Dating after lockdown #18 Show me your c*ck and I will block

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was talking about this the other day, and I dont know of any woman who hasn't received an unwanted dick pic! This law has been needed for years, I still don't get what men think they will achieve by sending them....
But my fella did ask if I wanted an 'illegal' pic before sent me a naked pic the other day 😂😂

Also, how is everyone?hope you're all okay and getting some better dates :) zx

Reactions: 7
Girls I went to a party last night,got absolutely pissed and I've woken up to drunk texts and calls I made 😬
Don’t beat yourself up. It’s a process to go through. Sounds like a fun night though, and hope it helped to let your hair down!

I second 1-2 weeks to meet. Anything longer, and it’s time to consider if there’s some disingenuous motives at play. It mostly doesn’t signal good things. Can be shyness, but if they’re too shy to ask you out, are you happy with that? If in doubt, ask him to meet. That will weed out the time wasters. Take control and get your answer. Believe me, the ones who needed confirmation of your interest will be relieved and will get on with it. The time wasters will not do more than talk about meeting.

@Sandor how did it go on Friday? x

Reactions: 5
@Belle123 Thank you for remembering! does it make sense to say it went frustratingly well? Non stop chat, still loads of chemistry. His eyes do this thing where I literally see them light up when I’m talking and he’s looking at me.

So we’ve made plans for next week. But I think he thinks we can just move forward and not talk about anything like this again, but I’m not sure I can be passive like that.

Overall, I guess quiet optimism. Otherwise I’m moving soon (ironically to the next town over from him) and I think I’ll just see what happens when I can get out and meet people again.

How are you doing?

• Heart
@Belle123 Thank you for remembering! does it make sense to say it went frustratingly well? Non stop chat, still loads of chemistry. His eyes do this thing where I literally see them light up when I’m talking and he’s looking at me.

So we’ve made plans for next week. But I think he thinks we can just move forward and not talk about anything like this again, but I’m not sure I can be passive like that.

Overall, I guess quiet optimism. Otherwise I’m moving soon (ironically to the next town over from him) and I think I’ll just see what happens when I can get out and meet people again.

How are you doing?
Sounds positive! I know what you mean - I had an ex who I just had that eye contact with. I went weak at the knees when he locked on to me 😂 I think you’re very level headed about it and handling it well. I’m a bit like that and want to talk it through and be open about it all. I think you’ll find your moment and a way to communicate to him. I’m rooting for you, and what will be will be. He clearly likes you and is struggling through stuff. He’s lucky to have you. Good luck with the move 🍀

I’m doing ok, thank you 🙂 I messaged my ex earlier, because he’d messaged me previously, and I want to show willing. Feel like I couldn’t leave it lingering any longer, as I’ve stayed well away for weeks, other than responding to his messages, since we broke up. His situation is not straightforward, and I do want to properly work out if what he needs is time to work through feelings and so on. It’s not a situation where I would just cut contact for good and be done with him, it’s a bit more nuanced than that, like yours. Feel in a good place after some space and time apart, and can handle whatever comes next, even if it’s nothing. We’ve chatted on and off all day. Not reading anything into it and no expectations. Whether it will lead to us meeting in time, I don’t know. Another what will be will be situation x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
A bit late to the party, but I think banning unsolicited dick pics is a good idea. The number of ugly dicks I’ve (unwillingly) seen is insane. It’s always the ones who don’t have much to show, innit?

I think you handled the situation nicely @nobrains, well done! You just need more time, give yourself a couple of months and you will not remember Mr. Birthday Gig’s name x

I’ve come to terms with being happily single and not looking. I just went through my matches and realised there wasn’t anyone right for me, I’m lucky I didn’t waste my time on them. I guess online dating is not the way to go for me but it’s okay, different strokes for different folks and all that. How is everybody else doing?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve come to terms with being happily single and not looking. I just went through my matches and realised there wasn’t anyone right for me, I’m lucky I didn’t waste my time on them. I guess online dating is not the way to go for me but it’s okay, different strokes for different folks and all that. How is everybody else doing?
same. honestly, at this point, robert pattinson (with his emo bruce wayne hair) could call me up and say hey lablonde, let’s go on a date which involves me buying you a ridiculous amount of books and jewellery and a meal at a wonderful restaurant followed by cocktails at a really cool bar and then back to the penthouse suite at some ridiculous hotel and i would say: no sorry, not in the mood.

even the energy of swiping is too much for me right now 🤣 which is why i haven’t been here much, i hope you’re all well though!

(@whathastheworldcometo - sending you 💙)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
A bit late to the party, but I think banning unsolicited dick pics is a good idea. The number of ugly dicks I’ve (unwillingly) seen is insane. It’s always the ones who don’t have much to show, innit?

