Dan Wootton #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Latest article on Wootton / GB News from Byline Times. In what will be a surprise to no-one, it looks like his departure is permanent, and the decent journalists at the channel are mightily pissed off at the fall out of all of this.

What "decent journalists"?

Reactions: 5
What "decent journalists"?
Eamonn Holmes, Isabel Webster, Stephen Dixon, Ellie Costello, Anne Diamond, for starters. I'm sure there are more too. But I can see you think no-one who works there has decent credentials so we'll have to agree to disagree. The more controversial and dodgy figures there have garnered the headlines so tbh I can understand why people think everyone is of the same ilk there.

Reactions: 9
Eamonn Holmes, Isabel Webster, Stephen Dixon, Ellie Costello, Anne Diamond, for starters. I'm sure there are more too. But I can see you think no-one who works there has decent credentials so we'll have to agree to disagree
They are broadcasters rather than journalists, although I admit I haven't looked at their qualificiations. Truth is, there aren't many people with a true jounrnalistic background working in British broadcast media today. Off the top of my head Nick Ferrari at LBC is one, but as he edited The Express some posters here would probably label him 'right wing scum'. Also, another one is, and don't laugh when I say this ... Richard Madeley! Aaah-Haa!

I wouldn't begrudge the people listed above for working on GB News, it's probably the only job they can get and do ... I don't think anyone would describe Eamon as 'woke', but I don't really think he's 'right wing scum' either. I think Stephen is quite a devout Christian, but I could be wrong. Ellie I suspect just wants to carve out a media career for herself and Anne, well ... it's just easy money really isn't it. Anyway, I'm rambling. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3
They are broadcasters rather than journalists, although I admit I haven't looked at their qualificiations. Truth is, there aren't many people with a true jounrnalistic background working in British broadcast media today. Off the top of my head Nick Ferrari at LBC is one, but as he edited The Express some posters here would probably label him 'right wing scum'. Also, another one is, and don't laugh when I say this ... Richard Madeley! Aaah-Haa!

I wouldn't begrudge the people listed above for working on GB News, it's probably the only job they can get and do ... I don't think anyone would describe Eamon as 'woke', but I don't really think he's 'right wing scum' either. I think Stephen is quite a devout Christian, but I could be wrong. Ellie I suspect just wants to carve out a media career for herself and Anne, well ... it's just easy money really isn't it. Anyway, I'm rambling. :rolleyes:
Hate to correct you, my mafia friend, but they are all journalists. Even Eamonn, believe it or not, whose first job in TV was as a farming reporter for Ulster Television! (Yes, you read that correctly) I remember in an interview just as he joined GBN, he called himself 'either a very right wing Labour voter or a very caring Conservative' so he's probably slap bang in the middle politically.

I don't think Stephen Dixon is particularly religious... again he's certainly not what I'd call 'right wing scum', far from it, though I think he did vote for Brexit. He is openly gay and married to an Army man, for what that's worth. Ellie was a reporter for BBC News before going to GB... not quite sure why you'd give up a gig at the BBC for that, but whatever.

Eamonn Holmes, Isabel Webster, Stephen Dixon, Ellie Costello, Anne Diamond, for starters. I'm sure there are more too. But I can see you think no-one who works there has decent credentials so we'll have to agree to disagree. The more controversial and dodgy figures there have garnered the headlines so tbh I can understand why people think everyone is of the same ilk there.
The daytime lineup is almost like a retirement home for ex-Sky News presenters! (Eamonn, Isabel, Stephen all worked at Sky for many years, as did Mark Longhurst)

Reactions: 5
600k to host a show GB News? Holy duck. If Panorama is about Dan, they'll no doubt be putting the boot into GB News. It really does seem to be ruffling some feathers. Thing is though, as we've seen with Trump, it'll might make it more popular. 🤪

Reactions: 4
Panorama is
600k to host a show GB News? Holy duck. If Panorama is about Dan, they'll no doubt be putting the boot into GB News. It really does seem to be ruffling some feathers. Thing is though, as we've seen with Trump, it'll might make it more popular. 🤪
Its about Abercrombie & Finch

Reactions: 1
GB supposedly pays VERY well. Panorama tonight is about some fashion big wig being a creep.

Reactions: 2
So a police investigation has been launched.

When I tell you I'm bloody living! It might not come to anything, but I've waited years for this odious bleep to get what he deserves.

Let me have a whisky to celebrate.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I always wonder about these 'tv vicars' ... it's almost as if it was the only way they could get on tv. Talk about bleeping desperate. I would suggest Kate Botley and the bleeping dreadful Richard Coles (who seems to turn up everywhere) couldn't give a toss about God or whatever it is they pretend to preach about. Calvin certainly couldn't, that's for damn sure. :rolleyes:
Kate Botley is an absolute arse according to a friend who lives in her parish.

So far up her own backside that she must never see daylight.

I don't know anything about Richard Coles other than what I have seen on the telly, but I think he's a tw@t.

Reactions: 4
Kate Botley is an absolute arse according to a friend who lives in her parish.

So far up her own backside that she must never see daylight.

I don't know anything about Richard Coles other than what I have seen on the telly, but I think he's a tw@t.
His new partner lives in my town. A friend has met Coles, and says that he's a genuinely nice man, although I've also heard the contrary.

Reactions: 3
His new partner lives in my town. A friend has met Coles, and says that he's a genuinely nice man, although I've also heard the contrary.
Fair enough - I haven't met him know anyone who has, but everything about him makes me cringe. Like Robin Ince. I've never met him either but he makes me shudder as well.

Reactions: 1
Fair enough - I haven't met him know anyone who has, but everything about him makes me cringe. Like Robin Ince. I've never met him either but he makes me shudder as well.
Funny, I've never gotten that impression from Richard. Robin Ince, yes - he's extremely performatively woke, but Richard seems nice enough.

Reactions: 2

I bet Harry and Meghan are delighted. I know I am because it means he can't keep churning out recycled articles about them to bore us all. You've gotta be the lowest of the lows for GBeebies to not want you anymore.

Reactions: 7