Dad V Girls

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why we are leaving YouTube. They are hardly leaving just taking a few week break, bit clickbaity if you ask me

Reactions: 5
They aretaking time of youtube for a break for a few weeks it frustrates me that they all state they need breaks when they work from home doing a few videos aweek if only we all could have a successful job that didn't take as much effort

Reactions: 9
They aretaking time of youtube for a break for a few weeks it frustrates me that they all state they need breaks when they work from home doing a few videos aweek if only we all could have a successful job that didn't take as much effort
they have really annoyed me with this woe is me crap- I’m sorry but really? Try working full time hours away from home whilst your husband is furloughed And then looses his job

try working in healthcare, retail - etc where people have been front line and still have families to support- children to take care of and limited money coming in

they clearly aren’t taking a break from ADS as that’s what Sarah has posted tonight- I’ve been going off them for a while but this has done it for me- all they have done is reach million subs -and make out they are hard done by- absolutely pathetic

Reactions: 10
they have really annoyed me with this woe is me crap- I’m sorry but really? Try working full time hours away from home whilst your husband is furloughed And then looses his job

try working in healthcare, retail - etc where people have been front line and still have families to support- children to take care of and limited money coming in

they clearly aren’t taking a break from ADS as that’s what Sarah has posted tonight- I’ve been going off them for a while but this has done it for me- all they have done is reach million subs -and make out they are hard done by- absolutely pathetic
I cant imagine how hard that must have been and still is ive been complaining about both myself and my partner working all hours on a school and on the railway so hardly been seeing our children but atleast westill have secure jobs. Here's hoping you can sort something soon xx

Reactions: 2
Being in the financial position to take a break is a privilege in this day and age. We didnt need a video. A tweet or insta caption would've been fine but then they couldn't monetise that could they?! All those ads clearly paid off.

Reactions: 9
Being in the financial position to take a break is a privilege in this day and age. We didnt need a video. A tweet or insta caption would've been fine but then they couldn't monetise that could they?! All those ads clearly paid off.
I just found it insulting to all of us that work ridiculous hours away from our kids just trying to scrape by-no way on earth do I know anyone in the real world that can afford to “take a break” from work- it didn’t need a video - it also would have been bearable if they just took a break ...but it’s the sob story and reasons they gave I mean come on- most people can’t even afford to buy a house and they are trying to gain sympathy that their dream house purchase is taking a while🤯
However seeing as their fan base is predominantly teenagers it will make no difference to their following...

I just found it insulting to all of us that work ridiculous hours away from our kids just trying to scrape by-no way on earth do I know anyone in the real world that can afford to “take a break” from work- it didn’t need a video - it also would have been bearable if they just took a break ...but it’s the sob story and reasons they gave I mean come on- most people can’t even afford to buy a house and they are trying to gain sympathy that their dream house purchase is taking a while🤯
However seeing as their fan base is predominantly teenagers it will make no difference to their following...
I felt the exact same way. As a family we’ve been in a privileged position with my parents being a dentist and a pharmacist, so their jobs were safe luckily. But my mum still has to go out everyday to work at the biggest hospital in Birmingham, and was working double her normal hours at the height of the pandemic. Tbh, I have a feeling some of their viewers might be a little miffed if their parents or someone close is struggling due to job losses causes by the pandemic, only to hear their favourite youtubers are taking a break and that we should feel sorry for them. It’s not like their content is super original, all you have to do is look up some other generic youtuber family for some ideas, I know there is more to it than what the viewer sees but now they’ve got more time than ever to get work done with schools finally reopening.

They’re in the same position as every other family right now bar the money, and im Sure they’ll make Sure that theyll make use of the people working to make 20 times less than them. You don’t need lots of time off to get your kids back to school. I know it’s not anywhere near that time yet but as a later thread suggestion: if they can find it, they’ll advertise it.

Reactions: 1
I was just thinking about how now Kaci is in year 11. Doesn’t that mean she would’ve gone back to school in June and July because they wanted all GCSE and a level student back in. My sister just went into year 7 and so went back to school for the end of year 6. I don’t think it was compulsory as not everyone in her class did go back but you’d think this would be something they’d talk about, especially as Kaci seems to be the least interested in school out of their kids. In their morning routine I think she said it was her 1st time back so didn’t get any face to face teaching. I know both Sophie and Joel might be more high risk so they didn’t want to risk anything, but there seems to be no issues with them all going back to school now. I have a feeling Kaci didn’t want to have to get up and go to school whilst her sisters stayed home and her parents didn’t really care enough to argue with her. For someone who seems to struggle with school, I remember their first video where they were showing their homeschooling routine she looked as if she’d been crying trying to do some English work, you’d think her parents would want her to go back to school where the teachers can help her. Even Grace seems to have a very poor attitude in their latest video. Joel and Sarah really don’t seem to instill a very positive attitude towards education in their children.

