Dating after lockdown #13 Halloween the ghost(er)s favourite season šŸŽƒ

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@ksr96 When was the date? Has he been in touch since or mentioned a second date? He might be feeling a bit embarrassed about the way he behaved on Saturday and has now gone too far the opposite way because heā€™s trying to repair the damage šŸ˜„

Reactions: 1
Was he drinking on Saturday but not this time..? Confident boost at the weekend maybe. What was different about the two dates? Howā€™s he been since?
He was in touch after I got home and weā€™ve been texting as normal? No mention of a second date, but he definitely didnā€™t drink as much last night, just a couple of glasses of wine.. However on Saturday he had had a lottttt to drink. We went ice skating and then had a drink and it was a good laugh, but he was veryā€¦ different? Just cooler?

@ksr96 When was the date? Has he been in touch since or mentioned a second date? He might be feeling a bit embarrassed about the way he behaved on Saturday and has now gone too far the opposite way because heā€™s trying to repair the damage šŸ˜„
Yeah heā€™s been in touch! But no mention of a second date so I donā€™t really know what he is thinking at all šŸ˜‚ the date was nice, we had fun and stuff to talk about, but he was much more reserved and controlled over his drinking? Heā€™s either not feeling it anymore and being nice by texting me last night and today or is totally embarrassed šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 2
He was in touch after I got home and weā€™ve been texting as normal? No mention of a second date, but he definitely didnā€™t drink as much last night, just a couple of glasses of wine.. However on Saturday he had had a lottttt to drink. We went ice skating and then had a drink and it was a good laugh, but he was veryā€¦ different? Just cooler?

Yeah heā€™s been in touch! But no mention of a second date so I donā€™t really know what he is thinking at all šŸ˜‚ the date was nice, we had fun and stuff to talk about, but he was much more reserved and controlled over his drinking? Heā€™s either not feeling it anymore and being nice by texting me last night and today or is totally embarrassed šŸ˜‚
I wouldnā€™t be worried. Someoneā€™s men set the bar high (especially at the start when they are excited and overly keen) and then when they drop it slightly to a normal level we think ā€˜oh whatā€™s upā€™ when itā€™s usually nothing.

It really sounds like he's just a lot less confident than he appeared when you first met that night. And maybe explains why he was a bit possessive/insecure that night too (unless I'm getting your story mixed up with someone else's).

Please forgive me if I'm wrong (I've just had a scroll back to double check but still can't be sure!) but this was the guy that got really possessive and was pulling you away from other people that night, is that right?

Like the others have said perhaps he was just drunk and silly. Yes okay, it's a classic sign of love bombing, but I also had a hint of this from a guy once and I called him out, and he was genuinely shocked that I wasn't flattered by him "being protective and loving." He wasn't a bad guy either, he never did it again (albeit i only saw him a handful of times) but I really believe he was acting on it because he thought I'd find it endearing or make me feel like he liked me.

I'm starting to wonder if I am always making excuses for guys šŸ˜‚ I am a bitof a sucker for giving someone the benefit of the doubt, it'll probably bite me on the arse again soon.

I wouldnā€™t be worried. Someoneā€™s men set the bar high (especially at the start when they are excited and overly keen) and then when they drop it slightly to a normal level we think ā€˜oh whatā€™s upā€™ when itā€™s usually nothing.
Hopefully this is right! I was a bit concerned but after last night I am thinking that too. Iā€™ll just give it the weekend and if he doesnā€™t suggest anything further Iā€™ll take the hint! ā˜ŗ

It really sounds like he's just a lot less confident than he appeared when you first met that night. And maybe explains why he was a bit possessive/insecure that night too (unless I'm getting your story mixed up with someone else's).
I did think this too, and as I said, Iā€™m surprised at this but I guess deep down we are all very human, and all very insecure at times! Yes that it is my story ā˜ŗ I know it doesnā€™t excuse how he acted, but at least I can begin to understand the rationale for this.

Please forgive me if I'm wrong (I've just had a scroll back to double check but still can't be sure!) but this was the guy that got really possessive and was pulling you away from other people that night, is that right?

Like the others have said perhaps he was just drunk and silly. Yes okay, it's a classic sign of love bombing, but I also had a hint of this from a guy once and I called him out, and he was genuinely shocked that I wasn't flattered by him "being protective and loving." He wasn't a bad guy either, he never did it again (albeit i only saw him a handful of times) but I really believe he was acting on it because he thought I'd find it endearing or make me feel like he liked me.

