Dad V Girls

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi, I’m a new member to this site. I’ve been watching DVG for a while and I’m in agreement with allot of what you have brought up already. Recently the money wasting, has been troubling me, esp the trampoline, purchasing against Sarah’s wishes and knowing they wanted to move, it just seems to me they are showing a lack of respect for high cost items and that’s not what they should be modelling for the girls. In regards to the house, on Sarah’s Instagram she posted way back that Joel had ‘bought’ her a house. I think they just lied about the house being rented or careful about who owns it so they wouldn’t have to deal with either selling and having fans waste their time or so they could rent it out themselves and have a further income. - what typical landlord would allow someone to do that much changes to a house that’s not theirs? They have this option to lie or cover the truth because their fan base is soo young and they probably have little understanding of houses, renting and all that stuff. Kaci is allowed to act way older than her age and Grace is soon going to follow in her footsteps. It’s a shame they can’t be normal kids. All their holidays during term time must cost allot in charges and not fair on their education

Reactions: 3
Hi, I’m a new member to this site. I’ve been watching DVG for a while and I’m in agreement with allot of what you have brought up already. Recently the money wasting, has been troubling me, esp the trampoline, purchasing against Sarah’s wishes and knowing they wanted to move, it just seems to me they are showing a lack of respect for high cost items and that’s not what they should be modelling for the girls. In regards to the house, on Sarah’s Instagram she posted way back that Joel had ‘bought’ her a house. I think they just lied about the house being rented or careful about who owns it so they wouldn’t have to deal with either selling and having fans waste their time or so they could rent it out themselves and have a further income. - what typical landlord would allow someone to do that much changes to a house that’s not theirs? They have this option to lie or cover the truth because their fan base is soo young and they probably have little understanding of houses, renting and all that stuff. Kaci is allowed to act way older than her age and Grace is soon going to follow in her footsteps. It’s a shame they can’t be normal kids. All their holidays during term time must cost allot in charges and not fair on their education
I was annoyed when they said they rent the house they are in- as if they were your average family who have struggled to buy Up until now- when we all know this is farrr from the case
They are very spendy aren’t they I just can’t believe how rubbish they are with food constant take aways

it also made me laugh the way they harp on about how Sarah is a clean freak and then when they opened the kitchen drawers the other day in their video the drawers were absolutely disgusting - 🤣

I’ve always said Kaci is shown as Older than she is but others disagree with this- Grace is different I don’t see her being like Kaci but you never know
They don’t need to worry about the fines from taking the kids out of school as they can easily afford to pay

I had a disagreement with a family member about them the other day as they are adamant that they are a “normal average” family and will not accept that they are far from this and extremely privileged due to Joel’s family

the ads annoy me as they very rarely engage with their followers anymore they are just constant ads especially Sarah i un followed her because of this

we watched their first ever videos again the other day and they were much more watchable and interesting also Sarah was more bearable than she is now too!

Reactions: 2
Its a family owned home so they probably used their words wisely by saying "rented" as in we're only paying bills and 50% rent to the family member who is either Joels parents or his brother. Like you said, no landlord would allow so much commotion in the house especially with the tit they do for content. I dont think they'll be selling the property, they'll either rent it out as it is or they'll rip it out and redesign the whole thing to sell it as its currently valued at 1.3 million so I imagine a complete modernisation of the property to make it look like their neighbours would be even more added value.

I agree, they do not communicate with their audiences at all. They have YouTube comments OFF all the time apart from once in a blue moon they allow them on for like 20 mins! They dont use their other platforms for communication either, no replying to insta comments or anything. Not even Youtube community comments! Its baffling how they even built up such a high sub count on so little interaction. Their ads are disgusting at this point but I never followed them on insta to see the full extent until I had a browse yesterday! Ridiculous. Just pure money grabbing. I thought maybe they were doing loads so their monthly income would be high so their mortgage would be accepted but doesnt seem like thats the case as they arent stopping anytime soon.

