Dad V Girls

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Couldn’t agree more, that’s why I found it so disappointing when the videos were all about money however they have been really good again over Vlogmas and nice to watch
Xx

Yes, you can work but even so, you still legally need to do a part-time apprenticeship or stay in part-time education now. Rules have changed.

REALLY enjoyed their month of uploads. Clearly a lot of effort was put in and such varied content too. Seem like such a lovely family! I was watching their Harmony of the Seas vlog and its clear they are very family orientated. They said there were over 30 of them on that holiday in there family, have no idea how they planned that! I would go grey!

Reactions: 2
REALLY love the vlog where they surprised Roland, makes a lot of sense why he's around so much now as he's probably alone when not with his kids. Sure he was driving before so must have had to sell/give his car to the ex in the divorce. It was a really sweet thing to do as the car would've cost at least 8k!

Reactions: 9
Just watched Kaci's latest What I Got For Christmas video and she's not very well spoken. The way she speaks is off, not weird but just very lengthy. She seems to stutter and miss random words out of sentences. Grace nor her parents do this. I thought it was just because she talks really fast and stumbles over her words but even when she rewords the sentence and tries again, its the same thing. Seems like expressive aphasia, she clearly knows what she wants to say but struggles putting it in to words sometimes. Obviously do not want to diagnose anyone lol could be anything and most likely is just down to talking to fast and not thinking enough of what she wants to say first.

Anyone else noticed?

Reactions: 3
Just watched Kaci's latest What I Got For Christmas video and she's not very well spoken. The way she speaks is off, not weird but just very lengthy. She seems to stutter and miss random words out of sentences. Grace nor her parents do this. I thought it was just because she talks really fast and stumbles over her words but even when she rewords the sentence and tries again, its the same thing. Seems like expressive aphasia, she clearly knows what she wants to say but struggles putting it in to words sometimes. Obviously do not want to diagnose anyone lol could be anything and most likely is just down to talking to fast and not thinking enough of what she wants to say first.

Anyone else noticed?
I did notice her speaking really fast in today’s video, not noticed her missing words though, but will definitely look out for it, not in a nasty way though

Reactions: 1

Anyone else noticed?
I did this quite a lot when I was a teenager and grew out of it as my confidence grew. It wasn’t that I was not well spoken, I just spent so much time overthinking what I was going to say that I would mess it up even though I knew exactly what I meant. I don’t do it now because I’ve become more confident and don’t overthink about what I’m saying. I know Kaci comes across as very confident but I do think she must feel quite vulnerable due to her still being so young and new to YouTube in comparison to the other people her audience must watch on YouTube. She’s doing really well for herself and I wish I had the confidence to put myself out there the way she has, especially when she’s still so young.

The thing that bothered me the most from that video was that she said they’re going to America in January (surely they could go in school holidays? Unless it’s for another job?). But it’s Joel and Sarah’s decision and I’m sure they’re doing what they think is best and if the worst thing I can say about them is that they take their kids on too many trips in term time then they’re doing a pretty good job in comparison to a lot of other YouTube parents

I did this quite a lot when I was a teenager and grew out of it as my confidence grew. It wasn’t that I was not well spoken, I just spent so much time overthinking what I was going to say that I would mess it up even though I knew exactly what I meant. I don’t do it now because I’ve become more confident and don’t overthink about what I’m saying. I know Kaci comes across as very confident but I do think she must feel quite vulnerable due to her still being so young and new to YouTube in comparison to the other people her audience must watch on YouTube. She’s doing really well for herself and I wish I had the confidence to put myself out there the way she has, especially when she’s still so young.

The thing that bothered me the most from that video was that she said they’re going to America in January (surely they could go in school holidays? Unless it’s for another job?). But it’s Joel and Sarah’s decision and I’m sure they’re doing what they think is best and if the worst thing I can say about them is that they take their kids on too many trips in term time then they’re doing a pretty good job in comparison to a lot of other YouTube parents
Completely get what you're saying and I do agree. But she seems to do it a lot as they all make fun of her long winded stories and stuff which had me thinking but yeah I do think its a thing she could grow out of - I know reading a script would be robotic but she could do better by organising her thoughts on paper for a youtube video as sometimes its hard to understand what exactly she's trying to say. I do give kudos to her for her filming, content etc as she seems to be doing well.