I'm starting to wonder if I am always making excuses for guys šŸ˜‚ I am a bitof a sucker for giving someone the benefit of the doubt, it'll probably bite me on the arse again soon.
Yep thatā€™s the one hahaha! šŸ™ƒšŸ˜‚šŸ˜­
this is true! At first I was like oh wow, he is very keen but then after last night I was left feeling extremely confused, I feel like I can normally tell if a guy likes me but for me, the signals were mixed. Your story is interesting though, perhaps *iffff* we see each other again, in that friends/club setting, Iā€™ll observe how he is and then just call him out to make him snap out of it šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
Hello lovely ladies; hope you donā€™t mind if I derail the thread with an essay for a sec - just need some other peoples opinions on my situation.

(Some of you may remember I posted in one of the earlier threads months ago about how I was an super late to my second date with this one guy and his phone had died and we couldnā€™t find each other and he got annoyed and left and I was devastated!)

Anyway a month or two after that we rekindled and Iā€™ve been seeing him ever since. We went on our first date when the Eu were on - not sure what month that was though. However I donā€™t live in London and he does, but weā€™ve been hanging out pretty consistently.

He told me on our second date he was moving to the US in the new year and as a result weā€™ve both kind of ruled out being in a relationship (at the time Iā€™d only been single six months - with my ex for three years and wasnā€™t fully over him, so having something that I knew was going to be a bit more low-key was exactly what I wanted).

I ended up going on holiday with this guy pretty early on (weā€™d only been on three dates!!) but he was going abroad and his friends had all pulled out one by one for different reasons and he was going to go alone. Last minute he asked if I wanted to come and I thought duck it why not. We spent a week together and it was loads of fun and pretty romantic.

He was pretty upfront on our first couple of dates that he was seeing other people. I wasnā€™t because Iā€™d had all apps deleted months before I met him, but the fact he was wasnā€™t a massive issue for me because of how I was feeling towards my ex etc. After our holiday I got the impression he stopped seeing other people because of how much time we spent together and things he would say - but I never outright asked.

A couple weekends ago he asked if I wanted to hang out with his friends and I spent the weekend with them. I had a great time but the one thing I felt was highlighted was that he actually liked me a lot more/was more serious about me than I thought based on things his friends would sayā€¦
We couldnā€™t see each other the week after that as he was really busy with work.

When heā€™s apologising over text for being busy, he asks me what Iā€™m up to and I tell him my birthday is coming up and Iā€™ve got some fun things planned for that. Now I hadnā€™t invited him out to celebrate with my friends and I because heā€™d told me prior that he was away that particular weekend watching the rugby. And I had checked with him to make sure. Anyway he reads my text mentioning my birthday and HAS NOT REPLIED SINCE.

Itā€™s been over a week now. Maybe I shouldnā€™t have, but I messaged him again today because he is notoriously bad with his phone and part of me was hoping maybe heā€™d just got distracted and needed a nudge. This time he hasnā€™t even read it.

Iā€™m just shocked for him to ghost out of nowhere. Weā€™d been having such a nice time together and the whole time itā€™s been very chill. He normally is quite good with expressing his feelings so Iā€™m surprised if something was wrong he wouldnā€™t have just told me.

After spending however many months with this guy, going away together, meeting his friends, do I have to really just accept that heā€™d ghost out of nowhere one day?? Has anyone got any theories? I know ghosting is common when someone meets someone else they like better, but he had told me obviously as heā€™s relocating to the US in two months dating new people is a bit odd and a waste of timeā€¦so Iā€™m just at a loss as to what has happened here šŸ˜”

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Seems to me all was fine as long as you were not asking for anything. Now that you've mentioned your Birthday, he does a runner because of the expectations that come with it. Meeting your friends, etc. It's just a feeling though, you haven't posted about how and what you were planning
for dates and stuff.

Reactions: 5
Hello lovely ladies; hope you donā€™t mind if I derail the thread with an essay for a sec - just need some other peoples opinions on my situation.

(Some of you may remember I posted in one of the earlier threads months ago about how I was an super late to my second date with this one guy and his phone had died and we couldnā€™t find each other and he got annoyed and left and I was devastated!)