I was annoyed when they said they rent the house they are in- as if they were your average family who have struggled to buy Up until now- when we all know this is farrr from the case
They are very spendy aren’t they I just can’t believe how rubbish they are with food constant take aways

it also made me laugh the way they harp on about how Sarah is a clean freak and then when they opened the kitchen drawers the other day in their video the drawers were absolutely disgusting - 🤣

I’ve always said Kaci is shown as Older than she is but others disagree with this- Grace is different I don’t see her being like Kaci but you never know
They don’t need to worry about the fines from taking the kids out of school as they can easily afford to pay

I had a disagreement with a family member about them the other day as they are adamant that they are a “normal average” family and will not accept that they are far from this and extremely privileged due to Joel’s family

the ads annoy me as they very rarely engage with their followers anymore they are just constant ads especially Sarah i un followed her because of this

we watched their first ever videos again the other day and they were much more watchable and interesting also Sarah was more bearable than she is now too!
Everything they’ve mentioned in the past about kaci and grace’s childhood shows that they have always been privileged. There’s nothing wrong with that at all. The kids probably have had good childhoods. But there was no need to comment on that they’ve been “lying” about the house being there’s or whether they rented. They could have simply carried on with the statement that they are moving.

But the constant adds aren’t helpful to anyone. The U.K. was confirmed to be in recession today, people won’t be spending on much extra atm. Also it’s pretty pointless as their viewers are mostly teens so why do they need to advertise for hello fresh etc.

I really hope Grace remains the sweet girl she is. I love that she’s close to her dad. Society and social image has changed soo drastically in the 11 years since I was Kaci’s age. I used to run around in a jumpers and beat up Lonsdale converse. Now they want heels, crop tops, short shorts.

Everything they’ve mentioned in the past about kaci and grace’s childhood shows that they have always been privileged. There’s nothing wrong with that at all. The kids probably have had good childhoods. But there was no need to comment on that they’ve been “lying” about the house being there’s or whether they rented. They could have simply carried on with the statement that they are moving.

But the constant adds aren’t helpful to anyone. The U.K. was confirmed to be in recession today, people won’t be spending on much extra atm. Also it’s pretty pointless as their viewers are mostly teens so why do they need to advertise for hello fresh etc.

I really hope Grace remains the sweet girl she is. I love that she’s close to her dad. Society and social image has changed soo drastically in the 11 years since I was Kaci’s age. I used to run around in a jumpers and beat up Lonsdale converse. Now they want heels, crop tops, short shorts.
Absolutely agree- it was random and didn’t need to even be mentioned.

I agree regards to Grace too she does seem to be sweet and innocent
I have no idea why they have set up accounts for Sophie and Chloe on Instagram either it’s ridiculous also Sarah’s bio stating she is a public figure 🤦🏻‍♀️😂
I don’t understand the level of ads they do wither I mean advertising Now TV wand watching IT when their fans are children
In a recent video they did a paid for promotion half way through and it was terrible it was for some learning thing where the kids were to build their own headphones and something else —I would be fuming if I paid for that ad they didn’t show the kids making the stuff or even the stuff made just them opening the packs - crazy

I have no idea why they have set up accounts for Sophie and Chloe on Instagram either it’s ridiculous also Sarah’s bio stating she is a public figure 🤦🏻‍♀️😂
I don’t understand the level of ads they do wither I mean advertising Now TV wand watching IT when their fans are children
In a recent video they did a paid for promotion half way through and it was terrible it was for some learning thing where the kids were to build their own headphones and something else —I would be fuming if I paid for that ad they didn’t show the kids making the stuff or even the stuff made just them opening the packs - crazy
Crazy- I’m thinking lazy.

