Dating after lockdown #13 Halloween the ghost(er)s favourite season šŸŽƒ

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello lovely ladies; hope you donā€™t mind if I derail the thread with an essay for a sec - just need some other peoples opinions on my situation.

(Some of you may remember I posted in one of the earlier threads months ago about how I was an super late to my second date with this one guy and his phone had died and we couldnā€™t find each other and he got annoyed and left and I was devastated!)

Anyway a month or two after that we rekindled and Iā€™ve been seeing him ever since. We went on our first date when the Eu were on - not sure what month that was though. However I donā€™t live in London and he does, but weā€™ve been hanging out pretty consistently.

He told me on our second date he was moving to the US in the new year and as a result weā€™ve both kind of ruled out being in a relationship (at the time Iā€™d only been single six months - with my ex for three years and wasnā€™t fully over him, so having something that I knew was going to be a bit more low-key was exactly what I wanted).

I ended up going on holiday with this guy pretty early on (weā€™d only been on three dates!!) but he was going abroad and his friends had all pulled out one by one for different reasons and he was going to go alone. Last minute he asked if I wanted to come and I thought duck it why not. We spent a week together and it was loads of fun and pretty romantic.

He was pretty upfront on our first couple of dates that he was seeing other people. I wasnā€™t because Iā€™d had all apps deleted months before I met him, but the fact he was wasnā€™t a massive issue for me because of how I was feeling towards my ex etc. After our holiday I got the impression he stopped seeing other people because of how much time we spent together and things he would say - but I never outright asked.

A couple weekends ago he asked if I wanted to hang out with his friends and I spent the weekend with them. I had a great time but the one thing I felt was highlighted was that he actually liked me a lot more/was more serious about me than I thought based on things his friends would sayā€¦
We couldnā€™t see each other the week after that as he was really busy with work.

When heā€™s apologising over text for being busy, he asks me what Iā€™m up to and I tell him my birthday is coming up and Iā€™ve got some fun things planned for that. Now I hadnā€™t invited him out to celebrate with my friends and I because heā€™d told me prior that he was away that particular weekend watching the rugby. And I had checked with him to make sure. Anyway he reads my text mentioning my birthday and HAS NOT REPLIED SINCE.

Itā€™s been over a week now. Maybe I shouldnā€™t have, but I messaged him again today because he is notoriously bad with his phone and part of me was hoping maybe heā€™d just got distracted and needed a nudge. This time he hasnā€™t even read it.

Iā€™m just shocked for him to ghost out of nowhere. Weā€™d been having such a nice time together and the whole time itā€™s been very chill. He normally is quite good with expressing his feelings so Iā€™m surprised if something was wrong he wouldnā€™t have just told me.

After spending however many months with this guy, going away together, meeting his friends, do I have to really just accept that heā€™d ghost out of nowhere one day?? Has anyone got any theories? I know ghosting is common when someone meets someone else they like better, but he had told me obviously as heā€™s relocating to the US in two months dating new people is a bit odd and a waste of timeā€¦so Iā€™m just at a loss as to what has happened here šŸ˜”
Itā€™s horrible and youā€™ve ended up getting your hopes up but the redeeming thing is he was upfront about not wanting anything serious and seeing other people so chances are he did think it was chilled and thought nothing off going quiet. To men situations like this go over their head.

