Dating after lockdown #21 More red flags than Pamplona, we don’t wanna know about your boner.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all. Hope everyone is ok.
Been having a little break from Tattle!

I’ve joined the gym too- went yesterday for the first time since having covid and I feel great 😃 I think I was focusing so much on everyone else in my life and wasn’t committing to myself.

Anyway - back to my dating life.. I said I was having a break from the apps but I went onto Bumble randomly and matched with this guy. We’ve been talking on WhatsApp since Friday and although he’s not the “best” looking man ever, we talk from morning to night (11pm!!!) on text and I feel like I’ve known him my whole life. It’s so strange. He asked for my number after talking and was really keen to set up a date. (This isn’t a red flag to me at all, as I felt the same, no point in being a pen pal) We are meeting on Saturday and I feel less anxious and I don’t find myself overthinking about this guy. We just get on really well and he’s got a good sense of humour too. He’s been single 2 years and he wants to find the one👀 .. I’ve not been on any apps though cos I can’t be bothered. Fingers crossed for it all🤞🏻🤞🏻
this all sounds super exciting and promising!

If anyone fancies a laugh someone directed me to a Mumsnet post about someone being quite indignant about a date they’d gone on:

For some reason the way the OP described it really tickled me. The responses are interesting (not read more than a handful) because they veer between being quite harsh, addressing the issue as I see it (her passivity) or slating the man for being a tightwad. What’s even funnier is that he asked her out again and she wasn’t sure how to respond.

Seems like dating dilemmas are universal 🌎

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I was reading some posts on another parenting forum.
They were along the lines of the woman casually dating and not hearing from the man for about five days.. They sounded close enough and he had went from texting/seeing her all the time to nothing. The responses they got were awful, these other women were saying how it’s causal and why did she even expect to hear from him, five days was nothing, they never reply to anyone for days etc, most of them have been married and settled for years.. I think some of them said they found their partners before WhatsApp and online dating was even a thing. It annoys me how these people have no clue about modern dating and made her out to be crazy for being upset over it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
So i think my date smokes 🫠🫠🫠🫠 urghhh. That’s a huge NO for me and I won’t even entertain it. It’s a massive turn off.. so we are friends on Facebook and he posted in 2021 “this is the worst smoking area in the uk” and it’s a joke at an airport, then on one of his photos on bumble he’s holding a pack of fags 😠 I might ask if he vapes. I can cope with a vaper but not fags!

Reactions: 2
So i think my date smokes 🫠🫠🫠🫠 urghhh. That’s a huge NO for me and I won’t even entertain it. It’s a massive turn off.. so we are friends on Facebook and he posted in 2021 “this is the worst smoking area in the uk” and it’s a joke at an airport, then on one of his photos on bumble he’s holding a pack of fags 😠 I might ask if he vapes. I can cope with a vaper but not fags!
I wouldn’t worry, no one will be able to afford to smoke soon enough

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hey, me again if anyone remembers lol....

Anyway I've came off the dating apps for a few months as wanted to heal from the awful experience in January.
A guy I was chatting to last year randomly messaged me and we been on 6 dates but nothing sexual happened. We arranged to meet up this week to take it to the next stage, im even sure what we are but taking it as it comes. Anyway I came on the night before so we couldn't do owt but I went to his and he was so lovely and we still had a nice time but today he messaged morning x, I replied and around 12 I messaged ' we could rearrange our date night fri' he never replied but was online so at 7pm I messaged '?' And he had a massive go at Me and said never ever chase me up with a question mark..
And I being unreasonable thinking that was a harsh reply or should I just left it waiting for him to message bk.

Why do I attract these....

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Are you being unreasonable? NO! Even if he’d been out saving lives so genuinely couldn’t reply to your original message, the overreaction to the ‘?’ is a red flag. We all have bad days and we all have our irrational pressure points about stuff but this would be a hard pass for me.

Reactions: 6
Are you being unreasonable? NO! Even if he’d been out saving lives so genuinely couldn’t reply to your original message, the overreaction to the ‘?’ is a red flag. We all have bad days and we all have our irrational pressure points about stuff but this would be a hard pass for me.
Yeah he can be like that at times. He definitely not out saving lives but owns his own company which could be stressful * no excuse though*
He ignoring me now though but I have no intention messaging him now. It was literally going fine before this

Reactions: 3
Yeah he can be like that at times. He definitely not out saving lives but owns his own company which could be stressful * no excuse though*
He ignoring me now though but I have no intention messaging him now. It was literally going fine before this
We all have stress in our lives these days and being snotty to a potential romantic interest is something you don’t do. By all means say you’re too busy, work is stressful, you need a break or even that you’re not an instant communicator and feel a bit pressured with the use of a ‘?’ but the response you got speaks more to his character in general than any environmental stressors.

