Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Starfish

The ones calling them lazy clearly have no idea what a full time job caring for a child with SEN during a pandemic is. It’s hard enough pre Covid. They also have a toddler and two daughters who are managing home schooling. You are so entitled to expect them to be coping normally and managing a normal workload through all this and incredibly naive if you think lockdown makes it easier to make content.
I think they’ve managed incredibly well but they’re not robots and Joel’s Dad having Covid will have had an impact. The lack of compassion from the person who said he probably got it from going to a party, shame on you and your ignorance is astounding. It’s a highly infectious virus that’s absolutely everywhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Chloesm

VIP Member
To be fair I really admire her for admitting it
Finally someone telling the truth

I’m sick tired of YouTubers being so secretive about everything or pretending as if they earned nothing

Reactions: 25

l2mhb0

Cried like an absolute baby watching their recent video! This is why I don’t think I’ll ever stop watching/liking dadvgirls, I think with Sarah’s teen pregnancy and her brothers death the girls have probably been brought up to appreciate what they have and people they have around them, and Joel and Sarah seem like such a strong couple, as if they have their heads screwed on straight. That video is an example of what it means to spend your youtube money in the ‘right’ way. Props to them ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24

idk2

VIP Member
Trying to justify going out shopping last night for Sarah's present hours before entering tier 4. They also went out when in tier 2 for meals etc like thousands of others when infant logic pointed everything at the facts that London was a covid breeding ground anyway!
Can we all stop this rhetoric of shaming other people for abiding by the rules while they were in them? They still had 6 hours to shop. It is NOT their fault the government changed the law and tiers a week before Christmas. Their only opportunity to get presents in their area were in those 6 hours esp as Royal Mail and other delivery services are SWAMPED. They were allowed to go out to eat in Tier 2 and we were all being encouraged to do so to boost the economy. We are all simply following what we are being told and making the best out of a bad situation. Can everyone remember its the government fucking up and regular people like us taking the fall for it. Yes, London is a breeding ground but on that same logic, so are schools yet the government are fining parents for keeping their kids out for the last week of term.

The only thing theyve fucked up on is when they were to Joels nephews birthday party.

Reactions: 22

gossboss14

VIP Member
I’ve watched the new video 3 times and can’t stop crying, what Sarah’s dad said about grief and not making decisions when you’re in that stage of grief is so true. I’m so glad they were able to find this car for him again. What a beautifully made video and a lovely way to honour her brother and keep his memory alive. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19

E_Stevens2000

Chatty Member
Just watching their last vlog and seeing how grateful Sarah was for her present made me actually tear up - I genuinely don't have a bad thing to say about this family

Reactions: 18

hmchmcl

Bloody hell. Dad Vs Girls 2020 is the new Ingham 2015
Did the older girls really need anymore trainers?! I used to love DadVGirls but theyve become like the inghams but with money. Yes there wasnt loads of gifts but Grace had the hoverboard thing infront of her then was passed another gift which was her 'main gift' aswell as the hunter wellies. Its all brands with them and very materialistic and I dont think there was any 'thoughtful' gifts really.

One of my Dads best presents this year was a map of england with all the rude place names on, didnt cost me alot but he loves maps and loves toilet humour. He's spent hours looking at it and texting me pictures of the funny names. That to me is what a thoughtful gift is. Not a pair of trainers with a brand name on them to go with the 400 other branded trainers.
I disagree. A gift to one person could mean the world and the same gift could mean nothing to another. You see how happy Kaci and Grace were, they were in shock because they didn't expect them. They both jumped up to give their parents a hug. You can tell it meant a lot to them, therefore, a thoughtful gift.

Reactions: 18

uwu

VIP Member
To be honest I only watch because Joel is a bit of eye candy compared to the likes of Chris Ingham, Darren Fizz and Jonathan Joly :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 17

gossboss14

VIP Member
The victim blaming mindset on this thread is insane. If a paedophile is looking at a child in a sexual way, whether that is online or in person, the paedophile is at fault, whether that child is wearing a swimsuit or a freaking snowsuit. A child (or anybody!) should not be told that they have to behave in a 'modest' way so that they aren't assaulted, the focus should be on stopping the criminals from committing those crimes.

