Dating after lockdown #12 It’s all got a bit dark

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I felt fine all day but now a new lump has appeared beside the old one. I will go tomorrow! I nearly replied to my ex narc today so obviously the fall has affected me 😅😅
Oh darling, I’ve been having a rubbish day too emotionally and really miss my ex. I remembered the time when he used to cuddle me and read to me in bed. We got through about 3 whole books during our time together. So sweet and I felt so safe. I haven’t read any books since, I just feel too lonely ☹

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I miss @LaurieLaurie she was great on this thread for a long time and I loved hearing her stories about never having to worry about getting a text back or getting chatted up in a supermarket because it was just a different side of dating that I've never experienced 🤯 Appreciate some advice can be hard hitting but we've all annoyed or been annoyed by other posters at some point. As others have said, we should hit the ignore button on a posters profile if we don't want to hear from them or else skip past their comments.

I personally found some recent topics quite tough and dark tbh, rape, suicide, self-hate etc. So had to skip a lot of comments myself and contemplated blocking some posters too. We all have to protect our own mental health but I think it's important to realise that every poster has something to offer to someone on this thread, and if that someone isn't you just skip on and don't engage. Let's not get into fighting and bitching at each other, we don't want this thread to turn to that.

Lastly I miss @ATV2021 the most. Her personal growth has been an inspiration and her advice is priceless. Because of her I looked at my own dating actions over the last couple of years and decided not to go back on the apps this year. I realised I spent every Christmas trying to go on dates and being upset about things not working out instead of properly valuing the time spent with friends and family so this year will be different. I do hope she comes back and contributes again.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
It had been 2 pages since she was last mentioned so people were moving on. Maybe someone reported it.
But anyway I’m mainly a lurker because I don’t date but I enjoy reading the posts here, from the usual posters or not. But I do get invested in some peoples stories 😅

Reactions: 5
I miss @LaurieLaurie she was great on this thread for a long time and I loved hearing her stories about never having to worry about getting a text back or getting chatted up in a supermarket because it was just a different side of dating that I've never experienced 🤯 Appreciate some advice can be hard hitting but we've all annoyed or been annoyed by other posters at some point. As others have said, we should hit the ignore button on a posters profile if we don't want to hear from them or else skip past their comments.

I personally found some recent topics quite tough and dark tbh, rape, suicide, self-hate etc. So had to skip a lot of comments myself and contemplated blocking some posters too. We all have to protect our own mental health but I think it's important to realise that every poster has something to offer to someone on this thread, and if that someone isn't you just skip on and don't engage. Let's not get into fighting and bitching at each other, we don't want this thread to turn to that.

Lastly I miss @ATV2021 the most. Her personal growth has been an inspiration and her advice is priceless. Because of her I looked at my own dating actions over the last couple of years and decided not to go back on the apps this year. I realised I spent every Christmas trying to go on dates and being upset about things not working out instead of properly valuing the time spent with friends and family so this year will be different. I do hope she comes back and contributes again.
I miss @ATV2021 as well mainly for the same reasons it was so nice to just hear from the poster and see how well they were doing compared to whenthey first came on the thread and their dating life

It's not cliche at all. I only rejoined them a week ago because...I guess I wanted to feel like I was doing something towards my dating life, but i feel like I've got other things i want to focus on first i.e. self-esteem or my fashion sense, I don't like half the clothes i wear and feel frumpy in them or im rpeating teh same clothes.

All i know was that i was more excited about giving a blowjob to a friend last week than this date lol

You’re me 🤣🤣 I’d bin off beardy no teeth myself cba wasting an outfit on him! Sounds like you can easily get w hook up so maybe save the apps for slightly more interesting ones! I also like to get their what’s app check their pic on there make sure not one of them n their wife 😩😩

Have fun if you go tho!! Xxx

Reactions: 2
Guys how do yous know if yous are ready to date after a relationship? I’ve been single 10 months now and not looking for anything serious but would like to date/meet new people. I start talking to someone then I get so scared/nervous and no one has even said anything about a date yet 🤣🤣 the thought of it makes my stomach do flips but I don’t know if that’s normal because I’ve never been on a date with a stranger before

Babe, my 5’9 date the other day turned out to be the bleeping hobbit! just sayin’ 😂
I saw my 5ft4 ex (that’s being generous) on the apps and he had his height listed at 5ft8. They can’t be trusted 😂

He was the first guy who was the same height as me I had ever been with, and I don’t think I could do it again.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I love hearing everyone’s stories, and I hope Betty comes back ok. 💝

I had the ‘talk’ with my new overseas lover, he told me that he likes me but has been feeling confused about how we go about our long distance romance situation. He also said if we lived closer he’d want us to be together. I got a bit self sabotagey at this point and was like ‘SHALL WE JUST BE FRIENDS THEN?!!’ (The toxic side of my expects love bombing, though I know this isn’t healthy) and he was like ‘No. Can we just see how things go as I like you’
Is this good? Am I right to feel a little deflated? I swear to god I don’t even trust my intuition anymore

• Heart
Reactions: 8

You summed up my feelings perfectly.
I really miss @ATV2021 , a great inspiration.
And Laurie sometimes called out things the rest of us might not have. I didn't like all her advice but it was very easy to skip past those posts.

