Dad V Girls

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They earn a lot regardless of the subscribers - its all about views which earn them money. Brands will look at subscribers, engagement (likes, comments etc) when approaching people for collabs so theyve definitely got a lot bigger in terms of brand outreach. They have the million plaque now too. Also, I think the merch timing is tacky too. "Back to school collection" - no one will be buying new school supplies when last years hardly got used! I think its very money grabbing esp in the current climate with millions more job losses occurring in September-December.

Also, did anyone find it funny when Joel said Grace could pick her room first not Kaci but had no reason as to WHY. "Just because" More like he's reading on here, which isnt a bad thing. I'm glad he said that and I'm glad Grace bit back at Kaci when she was arguing about wanting the other room, was hilarious when Grace mimicked her 🤣 It was a nice vlog all in all minus the thousand pound per night treehouse.
I agree completely I was so pleased Grace got to choose- Kaci was acting like a spoilt brat ;)

it was a nice vlog - £1000 per night omg that’s a month wage for some 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
First time commenting here buy Kaci is beyond spoilt. There was this one video where they had this challenge on the trampoline and Kaci had clearly got caught and so should have been out but her dad gave her another chance and then when it came to Grace she wasn't given any second chances to stay in the game. Grace got upset by it but if Grace didn't speak up they would have just turned a blind eye to the blatant favouritism.

Even the recent pin the meatball video Kaci got a chance to pin the meatball because they felt sorry for her and then she ended up winning the game. I understand how difficult it is to say no to your own kids but this isn't helping her, where is the character building and teaching how to take constructive criticism? They've normalised her throwing a strop/ tantrum to get what she wants and she'll end up having her little bubble burst once shes entered into the adult world because believe it or not, not everyone will want to worship the ground she walks on.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I absolutely love this family. Kaci comes across as a real spoilt brat and it really annoys me, but when you see her with Sophie my heart just melts. She is a brilliant big sister to the younger two. Her and her friends include Sophie in everything they do. So one minute I'm thinking just be quiet you spoilt brat, the next I'm thinking, aaw, how lovely are you. Grace comes across as a a sweet caring young lady but as she gets older I think she will stand up for herself more.

Reactions: 10
First time commenting here buy Kaci is beyond spoilt. There was this one video where they had this challenge on the trampoline and Kaci had clearly got caught and so should have been out but her dad gave her another chance and then when it came to Grace she wasn't given any second chances to stay in the game. Grace got upset by it but if Grace didn't speak up they would have just turned a blind eye to the blatant favouritism.

Even the recent pin the meatball video Kaci got a chance to pin the meatball because they felt sorry for her and then she ended up winning the game. I understand how difficult it is to say no to your own kids but this isn't helping her, where is the character building and teaching how to take constructive criticism? They've normalised her throwing a strop/ tantrum to get what she wants and she'll end up having her little bubble burst once shes entered into the adult world because believe it or not, not everyone will want to worship the ground she walks on.
Its not very surprising she is so spoilt she is extremely privileged and has been placed on a pedastool - I hope she doesn’t get too full of herself as she is still very young and is in a very fickle world
It was good to see Joel give Grace the choice of rooms and it didn’t show Kaci in a good light atall but she is still young

I feel their last video was the most enjoyable one they have don’t for a long time other than Kaci drama and Sarah saying she looked fat in the photo (I feel this was very irresponsible of her to say considering the fan base is young girls)

Reactions: 4
It was good to see Joel give Grace the choice of rooms and it didn’t show Kaci in a good light atall but she is still young

I feel their last video was the most enjoyable one they have don’t for a long time other than Kaci drama and Sarah saying she looked fat in the photo (I feel this was very irresponsible of her to say considering the fan base is young girls)

I agree with you on your comment about irresponsibility! Young girls are pressured enough from peers, now adding an adult or someone they idolise it just cements negative views in their brains.

Seriously £1000 a night?

I’m sure they could have found an air bnb mansion sort of thing with outdoor pool and hot tub.

Grace deserved the choice of rooms. Kaci probably just didn’t want to be shown up in front of her friend and the video

[QUOTE="Blue Rose, post: 2108145, member: 86527

My mum’s a hospital pharmacist and actually got better pay due to having to work more during the pandemic and, although I agree nhs workers have always been hard working-especially during the pandemic- other areas of society have suffered even more. In America there are people driving to food banks in expensive cars because they’ve lost their well paid job and are now in a situation they’d never imagine. So much focus has been on nhs charities recently causing food banks to have even less donations than usual during a time when more people are in need. I hope more celebrities and other public figures see the difference Marcus Rashford made and start raising and donating to these charities.

