Dad V Girls #2 Obsessed with designer labels, Advertisements and Sponsorships

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh gosh I feel really bad for saying this but I can’t stand grace. Honestly I don’t know why but she just annoys me. I feel bad as she’s only 13 but for the past year, all her revealing clothes, the way she pouts in videos, constantly coming across as copying Kaci has really got to me. She definitely acts older than she is. Like please explain why a 13 year old needs to strut the streets of Kingston in a lace bodysuit and not wear a bra underneath.
Ps: she always looks a bit musty to me🙈 probably where she’s constantly got greasy hair and spotty face. The spots are probably there cause of her oily face caused by the greasy hair and she needs to ‘train’ her hair. Her room is always messy too. You know you’re gonna take pics or record tiktoks in there. The least you could do is tidy up a bit without coming across as a messy ass teenager. Thing is I really didn’t mind her when she was young but as she’s got older i don’t know.. every little thing she does just gets on my nerves.
also constantly acting like she knows everything- I’ve actually come to like kaci😂 but grace just no
she probably just hit puberty and that’s the reason for spots- not an ‘oily face’ even kaci has some acne
what obligation does she have to wear a bra?

Reactions: 9
Fair enough if you don't like her, but saying she looks 'musty' and commenting on her spots isn't really called for. She's 13, what teenager doesn't have spots? She's probably self conscious enough without someone mentioning it.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I actually really enjoyed their recent video, not much mention of money or anything designer for once. As for grace - as annoying as it may be, it’s more or less inevitable that she will try and copy Kaci. Her being a younger sister means that she will want to be like Kaci even subconsciously. Maybe her outfit was a bit inappropriate but she’s growing up in the social media, love island age, as an ‘influencer’, so most people she sees on Instagram will undoubtedly be wearing similar. Her school friends all likely dress and act like her. We are forgetting that she is a young teenager, so for the ‘posing’ - surely we all did cringey things like that at 13, which we now regret?

Reactions: 11
Commenting on a child’s appearance in a negative way is never okay. I’m not their biggest fan at all, but it doesn’t sit right with me reading comments about a child’s appearance, Grace is only 13. We were all 13 once and I remember the states I went out looking like at 13 because I thought I was so grown up. I also think it’s lovely that she gets to have a party, as they explained, Grace knows it’s her birthday party so it’s no different to the extravagant parties Kaci has. It will be a nice celebration before the new addition arrives.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm personally really enjoying Grace being more confident in front of the camera, you can see how far she's come and more comfortable she is in the last year. Her growth on the channel has definitely been lovely to watch. Are her clothing styles questionable? Maybe to some people but my outfit choices at that age were too, I was finding myself and experimenting with clothes, makeup, hair etc. When I ask my mum why she let me wear that, she's said it wasn't worth the argument to stop me. Let her be a teenager.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I dont know why but the latest gas food 24 hour video really wound me up when they were opening the windows in the car wash there was just no need for such stupid actions 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I would never comment on someone’s appearance, weight etc. Specifically things that you can’t change or help. I worry about Grace’s outfits but only because she’s plastered all over the internet. I mean I looked a mess probably at that age and went through a stage of flashing the flesh for sure but then that was before the age of Instagram and creepy messages/comments etc. Grace will be 14 shortly and legally old enough to have an Instagram not ran by parents.
Its considered inappropriate to film a child in a swimsuit etc. I mean we all wore swimsuits in public but not on the internet.

Reactions: 5
Spots are completely normal and natural and no one should feel embarrassed or ashamed about them.

Personal comments like that are just unkind.

Spots are not a reflection of your hair or skin type either, they are just a part of life and everyone gets them at some point.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I love how Grace doesn’t feel the need to hide them and is comfortable wearing no makeup. Definitely good to see if you’re going through the same thing that she’s not acting like it something to feel ashamed of or hide. I mean she doesn’t have them badly by any means. Just normal teenage skin that 99% of her age group probably get.

Spots are completely normal and natural and no one should feel embarrassed or ashamed about them.

Spots are not a reflection of your hair or skin type either, they are just a part of life and everyone gets them at some point.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I dont feel like Grace copies Kaci at all lol - They have COMPLETELY different styles as evidenced in their latest few videos. Grace is heavily influenced by Tiktok imo - the outfits, the blonde hair, the dances, the face thing she does. It's all from TikTok and my 14-year-old cousins are doing the bloody exact same! Its crazy but it's just one of those things, she is still a very young girl and finding out what she likes and experimenting!

