Dating after lockdown #18 Show me your c*ck and I will block

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a message from this earlier! One of his profile pictures he's proudly sporting a black eye. šŸ™„ His conversation starters! And he's very unattractive. Deffo one of the lads.
ā€˜Do you look in the mirror at the gym at all your tattoos and feel like sucking yourself off? Cos Iā€™m certainly not doing it for you with tit chat like thatā€™

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I had a message from this earlier! One of his profile pictures he's proudly sporting a black eye. šŸ™„ His conversation starters! And he's very unattractive. Deffo one of the lads.
i mean, iā€™m REALLY not into fitness but how is ā€œgymā€ a conversation starter?! šŸ¤£

ā€œdo you go to gym?ā€ ā€œyesā€ ā€œā€¦ā€¦ā€¦. coolā€

itā€™s a no from me!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
i mean, iā€™m REALLY not into fitness but how is ā€œgymā€ a conversation starter?! šŸ¤£

ā€œdo you go to gym?ā€ ā€œyesā€ ā€œā€¦ā€¦ā€¦. coolā€

itā€™s a no from me!
My conversation starter ā€œI donā€™t like the gymā€¦ dealbreaker?ā€ šŸ¤£

I saw someone with a black eye on their profile pic - it was there for months. How can it possibly attract anyone?!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My conversation starter ā€œI donā€™t like the gymā€¦ dealbreaker?ā€ šŸ¤£

I saw someone with a black eye on their profile pic - it was there for months. How can it possibly attract anyone?!
same šŸ¤£ i would never in a million years be able to participate in a conversation about the gym. it is an alien environment for me.

i swear sometimes men forget that a dating profile is supposed to make people actually WANT to date them!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
absolutely this - and this is really what gives me the dating fear. i know that my recent ex will regret it (he was 5ā€3, a tiny man, and supremely awkward) and iā€™m just annoyed that iā€™m not going to be around to see that happen šŸ¤£ but itā€™s just scary to me that, as women, we have to put ourselves out there and at risk of this for the ā€œprizeā€ of finding a man who is going to stick around. sometimes, as i swipe, iā€™m just thinking of all the other things i could be doing with my time.
We have to wait to be picked, they get to do the picking, but for the most of us we donā€™t want to be pick me girls, weā€™d rather be ourselves until someone we find worthy, not them, comes along! The ball is more in there court, women arenā€™t likely to make first moves. I mean nothing wrong with those who are I wish I had that confidence lol. But they like a challenge.. so we get told to ā€˜play it coolā€™. At first the apps seem exciting then the novelty wears off and it makes u feel even worse like this dating pool is full of piss lol. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll go back on dating app again unless Iā€™m still single in a few years. But u do hear the good stories from them so Iā€™m biased lol

What do you think is making you feel he isnā€™t as into you as you are him?
casting my mind back to our previous threads pixi i seem to recall you saying this about (iā€™m guessing) the same guy a few times before - whatā€™s still making you feel like this? especially considering that things have obviously moved forward since then.
thanks for the replies. Yes youā€™re right @LaBlonde this is the same guy and itā€™s been a running theme since we started dating. He hasnā€™t really done anything for me to think this, heā€™s pretty attentive - texts me first most days, wants to meet up, makes plans with me for the short term future (like going on holiday this summer). I just canā€™t shake this gut feeling. I really donā€™t even think heā€™d cheat on me, I just know there is definitely someone out there much better for him than me and itā€™s only a matter of time until he meets them. Iā€™m going to be that ā€œgod what was I thinkingā€ relationship he will look back on in a few years and laugh šŸ˜…. Itā€™s my own fault I feel like this cos Iā€™ve definitely dated guys I wasnā€™t 100% sure on and just kind of went along with it for a while as it was easier than ending it and I liked their company, even if I didnā€™t see a future with them. Also doesnā€™t help Iā€™m in the worst shape of my life, in my entire relationship with my ex I was a size 6/8, almost flat stomach, tonedā€¦ now Iā€™m a stone heavier with cellulite and a pot belly. Trying so hard to sort it out but being on the pill doesnā€™t help either.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This might be an interesting thought for us all. My lovely but Iā€™m no longer compatible with ex husband has recently started dating and is only using Bumble because he likes that women donā€™t have to try and decode whether a first message is sleazy or not because heā€™d never want to make a move that came off as misogynistic. And he also said a simple hey as that first message doesnā€™t bother him. My point being I guess that the more genuine are out there. Heā€™s definitely only a relationship kind of person too. I know itā€™s odd that we talk about it but heā€™s literally never dated (we were friends first) and was like who the hell am I going to talk to about this and get real answers from.