Sarah is so full of herself Kaci and Joel’s instagram account’s say video creator which is exactly what they are but no Sarah thinks she’s this huge celebrity who’s a ‘public figure’ 🙄

Reactions: 1

I hate it when celebrities get their kids their own social media pages, what’s a 2 year old going to need Instagram for? Plus it’s not like Chloe and Sophie are even old enough to understand the full extent of what their parents let the internet know about them and consent to that information being shared. I hope YouTube inflating her parents’ ego doesn’t cause Grace to want to grow up too quickly and stays being a sweet girl, I think she also seems to care more than Kaci does about school and so hopefully will continue to have a positive attitude towards it and have a decent education as oppose to just hoping YouTube will be her job forever. I remember Sarah joking that she got Kaci a tutor for maths and Kaci going she doesn’t need one because she passed her maths exams and it’s science she’s failing. I know Kaci does seem to struggle in school but having a really good maths gcse will be a lot better than having just passed it. I have many friends who struggled with certain subjects at GCSE who would’ve loved a tutor to help them achieve higher grades and who would study extra hard to get better, I know we don’t see everything in their live but I’ve never seen Kaci doing any extra school work. This is the summer before her exams, she should be using the extra time she has since she can’t go out much still and be getting all her year 10 notes together and reviewing them ready for year 11. That family needs to teach their children how valuable education is and how lucky they are to be able to have one as in many countries education isn’t accessible to some children, especially girls. YouTube isn’t going to be there forever and if Kaci just scraps her way through school she’ll regret it once her YouTube career dies out.

I hate it when celebrities get their kids their own social media pages, what’s a 2 year old going to need Instagram for? Plus it’s not like Chloe and Sophie are even old enough to understand the full extent of what their parents let the internet know about them and consent to that information being shared. I hope YouTube inflating her parents’ ego doesn’t cause Grace to want to grow up too quickly and stays being a sweet girl, I think she also seems to care more than Kaci does about school and so hopefully will continue to have a positive attitude towards it and have a decent education as oppose to just hoping YouTube will be her job forever. I remember Sarah joking that she got Kaci a tutor for maths and Kaci going she doesn’t need one because she passed her maths exams and it’s science she’s failing. I know Kaci does seem to struggle in school but having a really good maths gcse will be a lot better than having just passed it. I have many friends who struggled with certain subjects at GCSE who would’ve loved a tutor to help them achieve higher grades and who would study extra hard to get better, I know we don’t see everything in their live but I’ve never seen Kaci doing any extra school work. This is the summer before her exams, she should be using the extra time she has since she can’t go out much still and be getting all her year 10 notes together and reviewing them ready for year 11. That family needs to teach their children how valuable education is and how lucky they are to be able to have one as in many countries education isn’t accessible to some children, especially girls. YouTube isn’t going to be there forever and if Kaci just scraps her way through school she’ll regret it once her YouTube career dies out.
They won’t teach them that we Sarah and Joel have said numerous times they don’t value education as neither of them got their exams and they have done well

They’ve mentioned that Kaci has dyslexia so it’s understandable if she struggles severely in school that her enthusiasm isn’t there. She should try to get the core subjects, get a tutor for whatever she needs, even just to access the ‘real’ world at a later date if she desires to!

They’ve mentioned that Kaci has dyslexia so it’s understandable if she struggles severely in school that her enthusiasm isn’t there. She should try to get the core subjects, get a tutor for whatever she needs, even just to access the ‘real’ world at a later date if she desires to!
I agree completely-hopefully she’s getting the support she needs to meet her needs in education

Another boring - repeated video yesterday and each week Sarah becomes more annoying in the videos

I can see from their Instagram they are away at the moment at centre parks - it’s hard isn’t it Joel’s just got a brand new PS and has done a very showy off video whilst many in the country’s right now don’t even know if they can have a hot meal this evening

I agree completely-hopefully she’s getting the support she needs to meet her needs in education

Another boring - repeated video yesterday and each week Sarah becomes more annoying in the videos

I can see from their Instagram they are away at the moment at centre parks - it’s hard isn’t it Joel’s just got a brand new PS and has done a very showy off video whilst many in the country’s right now don’t even know if they can have a hot meal this evening
although it looks like they have paid for this as he hasn’t put gifted or ad on any of the stories

although it looks like they have paid for this as he hasn’t put gifted or ad on any of the stories

Last edited:

I saw the big log cabin, but thought it looked too nice to be centre parks! I just flipped through their posts.

I hope they actually pay for the activities in the day instead of being approached whilst they are there and having it gifted in return for filming it.