I really think Joel and Sarah should be encouraging her to try to overcome her struggles and find subjects she does enjoy and can do well in, but instead all they seem to do is encourage her to grow on YouTube. Yes the money she’s making will help her out in the future but shouldn’t she be working towards a backup since I can’t see either of their YouTube channels lasting more than a couple more years.
[/QUOTE]

I’m glad to hear that your mum was shown respect for working through the pandemic! The NHS workers deserve more than a little pay rise though, they shouldn’t be forgotten about. I was chatting with some of my neighbours this week, and I now know three people on just my road who are being made redundant from their jobs. One- works for Madame Tussaud’s that has been in the news recently. This is just on a small scale, three families affected. So imagine the greater number of people who are going through this. It’s no time to be flaunting and splashing cash for everyone to see on the internet.

I have all the respect in the world for the NHS, but I think more needs to be done for other charities like food banks and even animals who may be given up over the coming months due to the financial strain.

I wasn’t ever good in maths, we didn’t have money for a tutor, yet I made sure I had other grades that were able to outshine the bad ones. She shouldn’t be putting her eggs in all the Youtube or influencer basket.

I am surprised no one mentioned the door disaster on here! Or did I miss it? They were too busy dealing with Kaci being a drama queen/ and her shouting over everyone else that they lost track on the little ones. I’ve seen other family vloggers get serious hate for less! With a young child with special needs and a toddler it seems like they should have at least checked if they had door locks before spending 1000 a night!

Last edited:
I am surprised no one mentioned the door disaster on here! Or did I miss it? They were too busy dealing with Kaci being a drama queen/ and her shouting over everyone else that they lost track on the little ones. I’ve seen other family vloggers get serious hate for less! With a young child with special needs and a toddler it seems like they should have at least checked if they had door locks before spending 1000 a night!
The doors do have locks, they didn't use them. They're the ones you have to turn manually to lock. It was irresponsible but kids are slippery, they really do just teleport somewhere they're not meant to be when no ones looking 🤣 Tbh, I think Sophie knows right from wrong so she isnt a huge danger to herself or others. Chloe is still in that phase of testing boundaries and pushing them to get what she wants.

Reactions: 2
The doors do have locks, they didn't use them. They're the ones you have to turn manually to lock. It was irresponsible but kids are slippery, they really do just teleport somewhere they're not meant to be when no ones looking 🤣 Tbh, I think Sophie knows right from wrong so she isnt a huge danger to herself or others. Chloe is still in that phase of testing boundaries and pushing them to get what she wants.

I get that kids just get up to all kinds of things when they think no one is looking but even I got lost in Woburn centre parks at the age of 20! Plus they have a pond area hidden in some trees there. It just really worried me

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I get that kids just get up to all kinds of things when they think no one is looking but even I got lost in Woburn centre parks at the age of 20! Plus they have a pond area hidden in some trees there. It just really worried me
LOL - I got lost at Woburn too. Luckily I had live location of my family but I was cycling around for a good 40 minutes panicked 🤣

Joel’s story I understand he’s coming from a good place but it’s so un helpful for all those parents who want their children to get an education 🤯

Joel’s story I understand he’s coming from a good place but it’s so un helpful for all those parents who want their children to get an education 🤯
I dont think it was. No one will hear that and think 'Ok, I'm going to drop out now'. I think he said what every generic celeb or influencer says. Every year without fail Jeremy Clarkson will tweet not to worry about results as he got U's and is a millionaire now. Its the right message but sometimes can come off as egotistical especially when a lot of these people had rich parents or relatives or family businesses.

I dont think education should be seen as the be all and end all, if I'm honest. His advice not to stress is what I'm telling people too because at the end of the day, they haven't taken their exams to stress about them. Its' completely out of their control bc of the pandemic. Lots of people do not perform well in education but go on to be completely successful within their own rights. I know 2 people from my year who were in the sets below me who are now extremely successful but got D's at GCSE's. Its good for kids to know their are other avenues they can explore apart from school based. Apprenticeships at 16, BTEC's, making their own business, etc. Theres so much more yet kids are made to believe if theyve failed their GCSE or A-Levels, they will fail at life because of the parental and school pressure thats instilled in them.