I think somehow weā€™ve got a generation (or two) that have become obsessed with the dating side of things. Everything advises dating multiple people etc til you pick one but that doesnā€™t work.

@Belle123 Iā€™m so sorry youā€™re having such a confusing time. I see so many parallels. My guy is saying he only wants to date me, but still saying he canā€™t have feelings despite clearly actually having feelings for me. So I screenshot all the messages that state feelings he has shared with me, or things heā€™s said about our future, and sent them to him because heā€™s always told me to tell him when heā€™s being a dick. So thatā€™s where we are today. Iā€™ll report back if I have news!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
thanks for the replies. Yes youā€™re right @LaBlonde this is the same guy and itā€™s been a running theme since we started dating. He hasnā€™t really done anything for me to think this, heā€™s pretty attentive - texts me first most days, wants to meet up, makes plans with me for the short term future (like going on holiday this summer). I just canā€™t shake this gut feeling. I really donā€™t even think heā€™d cheat on me, I just know there is definitely someone out there much better for him than me and itā€™s only a matter of time until he meets them. Iā€™m going to be that ā€œgod what was I thinkingā€ relationship he will look back on in a few years and laugh šŸ˜…. Itā€™s my own fault I feel like this cos Iā€™ve definitely dated guys I wasnā€™t 100% sure on and just kind of went along with it for a while as it was easier than ending it and I liked their company, even if I didnā€™t see a future with them. Also doesnā€™t help Iā€™m in the worst shape of my life, in my entire relationship with my ex I was a size 6/8, almost flat stomach, tonedā€¦ now Iā€™m a stone heavier with cellulite and a pot belly. Trying so hard to sort it out but being on the pill doesnā€™t help either.
please donā€™t self sabotage by thinking youā€™re not good enouyh!!! He sounds into you, all the signs are there, the being attentive and making plans etc. Who are you to say if thereā€™s someone better out there for him? Heā€™s picked you, let him make (what I expect is an excellent!) choice!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
We have to wait to be picked, they get to do the picking, but for the most of us we donā€™t want to be pick me girls, weā€™d rather be ourselves until someone we find worthy, not them, comes along! The ball is more in there court, women arenā€™t likely to make first moves. I mean nothing wrong with those who are I wish I had that confidence lol. But they like a challenge.. so we get told to ā€˜play it coolā€™. At first the apps seem exciting then the novelty wears off and it makes u feel even worse like this dating pool is full of piss lol. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll go back on dating app again unless Iā€™m still single in a few years. But u do hear the good stories from them so Iā€™m biased lol
Just this morning I was scrolling through reddit and found a thread about how women who made the first move are all in happy relationships and how men viewed them. Every single man on that thread said he loved it when women made the first move. So, I definitely disagree with your statement. You cannot sit around and wait for a man to pick you. If you want to make something of your life, you need to take matters into your own hand. Sure men like a challenge, but being the one to make the first move has very little to do with that. I think the challenge generally lies in the period after that first contact, the "courting" period as my grandmother would say. šŸ˜… Besides, if men really wanted to be the one to do the picking, would they use apps like Bumble as @Sandor mentioned?