Reactions: 3
Iā€™m very new to the dating game. So far Iā€™m finding it very stressful šŸ˜‚ Itā€™s so different to when I was last single. I went on a great first date with a guy last weekend, I thought it went really well and we arranged to do something this weekend. Havenā€™t heard from him since Tuesday. Surely thatā€™s a no then? Would a guy really expect me to keep a precious Saturday evening free and then not bother to text me at all? Iā€™ve actually been asked out on a bumble date instead so may just let first guy know Iā€™m not willing to wait to be messed around. The audacity! Im a busy person!šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 9
Anyone have any date plans this weekend? :)
Yes! Iā€™m meeting up with a Spanish guy I met from Bumble. Been talking for about two months, got loads in common, not sure if anything romantic will come of it as we havenā€™t discussed anything like that but I do fancy him after face timing etc. Nervous but not šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Iā€™m very new to the dating game. So far Iā€™m finding it very stressful šŸ˜‚ Itā€™s so different to when I was last single. I went on a great first date with a guy last weekend, I thought it went really well and we arranged to do something this weekend. Havenā€™t heard from him since Tuesday. Surely thatā€™s a no then? Would a guy really expect me to keep a precious Saturday evening free and then not bother to text me at all? Iā€™ve actually been asked out on a bumble date instead so may just let first guy know Iā€™m not willing to wait to be messed around. The audacity! Im a busy person!šŸ˜‚
My advice would be not to bother texting the first guy. He doesnā€™t deserve the courtesy. You clearly want someone who keeps in touch, is engaged and proactive about planning the second date - that is not unreasonable, he is not demonstrating the behaviour you find attractive. Donā€™t waste more time on him, move onto someone who does.

Sadly many of these men see the apps as a conveyor belt of women to pick up and discard as they see fit. Often they will suggest a second date to keep you on a holding bench whilst they work their way through other women, then pop up out of the blue like nothing has happened with a ā€œhey, how are you?ā€

This might be accompanied by a compliment or a ā€œwas just thinking about youā€ or they may flip it to somehow suggest it was your fault the meeting didnā€™t go ahead because they didnā€™t hear from you.

Sometimes youā€™ll get an excuse about them being really busy despite the fact youā€™ve seen them online multiple times on WhatsApp and the fact no one is so busy that they are unable to send a text message. Dead or ill relatives are also used to pull at the heart strings.

Once youā€™re aware of these common patterns of behaviour you can smile wryly when you spot them rather than being puzzled or angry and just ignore them. Men who are interested make an effort.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Men that are interested text you every single day as far as Iā€™m concerned, I wouldnā€™t bother texting him.

• Heart
It was the start of July that you had your aborted date so guessing if it was a couple of months afterwards you met up again it was September. That means a good 10 weeks with a holiday away and meeting friends - relationship-type stuff without the label.

I think you absolutely deserve an explanation for the silence. I canā€™t see you not inviting him to your birthday would have given him the hump as youā€™ve not said he was super sensitive and youā€™d confirmed he already had plans.

His being busy with work doesnā€™t cut it either as we all know sending a text message takes two minutes!

I donā€™t think anything youā€™ve done has freaked him out either so it might be heā€™s decided he doesnā€™t know how to wind things down and/or realised he likes you more than he thought and that complicates things. Or heā€™s just a total tit and has ghosted you.

The problem with texts and WhatsApp messages is that you can read them on the screen without having to commit to opening them, so in theory you can pretend theyā€™ve not been read even though the other person has seen you online.

The same is not true for voicenotes though. If I were you Iā€™d gather your thoughts about all of this, write some notes and leave a voicenote. That allows you to get it off your chest and ask the questions and youā€™ll know if he listens and doesnā€™t respond that itā€™s time to consign him to the bin.

Personally my points would be - your behaviour is out of character, Iā€™d be worried that something is wrong but youā€™ve been online just not replying to me. I think given the time weā€™ve spent together I deserve an explanation or the courtesy if you donā€™t want to see each other anymore. Please let me know whatā€™s going on.

Hope you get your answers, being in limbo is so infuriating!
As usual, @Clickbait is on the money. Interesting point about the voice notes, I didn't know that. Very true about the WhatsApp messages, I know myself that sometimes I don't open a message until I'm ready to reply, so that I don't read it and forget! Sometimes after a busy day working I'll have multiple unread messages even though I've been online.

Did you say it's been over a week?! That's just downright rude and disrespectful. I think my limit would be 3-4 days of no contact before I smelt a rat.

Please keep us updated. I know you didn't have the "official" conversation and perhaps he will always use that as a fall back for being a s**t, but you don't go on holiday for a week with someone and then disappear. Have you tried calling him? Or is that not really something you two ever did? I know it's the done thing to not pursue something too much if you're clearly being blanked like this, but I personally think these days I'm too old and ugly to "play it cool" and seem like I don't care. A voice note is a great idea as you'll gauge whether or not he's intrigued and interested in listening to it. I wouldn't be able to resist listening even if I was trying to distance myself from someone.