If a friend of yours was sexually assaulted and when it happened she was wearing a crop top and shorts like the ones you seem to have an issue with, would you actually say to her that she should've worn something different because then it wouldn't have happened?

• Heart

idk2

VIP Member
Is this a joke? Sarah is a grown adult, it’s not like it was the little ones presents that needed to be bought because they won’t understand, or that Joel hadn’t got Sarah anything for Christmas already. Also, they are very priveleged, they work from home so have flexible schedules and it isn’t like they’ve had to wait for their December paycheck to be able to buy presents, but they still left shopping to the busiest weekend of the year despite claiming to be high risk of catching the virus. They can’t say they are trying to be careful to protect Sophie and Joel in one breath and then go into central London to get Sarah, a grown woman, MORE Christmas presents. It’s unnecessary. People are dying. They’ve fucked up and part of the course of being an influencer is that you get criticised when you’re influencing shitty and unnecessary behaviour.
Lmao, first of all, you sound very aggressive. Remember we dont know these people to let them have this sort of effect over us.

It doesnt matter whether Sarah is a grown adult and can comprehend why she may not have a present - if they CAN go and get their presents, maintain their own SD and wear a mask then why the fuck not? They did NOT break any laws or rules. The government specifically waited to announce this on the LAST weekend before Xmas for a reason. They encouraged Londoners to get out and do their bit for the economy. Help the high street and help the restaurants. They dawdled putting them in T3 to the point where ministers were begging and schools were on the brink of closures. Maybe you need to channel your anger at the real source here. Its the government who are at fault, not some little influencer who wants to finish his fucking Christmas shopping.

The shopping centre they were in didn't even look busy.They were going up those escalators and it looked dead. People were rushing to LEAVE London not STAY AND SHOP. People need to stop throwing the high risk category in peoples faces. The government are the ones to blame here. Saying they shouldn't go shopping because they're high risk is like saying they also shouldn't go to school or resume back to normal life until everyone is vaccinated (which will be never)

I find it hilarious you think their tween fans who watch their stories will think "Oh yes, Joel is in CL right now shopping, let me go to my local town centre and do a bit too" - makes perfect sense.

And yes, people are DYING. Like I said, this should be blamed on the fucking government not influencers who are trying to fit in a tad more shopping before things shut without any PROPER notice.

We will agree to disagree.

Last edited:
  • Heart

ChrissyPoo

VIP Member
If kaci has had covid shouldn’t she be tested again before meeting friends?
That's not what the guidelines tell people to do, so she's fine to go out after 10 days.

I must say, they handled the whole thing really well. No hype about it. You could tell how much Joel actually cared, especially about Sophie's test result. They took it very seriously.

• Heart

Blue Rose

VIP Member
I really like the way they’ve handled this situation and how they did the video. I thought based off the cliffhanger last time they would over exaggerate their reactions for views but they just showed the genuine reality of what people are experiencing right now. I think it was very good of them too have Kaci isolate away from the family before she got tested and they seem to be doing everything they can to prevent the rest of the family from catching the virus. It also acts as a good example to viewers of how symptoms can take a minute to show and why it’s better to be safe than sorry. Also like how they’re donating to charities and spreading awareness of them seeing as people are less likely to be able to donate but more likely to need aid from charities in the current climate.

• Heart

izzy56734

i honestly do not see anything wrong with what they are wearing, for example kaci in a bikini top and shorts, it was summer, what did you expect her to wear a full joggers and jumper set? of course she is going to wear smaller clothing as it’s summer. she wasn’t posing provocatively or forcing cleavage or anything. Grace usually wears small tops with joggers, which i know for a fact i did and so did many other people in my area did at her age, she’s 13 for gods sake we need to stop sexualising kids!! i understand that they are online and have put themselves out there but if you genuinely feel uncomfortable with a 13 year old girl wearing a little top that covers her boobs and most of her tummy i think you are in the wrong here. just because they put themselves out there online doesn’t mean they aren’t normal people that do things normal kids their age do. Also with Kaci wearing fake tan and makeup, she’s almost 16, same thing most girls her age are doing it and no one bats a eyelid, she can do the same without being sexualised once again. Personally i think it’s great she feels comfortable enough posting tik toks and yt vidoes without makeup, but then when she wants to she can make herself dolled up with makeup. She’s defintely not as bad as someoke people i know that’s her age and same with grace so i feel like we should cut them some slack.

