Dating after lockdown #13 Halloween the ghost(er)s favourite season šŸŽƒ

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I kind of want to know why he keeps reaching out.

I kind of want to know if he likes me and misses me. Is this very childish?
I am tempted to ask.

Maybe I need to join one of ATV's challenges to get over this.
Even if he misses you, what's the point, he's not around so you can't pursue anything.
Plus if you ask, he probably will say yes as this will make you stick around. I know all the tricks in the book.

• Sad
Reactions: 9

I am tempted to ask.

Well ..

There is one at 1pm and 7pm today UK time (a masterclass with Persia and she is a bit brilliant lol) if you want to join:

Also, as Niamh said above what's the point in knowing that? It will just keep you attached to someone that isn't fulfilling your needs. It's time to cut that chord and release him. If it's meant to be in the future then it will be but yeah time to say bye bye

• Heart
Reactions: 5

I am tempted to ask.

Well I imagine he likes the attention you give him as much as you seem to enjoy the attention he gives you ! Clearly whatever game he is playing you are an active and willing participant too !

If you genuinely want answers to your questions ask him, but I'm puzzled as to what you will do with that information once he answers in the way you are hoping he will ?

Sometimes we have to be accountable in our behaviour and not play the games that some men will drag us into ! Don't get me wrong I love to have my ego stroked as well as the next woman but I really try not to waste my time with men that blatantly have no respect for me and are texting out of boredom or as part of a weird game!

• Heart
After my semi breakdown this weekend, I'm feeling great.
I was talking to a guy on Bumble over the weekend. He's hot! The chat has got flirty and sex was mentioned a few times. Normally I end these kind of chats very quickly but I am enjoying this.
I assume I just have to take it at face value and it is just a bit of fun he is looking for? Given my current frame of mind, this would suit me.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh my bleeping god guysā€¦..last night I went on a date with a man who looked like a normal kind man in his profile. He worked as helping reform young offendersā€¦.all good so I thought.

He was a complete bleeping prick. An INCEL! He actually saidā€¦the problem with society is feminism as it teaches women to be men and men to be women. Dick. He also blamed single mothers for the amount of young offendersā€¦.I was like NO, donā€™t you think some of the blame should go to the dads that fucked off. I then said. Anyway, I am a feminist, leaning towards the radical endā€¦so weā€™re not going to get on. And I upped and left!

Small victory was that I was looking hot and I could tell he fancied me like mad! Hahahaā€¦.LOSER! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Oh my bleeping god guysā€¦..last night I went on a date with a man who looked like a normal kind man in his profile. He worked as helping reform young offendersā€¦.all good so I thought.

He was a complete bleeping prick. An INCEL! He actually saidā€¦the problem with society is feminism as it teaches women to be men and men to be women. Dick. He also blamed single mothers for the amount of young offendersā€¦.I was like NO, donā€™t you think some of the blame should go to the dads that fucked off. I then said. Anyway, I am a feminist, leaning towards the radical endā€¦so weā€™re not going to get on. And I upped and left!

Small victory was that I was looking hot and I could tell he fancied me like mad! Hahahaā€¦.LOSER! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
He definitely would have wanted you to wear a strap on!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I think itā€™s worrying if heā€™s infecting these young menā€™s minds with that nonsense: ā€œDonā€™t worry son, youā€™re not at fault for your crime, itā€™s your mumā€™s fault. Sheā€™s tried to be a father figure and failed because she is not a man. Men are supreme beings, women are less than men.ā€

Bunny was this a total shocker or did he give any clues away first? How quickly did you meet him from first chat to date? Absolutely not blaming you for the fact heā€™s a head, but wondered if you might be able to weed some of these ones out with a bit more chat/tactical conversation?

Reactions: 6
I think itā€™s worrying if heā€™s infecting these young menā€™s minds with that nonsense: ā€œDonā€™t worry son, youā€™re not at fault for your crime, itā€™s your mumā€™s fault. Sheā€™s tried to be a father figure and failed because she is not a man. Men are supreme beings, women are less than men.ā€

Bunny was this a total shocker or did he give any clues away first? How quickly did you meet him from first chat to date? Absolutely not blaming you for the fact heā€™s a head, but wondered if you might be able to weed some of these ones out with a bit more chat/tactical conversation?
It was a total shocker. His profile was quite limited but he was 53 years old and seemed niceā€¦no red flags. The only thing I can say that was potentially dodgey was that we only chatted on bumble for a bit, before he suggested meeting, as he wasnā€™t a great texter. He suggested a nice pop-up bar local to me that also did food. I was looking forward to maybe making a new friendā€¦.how wrong I was.