Let us know - my gut instinct is that he'll come crawling back with some explanation and I'll be very interested to hear it...

Reactions: 12
It is my gut instinct to give this guy a slap (although I don't condone violence)

It was triggering reading your current situation @doodlebug . I would have said the exact same things as you when I initially started seeing the Narc. Even the type of words and phrases you are using !
The guy said he didn't want anything serious yet his actions were different . He's a complete idiot to now just ghost you once things aren't going his way. And also, I know this sounds childish, but he is purposely avoiding because you mentioned your birthday, in case you might think he'll make some kind of gesture to mark ...like flowers or a gift.

I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but you do not need this type of man in your life.

Also he will contact you again, I'm guessing about three days after your birthday you'll get message 'Hey sorry I haven't been in touch, work has been crazy '

Also , I'm fuming with him and I hate being so blunt, but if he was seeing other people, chances are someone else is getting his attention right now.

Any man that gives a woman they are involved with (casual or committed) the silent treatment needs to be avoided.

Keep messaging him all you want, send long paragraphs but he will only reply when he wants to.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So he did reply this morning. Literally acted like everything was normal. Literally, ALL he said was hey !!!! šŸ˜” wtf. I asked him if everything was good on his end because heā€™d been quiet and a bit off. He just said heā€™d been away (so I guess he went to the rugby after all) and he was busy entertaining his sister as she came down to visit (which I do remember him mentioning). Also said heā€™d been busy with work. šŸ™„ That was all. Didnā€™t ask how I was or anything lol.

Idk guys I might not even reply. (But I also donā€™t want to come across like I now have an issue with him because I donā€™t). I donā€™t want there to be any ag. Admittedly I panicked when I thought heā€™d just peaced out just like that. That was my issue. But I donā€™t think itā€™s my place to now be like ā€¦sooo do you want to hang out?

So this leaves us where? Itā€™s just kind of messy. All of a sudden I cba.

• Sad
So he did reply this morning. Literally acted like everything was normal. Literally, ALL he said was hey !!!! šŸ˜” wtf. I asked him if everything was good on his end because heā€™d been quiet and a bit off. He just said heā€™d been away (so I guess he went to the rugby after all) and he was busy entertaining his sister as she came down to visit (which I do remember him mentioning). Also said heā€™d been busy with work. šŸ™„ That was all. Didnā€™t ask how I was or anything lol.

Idk guys I might not even reply. (But I also donā€™t want to come across like I now have an issue with him because I donā€™t). I donā€™t want there to be any ag. Admittedly I panicked when I thought heā€™d just peaced out just like that. That was my issue. But I donā€™t think itā€™s my place to now be like ā€¦sooo do you want to hang out?

Iā€™d leave it.. I think heā€™s treating you as a low priority and he wonā€™t change that. Asking him to hang out would be like asking for scraps.

Reactions: 5
@doodlebug the holy trinity of excuses - family āœ… busy with work āœ… been away/spent time with friends āœ… If heā€™d have just said his nan was ill youā€™d have got this weekā€™s star prize! šŸŒŸ

This feels like a slow phase out by the sounds of it. If you compare where you were (going away on holiday together) to now (canā€™t find the time to send you a text message) itā€™s going in the wrong direction for a secure and stress free relationship. There could be many reasons for this, Iā€™m not sure you feel you need to know what they are though.

Just recognise heā€™s not behaved very well here and will probably continue to flit in and out of your life if you allow him to and I donā€™t think thatā€™s what you want.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
@doodlebug the holy trinity of excuses - family āœ… busy with work āœ… been away/spent time with friends āœ… If heā€™d have just said his nan was ill youā€™d have got this weekā€™s star prize! šŸŒŸ

This feels like a slow phase out by the sounds of it. If you compare where you were (going away on holiday together) to now (canā€™t find the time to send you a text message) itā€™s going in the wrong direction for a secure and stress free relationship. There could be many reasons for this, Iā€™m not sure you feel you need to know what they are though.