Yet again Kaci’s friend has been taken with them, but Grace is bound to be even more left out than usual. They even laughed in her last video when she admitted she didn’t think she would win the challenge (which she did come last in.) I think She’s going to be the one that looses interest in the filming first. They should think more carefully about how this impacts her, maybe get her to pick a video challenge or feature that she can thrive in.

I agree wholeheartedly with what you said about how showy it was. Lots of kids will be going back to school, facing even more financial difficulties esp in London where they have no more free transport, not being able to face walking to school daily and missing their only hot meal. I went to a school which was 80% free school meals. Although this wasn’t my personal position, it was very open and known. Bearing in mind I finished school 8 years ago, before the growth in the need for food banks. I’ve seen how a meal allowance is valued and devoured.

How troubling is it for this group of people to view social media and YouTube and to see families playing with food? Wondering why they can’t go on holiday? Or have the latest ‘back to school merch.’ Instead using the same school uniform that probably doesn’t fit because they ‘only went to school for half the year’ and it’s still in reasonable condition. They should face the realities of what happens just outside their doorstep. They were quick to jump to help the NHS so why not donate a portion of merch profit, to a charity that provides uniform, and breakfasts to families in need?

Reactions: 6
I saw the big log cabin, but thought it looked too nice to be centre parks! I just flipped through their posts.

I hope they actually pay for the activities in the day instead of being approached whilst they are there and having it gifted in return for filming it.

Yet again Kaci’s friend has been taken with them, but Grace is bound to be even more left out than usual. They even laughed in her last video when she admitted she didn’t think she would win the challenge (which she did come last in.) I think She’s going to be the one that looses interest in the filming first. They should think more carefully about how this impacts her, maybe get her to pick a video challenge or feature that she can thrive in.

I agree wholeheartedly with what you said about how showy it was. Lots of kids will be going back to school, facing even more financial difficulties esp in London where they have no more free transport, not being able to face walking to school daily and missing their only hot meal. I went to a school which was 80% free school meals. Although this wasn’t my personal position, it was very open and known. Bearing in mind I finished school 8 years ago, before the growth in the need for food banks. I’ve seen how a meal allowance is valued and devoured.

How troubling is it for this group of people to view social media and YouTube and to see families playing with food? Wondering why they can’t go on holiday? Or have the latest ‘back to school merch.’ Instead using the same school uniform that probably doesn’t fit because they ‘only went to school for half the year’ and it’s still in reasonable condition. They should face the realities of what happens just outside their doorstep. They were quick to jump to help the NHS so why not donate a portion of merch profit, to a charity that provides uniform, and breakfasts to families in need?
I completely agree, I didn’t actually watch the video but I do always thinks it’s unfair on Grace as she I saw the youngest and quietist so is usually the one to come last and be left out in videos. She seems to be the most down to earth, even Chloe gets away with too much, and I hope their fame as they are almost at 1mil doesn’t go too her head like it has for the rest of her family. My mum’s a hospital pharmacist and actually got better pay due to having to work more during the pandemic and, although I agree nhs workers have always been hard working-especially during the pandemic- other areas of society have suffered even more. In America there are people driving to food banks in expensive cars because they’ve lost their well paid job and are now in a situation they’d never imagine. So much focus has been on nhs charities recently causing food banks to have even less donations than usual during a time when more people are in need. I hope more celebrities and other public figures see the difference Marcus Rashford made and start raising and donating to these charities.

I really think Joel and Sarah should be encouraging her to try to overcome her struggles and find subjects she does enjoy and can do well in, but instead all they seem to do is encourage her to grow on YouTube. Yes the money she’s making will help her out in the future but shouldn’t she be working towards a backup since I can’t see either of their YouTube channels lasting more than a couple more years.

I think Grace is just the middle child - She seems to have very different interests than Kaci and is generally quieter. Kaci is loud and will argue until she gets what she wants as most teens her age do. Whereas Grace is still docile and will listen to her parents. Like when Grace was really in two minds about using Joels card to put a clothes order through. Kaci didn't even blink, she just did it whereas Grace was clearly thinking what would happen when the cameras were off. Same for the trampoline, Kaci just ordered it, no thoughts.