I only use Bumble as well and not once has a man said to me that I was too forward by messaging them or asking them to grab a coffee. To be fair though, I'm in my mid twenties so it could also be a generational thing? Perhaps older generations prefer traditional roles, but from what I've experienced most millennials do not care much about traditional gender roles when dating.

Reactions: 2
We have to wait to be picked, they get to do the picking, but for the most of us we donā€™t want to be pick me girls, weā€™d rather be ourselves until someone we find worthy, not them, comes along! The ball is more in there court, women arenā€™t likely to make first moves. I mean nothing wrong with those who are I wish I had that confidence lol.
The sad truth is that women doing the chasing just does not work. Men will happily cosplay as a nice person for months on end until they get what they want to then drop you like a sack of tit, and you've no choice but to go along with it, keep your wits about you and pray. You haven't got a hope in hell if you pursue them.

I remember when I was dating I was in the talking stage with someone - super fit, funny and we had great chemistry. Thought I had really found a gem. Asks me on a date, I say yes and he says "btw, just so you know I have a girlfriend. But I don't think we'll be together much longer tbh" šŸ¤Æ Sorry what? Obviously, into the bin he went. But you can imagine how disappointed and enraged I was with the dating game though.

A few months - and a few more ghostings and dating disasters for me - later he pops back up, saying he's single (but who knows tbh) asking me on another date. To be honest I was seriously considering it... Purely because by that point I had realised dating is the ninth circle of hell and I was absolutely done with it, and this was an opportunity to actually have some fun - get dressed up, have a few free drinks, flirt, and not worry about coming across too keen, becoming too invested or being lovebombed and manipulated. I could actually just relax and enjoy dating as it should be, there would be no games to suffer through because this guy was already written off in my eyes.

I remember asking all my friends what they thought I should do (wish I had Tattle/this thread at this point!) all the single/seasoned daters told me to go for it, as they understood what I meant by finally being able to enjoy myself as I didn't have to worry if this guy was a fuckboy, as I already knew he was. OF COURSE all my relationship friends told me he's a prick, I deserve better etc... Like yes I know, the point is they all pretend they're nice in the beginning and having to act like a robot trying not to get attached and protecting your feelings is so tiring and unnatural, and I just wanted to have fun for once.

In the end I didn't go ahead with it as I didn't want to reward his crappy behaviour, but it speaks for how horrific the whole dating process is that was easier to date someone I knew was a prick/didn't want a future with because at least he couldn't hurt me!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I only use Bumble as well and not once has a man said to me that I was too forward by messaging them or asking them to grab a coffee. To be fair though, I'm in my mid twenties so it could also be a generational thing? Perhaps older generations prefer traditional roles, but from what I've experienced most millennials do not care much about traditional gender roles when dating.
i think dating is a hugely different experience in your twenties (mid or late!) to in your thirties. iā€™ve never been called too forward but i absolutely have had men say iā€™m a ā€œbit keenā€ (and on bumble too! an app that actively gives you a countdown on when to message) - i think, as eloquently stated up thread, being a woman past her early thirties on the apps becomes an increasingly demoralising thing because so many men our age are looking for someone younger, someone who is keen but not too keen, someone with no baggage etc. the courting period doesnā€™t even seem to exist anymore šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

@theweekend is sadly right. men will absolutely do a weird kind of cosplay for months on end before telling you that you actually werenā€™t what they wanted all along. why do we put ourselves through it?!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
please donā€™t self sabotage by thinking youā€™re not good enouyh!!! He sounds into you, all the signs are there, the being attentive and making plans etc. Who are you to say if thereā€™s someone better out there for him? Heā€™s picked you, let him make (what I expect is an excellent!) choice!
Thank you, I know Iā€™m being silly I just canā€™t shake this feeling. I just feel like at any moment someone else who is much prettier than me and he has more in common with could come along and he will realise Iā€™m not that great. Like you said though Iā€™m sabotaging it as Iā€™m letting these feelings take over and itā€™s making me anxious when weā€™re together.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you, I know Iā€™m being silly I just canā€™t shake this feeling. I just feel like at any moment someone else who is much prettier than me and he has more in common with could come along and he will realise Iā€™m not that great. Like you said though Iā€™m sabotaging it as Iā€™m letting these feelings take over and itā€™s making me anxious when weā€™re together.
Ahh trust me I totally get where youā€™re coming from - Iā€™ve been feeling and acting the exact same way on and off in my relationship since the beginning. I even outright told him at one point that I worried he was supposed to be with someone ā€˜betterā€™ than me and outlined all the stuff this fantasy mythical woman would have in common with himā€¦. But Iā€™m trying to stop. Because I too was ending up all anxious and not able to relax when we were together. You can work through it though! Iā€™m starting to get a bit better at it now x