But yes, hugely worrying that he is poisoning young minds with his anti-woman rhetoric. I would report him but I donā€™t have his surname or even his bleeping phone numberā€¦..actually that is a bleeping red flag right there. I put it down to him being old school and a bit of a technophobe.

It was 10 days from first chat to date but with no chat in between first chat and date bar arranging the location.

Reactions: 2

That's effing appalling. Holy tit. How did the topic come up?

Also you're my hero for that exit šŸ˜‚

• Heart
After my semi breakdown this weekend, I'm feeling great.
I was talking to a guy on Bumble over the weekend. He's hot! The chat has got flirty and sex was mentioned a few times. Normally I end these kind of chats very quickly but I am enjoying this.
I assume I just have to take it at face value and it is just a bit of fun he is looking for? Given my current frame of mind, this would suit me.
Never mind, he deleted his account
Hahahahahakillmehahaha

• Sad
  • Heart
Never mind, he deleted his account
Hahahahahakillmehahaha
These men often appear again and again. Makes me think theyā€™re using it for an ego boost or their partner is away for the weekend and theyā€™re taking advantage. Otherwise I donā€™t understand why if you felt it was time to delete the app youā€™d not want to keep chatting to someone even via email if you werenā€™t sure you wanted to swap phone numbers.

Reactions: 2
These men often appear again and again. Makes me think theyā€™re using it for an ego boost or their partner is away for the weekend and theyā€™re taking advantage. Otherwise I donā€™t understand why if you felt it was time to delete the app youā€™d not want to keep chatting to someone even via email if you werenā€™t sure you wanted to swap phone numbers.
Such silly behaviour, if you don't want to talk to someone just unmatched, no need to be dramatic and delete the profile.

The last message exchange I suggested WhatsApp and he deleted it shortly after that. So I'm guessing he was either catfishing me or he had a partner.
Our messages were not explicit and I didn't exchange any pics, so I'm not that bothered.

I do think I would like a bit of a fling though. Just a temporary distraction were both parties are OK with it.

Reactions: 1
Waaah I have such a weird situation!

I had a date arranged with a guy this evening, weā€™ve been speaking today but the conversation ended like this. (For context weā€™ve realised we both live in the same apartment building, but Iā€™m not wildly taken aback by how itā€™s ran and I also didnā€™t want to steal the tv stand to take to my new house)
How confusing! I know i couldā€™ve messaged and asked what time or where etc, but I am not going to because I think itā€™s common courtesy if you invite someone out, that you do that part. It doesnā€™t matter to me if we donā€™t speak again, I guess Iā€™m just posting to say is this normal behaviour? šŸ˜‚

Iā€™m annoyed because Iā€™ve been out of the house all day at work and then I was dealing with a gas issue at my new house and I still managed to come back home and put a bit of make up on. I also didnā€™t buy any food because we were meant to go for a meal so now Iā€™ve just sat eating beans on toast with my full face of slap on šŸ˜‚

76F59699-0089-4030-91A5-68970479219C.jpeg

I had a date arranged with a guy this evening, weā€™ve been speaking today but the conversation ended like this. (For context weā€™ve realised we both live in the same apartment building, but Iā€™m not wildly taken aback by how itā€™s ran and I also didnā€™t want to steal the tv stand to take to my new house)
How confusing! I know i couldā€™ve messaged and asked what time or where etc, but I am not going to because I think itā€™s common courtesy if you invite someone out, that you do that part. It doesnā€™t matter to me if we donā€™t speak again, I guess Iā€™m just posting to say is this normal behaviour? šŸ˜‚

Iā€™m annoyed because Iā€™ve been out of the house all day at work and then I was dealing with a gas issue at my new house and I still managed to come back home and put a bit of make up on. I also didnā€™t buy any food because we were meant to go for a meal so now Iā€™ve just sat eating beans on toast with my full face of slap on šŸ˜‚

View attachment 854353
There's something odd about that... almost accusatory saying "just picking holes in everything"..... just it's something that would come up whenever there was an argument like its your fault? I may be reading it wrong but...