Joel and Grace seem to spend a lot of time with each other just them two which I think is sweet like when he took her to build that swing in the woods, Grace went with him multiple times after. He also took her to Thorpe Park with her group of friends which was for Rolands daughters birthday but he didn't need to go really. I dont see Joel having much 1:1 time with Kaci like that - Kaci is more with Sarah I feel. They shop and like their make up whereas Grace seems to like her gadgets and looking for houses?! She seemed very involved in that process of looking online and showing her parents 🤣

I do think they should give Grace more of an advantage in these challenges because I think TikTok is the only app Grace uses consistently whereas all the other platforms she doesnt interact much due to age. I dont think they neglect her, I just think she's the level headed of the two sisters and they know Kaci will throw a strop and Grace won't. My parents did the same thing to me if I placated my sisters too but would make it up to me in other ways. End of the day, they're all spoiled anyway. Kaci more so but I think thats just because she's older so wants more things, whereas Grace is still at the age where sometimes its clothes and sometimes its more kid stuff like roblox etc

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think Grace is just the middle child - She seems to have very different interests than Kaci and is generally quieter. Kaci is loud and will argue until she gets what she wants as most teens her age do. Whereas Grace is still docile and will listen to her parents. Like when Grace was really in two minds about using Joels card to put a clothes order through. Kaci didn't even blink, she just did it whereas Grace was clearly thinking what would happen when the cameras were off. Same for the trampoline, Kaci just ordered it, no thoughts.

Joel and Grace seem to spend a lot of time with each other just them two which I think is sweet like when he took her to build that swing in the woods, Grace went with him multiple times after. He also took her to Thorpe Park with her group of friends which was for Rolands daughters birthday but he didn't need to go really. I dont see Joel having much 1:1 time with Kaci like that - Kaci is more with Sarah I feel. They shop and like their make up whereas Grace seems to like her gadgets and looking for houses?! She seemed very involved in that process of looking online and showing her parents 🤣

I do think they should give Grace more of an advantage in these challenges because I think TikTok is the only app Grace uses consistently whereas all the other platforms she doesnt interact much due to age. I dont think they neglect her, I just think she's the level headed of the two sisters and they know Kaci will throw a strop and Grace won't. My parents did the same thing to me if I placated my sisters too but would make it up to me in other ways. End of the day, they're all spoiled anyway. Kaci more so but I think thats just because she's older so wants more things, whereas Grace is still at the age where sometimes its clothes and sometimes its more kid stuff like roblox etc
I agree none of the girls are neglected at all and are all spoilt
I hope Kaci doesn’t get too big for her boots as her popularity grows- Grace definitely appears as the level headed sensible one out of the two of them

Kaci needs to slow down when she speaks it’s hard to understand her sometimes

so they’ve just reached 1 million subs on YouTube and already had a cake for this- how did thqt happen? Still no #gifted or #ad on their posts so I’m pleased they have paid for this trip

Reactions: 4

I have to admit that I am an only child so my experience of large family dynamic is limited. Even with Tik Tok, I thought initially, Yeahh she’s going to win this challenge, she always makes effort on tik tok. But Grace is still young and she doesn’t do the whole teen girl, barely dressed thing so was bound to get less far. I wasn’t trying to say they neglect her, I am sorry if it came across that way. I just feel like because of Kaci’s personality and abilities sports wise, she tends to win more of the competitions and Grace never does.

I have to admit that I am an only child so my experience of large family dynamic is limited. Even with Tik Tok, I thought initially, Yeahh she’s going to win this challenge, she always makes effort on tik tok. But Grace is still young and she doesn’t do the whole teen girl, barely dressed thing so was bound to get less far. I wasn’t trying to say they neglect her, I am sorry if it came across that way. I just feel like because of Kaci’s personality and abilities sports wise, she tends to win more of the competitions and Grace never does.
No no, of course not! Your opinion is based on what you make of their vidoes! I completely understand why you think Grace is overlooked, I shouldn't have used the word "neglect" as its not the right term. I agree with you to an extent too, I do think they give Kaci more lee-way to win competitions too and its because Grace either lets it go because Kaci throws a strop or Grace just doesnt care enough about the cash prize to win as she always talks about having a lot of savings whereas Kaci seems to go through her pocket money a lot faster.