Reactions: 11
To be fair I did say I felt bad before I even wrote the grace message. It’s just my opinion and honestly I’ve seen worse comments on this website about 13 year olds or younger. Yes she’s a teenager so it’s normal to have spots. Spots ain’t something to be hiding however we all know that oil build up in the hair can contribute to breakouts and it’s going all over the face. If I was her sister or friend And knew she was self conscious but knew she kept training her hair and that I’d recommend her to stop. Someone said something about wearing a bra?? Well she’s 13 and her body is changing. I don’t know about your lots upbringing but soon as I started to grow into a woman’s body I had family members left right and centre telling me I need to start wearing Bras. Everyone here knows the society that we live in today. So many nasty men and even women walking the streets looking at young girls breasts. She does not dress appropriately for her age regardless she was wearing a bra or not hence why her socials are always banned. I’m trying not to come across as rude but honestly I thought this was a site to express your opinion. I said I think she copying Kaci and I’ve got people laughing and saying they’ve got different styles. They do… but there’s just some things that I think grace wouldn’t even care about if Kaci didn’t. Go ahead and cancel me cause I called a 13 year old musty. Let me remind you lot it’s a site to express your opinion😴

To be fair I did say I felt bad before I even wrote the grace message. It’s just my opinion and honestly I’ve seen worse comments on this website about 13 year olds or younger. Yes she’s a teenager so it’s normal to have spots. Spots ain’t something to be hiding however we all know that oil build up in the hair can contribute to breakouts and it’s going all over the face. If I was her sister or friend And knew she was self conscious but knew she kept training her hair and that I’d recommend her to stop. Someone said something about wearing a bra?? Well she’s 13 and her body is changing. I don’t know about your lots upbringing but soon as I started to grow into a woman’s body I had family members left right and centre telling me I need to start wearing Bras. Everyone here knows the society that we live in today. So many nasty men and even women walking the streets looking at young girls breasts. She does not dress appropriately for her age regardless she was wearing a bra or not hence why her socials are always banned. I’m trying not to come across as rude but honestly I thought this was a site to express your opinion. I said I think she copying Kaci and I’ve got people laughing and saying they’ve got different styles. They do… but there’s just some things that I think grace wouldn’t even care about if Kaci didn’t. Go ahead and cancel me cause I called a 13 year old musty. Let me remind you lot it’s a site to express your opinion😴
not Going to argue but it might be hormonal acne! not just oils.
dress however she likes at home but maybe something modest for social media?

Reactions: 1
@Reanne2409 I fully appreciate you can say what you want and it's absolutely you're right to do so, but I still stand by it's not really called for and shouldn't be said. I do agree and think she's definitely influenced by Kaci a lot. As someone said earlier, where's the Grace that donates money to charity on a shopping challenge? I think as well she's not just surrounded by Kaci liking designer items but her whole family, it must be difficult to not get influenced when your parents are also just as obsessed with designer items.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think Grace is very easily influenced by those around her. Weather its her own family, peers or social media. We constantly hear her asking Kaci for advice and she always want to know what the other children at school are wearing.

Although I suspect that not every child's family can afford the expensive, branded bags and clothes this family can. So I think she is trying to fit in with a very small group of people. Who I really hope are not judgemental towards others who cant afford the same expensive items! I am not saying they are, I am just saying I hope there not.

It is your choice weather you want to be influenced by those around you and grace has chosen to follow the crowd which I don't always think is the best idea.

I think its really important to have your own views, opinions and do what you want rather than what everyone else is doing.

There have been occasions where Grace has wanted something and Kaci has told her not to get it because no one else uses it. Such as the lunch box and white board she wanted in WHSmith.

Most other children are brought up not worry about what other people are doing and to just be themselves. I find it strange how we never hear Sarah and Joel say this to the girls in these kind of situations where Kaci is telling Grace is 'Fit in' essentially with the other kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think Grace is very easily influenced by those around her. Weather its her own family, peers or social media. We constantly hear her asking Kaci for advice and she always want to know what the other children at school are wearing.

Although I suspect that not every child's family can afford the expensive, branded bags and clothes this family can. So I think she is trying to fit in with a very small group of people. Who I really hope are not judgemental towards others who cant afford the same expensive items! I am not saying they are, I am just saying I hope there not.

It is your choice weather you want to be influenced by those around you and grace has chosen to follow the crowd which I don't always think is the best idea.

I think its really important to have your own views, opinions and do what you want rather than what everyone else is doing.

There have been occasions where Grace has wanted something and Kaci has told her not to get it because no one else uses it. Such as the lunch box and white board she wanted in WHSmith.

Most other children are brought up not worry about what other people are doing and to just be themselves. I find it strange how we never hear Sarah and Joel say this to the girls in these kind of situations where Kaci is telling Grace is 'Fit in' essentially with the other kids.
They are a family obsessed with labels, I don’t think they have the thought process to not worry about these things - its all very shallow

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yeah the parents are obsessed with the same stuff as Saffron Barker and the same labels that generation are wearing. I say generation but what I mean is the “rich kids” that can afford Palm Angel etc.

They are a family obsessed with labels, I don’t think they have the thought process to not worry about these things - its all very shallow

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yeah the parents are obsessed with the same stuff as Saffron Barker and the same labels that generation are wearing. I say generation but what I mean is the “rich kids” that can afford Palm Angel etc.
Palm angels tops are so expensive they are paying £245 for a top they can get for £10-£20 at other places

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.