Dan Wootton #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Latest article on Wootton / GB News from Byline Times. In what will be a surprise to no-one, it looks like his departure is permanent, and the decent journalists at the channel are mightily pissed off at the fall out of all of this.

Surely this must signal the end for GB News AND DW? I mean... GBN was the cesspool where psychopaths went to claim that they had been cancelled by the woke press. Where can you go after being cancelled by GBN? That train has to run out of track eventually.

And I've never watched GBN apart from DW's coverage of Prince Harry's trial, but isn't Dan their biggest draw? How many former editors of The Sun are going to wash up on their shores?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Surely this must signal the end for GB News AND DW? I mean... GBN was the cesspool where psychopaths went to claim that they had been cancelled by the woke press. Where can you go after being cancelled by GBN? That train has to run out of track eventually.

And I've never watched GBN apart from DW's coverage of Prince Harry's trial, but isn't Dan their biggest draw? How many former editors of The Sun are going to wash up on their shores?
If it signals the end for GB News why would former editors of The Sun wash up on their shores? It wouldn't exist. I don't follow.

Reactions: 1
If it signals the end for GB News why would former editors of The Sun wash up on their shores? It wouldn't exist. I don't follow.
I mean, how many people are they going to get who are as big a draw as Dan Wootton? I think his show had their highest viewership (happy to be corrected if I'm wrong). Without him, the channel has probably lost a lot of its audience. That's what I mean - it would end BECAUSE they weren't attracting journalists who would bring in as many viewers.

Not sure how many media roles are available in Scotland for him.

Would have thought he'd do the standard journalist route and do PR or crisis management (after his crisis is solved) for big celebs. Bit like Andy Coulson (also a former showbiz journo) who went to jail for phone hacking.

Reactions: 5
I think he'll try to do some online show like Lady C and Megyn Kelly.

Yel

So is Dan back on GB news next week or are they announcing a replacement?