Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Good addiction though right? I have a list started and Iā€™ll try buy myself one for special occasions ā˜ŗ
Ooohh, I would love to hear what is on your list.

Well, it is a pricey hobby to be honest. I bought Clean Cashmere and Kenzo Elephant on Ebay today (half price, but new) as I am looking for a winter scent.

ATV2021

VIP Member
Itā€™s quite a liberating experience! I can recommend Imperial China if youā€™ve not chosen a place to eat - quite a chilled out vibe in there.
Ah I always go to the same one ā¤ think it's just called the China town restaurant ā¤šŸ¤£

Sorry tattlers, unsure where to post this & you guys were so helpful when I was heartbroken about my ex!
But I never blocked my ex on Instagram and I just noticed that he viewed my story tonight šŸ˜± I went radio silent after he told me he had a girlfriend affer 1 month NC after I dumped him because he didnā€™t want a relationship!!

arghhhh Iā€™m soconfused but happy! I know I shouldnā€™t be but I am!
It sounds like you are not over him yet.

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Is it bad manners/seen as weird to ask to add someone on Instagram before actually meeting IRL? Guy from one of the apps is being quite forthcoming with trying to arrange a date (only matched at the weekend). Seems ā€œtoo good to be trueā€. I am worried itā€™s a catfish or worse someone that will kidnap me šŸ˜… Of course Iā€™d only meet in a public place etc etc

lurkingaround123

Chatty Member
Oh god well here is the response šŸ˜‚ I really canā€™t be bothered today anymore, Iā€™m tired. I was thinking of going on Sunday, I have things to do on Sunday but I might be able to be free by this time of the evening. What would you all do?
D35B58D2-8F1D-43CD-AAE3-7D32E12E0D9F.jpeg

C7B9C9AD-A67A-42F9-9447-9E9501640AC4.jpeg

8F5CF935-9BA1-4DBF-92AD-C32051B8E6CD.jpeg

Sheabutter

VIP Member
I think I've said it before, I have just become so desensitised when it comes to dating, this whole scenario wouldn't have bothered me.
But I understand everyone is not like me.
Yeah, same. Iā€™m always interested in how other people view a situation. I just have experience on this one and know what I prefer. People like this stir up a lot of bad emotions in me.

Sheabutter

VIP Member
True but Iā€™m average looking and he looks like a model šŸ˜… so thatā€™s why Iā€™m suspecting something is off
Iā€™m sure youā€™re more than that! I think seeing an insta is still unreliable. I would try to arrange something on Facetime

newtoyou

VIP Member
Ok gang, Iā€™m homeā€¦omgā€¦Iā€™m not used to this. Iā€˜m almost feeling a bit rejected because heā€™s not my usual bastard type and didnā€™t try to drag me back to his. But I know those are my demons.

He was utterly adorableā€¦insisted on paying for dinner, so sweet and kindā€¦.a bit hyper as in excited. Kept reaching for my hand. Weā€™re going for a dog walk on Sunday and then a roast. Fucking hell i hope Iā€™m not jinxed on the fucking roast.

He texted me before I even got home to check I got home safelyā€¦I honestly canā€™t believe it. We have so much in common. If anything, thanks to my therapy and you gang, (even the brutal posters) , I had my guard up and my boundaries so robust..I like him a lot.

Iā€™m home tomorrow watching Strictly and chilling so chat tomoz. I ā™„ You guys xx
Glad you had a good time! Are you still pursuing something with pension guy?

Shinyhappy

I feel like because you sort of pushed him away, itā€™s your job to say you regret this part: ā€œIā€™ve told him he needs to meet up with her and work out what he wants long term (getting back with her or not) so that I know where I stand.ā€ You donā€™t have to be dramatic about it when you speak to him. Say you miss chatting and would like to see him again soon.

He knew that his ex would be coming back and he still decided to see you. Not only that, but you said he had been avoiding her. Things clearly werenā€™t spectacular there.
Oh no sorry I wasnā€™t clear! Weā€™re still seeing each other regularly! Itā€™s the whole being up in the air thing I donā€™t know whether to put my foot down and say I need to know where I stand or just see where it goes, just hate the thought of investing time and feelings with someone that may end up going back to an ex!
I canā€™t even talk to my friends about this as itā€™s so out of character for me being the ice queen I am when it comes to men!

ATV2021

VIP Member
This is probably the best way to be! Get going šŸ˜
He works nights so won't hear much if ever during the days anyway šŸ¤£ I seriously have no expectation because I have a splendid week planned with stuff on my own that I'm most excited for

Clickbait

VIP Member
What are people's experience with dating outside of online dating? By that I mean the starting point outside of a website.

I know it happens but if you are someone who has no friends how do you get yourself out there as a potential match?

I am not confident enough to go to a pub by myself, etc, so how do you build relationships with people, form connections, when you are quite isolated from the outside world.
Can you explain a little more about why you have no friends and are isolated from the outside world? Is this through choice, difficulty in making friends, circumstance, a combination of reasons?

grumpy_curry

Waaah I have such a weird situation!

I had a date arranged with a guy this evening, weā€™ve been speaking today but the conversation ended like this. (For context weā€™ve realised we both live in the same apartment building, but Iā€™m not wildly taken aback by how itā€™s ran and I also didnā€™t want to steal the tv stand to take to my new house)
How confusing! I know i couldā€™ve messaged and asked what time or where etc, but I am not going to because I think itā€™s common courtesy if you invite someone out, that you do that part. It doesnā€™t matter to me if we donā€™t speak again, I guess Iā€™m just posting to say is this normal behaviour? šŸ˜‚

Iā€™m annoyed because Iā€™ve been out of the house all day at work and then I was dealing with a gas issue at my new house and I still managed to come back home and put a bit of make up on. I also didnā€™t buy any food because we were meant to go for a meal so now Iā€™ve just sat eating beans on toast with my full face of slap on šŸ˜‚

View attachment 854353
That's classic negging right there. Making you feel as if your complaints aren't vaild and you're overreacting.