Anyway a month or two after that we rekindled and Iā€™ve been seeing him ever since. We went on our first date when the Eu were on - not sure what month that was though. However I donā€™t live in London and he does, but weā€™ve been hanging out pretty consistently.

He told me on our second date he was moving to the US in the new year and as a result weā€™ve both kind of ruled out being in a relationship (at the time Iā€™d only been single six months - with my ex for three years and wasnā€™t fully over him, so having something that I knew was going to be a bit more low-key was exactly what I wanted).

I ended up going on holiday with this guy pretty early on (weā€™d only been on three dates!!) but he was going abroad and his friends had all pulled out one by one for different reasons and he was going to go alone. Last minute he asked if I wanted to come and I thought duck it why not. We spent a week together and it was loads of fun and pretty romantic.

He was pretty upfront on our first couple of dates that he was seeing other people. I wasnā€™t because Iā€™d had all apps deleted months before I met him, but the fact he was wasnā€™t a massive issue for me because of how I was feeling towards my ex etc. After our holiday I got the impression he stopped seeing other people because of how much time we spent together and things he would say - but I never outright asked.

A couple weekends ago he asked if I wanted to hang out with his friends and I spent the weekend with them. I had a great time but the one thing I felt was highlighted was that he actually liked me a lot more/was more serious about me than I thought based on things his friends would sayā€¦
We couldnā€™t see each other the week after that as he was really busy with work.

When heā€™s apologising over text for being busy, he asks me what Iā€™m up to and I tell him my birthday is coming up and Iā€™ve got some fun things planned for that. Now I hadnā€™t invited him out to celebrate with my friends and I because heā€™d told me prior that he was away that particular weekend watching the rugby. And I had checked with him to make sure. Anyway he reads my text mentioning my birthday and HAS NOT REPLIED SINCE.

Itā€™s been over a week now. Maybe I shouldnā€™t have, but I messaged him again today because he is notoriously bad with his phone and part of me was hoping maybe heā€™d just got distracted and needed a nudge. This time he hasnā€™t even read it.

Iā€™m just shocked for him to ghost out of nowhere. Weā€™d been having such a nice time together and the whole time itā€™s been very chill. He normally is quite good with expressing his feelings so Iā€™m surprised if something was wrong he wouldnā€™t have just told me.

After spending however many months with this guy, going away together, meeting his friends, do I have to really just accept that heā€™d ghost out of nowhere one day?? Has anyone got any theories? I know ghosting is common when someone meets someone else they like better, but he had told me obviously as heā€™s relocating to the US in two months dating new people is a bit odd and a waste of timeā€¦so Iā€™m just at a loss as to what has happened here šŸ˜”
It was the start of July that you had your aborted date so guessing if it was a couple of months afterwards you met up again it was September. That means a good 10 weeks with a holiday away and meeting friends - relationship-type stuff without the label.

I think you absolutely deserve an explanation for the silence. I canā€™t see you not inviting him to your birthday would have given him the hump as youā€™ve not said he was super sensitive and youā€™d confirmed he already had plans.

His being busy with work doesnā€™t cut it either as we all know sending a text message takes two minutes!

I donā€™t think anything youā€™ve done has freaked him out either so it might be heā€™s decided he doesnā€™t know how to wind things down and/or realised he likes you more than he thought and that complicates things. Or heā€™s just a total tit and has ghosted you.

The problem with texts and WhatsApp messages is that you can read them on the screen without having to commit to opening them, so in theory you can pretend theyā€™ve not been read even though the other person has seen you online.

The same is not true for voicenotes though. If I were you Iā€™d gather your thoughts about all of this, write some notes and leave a voicenote. That allows you to get it off your chest and ask the questions and youā€™ll know if he listens and doesnā€™t respond that itā€™s time to consign him to the bin.

Personally my points would be - your behaviour is out of character, Iā€™d be worried that something is wrong but youā€™ve been online just not replying to me. I think given the time weā€™ve spent together I deserve an explanation or the courtesy if you donā€™t want to see each other anymore. Please let me know whatā€™s going on.

Hope you get your answers, being in limbo is so infuriating!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It was the start of July that you had your aborted date so guessing if it was a couple of months afterwards you met up again it was September. That means a good 10 weeks with a holiday away and meeting friends - relationship-type stuff without the label.