Isnt chloe 2? Why have they got her in a normal seatbelt in the car?! 5 point harnesses are so much safer for children under 5!

I was just thinking about how now Kaci is in year 11. Doesn’t that mean she would’ve gone back to school in June and July because they wanted all GCSE and a level student back in. My sister just went into year 7 and so went back to school for the end of year 6. I don’t think it was compulsory as not everyone in her class did go back but you’d think this would be something they’d talk about, especially as Kaci seems to be the least interested in school out of their kids. In their morning routine I think she said it was her 1st time back so didn’t get any face to face teaching. I know both Sophie and Joel might be more high risk so they didn’t want to risk anything, but there seems to be no issues with them all going back to school now. I have a feeling Kaci didn’t want to have to get up and go to school whilst her sisters stayed home and her parents didn’t really care enough to argue with her. For someone who seems to struggle with school, I remember their first video where they were showing their homeschooling routine she looked as if she’d been crying trying to do some English work, you’d think her parents would want her to go back to school where the teachers can help her. Even Grace seems to have a very poor attitude in their latest video. Joel and Sarah really don’t seem to instill a very positive attitude towards education in their children.
Kaci has private tutors - theyve mentioned this in a previous video. And I dont see the point in kids returning for those 2 weeks in July - It was silly. Most schools didnt do it (my siblings school didnt and nor did my local secondary schools). They only wanted the kids in for some face to face, so they could see their friends and say bye to their current teachers and meet their new ones for a lot of the younger years. It was also optional and I know I would not have gone at alll. Its very easy to find their school online as well and I think theres been a confirmed case in the first week of reopening. I'm very surprised that they've sent the kids back tbh, especially Sophie but its an equally hard decision for them to just stay locked up as the kids need structure and routine.

They do have a very blasé view on education and its clearly rubbed off on the older two and I know theyve rationalised this by saying theyve done alright but thats literally only because Joel had his father to fall back on to give him a job and Sarah, I dont think has ever worked since having the kids. They're living in Lalala Land.

No matter how high risk they are they don’t seem to care! They never distance from anyone and live life as normal.

No matter how high risk they are they don’t seem to care! They never distance from anyone and live life as normal.
They were.
When bubbles were introduced, they bought Roland in to their bubble. They also said at the start that Sarahs mum was doing their shopping and leaving it outside their door for them to collect because of Sophie.
Obviously theyve had to go back to normal, they arent on any restrictions in their area saying they cant see family or friends now aslong as its rule of 6 atm - support bubbles are allowed too so they could be in one of those. Its not going to do anyones mental health any favours if the kids cant see their grandparents/friends/cousins for a year.

I think everyone needs to let everyone do their own thing because rules arent clear or concise and everyone is handling as best they can with their families best interest in mind

Reactions: 6
They were.
When bubbles were introduced, they bought Roland in to their bubble. They also said at the start that Sarahs mum was doing their shopping and leaving it outside their door for them to collect because of Sophie.
Obviously theyve had to go back to normal, they arent on any restrictions in their area saying they cant see family or friends now aslong as its rule of 6 atm - support bubbles are allowed too so they could be in one of those. Its not going to do anyones mental health any favours if the kids cant see their grandparents/friends/cousins for a year.

I think everyone needs to let everyone do their own thing because rules arent clear or concise and everyone is handling as best they can with their families best interest in mind
I for sure agree with all of the mental health importance but I think that it’s the jokes about it. Maybe it’s not as bad as it seems

I enjoy their videos etc
but today I came across their merch instagram page and I was like wtf... honestly who would pay £30 for a dvg fam hoodie? Like who would go out wearing it? The whole yt merchandise seems a bit pointless to me. Also the price is such a rip off

Think I’m going to have to un follow them in instagram it’s absolutely ridiculous the amount of ads they are posting

Reactions: 4
I thought she just started year 10 because she was born the same year as my daughter but just noticed she is a june baby so she would of started year 11 now. She doesn't act like someone who is in their last year of school.

I cant watch the videos of Chloe on the car, still have a normal seat belt on her! I dont think theyve ever buckled her in properly. I remember when she was smaller seeing a video and she was leaning forward in the car like she only had a lap belt on. They were also filming her so would of noticed she wasnt buckled in right.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.