Yeah, I noticed that too! I think they've got some leeway with school, they must have. My parents (and many others) used to get threatened with fines all the time for taking a week off before or after term times for holidays abroad. I definitely think they've had a meeting and discussed their differing lifestyle and all that but its very interesting that they're allowed so much time off. I don't think its for a job as she said her grandparents got her it for her and Grace's birthday if I'm not mistaken? Cant really remember.

Really enjoyed today’s video, they just seem like a genuine and down to Earth family and I hope they don’t let their channel growing take away from that

Reactions: 2
Im assuming they didn't get rid of buddy?
Sarah's parents have him now as Joel is allergic. However they live near Grace's school so she gets to see him whenever she wants to and he is still her dog. She walks him after school etc. The whole video was shot well and when Grace got upset they cut it. Some family vloggers need to take a leaf out of the Conders' book

Reactions: 11
Another great video!! Loved the look on Kaci’s face when she walked into her room. They are my favourite youtubers to watch. I do wonder what has made them decide to go away during school time again considering they’ve already done that once this school year though

Another great video!! Loved the look on Kaci’s face when she walked into her room. They are my favourite youtubers to watch. I do wonder what has made them decide to go away during school time again considering they’ve already done that once this school year though
Doesnt seem like theres valid reason tbh. They just look like they're on holiday, before they called it a business trip when they went for the Hollister campaign. 2nd vacation in a month if they went Lapland in December. Also, Kaci's BFF flew out to surprise her today too and Sarah's family is there as well so maybe its a family thing. Clearly their school aren't strict on holidays, all they would have to do is have proof they're on holiday and missing school for them to get a huge fine and thats not hard with them being on youtube/insta.

Doesnt seem like theres valid reason tbh. They just look like they're on holiday, before they called it a business trip when they went for the Hollister campaign. 2nd vacation in a month if they went Lapland in December. Also, Kaci's BFF flew out to surprise her today too and Sarah's family is there as well so maybe its a family thing. Clearly their school aren't strict on holidays, all they would have to do is have proof they're on holiday and missing school for them to get a huge fine and thats not hard with them being on youtube/insta.
Yeah I saw last night that Ava had flown out there too. Just seems really odd to me especially considering Kaci and Ava are in year 10 now so GCSE work will be starting. Our school didn’t even do overnight school trips in term time they were always in half term let alone being okay with people taking time off for holidays 😳

I'm not sure where they are but it could be more work for Hollister. If it's for work then the school would probably approve.

I'm not sure where they are but it could be more work for Hollister. If it's for work then the school would probably approve.
They're in Florida..
Last time they went in term time, they called it a work trip. Kaci keeps referring to this is a holiday and her friend is with her too, doubt she would come to watch them work. Sarah's sister and family are there too

It looks like a holiday but maybe they have incorporated a holiday before any work as Joel’s sister is there and Ava - tbh I’ve heard both Joel and Sarah day more than once they don’t feel school is overly important as neither of them did great in school etc...plus the fines the school would issue will be affordable to them I imagine with the money they are earning 😂

Yeah I saw last night that Ava had flown out there too. Just seems really odd to me especially considering Kaci and Ava are in year 10 now so GCSE work will be starting. Our school didn’t even do overnight school trips in term time they were always in half term let alone being okay with people taking time off for holidays 😳

It looks like a holiday but maybe they have incorporated a holiday before any work as Joel’s sister is there and Ava - tbh I’ve heard both Joel and Sarah day more than once they don’t feel school is overly important as neither of them did great in school etc...plus the fines the school would issue will be affordable to them I imagine with the money they are earning 😂
Yeah, they could take on the fine no problem however if the school involve the courts, it could become very serious. They either have a special relationship with the school and could potentially take a tutor/hire a tutor once there to teach work that is missed or they just don't care.
I think everyone should encourage education regardless if they did well themselves, such a silly mindset imo.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.