I think you absolutely deserve an explanation for the silence. I canā€™t see you not inviting him to your birthday would have given him the hump as youā€™ve not said he was super sensitive and youā€™d confirmed he already had plans.

His being busy with work doesnā€™t cut it either as we all know sending a text message takes two minutes!

I donā€™t think anything youā€™ve done has freaked him out either so it might be heā€™s decided he doesnā€™t know how to wind things down and/or realised he likes you more than he thought and that complicates things. Or heā€™s just a total tit and has ghosted you.

The problem with texts and WhatsApp messages is that you can read them on the screen without having to commit to opening them, so in theory you can pretend theyā€™ve not been read even though the other person has seen you online.

The same is not true for voicenotes though. If I were you Iā€™d gather your thoughts about all of this, write some notes and leave a voicenote. That allows you to get it off your chest and ask the questions and youā€™ll know if he listens and doesnā€™t respond that itā€™s time to consign him to the bin.

Personally my points would be - your behaviour is out of character, Iā€™d be worried that something is wrong but youā€™ve been online just not replying to me. I think given the time weā€™ve spent together I deserve an explanation or the courtesy if you donā€™t want to see each other anymore. Please let me know whatā€™s going on.

Hope you get your answers, being in limbo is so infuriating!
I agree with all of this. Oh darling, I think heā€™s a total fuckboyā€¦.Iā€™m so sorry for you. Iā€™m aghast that he did this after a whole week on holiday, what a colossal prick. Please take care šŸ’šŸ’•

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I will say this: we donā€™t normally text for texting sake just to talk. Which isnā€™t my style but itā€™s just how he is. Itā€™s normally pretty much just to arrange to see each other. So when he messaged me the last time we spoke, I had a feeling he was gearing up to ask me to hang out that weekend but when I told him I had plans that kind of put an end to that quick. In the immediate aftermath I was pretty sure he was offended that Iā€™d made birthday plans and he was not included - particularly as Iā€™d just met all his friends a week or two prior. Like I said I had my reasons - heā€™d told me in advance he was away that weekend right, but I have a feeling maybe he didnā€™t go away for the rugby after all hence potentially texting me to make plans that weekend instead.

But because he just abandoned the conversation on the spot, I didnā€™t get a chance to clarify any of that with him. (Plus I was a bit hurt Iā€™d mentioned my birthday was coming up and he didnā€™t bother to ask when it was or what I was doing or wish me a happy one or anything). Now Iā€™m just sad that heā€™s clearly ignoring me and I miss him a lot. Itā€™s only fairly recently that Ive been honest with myself about how much I do like him after playing it cool ā€œweā€™re not really togetherā€ blah blah blah for so long. I think Iā€™ve got the message loud and clear so thereā€™s no point texting him again but if I do send one last one in a couple of days itā€™ll just be saying something like I get you just want to ghost in peace but can you really not tell me whatā€™s up all of a sudden?

To make matters worse weā€™re going to the same concert on Friday. I just know the universe will have it Iā€™ll bump into him and his friends awkwardly on the tube on the way there or at the venue. To make it extra awkward the friend I was going with has had to cancel and I havenā€™t managed to find someone else to go with me yet. I donā€™t want to miss it so Iā€™ll end up going alone if I have to. There was talk of me going with him and his mates but thatā€™s obviously not going to happen now. I just donā€™t want to run into them looking like a loser by myself šŸ˜©. But I guess if I do see him Iā€™ll be able to just ask him outright what happened at leastā€¦

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I will say this: we donā€™t normally text for texting sake just to talk. Which isnā€™t my style but itā€™s just how he is. Itā€™s normally pretty much just to arrange to see each other. So when he messaged me the last time we spoke, I had a feeling he was gearing up to ask me to hang out that weekend but when I told him I had plans that kind of put an end to that quick. In the immediate aftermath I was pretty sure he was offended that Iā€™d made birthday plans and he was not included - particularly as Iā€™d just met all his friends a week or two prior. Like I said I had my reasons - heā€™d told me in advance he was away that weekend right, but I have a feeling maybe he didnā€™t go away for the rugby after all hence potentially texting me to make plans that weekend instead.