• Heart
Ffs šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

This might be an interesting thought for us all. My lovely but Iā€™m no longer compatible with ex husband has recently started dating and is only using Bumble because he likes that women donā€™t have to try and decode whether a first message is sleazy or not because heā€™d never want to make a move that came off as misogynistic. And he also said a simple hey as that first message doesnā€™t bother him. My point being I guess that the more genuine are out there. Heā€™s definitely only a relationship kind of person too. I know itā€™s odd that we talk about it but heā€™s literally never dated (we were friends first) and was like who the hell am I going to talk to about this and get real answers from.

I think somehow weā€™ve got a generation (or two) that have become obsessed with the dating side of things. Everything advises dating multiple people etc til you pick one but that doesnā€™t work.

@Belle123 Iā€™m so sorry youā€™re having such a confusing time. I see so many parallels. My guy is saying he only wants to date me, but still saying he canā€™t have feelings despite clearly actually having feelings for me. So I screenshot all the messages that state feelings he has shared with me, or things heā€™s said about our future, and sent them to him because heā€™s always told me to tell him when heā€™s being a dick. So thatā€™s where we are today. Iā€™ll report back if I have news!
I always get this ā€˜you need to date multiple people and keep your options openā€™ like hun I donā€™t even have one option never mind multiple ones šŸ™ˆ

Half the battle is that itā€™s not a one size fits all approach. Weā€™re trying to figure someoneā€™s style out in an artificial way - through messages on a screen! Then we have gender stereotypes - ā€œmen are huntersā€ ā€œwomen like to play hard to getā€ šŸ™„ Sure, many men are dynamic and take the leadā€¦ but still need the woman to reciprocate at times. It takes equal effort, after all, in a healthy dynamic. If one is doing all the initiating, thatā€™s not a great thing. Us women get told to go after what we want, but donā€™t chase. Be open and available, but not too available. Itā€™s exhausting when all you want to do is be yourself. Confidence comes into it for both parties. I feel sorry for men at times, and that they are expected to do certain things, like ask the woman out, but thatā€™s basing it on assumptions men are similar to one another and theyā€™re not. Personalities and confidence levels differ across both genders. Thatā€™s why I say to ask the man out if you want an answer after a reasonable time has passed. Donā€™t be passive. Whatā€™s the worst that will happen? Is it the end of the world? What if itā€™s a positive response after all?

I think this is why I like Bumble too. The pressure to decide who messages first is off.

@Sandor thank you so much. Iā€™m feeling frustrated for you! Itā€™s hard watching someone working through things as youā€™re trying to have a relationship with them. I wish Iā€™d met my ex 6-12 months after his divorce, and not now. Heā€™d be in a completely different place. I hope your guy works through it and comes towards you more. The dilemma is how long do you wait, how much understanding do you show him (especially when itā€™s not being reciprocated to the same extent) and how much patience do you have for it all! Iā€™m giving my ex some time to work through it at his own pace, and simply because Iā€™m not interested in the apps yet anyway, so itā€™s no skin off my nose to try and see, for sure, if he let it go for the wrong reasons.