Reactions: 16

idk2

VIP Member
Just watching their last vlog and seeing how grateful Sarah was for her present made me actually tear up - I genuinely don't have a bad thing to say about this family
I loved the fact they didnt cheorgraph who opened presents first and made the other kids watch until their turn etc like other youtube families do when they're vlogging xmas morning. It was authentic in the sense where all the kids ripped in to their gifts and everyone was everywhere which was nice to see. Sarahs reaction to her gift was lovely and I liked how both Kaci and Grace both bought their own gifts for everyone as well.

Reactions: 16

Blue Rose

VIP Member
You could tell the video was just something they filmed for memories, most people film or take pictures of their kids opening presents, and they just happen to be youtubers who wanted to share this with their fans. All the reactions were genuine (unlike the Inghams who force their kids to laugh or cry) and that was honestly the only Christmas present video I’ve watched all the way through because of this. I also like how their gift were actually thoughtful, not just random things to make it seem like there’s more which other families do, all the clothes and toys are things the girls clearly wanted and will use. Plus, they did get more than an average kid might, but it still wasn’t so much it’s ridiculous. Will never be the biggest fan of any family vloggers but I can safely say Dad v Girls are one of the better examples of them.

Reactions: 15

inkypinkyponky

VIP Member
I genuinely like this family and i have defended them on here before but one thing that doesn't sit right with me is kacis new 'vintage' obsession i get its a trend and there is nothing wrong with liking vintage clothes but most vintage clothes are thrifted and from thrift stores. as thrifting and vintage is such a trend alot of ppl who can afford to but clothes are buying from these thrift stores and ppl who actually depend on these stores don't have anything because people see it as an aesthetic. what are you guys' opinion?
Charity stores aren't for people who are on low incomes, they are for everyone. Its to raise money for organisations rather than clothe people, its cheaper in primark to buy clothes. Never seen a charity shop short of clothes before.

Is actually good to hear she is buying second hand clothes rather than brand new

Over the last year I think this family have really lost themselves, parenting is out the window, Sophie is no longer the child of focus, it's all designer stuff and money this money that. Whatever happened to the grace who instead of buying a prada handbag would want to give back to those in need? We have been promised time and again for Sophies story which has never happened. Kaci is turning into another anastasia Kingsnorth. Joel thinks everything is about him and wow I feel sorry for Sarah trying to raise these kids but the biggest one ever is Joel. Chole is out of control and the more the entertain her behaviour the worse it will become. Where did the family we used to watch go. These days the vlogs, shall we call them, are more ads than anything. Starting to get a Ingham vibe from them!!

• Heart

Anonymous6745

Chatty Member
Honestly broke my heart hearing about sophies life expectancy, and grace trying not to cry:cry:, just shows how close they all are

• Sad

idk2

VIP Member
I have to disagree about Kaci getting everything she wants - she only ever really gets clothing and shoes? And we don't know what is bought FOR her and what she buys herself. She has her own channel and has said she doesn't know how much money she makes but her parents give her a portion of the money and put the rest away? She's more than capable of buying herself things too.

Grace also gets whatever she wants except she's younger and they're trying to teach her, she can't get everything she wants right away and for nothing. It's a good lesson to have tbh. We don't know if they took the same stance when Kaci was that age as they weren't on YT then. Grace still gets loads in comparison. THREE pets in the last 2 years? along with all their upkeep, tanks, food, toys, vet bills etc. It really adds up. Not to mention, Grace also wanted the new iPhone and although they said she wasn't getting it, she still got it a few months later. They're both spoilt equally, there's no one over the other imo. And I don't even think its a bad thing bc they don't come across like brats either. There's has been times where they've sulked but we've all been there and done that.

Chloe is my fave of the fam. She's such a cheeky character - I honestly think she makes their videos. She's the sibling of the family you start to miss if you're apart too long. Life of the family, I think. Plus shes not naughty, she's literally a child testing her boundaries and finding her personality. She seems to have a good understanding when to stop as well but like most kids will know to "act up" when the camera comes out as she knows she wont get in much trouble.