But because he just abandoned the conversation on the spot, I didnā€™t get a chance to clarify any of that with him. (Plus I was a bit hurt Iā€™d mentioned my birthday was coming up and he didnā€™t bother to ask when it was or what I was doing or wish me a happy one or anything). Now Iā€™m just sad that heā€™s clearly ignoring me and I miss him a lot. Itā€™s only fairly recently that Ive been honest with myself about how much I do like him after playing it cool ā€œweā€™re not really togetherā€ blah blah blah for so long. I think Iā€™ve got the message loud and clear so thereā€™s no point texting him again but if I do send one last one in a couple of days itā€™ll just be saying something like I get you just want to ghost in peace but can you really not tell me whatā€™s up all of a sudden?

To make matters worse weā€™re going to the same concert on Friday. I just know the universe will have it Iā€™ll bump into him and his friends awkwardly on the tube on the way there or at the venue. To make it extra awkward the friend I was going with has had to cancel and I havenā€™t managed to find someone else to go with me yet. I donā€™t want to miss it so Iā€™ll end up going alone if I have to. There was talk of me going with him and his mates but thatā€™s obviously not going to happen now. I just donā€™t want to run into them looking like a loser by myself šŸ˜©. But I guess if I do see him Iā€™ll be able to just ask him outright what happened at leastā€¦
Oh dear, this sounds messy.

I think he shows a pattern of suddenly disengaging when he feels abandoned/unhappy/frustrated (whatever his feelings are).
He was stroppy when you messed up the first date and now he stopped talking to you.

I also think that you like him more than you admit to yourself.
You had the feeling you were easing into a stable relationship by the sounds of it - holiday, meeting friends, building "routines/habits" etc and now this all came to a halt suddenly.
So it might be that the casual nature of your relationship was just a pretence and this is not how it was for you deep inside.

The question is - is it really important why he acts this way?
It could also be just information about the way he relates to you, how he feels about you and how he acts in general.

And it might be a good opportunity now to distance yourself from him given that he has a moving date.

It is funny - I was in a very similar situation. The guy was about to move and was prone to ghosting when he felt stressed.
There is a little update on this and I will post about it separately.

I canā€™t believe the gall of him to leave you on unread after introducing you to his friends. Your chats about a casual relationship and him moving etc shouldnā€™t lead to the expectation of a ghosting. If he liked you, which it sounds like he did/does, then he should be treating you with respect. And leaving you to wonder where you stand and what went wrong is so cruel. If you donā€™t hear from him and donā€™t get closure, then at least make sure to keep telling yourself you did nothing wrong and itā€™s a huge, huge stain on his character that heā€™s ghosted you like this. I mean, what a coward. You deserve so much better.

Reactions: 8
I think he shows a pattern of suddenly disengaging when he feels abandoned/unhappy/frustrated (whatever his feelings are).
Now that you say this, thatā€™s exactly right. There was an incident the weekend before I met his friends when we had plans which I had to cancel short notice. Iā€™d messaged him instead asking if he had any other openings that week. When I said I couldnā€™t come to London at all, he read my reply and dropped the conversation. (Even though my original question was asking him what other nights he was free and he never told me). Tbh that was the first time Iā€™d seen him visibly upset over cancelled plans so if anything Iā€™d just taken it as confirmation that he did actually care. When I next saw him in person Iā€™d asked in passing if Iā€™d annoyed him by cancelling and heā€™d said yes.

There was also another time when he thought I was bailing on the weekend with his friends (when I wasnā€™t at all! My train was just delayed) and heā€™d sent some pretty terse replies and wasnā€™t answering any of the questions I was asking. He pretty quickly apologised for being ā€œcuntyā€ when he realised everything was fine.

All I have to go on was that he was offended over the birthday thing. I know I havenā€™t done anything wrong but Iā€™m super annoyed I mentioned it and wish I could go back and word it differently. If heā€™d just carried on the conversation at the time like a normal person, I couldā€™ve explained everything.

In truth there were things about him that would kind of make me think sometimes ā€œeven if you werenā€™t leaving this is why we could never be togetherā€. Doesnā€™t change the fact I like him a lot and the thought of pretty much never speaking to or seeing him again (which is looking more likely everyday) does make me really sad. More sad than it probably should. Trust me I feel pathetic af quite literally losing sleeping over this but itā€™s just a horrible way to end things after going through so much with him.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh no, this guy sounds exactly like the narc I was with.
He will be back in touch, I guarantee that.
It's just up to you how you handle it.