He probably will apologise at some point - hopefully you’ll have found someone more interesting to focus on by then 😉

Reactions: 5
Hey, me again if anyone remembers lol....

Anyway I've came off the dating apps for a few months as wanted to heal from the awful experience in January.
A guy I was chatting to last year randomly messaged me and we been on 6 dates but nothing sexual happened. We arranged to meet up this week to take it to the next stage, im even sure what we are but taking it as it comes. Anyway I came on the night before so we couldn't do owt but I went to his and he was so lovely and we still had a nice time but today he messaged morning x, I replied and around 12 I messaged ' we could rearrange our date night fri' he never replied but was online so at 7pm I messaged '?' And he had a massive go at Me and said never ever chase me up with a question mark..
And I being unreasonable thinking that was a harsh reply or should I just left it waiting for him to message bk.

Why do I attract these....
He’s an idiot.. Let him ignore you and disappear from his life. I’m sure he will pop up with some lame excuse about being stressed but don’t fall for it if he’s got a habit of being a head.

Reactions: 5
Guys,

If a fella I dated a while ago who ended things really amicably (not one I've ever mentioned before) has started suddenly viewing my insta story despite not following me (so he must be actively seeking me out) what does this mean?! Should I watch his back or just let him carry on and see if he gets in touch?

• Sad
Guys,

If a fella I dated a while ago who ended things really amicably (not one I've ever mentioned before) has started suddenly viewing my insta story despite not following me (so he must be actively seeking me out) what does this mean?! Should I watch his back or just let him carry on and see if he gets in touch?
My advice would be to not let nobodies occupy your mind. I honestly find it borderline creepy that he is watching your stories whilst he is not following you. Like you said, he is looking you up online without directly interacting with you. That is just strange.

Reactions: 9
My advice would be to not let nobodies occupy your mind. I honestly find it borderline creepy that he is watching your stories whilst he is not following you. Like you said, he is looking you up online without directly interacting with you. That is just strange.
Didn't see it like that so thank you for the alternative perspective. My idiot little hopeful self just told me its because he's thinking of me again. But yes you are right it is slightly creepy 🤣🤣 x

@Jadejones9596 Cynical Bianca says that they tend to come slithering out of the woodwork when something has gone pear-shaped elsewhere and they’re looking to see who might be susceptible to a “Hey stranger, long time no speak 👋🏼”.

Not today Satan. 😒

Reactions: 10
Guys,

He prob thinks this is the equivalent of him ‘shooting his shot’ and that’ll you’ll message or instigate. I def would not bother. It’s creepy and a bit childish and def he’s recently ended something else. Guys are honestly so painfully predictable at times.

Reactions: 4
Guys,

It doesn’t mean anything. Men are just nosy.

Reactions: 8
Evening guys,
So matched with this guy on Hinge
Chatted for a few days , then he ghosts me out of nowhere he messages with this gem !!

I cannot be bothered 😕
Plus he wasn’t even that good looking
3A60833C-FB75-4815-9315-F8D9776909ED.jpeg
3A60833C-FB75-4815-9315-F8D9776909ED.jpeg

• Wow
He’s an idiot.. Let him ignore you and disappear from his life. I’m sure he will pop up with some lame excuse about being stressed but don’t fall for it if he’s got a habit of being a head.
He messaged me and said ' I only need to send 1 message, he will respond once he not busy, then said im not free this weekend, message me next week x
Guess I'm back to square 1 but still don't think I wanna re download the apps.

Has anyone seen the Thursday club in London where its a single night. I'm thinking off going buy don't wanna go alone

He messaged me and said ' I only need to send 1 message, he will respond once he not busy, then said im not free this weekend, message me next week x

Has anyone seen the Thursday club in London where its a single night. I'm thinking off going buy don't wanna go alone
So he’s pied you for the weekend? Nahhh 👋🏾

In all honesty, if I didn’t reply to a message and someone sent me ‘?’ It would rub me up the wrong way and put me off to a certain extent. I can see both sides here x

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.