki Lake?”]
733B977A-75B7-4FEB-9A8B-9C63383B41C4.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
i read this late last night but am finally able to get my thoughts together to reply to you 💙

i too am a thirty-something (a little older than you though!) who has never been in love and never had a “proper” relationship. this never really bothered me because i kinda understood why - i’m shy, like my own company, don’t make much of an effort to talk to men because a lot of them irritate me (🤣) but in some egotistical way i always thought “oh when i start really trying it’ll be fine” and have found that is absolutely not the case.

it’s really hard to deal with sometimes because, like you, most of my friends are in long-term relationships or easily and happily dating and getting loads of interest on apps and such, and it sometimes feels like i’m looking through a window into a room where everyone else is having a great time and in love and i’m outside under a raincloud or something.

on the flip side, i know that it’s a dangerous thing to start associating self-worth with romantic interest. it is also true, as @Sprottish says, that love can happen at any time, at any point in life. love can also come from anywhere, and i would rather be happy with my friends than unhappy in a relationship. self-love is the most important thing because your most important relationship is the one you will have with yourself.

however, i do also feel very bitter and why can’t that happen to me instead sometimes 🤣

i’m sorry that guy treated you like that but i am also proud (and you should be too!) of your reaction to it. you seem like an awesome person and it’s absolutely his loss. life is too short for mediocre men.
I know it's super early, but BIB for the thread title, or to be more inclusive maybe swap men or dates?

• Heart
I’ve done it as a hybrid of everyone. Thank you! I think I’m wary because after the ‘are you deleting the apps’ question, my heads decided he’ll want a conversation about it!

I also realised I matched with him last year and I unmatched him after a few messages so he must have done something then too 🙈 just can’t remember what
Read and no reply so my conscience is eased and I’m glad I don’t have to face coming up with a reason why!

Have deleted his number and will now deal with the fact I like meeting new people but don’t want anyone to touch me 😃

@Thank(space)you I think that would be perfect!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So I dipped my toe in to bumble at the weekend. Matched with a guy, tried a bit of easy chat. The next day I was busy enjoying the jubilee and I get a message from him in the evening, saying ‘bit quiet babe?’
my reply, sorry didn’t realise I was obligated to message 😂
I’ll still be single in 2055!!
Not sure why I bothered really, I don’t think there’s anything I want right now 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
View attachment 1326488
It’s like the universe doesn’t want me to meet someone 🙄😞😭
For what reason?

So I dipped my toe in to bumble at the weekend. Matched with a guy, tried a bit of easy chat. The next day I was busy enjoying the jubilee and I get a message from him in the evening, saying ‘bit quiet babe?’
my reply, sorry didn’t realise I was obligated to message 😂
I’ll still be single in 2055!!
Not sure why I bothered really, I don’t think there’s anything I want right now 🤷🏼‍♀️
You could have said ‘Hi.. Busy day! How’s your weekend?’… or were you not interested?

I had this on POF. Some prat must have reported me. He'd been going on about sex with his grandmother or auntie, I forget which and I said something scathing back and that was it. Banned. Pathetic when you think of the disgusting messages we get.

For what reason?

You could have said ‘Hi.. Busy day! How’s your weekend?’… or were you not interested?
Considering we only had 3 messages the day before, getting the ‘bit quiet babe?’ rubbed me up the wrong way to be honest (probably over sensitive of me)
He could of asked how my day had been and would of got a much better response. I expected he wanted me to say ‘oh sorry I’ve been doing so and so’ but I can’t bring myself to pander to a bloke like that. Been there and got the T-shirt plenty of times...
I’m not really interested in dating at all. Just get the odd curiosity now and again.
Been through hell and have a long way to go (and a lot of counselling) to heal.. don’t want anyone involved until I’m out the other side

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.