I agree none of the girls are neglected at all and are all spoilt
I hope Kaci doesn’t get too big for her boots as her popularity grows- Grace definitely appears as the level headed sensible one out of the two of them

Kaci needs to slow down when she speaks it’s hard to understand her sometimes

so they’ve just reached 1 million subs on YouTube and already had a cake for this- how did thqt happen? Still no #gifted or #ad on their posts so I’m pleased they have paid for this trip
Management will usually tell them an approx date they'll hit 1 million judging by their trends and stats so they probably knew in advance.

I agree, Kaci does talk really fast but I think its more so because she's excited and eager to talk whereas in her main channel videos, she's rambles alot and constantly repeats things. The way she talks isnt concise and doesnt flow nicely either. I think this may have something to do with her dyslexia though (if its confirmed she has it, as im not sure) so I dont like to comment on it too much as its out of her control. I do think she should write a script and stick to it when introducing a video though.

Reactions: 5
No no, of course not! Your opinion is based on what you make of their vidoes! I completely understand why you think Grace is overlooked, I shouldn't have used the word "neglect" as its not the right term. I agree with you to an extent too, I do think they give Kaci more lee-way to win competitions too and its because Grace either lets it go because Kaci throws a strop or Grace just doesnt care enough about the cash prize to win as she always talks about having a lot of savings whereas Kaci seems to go through her pocket money a lot faster.

Management will usually tell them an approx date they'll hit 1 million judging by their trends and stats so they probably knew in advance.

I agree, Kaci does talk really fast but I think its more so because she's excited and eager to talk whereas in her main channel videos, she's rambles alot and constantly repeats things. The way she talks isnt concise and doesnt flow nicely either. I think this may have something to do with her dyslexia though (if its confirmed she has it, as im not sure) so I dont like to comment on it too much as its out of her control. I do think she should write a script and stick to it when introducing a video though.
I didn’t mean it to come across negativity it’s just hard to keep up at times that’s all :)

I’m pleased they paid for their weekend break (I’m guessing as they didn’t do any ads whilst there that this is the case)

I do feel that releasing another range of merchandise in this current climate is frustrating and feel for the families who simply can’t afford to buy £25 bag just because it has Their name on it I know when mine were younger I wouldn’t have been able to and that was before the current recession.

I am a little naive when it comes to you tube does having one million subscribers mean they earn more money now? It’s hard to find information regarding what you tubers earn

I didn’t mean it to come across negativity it’s just hard to keep up at times that’s all :)

I’m pleased they paid for their weekend break (I’m guessing as they didn’t do any ads whilst there that this is the case)

I do feel that releasing another range of merchandise in this current climate is frustrating and feel for the families who simply can’t afford to buy £25 bag just because it has Their name on it I know when mine were younger I wouldn’t have been able to and that was before the current recession.

I am a little naive when it comes to you tube does having one million subscribers mean they earn more money now? It’s hard to find information regarding what you tubers earn
More click bait again with latest video

They earn a lot regardless of the subscribers - its all about views which earn them money. Brands will look at subscribers, engagement (likes, comments etc) when approaching people for collabs so theyve definitely got a lot bigger in terms of brand outreach. They have the million plaque now too. Also, I think the merch timing is tacky too. "Back to school collection" - no one will be buying new school supplies when last years hardly got used! I think its very money grabbing esp in the current climate with millions more job losses occurring in September-December.

Also, did anyone find it funny when Joel said Grace could pick her room first not Kaci but had no reason as to WHY. "Just because" More like he's reading on here, which isnt a bad thing. I'm glad he said that and I'm glad Grace bit back at Kaci when she was arguing about wanting the other room, was hilarious when Grace mimicked her 🤣 It was a nice vlog all in all minus the thousand pound per night treehouse.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.