Dancing on ice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think with the whole Matt and H thing, they need to dance like two men side by side dancing together. H is saying how amazing it is that they're two men dancing together but they're two men with one taking on the female role IMO. H is put in to the lifts and swung around just like the woman would be. Why not just make it two men ya know, otherwise it just seems kind of hypocritical. Sorry if that doesn't make sense!

Reactions: 6
I think with the whole Matt and H thing, they need to dance like two men side by side dancing together. H is saying how amazing it is that they're two men dancing together but they're two men with one taking on the female role IMO. H is put in to the lifts and swung around just like the woman would be. Why not just make it two men ya know, otherwise it just seems kind of hypocritical. Sorry if that doesn't make sense!
I understand what you mean Ive been saying the same. On strictly when the two male pros danced together they just danced as two men not camping it up and acting like a woman which I think H is doing.

Reactions: 4
Totally get what u mean.... they are 2 guys dancing together so why is one acting like a woman? And to be perfectly honest, H looked ridiculous in that swan outfit last week!!
To me, it’s kinda missing the point. They are two gay men wanting people to see its normal for them to be dancing together. Which would be fine if they were dancing like two men. Matt would be aswell having a female partner if H is just gonna act like a female. I think that’s why they didn’t do well, because people aren’t getting it.
I would like to see them dance as 2 men and then I think they would do better in the competition x

It's already been mentioned that the swan outfit was a copy of what the male swans wear in Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake but maybe they should have pointed that out on the programme as many people don't seem to realise. As a costume it makes much more sense when you know it's origins.

I agree that H and Matt need to dance/skate like two men. I really hope they do tonight.

Reactions: 2
Yeah I agree, but I don’t think Ben should have been in the skate off
Neither do I. I think he had a really unfair disadvantage by being given Morris dancing. Why not a more modern, well known style of dance? His pro partner had to google what Morris dancing is, but then she is expected to choreograph a dance? Just doesn't seem very fair 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Anyone else thought it was a bit odd last night when Phil and Holly were talking to Ben's brother and he said he was here next Sunday too so he'd see him skate again then? And this was before the results were announced! Are the results fixed ie each sleb knows in advance which week they're going out?

Reactions: 1
Anyone else thought it was a bit odd last night when Phil and Holly were talking to Ben's brother and he said he was here next Sunday too so he'd see him skate again then? And this was before the results were announced! Are the results fixed ie each sleb knows in advance which week they're going out?
I didn't see that bit. :oops:

yes although they did look better just dancing as two men if you know what I mean.
The H and Matt saga really bugged me. Ice skating has nothing to do with sexuality. Skating pairs are male/female for the aesthetic. There is nothing ground-breaking about a male pair up if the choreography is done right. H wanted to take the role of the woman which made a mockery of the routines. There are hundreds of gay/straight dancers/figure skaters performing with gay/straight partners. The whole charade was pointless imo. H needs to get a grip. Bet he's 'fewmin' that he's been booted 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
He said hopefully!

The H and Matt saga really bugged me. Ice skating has nothing to do with sexuality. Skating pairs are male/female for the aesthetic. There is nothing ground-breaking about a male pair up if the choreography is done right. H wanted to take the role of the woman which made a mockery of the routines. There are hundreds of gay/straight dancers/figure skaters performing with gay/straight partners. The whole charade was pointless imo. H needs to get a grip. Bet he's 'fewmin' that he's been booted 😂
I think that point was made brilliantly when the two Blues Brothers danced together last night. Two blokes dancing as two blokes. It looked great.

He said hopefully!
Ah, I didn't hear him say "Hopefully".

They're really making Perri work for getting a full house of 10s!
They're saving that for the final.

Reactions: 2
I actually thought the final 2 would be Ben and Perri with Perri winning it. I know Libby is doing amazing but I think Ben was better

Anyone else pissed off with the judges’ obvious bias towards Libby? 😫😫 Ben deserved a place in the final more than her

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.