Dan Wootton #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For the avoidance of doubt, I don’t like Dan Wootton and his deeply grubby brand of “journalism.” But I almost equally dislike the good guy / bad guy stuff that means there is an immediate jumping on any story against someone on the “bad” side no matter its provenance or how it’s reported. The reason I don’t like it is it lets people off the hook.

What Byline Times had was the word of an ex-boyfriend who had been looking through Dan’s computer. There was also a very strange piece where they seemed to imply that Dan had “groomed” the ex (the ex not only being an adult when they met but a couple of years older than Dan). It was of course very popular because everyone (with good reason) hates Dan, but there wasn’t much to it.

Reactions: 6
If you're old like me, you may remember Jonathan Aitken, was in Major's cabinet. Caught out being dodgy, tried to sue everyone. Said "simple sword of truth and trusty shield of fair play" went to prison, found Jesus, is now a Reverend. 💀 I do hope Wootton carries on like Aitken did, I'm getting all nostalgic. 😂

• Haha
He doesn't like it when the boots on the other foot!! He got rich off the back of people he didn't afford that luxury of innocent until proven guilty.
He's a nasty fucker who delighted in ruining reputations and his faux outrage. He got what he deserved imo. Wasn't his catchphrase no smoke without fire whilst lighting the torches?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
He doesn't like it when the boots on the other foot!! He got rich off the back of people he didn't afford that luxury of innocent until proven guilty.
He's a nasty fucker who delighted in ruining reputations and his faux outrage. He got what he deserved imo. Wasn't his catchphrase no smoke without fire whilst lighting the torches?
He's a psychiatric case. As are most people who appear in the British tabloid media. I mean, what the duck do you want me to say? In Victorian England the well-to-do used to visit lunatic asylums for entertainment. Today we just turn on the TV or check social media. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 7
Byline Times, unfortunately, didn't have enough concrete evidence. Can remember we said at the time that their hyped up articles often ended up fairly disappointing on the "meat" front. It was kind of predictable that the police investigation would go nowhere, regardless of his innocence or guilt.
Byline Times went big on it...Very big.

No one will take him on, he's damaged goods.

Stint on YouTube awaits.

No spin, no bias, no income. Let's go!

Ps: his takedown if Pip and ITV was fun to watch.

Reactions: 1
That blog hyped it up so much it was hard to tell if there's any grains of truth with it, of if it was all unsubstantiated stuff made up by people with an axe to grind. People ready to believe what someone biased says, despite there not being any evidence only helps him.

They didn't miss an opportunity to beg for cash while going viral with promises of explosive stuff to come out, that never materialised.

Why did it take the police so long to reach this conclusion and how much of tax payers money was wasted?

Reactions: 4
That blog hyped it up so much it was hard to tell if there's any grains of truth with it, of if it was all unsubstantiated stuff made up by people with an axe to grind. People ready to believe what someone biased says, despite there not being any evidence only helps him.

They didn't miss an opportunity to beg for cash while going viral with promises of explosive stuff to come out, that never materialised.

Why did it take the police so long to reach this conclusion and how much of tax payers money was wasted?
That’s a good point about Byline Times asking for money. Much has been made of Wootton’s own sad little fundraiser.

There is sometimes a good reason that the mainstream press haven’t touched a particular story, as Exaro learned.

The evidence against Wootton here seems mostly hearsay from not very inspiring witnesses so I also wonder how any police investigation took this long.

Reactions: 1
Ofcommunist is a new one, to me. Has he said where he's going? Can't wait for the cheapo show, with a heartbreakingly tiny audience. 😁
It'll probably get a similar audience to TalkTV but will be 8 million quid cheaper. :ROFLMAO:

Yel

What is it with everyone launching a stubstack? Are they really getting people to give them cash? What kind of person would want a video call with him o_O

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 22.12.58.png

• Wow
Reactions: 3
What is it with everyone launching a stubstack? Are they really getting people to give them cash? What kind of person would want a video call with him o_O
Maybe you should have a video call with him and find out. 😬

• Haha
I read that Wootton will now be in direct competition with Laurence Fox on his new show 'Fox and Father' ... The 'father' being Calvin Robinson, who has defected from the Free Church of England to the even more obscure 'Nordic Catholic Church', which will allow him to wear even prettier frocks and still be called 'Father' as he rants and raves utter bollocks.

• Haha
  • Sick
I read that Wootton will now be in direct competition with Laurence Fox on his new show 'Fox and Father' ... The 'father' being Calvin Robinson, who has defected from the Free Church of England to the even more obscure 'Nordic Catholic Church', which will allow him to wear even prettier frocks and still be called 'Father' as he rants and raves utter bollocks.
Nobody but nobody is going to search any of these lunatics out. Wootton promised/threatened on x that he's going to be doing real royal exclusives. How is it only March, I'm exhausted by this year.

Reactions: 3