• Heart
I dont think it was. No one will hear that and think 'Ok, I'm going to drop out now'. I think he said what every generic celeb or influencer says. Every year without fail Jeremy Clarkson will tweet not to worry about results as he got U's and is a millionaire now. Its the right message but sometimes can come off as egotistical especially when a lot of these people had rich parents or relatives or family businesses.

I dont think education should be seen as the be all and end all, if I'm honest. His advice not to stress is what I'm telling people too because at the end of the day, they haven't taken their exams to stress about them. Its' completely out of their control bc of the pandemic. Lots of people do not perform well in education but go on to be completely successful within their own rights. I know 2 people from my year who were in the sets below me who are now extremely successful but got D's at GCSE's. Its good for kids to know their are other avenues they can explore apart from school based. Apprenticeships at 16, BTEC's, making their own business, etc. Theres so much more yet kids are made to believe if theyve failed their GCSE or A-Levels, they will fail at life because of the parental and school pressure thats instilled in them.
As a mum of 16,14 and 13 year olds- I completely agree that not all futures require exams results but I also have learnt the hard way that without qualifications life can be bloody hard, it’s important to have the bare minimum at least to fall back on. Dreaming doesn’t get you where you want to be in reality- it’s luck

Never once seen them game ever. Roland has made a gaming channel with his kids who DO game.
I know I was surprised too- Joel showed he bought a PlayStation last week but had said in loads of videos before they are not gamers 🤷🏻‍♀️

Recent video wasn’t great- I felt so uncomfortable they was they were touching everything in the shops and Sarah making silly coronavirus comment after chloe had actually put something in her mouth(she’s a toddler I understand that/ I don’t think now is the right time to do this video)

also felt pointless to buy only one colour of school things- we it had of been a colour they didn’t like would have been complete waste of money!

Felt rushed and hectic and again inconsiderate- guy we have back to school merch swipe up to buy it- so we can go to WHSmiths and buy loads of pointless crap 🤦🏻‍♀️ Constant ads and swipe ups they are no longer a family channel but a brand to dare I say it Show off how well off they are and all the things they can afford during the worst recession the country has even seen 🙄☹

Can these people do anything without an ad?! They could be brushing their teeth and find an ad for it. We saw how much they made in merch sales before so just that is some people’s yearly income. YouTube must pay them too. Ads every so often are fine but they’ve started turning all platforms to advertisements plaq

Reactions: 5
What even was the new video

Basically, they put their phones in a safe, apparently had no real way of opening it. It was supposed to be 24 hours without technology, instead they played 2 rounds of hide and seek, advertised the Lego dots again. Then spent the rest of the video repeatedly dropping the safe on the bed and juggling the latch to get their phones back.

Do they even do challenges anymore? Or just film pieces and then end it. If it truly was a highly requested video I would have thought more effort would have gone into it

New to this thread and new to dadvgirls! But I came across them the other day and wondered a few things sophie has special needs as they've mentioned and I think she's such a sweet girl but on one video they said that they got a diagnosis and went back for further testing and they couldn't find it and didn't want the doctor to do more tests after they were told some things and arent finding out more which has left me a bit confused?

Sarah said we now don't know anything and Joel said we know what we believe and that she's has a long life expectancy.

New to this thread and new to dadvgirls! But I came across them the other day and wondered a few things sophie has special needs as they've mentioned and I think she's such a sweet girl but on one video they said that they got a diagnosis and went back for further testing and they couldn't find it and didn't want the doctor to do more tests after they were told some things and arent finding out more which has left me a bit confused?

Sarah said we now don't know anything and Joel said we know what we believe and that she's has a long life expectancy.
Its quite an old video so I might not remember much of it but I think she was diagnosed with Global Delay Disorder (GDD) but again, I really cant remember. They said that they know all they need to know now and didnt want anymore invasive testing meaning doctors confirmed Sophie will live a good life provided she is supported in certain things but her life expectancy is shorter than a normal persons would be by about 10-15 years I think. I remember the older girls being visibly shaken by that and thought they shouldn't have found out on camera as it didnt seem like they knew or comprehended it Sophie could pass before them.

Can you link the video? I cant seem to find it now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.