Just recognise heā€™s not behaved very well here and will probably continue to flit in and out of your life if you allow him to and I donā€™t think thatā€™s what you want.
Perfectly said.
@Clickbait where were you 4 years ago šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Iā€™m not for one second bragging here but none of those excuses wash with me. My boyfriend will text while heā€™s away for the weekend, during his spare couple of minutes at work or as he gets home if itā€™s been a manic one and when his grandad was ill it was me he text for comfort.

Every time we read those excuses on this thread itā€™s followed by them vanishing.

Perfectly said.
@Clickbait where were you 4 years ago šŸ¤£
Darling, believe me it took me years and many mistakes to get my tit together! I wish I knew then what I know now, I wouldnā€™t have wasted years of my life on men who did not deserve it. Some of the crap and nonsense I put up with is sickening.

Sadly we often need to make mistakes and get burned to learn from them. And even then we can still slip up.

• Heart
Iā€™m not for one second bragging here but none of those excuses wash with me. My boyfriend will text while heā€™s away for the weekend, during his spare couple of minutes at work or as he gets home if itā€™s been a manic one and when his grandad was ill it was me he text for comfort.

Every time we read those excuses on this thread itā€™s followed by them vanishing.
He is your boyfriend so you would expect this level of contact.

Most of the scenarios discussed on this are not related to partners so the level of contact will always be a grey area

Always so spot on.

The person who was drunk texting me and sending me voice notes whilst away with the lads has asked me on a date on Sunday! Think weā€™re going bowling as I went earlier in the week with work and heā€™s been bragging about beating mešŸ¤£ we live quite far away but heā€™s said heā€™s happy to travel to me which is nice.
He also said thereā€™s a video saved on his Snapchat from that drunk weekend that my name is mentioned in but he wonā€™t send it to mešŸ„“šŸ¤£ gona say if I win at bowling he has to show me hahah heā€™s promised it wasnā€™t anything badšŸ¤£
Itā€™s nice to be looking forward to a first date!

• Heart
The person who was drunk texting me and sending me voice notes whilst away with the lads has asked me on a date on Sunday! Think weā€™re going bowling as I went earlier in the week with work and heā€™s been bragging about beating mešŸ¤£ we live quite far away but heā€™s said heā€™s happy to travel to me which is nice.
He also said thereā€™s a video saved on his Snapchat from that drunk weekend that my name is mentioned in but he wonā€™t send it to mešŸ„“šŸ¤£ gona say if I win at bowling he has to show me hahah heā€™s promised it wasnā€™t anything badšŸ¤£
I'm so excited for you!

• Heart
He also said thereā€™s a video saved on his Snapchat from that drunk weekend that my name is mentioned in but he wonā€™t send it to mešŸ„“šŸ¤£ gona say if I win at bowling he has to show me hah heā€™s promised it wasnā€™t anything badšŸ¤£
Brilliant. This sounds like so much fun. I like the sound of him

• Heart

Ugh. I guess at this point, what could he have ever really said though. The damage is kind of done when he left you hanging for a week! If heā€™d apologised profusely it would have been for all the same reasons, Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s worse actually that he didnā€™t bother with anything other than ā€œheyā€ or if heā€™d tried to dress it up with excuses.

Iā€™m very similar when you say you donā€™t want any ah in that I always want a stress and argument free life. Unfortunately it means that sometimes we donā€™t address things that need to be because we canā€™t be arsed with the arguments/confrontation that comes with it.

You sound like youā€™ve got your head screwed on and youā€™re quite a chilled out person. Honestly, i wouldnā€™t reply to him now. If nothing else itā€™ll save you the heartache and sleepless nights which were all too family with, wondering why he hasnā€™t replied. Take the power from him. Keep us in the loop and enjoy your birthday! Donā€™t let him get in your head xx

• Heart
If Paris Hilton has finally managed find someone decent enough to marry her after all her disastrous track-record, I think we'll all going to be fine :ROFLMAO:

Don't lose hope!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.