I had the ‘talk’ with my new overseas lover, he told me that he likes me but has been feeling confused about how we go about our long distance romance situation. He also said if we lived closer he’d want us to be together. I got a bit self sabotagey at this point and was like ‘SHALL WE JUST BE FRIENDS THEN?!!’ (The toxic side of my expects love bombing, though I know this isn’t healthy) and he was like ‘No. Can we just see how things go as I like you’
Is this good? Am I right to feel a little deflated? I swear to god I don’t even trust my intuition anymore
I think the chat went well with him. He told you his concerns which are valid, the logistics will be a pain. And even when you attempted to sabotage it he refused and wants to continue seeing you. You give him a easy way out which he didn't take.
How do you feel though? What's your plans to ensure the distance won't be a big issue for you both?

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Guys how do yous know if yous are ready to date after a relationship? I’ve been single 10 months now and not looking for anything serious but would like to date/meet new people. I start talking to someone then I get so scared/nervous and no one has even said anything about a date yet 🤣🤣 the thought of it makes my stomach do flips but I don’t know if that’s normal because I’ve never been on a date with a stranger before
You sound more than ready to me babe. Just make sure you stick to your boundaries and prepare to be disappointed at times….and not let it wear you done. You sound in a brilliant, healthy place so all Power to you and I wish you the very best of luck. Any doubts or niggles, check in here. 💕💕💕

You summed up my feelings perfectly.
I really miss @ATV2021 , a great inspiration.
And Laurie sometimes called out things the rest of us might not have. I didn't like all her advice but it was very easy to skip past those posts.

I think the chat went well with him. He told you his concerns which are valid, the logistics will be a pain. And even when you attempted to sabotage it he refused and wants to continue seeing you. You give him a easy way out which he didn't take.
How do you feel though? What's your plans to ensure the distance won't be a big issue for you both?
His flight time isn’t too far (only 2 hrs 😉) so I think he’s going to come and spend time with me here and then we are just planning to take it step by step.
I just feel quite.. Sad. It’s the first time in a long time I’ve connected so deeply with someone my own age, and the first time I’ve been with someone I’d happily cut ties with my ex for (I know I messaged him, but I swiftly rectified this after you guys pointed out I was being an idiot). I hate that distance is preventing this from progressing at a normal pace, we’ve been talking every day now for three months. I just really want him to be my boyfriend lol 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
You sound more than ready to me babe. Just make sure you stick to your boundaries and prepare to be disappointed at times….and not let it wear you done. You sound in a brilliant, healthy place so all Power to you and I wish you the very best of luck. Any doubts or niggles, check in here. 💕💕💕
thank you hun 🥰🥰 I’ll probably be a more active member on this now!

• Heart
His flight time isn’t too far (only 2 hrs 😉) so I think he’s going to come and spend time with me here and then we are just planning to take it step by step.
I just feel quite.. Sad. It’s the first time in a long time I’ve connected so deeply with someone my own age, and the first time I’ve been with someone I’d happily cut ties with my ex for (I know I messaged him, but I swiftly rectified this after you guys pointed out I was being an idiot). I hate that distance is preventing this from progressing at a normal pace, we’ve been talking every day now for three months. I just really want him to be my boyfriend lol 😔
I did long distance for just over a year and we saw each other about every 6 weeks and we were serious about each other during this time. I moved over to him and we were together for a long time, he was and still is the love of my life.
If you are both willing to put in the work, it will be fine. There is no need for you to be worried at this stage, you both seem to be on the same page

• Heart

Long distance is really tough, especially when they're in another country and even more so in a covid world! But i'm a romantic at heart and always think you have to go for it when these situations come up or you find someone you have real feelings for... No it's not the easiest in terms of logistics but it's not impossible and you can make it work. I think it forces your hand early, like there's no messing around wondering if you like each other or not because you can't just drift in and out of their life, if that makes sense.

The LDR I've had was one of the most intense times of my life, in a good way though. Made me realise I wasted a lot of time on people I was never really that bothered for until I met the long distance guy. So see how it goes and arrange to meet up with him again - at some point you'll need to make a call if you want to continue with it but if you've connected with him then you have to grab that and run with it!

• Heart
I have never had a LDR as I need that face to face contact because I prefer it to text

but

I think if you can make this work, your communication and trust will be second to none. Given most of your communication will be talking rather than the physical side of things, I think you can really learn a lot about each other.

If you want to give it a go, focus on all the positive aspects of an LDR that you may not get if you were geographically close

• Heart
I have tried to get over my heightest attitude but I can't!
I would prefer to remain single forever than settle for someone smaller than me .
I hear ya. Sometimes I’ve matched with men under 6’, but i can’t bring myself to chat to them. I shouldn’t be so superficial 🤦🏼‍♀️ It makes me wonder if they’ve even read my bio and realised how tall I am. I need to move to Holland. They’re really tall over there!

My ex has made a few snide digs yesterday and today (we have to talk due to having a child together) and it's just got me feeling so sad. Times like this is when I want a hug and that person to talk to

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I hear ya. Sometimes I’ve matched with men under 6’, but i can’t bring myself to chat to them. I shouldn’t be so superficial 🤦🏼‍♀️ It makes me wonder if they’ve even read my bio and realised how tall I am. I need to move to Holland. They’re really tall over there!
They never look at the girls height and it's so frustrating. I had a few dates comment on 'how tall I was' when we met. Its not like I didn't mention it on my profile 🙄🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 8
My ex has made a few snide digs yesterday and today (we have to talk due to having a child together) and it's just got me feeling so sad. Times like this is when I want a hug and that person to talk to
It’s a bleeping crappy Monday darling, we’re all feeling it 💕💕💕

• Heart

I am the same I push people away then if they don't immediately come back with something amazing then I've gone. It's awful I've tried to think as I've got older how does the other person feel.

He obviously does like u but its hard not to romanticise everything isn't it. U expect the chick flick moving across country declaration not the see how it goes...

Are u happy seeing how it goes u can still date here

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.