Dating after lockdown #13 Halloween the ghost(er)s favourite season 🎃

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Great thread title @Clickbait

Previous thread here:

• Heart
Reactions: 6
No unfortunately I chickened out with window guy. Sad sad sad. I mean he's a bit young tbh, 5 years younger. But that's just me making excuses for being a coward.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
New thread already! I hope I don't hear any dating "horror" stories at the weekend 😂 (rubbish joke I know).

Yep it is my birthday weekend and we're going out for food and a night out ☺ then spending the next day with my friends, minus my date ha ha
Happy birthday for the weekend :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Things have fully fizzled out with the person I went on a date with last weekend. Even though he’s better now his texts are super short and just not showing any interest. That’s even if he was ill.. may have just used that as an excuse not to speak to me if he wasn’t interested after our date rather than telling me directly. Anyway I’ve unfollowed his insta and deleted our message threads.. not actually feeling bothered by it so yay for personal growth and knowing it’s his loss✌🏼

I was asked on a date this weekend but I’m busy so if we are still chatting by next weekend then maybe I’ll suggest we go out then!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Second date went well last night guys!!! Going on another next week, we are both off the next day so I suggested some dinner and drinks in a restaurant over my way so then we always have the option of going back to mine - which will probably happen

Great thread title @Clickbait

Previous thread here:

Thank you @Thank(space)you but credit goes to @NoseyNiamh really, I just nominated.

Just wanted to say that I think there have been quite a few stories recently that show people have made some incredible changes to their mindset and actions in regards not putting up with less than they’re worth and deserve. It makes me really happy to read about it.

I wish I’d had a space like this when I was dating to vent, offer questions and situations up to the group for advice. It probably would have stopped me making some stupid mistakes some of the time at least!

@realhousewivewannabe - what have you decided to do about your date?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Anyone have any date plans this weekend? :)
I have one tomorrow, I'm actually looking forward to it. I decided on an afternoon coffee date. I am trying to stay off alcohol for a while so i thought this was the best option. So far, he seems like a nice guy.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ooh good luck.
I have a friend‘s birthday at the pub tonight, I’m staying in and watching Strictly on Saturday, then I’m going for a roast on Sunday with another mate, so that’s my weekend sorted.

Reactions: 5
For me:

My date is away at work, it’s been ~3 weeks since we matched and a week since the date. We are chatting every day, still talking about how great the first kiss was 😂 he told me he thinks about the kiss often whilst he’s been away! Ergh ok, I am keen for the second date I am putting the nerves away.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hi Gang, thanks for the tag in the new thread @Clickbait

I never messaged back and he hasn’t contacted me since this on Tuesday. I just thought he’d contact. So I assume the date is off
2AAE50AA-E8D6-49D0-8CEA-CB7DBCBC0F85.jpeg

If I’m completely honest I’m not really in a good headspace now. Over the weekend when I was posting I was at a wedding on social media the bald 37 year old I mentioned in a few threads ago contacted me and I got 4 missed calls from him. He was Telling me how much he missed me and how lovely I looked. Saying he still liked me etc and He begged to meet up with me asking if he could book a hotel etc. I answered a call to speak to him because it had been over a month since we last had spoken especially as the last thing I said was he hurt my feelings. He was asking me how many dates I’d been on, if I still wear the hoodie of his he gave me etc

I asked him a few times if he was seeing someone his response every time was that it doesn’t matter, why does it matter. I didn’t feel like I got an answer and each time during the night / early hours of the morning he was pushing for me to FaceTime or send explicit pictures I said no. I said I couldn’t do this it’s not fair on me or if he’s seeing someone etc. He then said it would not be a good idea for us meeting and that he shouldn’t have messaged me.

Anyway long story short I decided to call him yesterday mainly to speak as I had a clear mind. I just felt really taken back by him contacting me after a month +. he never answered the phone nor call back but then blocked me on WhatsApp. I’m feeling hurt because I don’t know what I did wrong but more feel crappy as i got sucked back into this tit.

