Dating after lockdown #13 Halloween the ghost(er)s favourite season 🎃

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
True but I’m average looking and he looks like a model so that’s why I’m suspecting something is off
I’m sure you’re more than that! I think seeing an insta is still unreliable. I would try to arrange something on Facetime

I don't think there's anything unusual about this

Ladies, you remember I posted this, here he is…

avoid avoid avoid

Also, random but I still talk to an old colleague on a professional social network every now and then and part of me grew fond of him, but I don’t ever want to approach him as I don’t think he felt it back. Also I’d hate him to think I was flirting with him whilst I was working with him. Don’t go there right?

Reactions: 2
Oasis should be a red flag if nothing else

Reactions: 9
Somethings are just good manners. It’s better to give than receive and all that.

Reactions: 3
Hey @BunnyLebowski I'm really great at the minute, thanks for checking in with me.
How are you? Any fun stories ?
I good thanks. No fun stories so far, but I do have a lunchtime dog walking date tomorrow with a bloke who seems very nice. Tall, attractive, lovely dog. He gave up working in the city to start his own company dealing with ethical waste clearance and avoiding landfill from construction sites. As I’m NHS that is very much up my street. I don’t to bling n all that!

Glad to hear you’re well and I hope I have something more fun to tell you tomorrow night x

Ooh I just spoke to my date for tomorro…he accidentally called me whilst trying to save my number! He sounded lovely and we laughed a lot. Oh-oh I’ve already got a bit of a crush!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I’ve been asked if I’m free tomorrow night after work to meet someone (it suits him as he’s not working) how do I say no without making up some silly, obvious excuse that I don’t like going on dates after work. I’m not the best version of myself by the end of the day after work

Reactions: 5
You can either tell him you're not free & not explain yourself.

Or you can be honest and say you've got a busy day planned for work tomorrow so after work you need some down time

Reactions: 4
I’d just say something like
‘that’s a bit too last minute for me, but if you want to schedule something with a bit more notice let me know
Keeps the door open for him to suggest a more suitable time then, and if he doesn’t it saves your time

I’d just say something like
‘that’s a bit too last minute for me, but if you want to schedule something with a bit more notice let me know
Keeps the door open for him to suggest a more suitable time then, and if he doesn’t it saves your time

Reactions: 6
Don’t do what I just did.
He asked me if I was free Wednesday and I said nahhh my pussy is closed for dick appointments this week. Fucking hormones

Reactions: 7
If you're keen on meeting him just say you're really busy at work at the moment and don't want to commit to something when you know you could be asked at last minute to work later etc.

Then suggest a time / place over the weekend so it doesn't seem like you're just pieing him off.

Reactions: 10
Interested for an update on @BunnyLebowski ‘s lunchtime date. It sounded promising. I’ve kept my fingers crossed he’s not a hobbit with dirty nails and he has a pension fund!

Reactions: 9
Interested for an update on @BunnyLebowski ‘s lunchtime date. It sounded promising. I’ve kept my fingers crossed he’s not a hobbit with dirty nails and he has a pension fund!
I've been checking in to see if there's any updates yet.
It sounds very romantic. Almost like the opening scene from some Hallmark movie

Reactions: 4
Oh my God….gang…..oh my fucking God. I need to thank the old bitch off here who kept telling us off and banging on about how we need to learn to love ourselves bla bla bla.

So I had no high hopes, very jaded etc…. Met this bloke today in a kind of ‘couldn’t give a shit attitude’.…wearing leggings, dog walking boots, rough nail varnish…as in totally me. ( I can pull this look off, as I have great legs and I’m a bit of an aging surfer chick type…but it’s an acquired taste and I have noticed disappointment before on my lack of grooming shall we say).

This fucking god of a man walks up…we have instant chemistry although play it cool with each other. Ok he’s not everyone’s cup of tea. But perfect for me. A bit of rough…but well educated and intelligent. He’s 51 and quit his career in the city to start his own business doing ethical waste clearance. Right up my street.

He’s in his work gear all dirty and massive and manly… and a bit like ‘ this is me…I make no apologies’.…. I’m like ‘ ‘well this is me….’!

We walk and talk, have a cup of tea…our dogs get on…actually his dog loves me and sat under my legs when we were having tea. It was so unsustainable to find someone as unusual / odd as me but so compatible.

Anyway, we are going on another walk on Sunday but this time a proper long walk on the southdowns.

Oh and by the way, to whomever mentioned the pension…he started by tentatively asking if I rented….I was like NO! And I’ve nearly cleared my mortgage…how about you? He said…and I kid you not…. I’ve nearly paid off the mortgage to my house too…I also own the flat underneath me which is my PENSION!!!

BOOM gang!

Reactions: 30
@BunnyLebowski absolutely delighted for you.
I throughly enjoyed reading your post.
He sounds perfect for you.

Will you please do me a favour though, if you stop off for lunch on Sunday, stay away from the bloody Roasts , have a nice carbonara or something

Reactions: 12
Not unsustainable damn autocorrect…I meant unusual

Babe….I love you so much. You have a room in my house in Brighton anytime you like.

Omg omg omg…he just messaged saying ‘feel free to call me before sunday if you fancy a chat’…..waaaaah! Umm yeah mate. I also want to strip you naked and climb you like a tree

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Ok I had a very specific image of you in my head and it defo wasn’t “ageing surfer” with a “lack of grooming” I imagined you like a blonde nigella (maybe it was all the roast talk). But you sound even more fab now. Anyway glad you had a good time and that he has a pension!

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.