Danielle Vanier #2 Boiled egg face, goblin teeth, shameful ads,only cares about the money

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I use subtitles too and don’t have hearing problems. I just find it a lot easier to take in what’s happening if I read the words rather than hearing them. I would always find it easier to read a speech rather than listen to someone making one. I just take in information better this way. I think quite a lot of people use subtitles for similar reasons.

Reactions: 12
Sorry for my misunderstanding on the subs. I don't think they take away from the enjoyment of watching anything though as I watch a lot of foreign dramas so obviously rely on subtitles there. I used my phone to go on itv hub earlier and there was an option to put subs on. There's an S in a circle that you click on at the start of progs that have them, in case anyone isn't aware xxx

Reactions: 3
I use subtitles too and don’t have hearing problems. I just find it a lot easier to take in what’s happening if I read the words rather than hearing them. I would always find it easier to read a speech rather than listen to someone making one. I just take in information better this way. I think quite a lot of people use subtitles for similar reasons.
Lol your UN

Agree, firstly it’s v good practice for people who have hearing problems but I really appreciate it as someone who spends most of their online time next to a sleeping baby. Callie’s where they spell out as she speaks drives me mad, I’ve not got time for it babe !!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Why easier for you? You have to watch and read at the same time. Just curious.
I am very used to subtitles because English is not my language and I watch films/series from everywhere (even when I don't speak the language). By the way, subtitles are not always very well done when It's two different languages! There are even translation errors/nonsense too often :/
English is my first language and I have no hearing or auditory problems, but I pretty much have subtitles on everything I watch. It’s always switched on my tv and I put select Closed Captions on YouTube. I prefer to read than listen I guess 🤣

It’s good practice to include captions for inclusivity reasons so that anyone that does have hearing problems isn’t excluded from consuming the content.

Thanks for your answers. I am astonished😂 I thought British people hated the subtitles as they often don't like to learn other languages.
I am sure I read more than once people complaining about subtitles in the films (but maybe they were Americans lol)

She looks middle age but she just 26 lol
Interesting link!!

Yes I didn't understand her rant about ITV which has no subtitles, Why does she needs subtitles?! She's english and not deaf I think.
I like subtitles because I have a slight learning difficulty and find audio processing difficult, reading subtitles helps me out. Also I reckon I'm a little deaf so I do get where shes coming from!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
English is my first language and I have no hearing or auditory problems, but I pretty much have subtitles on everything I watch. It’s always switched on my tv and I put select Closed Captions on YouTube. I prefer to read than listen I guess 🤣

It’s good practice to include captions for inclusivity reasons so that anyone that does have hearing problems isn’t excluded from consuming the content.
I don't know how you can use the closed captions on Youtube - they are often dreadful! I really feel for people who rely on them 😕

Thanks for your answers. I am astonished😂 I thought British people hated the subtitles as they often don't like to learn other languages.
I am sure I read more than once people complaining about subtitles in the films (but maybe they were Americans lol)
I'd much rather read subtitles on foreign dramas than them being dubbed. I watched Lupin on Netflix with the subtitles because the dubbing is horrendous!

Why easier for you? You have to watch and read at the same time. Just curious.
I am very used to subtitles because English is not my language and I watch films/series from everywhere (even when I don't speak the language). By the way, subtitles are not always very well done when It's two different languages! There are even translation errors/nonsense too often :/
My other halfs first language isn't English and if it's not American we have to use subtitles. I dont know why American is easier for him though!

My other halfs first language isn't English and if it's not American we have to use subtitles. I dont know why American is easier for him though!
Is it because of some of our strong accents? I've watched American stuff where they've subtitled British people!

• Haha
Is it because of some of our strong accents? I've watched American stuff where they've subtitled British people!
I just asked and he said it's because growing up they only really saw American movies so it's easier to understand and also yes the accents....he does a tit peaky blinders impression 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Bless him. To be fair though, so does Aunt Pol with her scouse/brummie/RADA accent!

• Haha
I prefer British accents although some are so hard at first but you get used to hearing them and it becomes easier. The easiest for me to understand is the "classic" English from the period dramas for ex. Posh? It's crystal clear..

Reactions: 1
Mother of Daughters....didn’t she set up a tattle account and slag her fellow influencers off using that while being nice to their face....then got caught out....I think anyway
Yeah she did exactly that whilst also doing it about her own husband 🤣 completely obliterated their 'family influencer' brand

• Haha
Out of interest where you from? Wait till you try to understand Glaswegian....

I prefer British accents although some are so hard at first but you get used to hearing them and it becomes easier. The easiest for me to understand is the "classic" English from the period dramas for ex. Posh? It's crystal clear..

Reactions: 1
Maybe she means ITV hub on the TV (freeview boxes/smart TV) doesn’t have subtitles. Can confirm that’s the case, it’s terrible. Only online or on phones etc. My Mum watches Corrie and we noticed we can’t access subtitles through the TV. Both my parents a little more deaf these days. Subs are always on here!

Reactions: 2
I use subtitles too! It’s just a weird thing where I like what I’m hearing to be confirmed by my eyes too haha

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Her latest stories....the reason she doesn't do makeup on insta is because she never does anything different it always looks the same whatever products she uses. And as a fellow chronic illness sufferer no I dont understand that after doing your makeup it's taken it out of you and you need to lay down. I may feel like something has taken it out of me but I dont have the luxury of dropping everything and jumping back to bed.

Reactions: 4
Her latest stories....the reason she doesn't do makeup on insta is because she never does anything different it always looks the same whatever products she uses. And as a fellow chronic illness sufferer no I dont understand that after doing your makeup it's taken it out of you and you need to lay down. I may feel like something has taken it out of me but I dont have the luxury of dropping everything and jumping back to bed.
I think having her gf around who she knows she can rely on makes her act up more and she loves having someone do stuff for her! I don’t see it lasting because it’s obvious she takes advantage of it and the gf won’t stick around forever no one likes being taken advantage of

Reactions: 2
Out of interest where you from? Wait till you try to understand Glaswegian....
🤣 I like Scottish accents too.
I can tell you if someone can explain me how to use the "conversations" button or how to send a private message here lol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.