The poster was right when she said I can’t get past the first date I couldn’t even get a guy to text me again so I could go on one this Saturday 😔

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10

I never messaged back and he hasn’t contacted me since this on Tuesday. I just thought he’d contact. So I assume the date is offView attachment 835322

If I’m completely honest I’m not really in a good headspace now. Over the weekend when I was posting I was at a wedding on social media the bald 37 year old I mentioned in a few threads ago contacted me and I got 4 missed calls from him. He was Telling me how much he missed me and how lovely I looked. Saying he still liked me etc and He begged to meet up with me asking if he could book a hotel etc. I answered a call to speak to him because it had been over a month since we last had spoken especially as the last thing I said was he hurt my feelings. He was asking me how many dates I’d been on, if I still wear the hoodie of his he gave me etc

I asked him a few times if he was seeing someone his response every time was that it doesn’t matter, why does it matter. I didn’t feel like I got an answer and each time during the night / early hours of the morning he was pushing for me to FaceTime or send explicit pictures I said no. I said I couldn’t do this it’s not fair on me or if he’s seeing someone etc. He then said it would not be a good idea for us meeting and that he shouldn’t have messaged me.

Anyway long story short I decided to call him yesterday mainly to speak as I had a clear mind. I just felt really taken back by him contacting me after a month +. he never answered the phone nor call back but then blocked me on WhatsApp. I’m feeling hurt because I don’t know what I did wrong but more feel crappy as i got sucked back into this tit.

The poster was right when she said I can’t get past the first date I couldn’t even get a guy to text me again so I could go on one this Saturday 😔
The 37 year old seems shady. He's being dishonest and feels as though he thinks he can pick you up and drop you whenever. You don't need men like him in your life and it's a blessing in disguise if you did not go on more than one date with him. I think you should block him on everything because if he comes back it could just dig up old emotions again.

The other one just seems flakey.

Dating is so difficult and does take its toll mentally. Sometimes it's nice to take a step back and refresh.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

I never messaged back and he hasn’t contacted me since this on Tuesday. I just thought he’d contact. So I assume the date is offView attachment 835322

I think the 37yr old is playing with your feelings, please stop allowing him to. Cut off all contact and give yourself some time to recover.

Reactions: 14

There's nothing wrong with you, point 1. And don't let yourself think there is nor worry about things you cannot control as that's how you'll drive yourself mad. He has his own issues clearly and was seeking some validation at the expense of another - does that sound like a decent person?

Block him on everything he could have access to you on, and start to consider working on yourself. It sounds like a cliché but it's not - the energy you portray is what you'll receive. If you stay in victim mode then things will happen to affirm those thoughts and why would you want to feel naff? Life isn't supposed to be miserable. It's supposed to be amazing. A miracle. Start believing in amazing things and amazing you. And make yourself believe them every single day.

You'll probably never get an answer and that's OK. Accept that and move on. It wasn't you it was his issue. You can't control or change that so don't give it even a smidge of your precious energy.

I like to write lists of things I'm grateful for, even if it's the sun rising or the rain nourishing the plants etc start to switch the mindset and I promise you'll feel better (I mean look at me.... negative MOFO for YEARS and one day I thought F this life lol)

Come join the Naughty November with a few of us if you haven't already :D

Reactions: 10

The bald guy 🤦‍♀️ I know its hard to draw a line under things but you need to cut contact with him.
He's obviously seeing someone if he wasn't able to give you a straight answer. As harsh as this sounds he was messaging you that night for a cheap thrill and in the cold light of day he wasn't interested. He sounds like a creep.
Dump the hoodie and move on .
As for the guy that hasn't replied to you...please!!! I'm not wasting my time giving you my opinion on him and you should waste no more of your time thinking about him.
As my idol Lizzo says. .why men great 'til they gotta be great?

Actually I might cancel my date tomorrow, I really can't be arsed dealing with all this dating drama

• Heart
Well I’ll be in to chat strictly with anyone who’s in and bored tomorrow night 💕💕

Btw I agree with the others, the bald guy sounds like an absolutely cuntish player. I’ve been there babe many times.

Reactions: 4
Thoughts on there phrase ‘looking for someone who keeps me on my toes’ I think it might be an amber very flag

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.