• Heart
When the gym is your whole personality šŸ™ˆ you just know heā€™s one of those who checks himself into the gym everytime he goes on Facebook lol

Half the battle is that itā€™s not a one size fits all approach. Weā€™re trying to figure someoneā€™s style out in an artificial way - through messages on a screen! Then we have gender stereotypes - ā€œmen are huntersā€ ā€œwomen like to play hard to getā€ šŸ™„ Sure, many men are dynamic and take the leadā€¦ but still need the woman to reciprocate at times. It takes equal effort, after all, in a healthy dynamic. If one is doing all the initiating, thatā€™s not a great thing. Us women get told to go after what we want, but donā€™t chase. Be open and available, but not too available. Itā€™s exhausting when all you want to do is be yourself. Confidence comes into it for both parties. I feel sorry for men at times, and that they are expected to do certain things, like ask the woman out, but thatā€™s basing it on assumptions men are similar to one another and theyā€™re not. Personalities and confidence levels differ across both genders. Thatā€™s why I say to ask the man out if you want an answer after a reasonable time has passed. Donā€™t be passive. Whatā€™s the worst that will happen? Is it the end of the world? What if itā€™s a positive response after all?

I think this is why I like Bumble too. The pressure to decide who messages first is off.

@Sandor thank you so much. Iā€™m feeling frustrated for you! Itā€™s hard watching someone working through things as youā€™re trying to have a relationship with them. I wish Iā€™d met my ex 6-12 months after his divorce, and not now. Heā€™d be in a completely different place. I hope your guy works through it and comes towards you more. The dilemma is how long do you wait, how much understanding do you show him (especially when itā€™s not being reciprocated to the same extent) and how much patience do you have for it all! Iā€™m giving my ex some time to work through it at his own pace, and simply because Iā€™m not interested in the apps yet anyway, so itā€™s no skin off my nose to try and see, for sure, if he let it go for the wrong reasons.
Thatā€™s exactly it itā€™s so confusing! I have always said Iā€™ll never approach first, mainly out of fear of rejection more than anything else. However yesterday I actually passed someone Iā€™ve had my eye on a note with my Snapchat on it (only social media I have) and thought what the hell, and heā€™s actually added me and sent a nice message šŸ˜Š obviously Iā€™d wait for him to suggest anything but I feel quite liberated I was able to do that. Instead of listening to society ā€˜men do the huntingā€™ like you say! I struggle tho because Iā€™m either super keen n giddy or not interested at all, no in between which I need to work on lol

Last edited:
  • Heart
Hi ladies, been reading along but not been in a good head space to offer any positives.

So both Mr 5'7 and 5'5 have gone. No messages/ apologies from either so reasons for their behaviour will remain a mystery until they reappear at some point in the future which ghosters have a tendency to do!

I made the stupid mistake of allowing an ex back into my life late last year. He has repeatedly hurt me over the years but I just don't seem to be able to ever say no to him. Soo long story short he's done what he always does and that's blocked and vanished from my life. No reason for it, conversation was as it always was , I went to text him goodnight and his profile pic was gone and I knew. On top of the 2 ghosters and still working through my bereavement it was all too much and all my hard work of late vanished. I've an ED so that kicked in too. Feelings of abandonment and rejection along with bingeing it's been an emotional week!

So today i woke up 3am feeling bloated and just rotten and told myself enough now ...I've made the decision to leave all the apps, I've had a big cull on my phone deleted all the rogue numbers and I've poured vinegar on all the foods I binge on. I'm less emotional and my perspective is back. This last week I've felt soo emotionally detached going through the motions but eating my way through my pain which ive not done in such a long time. Normally i would think through it all, try to justify, look for my role in it all but this time I'm not going to waste any more time on them. Its happened, i had no control over their behaviour. I've come to the one safe place I have which is you ladies here who I know will read my words and offer much needed support and wise words.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Reminds me of the time I went on a date and he turned up with a black eye and wearing tracksuit bottom šŸ˜‚ I mentioned him in an old thread. His burner phone was ringing all night and told me the rules of drug dealer šŸ˜‚ Never saw him again!

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.