Reactions: 4

View attachment 854353
As someone who loves logistics and having a concrete plan, whoā€™s dating someone the COMPLETE oppositeā€¦.I feel your pain! Itā€™s so infuriating sat wondering what/when youā€™re going somewhere. Has he been in touch yet?
What Iā€™ve realised is some people genuinely donā€™t think like I do. Sometimes youā€™ve got to spell it out to people. Iā€™d just ask if I were you (and you havenā€™t heard yet) even if you say, just planning logistics for this evening, what time are we meeting?
I donā€™t know how people get by without a plan šŸ˜‚Iā€™m the kind of person who likes to know what when and where as early as possible

let us know if he gets in touch!!

There's something odd about that... almost accusatory saying "just picking holes in everything"..... just it's something that would come up whenever there was an argument like its your fault? I may be reading it wrong but...
Thats kind of what I thought too, but I was like am I reading too much into it šŸ˜‚ he also sent the attached before he said that.

Also i havent just sat slagging the place off, only given my opinion when itā€™s the topic of conversation. When I moved in there was a moth infestation, I canā€™t close the blinds in my living room because some are missing, one of my windows is locked shut because itā€™s dangerous, the toilet leaked under the tiles for months. I think itā€™d be a bit weird if I was like omg dream home šŸ˜ I havenā€™t even gone in to that much detail on what was wrong with it when I moved in I just said I wasnā€™t impressed šŸ˜‚
D8411FEF-BCE3-4643-9107-91146A3E7181.jpeg

As someone who loves logistics and having a concrete plan, whoā€™s dating someone the COMPLETE oppositeā€¦.I feel your pain! Itā€™s so infuriating sat wondering what/when youā€™re going somewhere. Has he been in touch yet?
What Iā€™ve realised is some people genuinely donā€™t think like I do. Sometimes youā€™ve got to spell it out to people. Iā€™d just ask if I were you (and you havenā€™t heard yet) even if you say, just planning logistics for this evening, what time are we meeting?
I donā€™t know how people get by without a plan šŸ˜‚Iā€™m the kind of person who likes to know what when and where as early as possible

let us know if he gets in touch!!
He still hasnā€™t! So so weird. I need to know a plan too it makes me happy and I can finish off the other 1000 things I have to do in the day in time that way. I wonā€™t go even if he says now, Iā€™m going to have a brandy and an early night šŸ˜‚ I feel like one of the ā€˜losersā€™ on dinner date who donā€™t get picked for the real date and have a ready meal delivered to their door šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Thats kind of what I thought too, but I was like am I reading too much into it šŸ˜‚ he also sent the attached before he said that.

Also i havent just sat slagging the place off, only given my opinion when itā€™s the topic of conversation. When I moved in there was a moth infestation, I canā€™t close the blinds in my living room because some are missing, one of my windows is locked shut because itā€™s dangerous, the toilet leaked under the tiles for months. I think itā€™d be a bit weird if I was like omg dream home šŸ˜ I havenā€™t even gone in to that much detail on what was wrong with it when I moved in I just said I wasnā€™t impressed šŸ˜‚View attachment 854409

He still hasnā€™t! So so weird. I need to know a plan too it makes me happy and I can finish off the other 1000 things I have to do in the day in time that way. I wonā€™t go even if he says now, Iā€™m going to have a brandy and an early night šŸ˜‚ I feel like one of the ā€˜losersā€™ on dinner date who donā€™t get picked for the real date and have a ready meal delivered to their door šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I think you're a winner in this situation it just smells off to me. The universe is doing you a favour here so run with it! šŸ¤£

Reactions: 1
Oh god well here is the response šŸ˜‚ I really canā€™t be bothered today anymore, Iā€™m tired. I was thinking of going on Sunday, I have things to do on Sunday but I might be able to be free by this time of the evening. What would you all do?
D35B58D2-8F1D-43CD-AAE3-7D32E12E0D9F.jpeg

C7B9C9AD-A67A-42F9-9447-9E9501640AC4.jpeg

8F5CF935-9BA1-4DBF-92AD-C32051B8E6CD.jpeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.