Reactions: 4
Now that you say this, thatā€™s exactly right. There was an incident the weekend before I met his friends when we had plans which I had to cancel short notice. Iā€™d messaged him instead asking if he had any other openings that week. When I said I couldnā€™t come to London at all, he read my reply and dropped the conversation. (Even though my original question was asking him what other nights he was free and he never told me). Tbh that was the first time Iā€™d seen him visibly upset over cancelled plans so if anything Iā€™d just taken it as confirmation that he did actually care. When I next saw him in person Iā€™d asked in passing if Iā€™d annoyed him by cancelling and heā€™d said yes.

There was also another time when he thought I was bailing on the weekend with his friends (when I wasnā€™t at all! My train was just delayed) and heā€™d sent some pretty terse replies and wasnā€™t answering any of the questions I was asking. He pretty quickly apologised for being ā€œcuntyā€ when he realised everything was fine.

All I have to go on was that he was offended over the birthday thing. I know I havenā€™t done anything wrong but Iā€™m super annoyed I mentioned it and wish I could go back and word it differently. If heā€™d just carried on the conversation at the time like a normal person, I couldā€™ve explained everything.

In truth there were things about him that would kind of make me think sometimes ā€œeven if you werenā€™t leaving this is why we could never be togetherā€. Doesnā€™t change the fact I like him a lot and the thought of pretty much never speaking to or seeing him again (which is looking more likely everyday) does make me really sad. More sad than it probably should. Trust me I feel pathetic af quite literally losing sleeping over this but itā€™s just a horrible way to end things after going through so much with him.
I was just asking about you on this thread recently! When the late date first happened I understood why he was annoyed. But there seems to be a pattern of him getting in a strop when he doesnā€™t get his way. I mean who gets annoyed about a train delay. Iā€™d honestly treat him like the child heā€™s being and not give him attention when he throws a tantrum. Sounds like a lucky escape that heā€™s moving away.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Sorry to hear you're dealing with this.

I have read a few times through and I don't think he's ever verbally told you he wants anything more than something casual, correct me if I'm wrong. I know sometimes when you're in a situation with men who say this, it feels like they've changed their mind and it seems like they're progressing it towards a relationship, but I think a lot of them are quite happy to coast along and see how far they can get, without any commitment or feelings involved, like he stated at the start.
I think a lot of us have probably been there, where we kind of kid ourselves that we don't want anything serious too and we're completely fine with that, even though we know feelings are developing, which I don't like to assume, but based on the contents of your post I feel like you have a bit.

I think sometimes its easy to see how people respond/react to things and automatically justify and create reason behind it based on how you would feel if the tables were turned. If anyone cancelled anything on me short notice, especially at the weekend I would probably be quite annoyed, not necessarily always linked to how much I wanted to see the person, but I will normally have had to plan everything else I am doing around that so it'd mess all my other plans up too, or it might mean I have nothing to do and would be sat in alone bored. Its not your fault if you have to cancel but I mean, he might not be annoyed for the reasons you imagine.

The part where you said he only really contacts you when he wants to see you, and doesn't reply to your messages if he doesn't/can't is really not nice. You don't deserve to have someone act like that with you.

I had a really similar situation with a guy I spoke to most days and spent time with for 5 months earlier this year. He vanished in to thin air mid conversation never to be heard from again. It was the most confusing horrible thing at the time, but give yourself a few weeks to grieve the situation, and you will come out of this feeling so much better!! Try and avoid speaking to men in a dating sense for that time too and really think about what you're looking for, how you expect to be treated and what you offer in return. He's a knob for acting like this and it says more about him than it does about you

ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh no, this guy sounds exactly like the narc I was with.
He will be back in touch, I guarantee that.
It's just up to you how you handle it.
Oh yeah, the silent treatment, the icy coldness when you're not meeting their expectations, their annoyance of life happening (like a train being late) and things not being perfect in the way they imagined things. I'd say, run, don't walk. Whatever great times you had with him were only possible because he hasn't yet dropped his mask.

• Heart
Oh yeah, the silent treatment, the icy coldness when you're not meeting their expectations, their annoyance of life happening (like a train being late) and things not being perfect in the way they imagined things. I'd say, run, don't walk. Whatever great times you had with him were only possible because he hasn't yet dropped his mask.
If I had of handled the Narcs silent treatment differently the very first time, I would be a much different person now.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.