Dating after lockdown #12 It’s all got a bit dark

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry @Sandor What's ENM?
Ethical non monogamy - I have absolutely no beef with it but it is definitely not for me. I actually like that so many people are being upfront about it/feel like they don’t have to hide it. But I remember recently reading about a couple who are ENM and their relationships spill out to include 17 different people. I just don’t want that level of complexity in my life. Can totally see why it works for people though.

Reactions: 6
I am not saying your friend looks like a child, but it does make me think when they really like much shorter women because it could also appear like love dominance and being with the characteristics of someone who appears quite young, makes me slightly uncomfortable.
Haha I actually didn’t realise she was this short until she told me but it’s on her profile as 4”11 so I guess it does make you wonder. The guy she is dating is about 5”7 she said which for her isn’t really a problem.

Reactions: 3
There are plenty of men who openly say in their profiles they want a ‘slim’ woman, or go so far as to say ‘no fatties’ or something similar, and think nothing of it (I’m a ‘fatty’ so notice it 🤣) Personal taste is always a matter of opinion so I don’t think it’s wrong for us to expect them to tell the truth about their height without it being some offensive thing women do to men. Honesty and being upfront avoids much of the awkwardness about incompatible expectations. I don’t think a lady having a height requirement is some inhuman treatment toward short lads, just like I don’t lose sleep about the weight issue with guys who are on the quest for a slim princess.
Yes but at the same time there are plenty of girls who have "must be 6ft" (same as saying "must be slim") and "don't be short" ( same as no fatties and I'm sure there are some "no midgets" on some not so kind profiles out there) and are quite rude/demanding when it comes to looks, we just don't see those because we don't swipe on female profiles. My disagreeing with the original post was just about the "it's a woman thing" part because I'm next to my guy friend when he swipes sometimes and women can be just as bad.

In general, as someone who constantly hears about dating experiences from both genders i've learned that everything men do that we complain about on this forum women also do (yes we also ghost a lot) so I feel the need to comment whenever I see "men don't have to go through this" 😂 I wasn't trying to discredit the poster opinion though.

Reactions: 3
I don’t doubt it for a moment! Sometimes I wish they’d come on here and contribute more so we’d more fully understand what they’re up against aswell.

Reactions: 5
Hi guys , I'm here 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 and he's lovely! Been amazing soo far, apart from the rain ! We have been upto Edinburgh Castle this morning and got soaked so just back at the hotel now ...he's gentle, funny as hell ...has proper been spoiling me with cuddles, holds my hand as we walk as paths are wet and slippy..I had spiced haggis on a Scottish breakfast this morning and we have a date with a deep fried Mars bars tonight ! Wish me luck for rest of today and tomorrow 😘
I'm delighted for you. Keep having an amazing time and we look forward to hearing more ❤

All, let's just leave a user alone if they've decided not to post. They haven't been banned or anything.

Reactions: 12
Argh!! The dude I'm going on a date with tonight has no bio, didn't list his height so found out he's only 5ft 9-ish (his words not mine, and I'm 5ft 8), doesn't drive...but he does have good chat? So I don't know whether I should go. I HATE going on dates with strangers from the internet...

edited to add on: that he doesn't have any photos of him smiling so i had to ask if he had teeth lol and my friend commented that he looks amish!
Babe, my 5’9 date the other day turned out to be the bleeping hobbit! just sayin’ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I have tried to get over my heightest attitude but I can't!
I would prefer to remain single forever than settle for someone smaller than me .

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have tried to get over my heightest attitude but I can't!
I would prefer to remain single forever than settle for someone smaller than me .
I find it is so much easier to be discerning on apps. In person I've met / dated guys who were my height or a few inches shorter and it hasn't bothered me. But on apps I wouldn't even consider guys under 6ft!

Right ok, so we can’t even ask out of concern for someone now!
Oh I didn’t think she was referring to Betty…thought it was the one who was mean to several of us!

Hi guys , I'm here 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 and he's lovely! Been amazing soo far, apart from the rain ! We have been upto Edinburgh Castle this morning and got soaked so just back at the hotel now ...he's gentle, funny as hell ...has proper been spoiling me with cuddles, holds my hand as we walk as paths are wet and slippy..I had spiced haggis on a Scottish breakfast this morning and we have a date with a deep fried Mars bars tonight ! Wish me luck for rest of today and tomorrow 😘
Thrilled for you darling! 💕💕💕

Reactions: 1
It could be that it went well and she’s just busy living her life with her wee pup or it didn’t and she’s too jaded to pick over it here. Either way hope she’s doing grand and will be back soon!

Reactions: 8
Definitely Betty, the other one has barely been mentioned.
Oh! What’s wrong with looking out for our buddy? When I flounced it really warmed my heart when I read that people were concerned about me and wanted me back. In particular, it was Betty.

• Heart
Oh! What’s wrong with looking out for our buddy? When I flounced it really warmed my heart when I read that people were concerned about me and wanted me back. In particular, it was Betty.
Maybe Betty complained.

I actually miss everyone that contributed to these threads but are no longer active

Reactions: 8
did you get your head looked at? How are you feeling now?
I felt fine all day but now a new lump has appeared beside the old one. I will go tomorrow! I nearly replied to my ex narc today so obviously the fall has affected me 😅😅

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.