Dancing on ice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fantastic that Joe won. For a guy his age who hadn’t skated or danced before to take on a professional dancer nearly half his age without family on the judging panel. Vanessa’s face was a picture she thought she has been winning since week 1.
I agree, I think people like to see someone progress from week to week. Obviously Perry was fantastic but he’s been brilliant since day one plus he was always gonna be great being a dancer. It‘s so much better when they improve each week, same with Strictly for me. It was nice that Joe won x

Reactions: 3
They've released the first hint today on the new participants. Who do you think they clues are? Lots of people saying Mrs Hinch or the other cleaning lady...Lynsey?

Oh god I hope Hinch isn’t on it!! I’ll be switching off if she is!! The rumours I’ve seen, well what I can remember are: Baga Chipz from Rupaul U.K., Billie Faiers from Towie, Denise Van Outen, Jason Donovan, 2 guys from love island Dr Alex and Luke T, someone from Corrie, Rebecka Vardy, nope that’s it, can’t remember who else lol

Oh god I hope Hinch isn’t on it!! I’ll be switching off if she is!! The rumours I’ve seen, well what I can remember are: Baga Chipz from Rupaul U.K., Billie Faiers from Towie, Denise Van Outen, Jason Donovan, 2 guys from love island Dr Alex and Luke T, someone from Corrie, Rebecka Vardy, nope that’s it, can’t remember who else lol
There's someone from Corrie pretty much every year isn't there?!

If PS isn't presenting, I'll happily give this a watch. Looks like we have a little bit of a Strictly all star cast - a fair few Strictly alumni taking to the ice based on the rumours.

Given that skating is harder and they are nearly a decade older than when they were on Strictly, I doubt that van Outen or Donovan will replicate their success on here.

Reactions: 1
So no real celebrities then!

Reactions: 2
I have to question why anyone would sign up for this? It's not a classy show at all and is significantly more dangerous than SCD, way more risk of injury. Plus it's fronted by Schofe and since it's return, has been marred by several controversies and they seem to love bringing on people that will cause drama (e.g. Antony Cotton, Gemma Collins & Caprice). And then half of the judges have no qualifications at all to judge skating and collectively, all 4 are dull as dishwater.

I did like the James Jordan series well enough except for the inclusion of GC (who outstayed her welcome by about 3 weeks) but it went majorly downhill last year with Jason leaving (replaced by Barrowman, what does he know about skating?), Caprice-gate, the ever annoying presence of Schofe and a whole host of other things (including H & Matt, I'm in support of same-sex pairings but those two were vile together).

I'm going to guess that most of this year's cast are desperate for cash due to COVID.

Joe-Warren Plant from Emmerdale, Faye Brookes from Corrie, Jason Donovan and Denise van Outen all confirmed.

PS & HW are hosting again and that dull as dishwater panel are also back so I'm not interested but it does look like they have a decent cast.

When will ITV learn?? :rolleyes:

I can’t stand that Rebecca Vardy, she was horrible on I’m a celebrity so I’ll be fast forwarding it when she’s on, just can’t take to her 🤷🏻‍♀️

I can’t stand vardy or Klass! Vanessa will get the best boy as she is always teamed up with the best, it’s such a fix and she is so up her own arse. I am also fuming that they sacked Alex as I thought she was by far the most charismatic pro skater.

I can’t stand vardy or Klass! Vanessa will get the best boy as she is always teamed up with the best, it’s such a fix and she is so up her own arse. I am also fuming that they sacked Alex as I thought she was by far the most charismatic pro skater.
If Vanessa gets another good partner this year, I'll start to think that she has something on a producer. 3 guys in a row in their 20's who were obviously in good shape and all had done a bit of dance before (one danced for a living!).

She isn't a bad pro by any means (some of the others hired in 2018 were godawful!) but hardly a standout that's worth the amount of promotion she's had and she has shown a less likeable side to her personality in the past when her routine got criticised. I wonder if she has the patience for someone who can't skate. Put her with Jason Donovan this time and see if she can manage with an older partner.

I think that they ditched Alex as she was becoming too popular and was seen as a threat to the show's promotion of Vanessa as the golden pro. Whilst I'm sure it hurt at the time, I doubt that it will affect Alex too much going forward as this show is circling the drain (possibly why Brianne packed it in). Now that she's free, I'd be up to see Alex on SCD - as you say, she is charismatic and really likeable plus they've never had a skater on SCD, about time IMO.

I think that they ditched Alex as she was becoming too popular and was seen as a threat to the show's promotion of Vanessa as the golden pro. Whilst I'm sure it hurt at the time, I doubt that it will affect Alex too much going forward as this show is circling the drain (possibly why Brianne packed it in). Now that she's free, I'd be up to see Alex on SCD - as you say, she is charismatic and really likeable plus they've never had a skater on SCD, about time IMO.
I didn't realise Brianne had left, I thought she was just missing this series as she's pregnant. That's a shame that she's left as both her and Alex were great pro skaters.

I didn't realise Brianne had left, I thought she was just missing this series as she's pregnant. That's a shame that she's left as both her and Alex were great pro skaters.
Forgot that she's pregnant - that actually would be the reason. I think she'd have left either way though, her best days on the show were behind her (her last two partners were awful skaters) and the whole show was becoming a bit of a joke.

Hoping Matt Evers is out as well - don't like him. He & H from Steps were insufferable together and I didn't like how he jumped down the throat of anyone who dared to criticise The GC.

Last edited:
Forgot that she's pregnant - that actually would be the reason. I think she'd have left either way though, her best days on the show were behind her (her last two partners were awful skaters) and the whole show was becoming a bit of a joke.

Hoping Matt Evers is out as well - don't like him. He & H from Steps were insufferable together and I didn't like how he jumped down the throat of anyone who dared to criticise The GC.
I did feel sorry for her being out so quickly in the last couple of series. I'm not keen on Matt either, he's a bit of a diva

Billie Faiers, Myleene and Rebekah Vardy are awful choices but if Hinch appears, I will defintely not watch it

Billie Faiers, Myleene and Rebekah Vardy are awful choices but if Hinch appears, I will defintely not watch it
I believe that the full cast has been announced now so we'll probably be spared from Hinch being on the show.

• Heart
Who do we think Vanessa will be partnered with? There doesn't seem to be any young men.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.