I think you handled the situation nicely @nobrains, well done! You just need more time, give yourself a couple of months and you will not remember Mr. Birthday Gig’s name x

New to the the thread I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s perspectives on situations :) and the good advice, the dick pic thing is so a good idea! Also, have any of you guys had guys of the online apps mention sexual things way too soon? I think I read a while back in the thread I’m wondering if this is a common thing. I have deleted the app as it happened twice and I no longer have the energy. The texting after having a drink thing is something I’d do 😂 hope everyone’s had a lovely weekend 😊

Reactions: 3
Also, have any of you guys had guys of the online apps mention sexual things way too soon? I think I read a while back in the thread I’m wondering if this is a common thing. I have deleted the app as it happened twice and I no longer have the energy.
Yes, numerous times. From my point of view, the sad truth is that 80% of Tinder guys are only looking to pull, some just disguise it as looking for ‘no strings attached’/FWB/short-term relationship BS.

Sounds positive! I know what you mean - I had an ex who I just had that eye contact with. I went weak at the knees when he locked on to me 😂
I went on one date with a guy who I wasn't physically attracted to at all in person, but my god, he had this way of looking at me that made me quiver, it was almost as if he hypnotised me 😵

• Wow
Yes, numerous times. From my point of view, the sad truth is that 80% of Tinder guys are only looking to pull, some just disguise it as looking for ‘no strings attached’/FWB/short-term relationship BS.
Yes I agree on the 80%. I was on hinge, heard too many bad things about tinder but obviously it isn’t any better lol. I just think you wouldn’t say that kind of inappropriate thing to someone on the street (or atleast I’d hope not). One guy I was going to go on a date with said straight up I don’t want a relationship. I’m glad he was honest before I wasted my time lol

Reactions: 2
New to the the thread I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s perspectives on situations :) and the good advice, the dick pic thing is so a good idea! Also, have any of you guys had guys of the online apps mention sexual things way too soon? I think I read a while back in the thread I’m wondering if this is a common thing. I have deleted the app as it happened twice and I no longer have the energy. The texting after having a drink thing is something I’d do 😂 hope everyone’s had a lovely weekend 😊
Welcome! Yes, I think we’ve all had an experience (or ten) of men being sexual straight away! It’s just the way it is, sadly. I just move on, and usually block!
I went on one date with a guy who I wasn't physically attracted to at all in person, but my god, he had this way of looking at me that made me quiver, it was almost as if he hypnotised me 😵
My ex looked at me like I was dessert - he’d look me in the eyes, then down to my lips and back to my eyes. He was very average (but handsome to me), and it was a wow moment when I clapped eyes on him for the first time. Sadly, it didn’t last!

Reactions: 8
Welcome! Yes, I think we’ve all had an experience (or ten) of men being sexual straight away! It’s just the way it is, sadly. I just move on, and usually block!

My ex looked at me like I was dessert - he’d look me in the eyes, then down to my lips and back to my eyes. He was very average (but handsome to me), and it was a wow moment when I clapped eyes on him for the first time. Sadly, it didn’t last!
Thank you 🙂 I was wondering like do people actually go along with this tit lol. That’s what I did, no point saying it makes you feel uncomfortable, you risk getting a barrage of abuse then or it would just make it awkward to continue talking anyway. The man went from talking about some puppies his friend had straight to asking me what my favourite position is, I had to laugh lol

Reactions: 4
Thank you 🙂 I was wondering like do people actually go along with this tit lol. That’s what I did, no point saying it makes you feel uncomfortable, you risk getting a barrage of abuse then or it would just make it awkward to continue talking anyway. The man went from talking about some puppies his friend had straight to asking me what my favourite position is, I had to laugh lol
Ah see he went puppies to hoping you’d say doggy style. These ‘men’ are revolting

Reactions: 8
Ah see he went puppies to hoping you’d say doggy style. These ‘men’ are revolting
I never thought of it that way but most likely 😂 their dogs themselves. I’m not a prude by any means and I don’t mind sexting someone I’m seeing, but a complete stranger seems wild to me lol

Urgh, really? Because your favourite position is such an important question to get answered, isn’t it?! 🙄 You’re right. I think you’re absolutely wasting your time to say anything to them. I wonder if it works on some women - I just can’t figure out why it’s so prevalent, so must work sometimes?!

Reactions: 6
@Belle123 That does sound awfully familiar. I also think us women are far more level headed than men give us for. It’s like they walk themselves into the crappy situations instead of just talking about it, even if it’s to say they need space.

I think having a back and forth today was definitely a good thing. Especially if he was engaged and didn’t leave you hanging after you replied!

Mine struggles to believe that all I want is loyalty, kindness and respect. Of course there are tangents that come off those things, eg respect might mean taking the initiative to plan time together. But ultimately when I do have time to spend with him, I want to be able to enjoy it for what it is when it’s at its best.

I might set a time limit on it. I’m in this place where I love him because he’s a great person, but I’m not in love with him yet and I don’t want to set myself up for unnecessary heartache.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.