Dad V Girls #2 Obsessed with designer labels, Advertisements and Sponsorships

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow. A 13 year old getting a belly button piercing?!! Now that seems ridiculous to me. Most people i know were only JUST allowed at 16. 13 seems extremely premature to me

• Angry
Reactions: 18
Wow. A 13 year old getting a belly button piercing?!! Now that seems ridiculous to me. Most people i know were only JUST allowed at 16. 13 seems extremely premature to me
It is very innapropriate!

I think Sarah and Joel try to hard to be their daughters friends rather than being a parent, they are far to accepting of things.

There is so much responsibility when it comes to a belly button piercing they can easily become infected. Grace even said in one of her videos that her school does not allow more than one set of ear piercings. So in order for Grace to have this piercing they are going against the school as well. I highly doubt the school policy includes belly button piercings that would be a safety issue in regards to P.E.

With everything going on in regards to certain male influencers Joel and Sarah should be doing all they can in order to protect their young daughters not letting them get piercings that will make them appear far older than they are!

• Angry
Reactions: 4
It is very innapropriate!

I think Sarah and Joel try to hard to be their daughters friends rather than being a parent, they are far to accepting of things.

There is so much responsibility when it comes to a belly button piercing they can easily become infected. Grace even said in one of her videos that her school does not allow more than one set of ear piercings. So in order for Grace to have this piercing they are going against the school as well. I highly doubt the school policy includes belly button piercings that would be a safety issue in regards to P.E.

With everything going on in regards to certain male influencers Joel and Sarah should be doing all they can in order to protect their young daughters not letting them get piercings that will make them appear far older than they are!
At the end of the day its just a piercing. I question alot of Sarah and Joel's parenting choices but this one seems more 'normal' to me. Alot of my friends had belly buttons pierced when I was at school and Im assuming she will keep it covered at school. Her having her belly button done is no reason why creepy men should go for her. Creepy men go for young girls because of how their brain works, nothing to do with how a girl looks/dresses 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 40
At the end of the day its just a piercing. I question alot of Sarah and Joel's parenting choices but this one seems more 'normal' to me. Alot of my friends had belly buttons pierced when I was at school and Im assuming she will keep it covered at school. Her having her belly button done is no reason why creepy men should go for her. Creepy men go for young girls because of how their brain works, nothing to do with how a girl looks/dresses 🤷🏻‍♀️
We will have to disagree on this one, I don't agree with it at all.

Your right creeps will target people regardless of how they look and dress. However why draw attention to something like a belly button piercing and make it easier? She is a 13 year old girl being brought up on the internet. Were you and your friends brought up in that way? Did your friends parents vlog their children getting piercings and put it on youtube?

That is the difference.

This is not just an ear piercing it's a belly button that makes her appear a lot older than she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
She is a 13 year old girl
I have to agree. The key point is - she’s 13. I have no issue with belly button piercings, but it’s undeniable that they are known more as an older piercing. This doesn’t mean more sexual, but it’s just a fact that they’re intended for older teenagers

Reactions: 7
I have to agree. The key point is - she’s 13. I have no issue with belly button piercings, but it’s undeniable that they are known more as an older piercing. This doesn’t mean more sexual, but it’s just a fact that they’re intended for older teenagers
That is exactly what i mean.

I don't have anything against piercings or tattoos either but 13 is really young and you could tell by the way she reacted in the video that she was not ready for that kind of piercing. They are also well known for having a high infection rate!

Reactions: 2
kids right now are growing up so fast, this is the normal now.

If you think a belly button is “sexual” thats very strange.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
We will have to disagree on this one, I don't agree with it at all.

Your right creeps will target people regardless of how they look and dress. However why draw attention to something like a belly button piercing and make it easier? She is a 13 year old girl being brought up on the internet. Were you and your friends brought up in that way? Did your friends parents vlog their children getting piercings and put it on youtube?

That is the difference.

This is not just an ear piercing it's a belly button that makes her appear a lot older than she is.
I think there would be an issue if it was a nipple piercing but its just a belly button. Obviously my friends and I weren't brought up on youtube but noone ever saw it as something sexual. It was just the 'in thing' when we were teenagers.

Reactions: 14
kids right now are growing up so fast, this is the normal now.

Are you directing this at me or are you just saying it I'm confused? You gave the 'angry' emotion to my previous comment so I don't know if you agree or disagree with me.

Reactions: 1
Not sure who this is targeted at, but i said and i quote ‘this DOESN’T mean more sexual’. It’s nothing to do with how sexual it is, 13 is just young. Sure, it could be due to society, or kids growing up fast, but whatever the reason, 13 is undeniably too young for that kind of thing

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think there would be an issue if it was a nipple piercing but its just a belly button. Obviously my friends and I weren't brought up on youtube but noone ever saw it as something sexual. It was just the 'in thing' when we were teenagers.
I never said it was a 'sexual' thing in any of my comments neither do I see it as one.

What I mean is they have aloud Grace to get a piercing which is normally something that you get when you are a bit older and I know that some people do get them at the same age as Grace but the majority of people aren't in the public eye like she is.

There are a lot of bad things that have and are still happening in regards to certain people on Youtube.

We all know that she is only 13 but other people may not know that and I just feel like Sarah and Joel aren't being as protective as they perhaps should be.

My daughter got her belly button done at 13 it’s not a massive deal in this day n age it’s no worse than ear piercing she asked we told her to save she did so we took her she is15 now n getting her nose pierced in the next few weeks which she has also saved for

Reactions: 20
Really not impressed by their click baiting of saying Grace ‘passed out’, they’re a popular family on YouTube and can easily get views without this pointless exaggeration

Reactions: 10
I don’t see any issues with them letting grace get her belly button pierced. I have a very strict dad who only let me get my firsts pierced and so I resulted to try and pierce myself (it didn’t work and I will be going out to get my helix pierced by a professional) so imo it’s better to have parents who are willing to let their kids do these things rather than not and causing their children to result to diy methods. They even said that if you decide you don’t want a piercing any more you can just take it out and the worst that’ll happen is you’ll have a tiny scar. I agree they are very materialistic and things like buying their kids whatever they want whenever they want isn’t something I agree with but this is the one thing I think is good about their parenting method. I do think they should make their girls work a little bit for all the things they get. Instead of just giving in maybe they could get them to wait till their next birthday or Christmas or say they have to get a certain mark/grade in school. Maybe that’s help them calm Chloe down a bit if they tell her she has to behave to get toys. I know their children are the reason the channels so successful but they can’t just grow up feeling completely entitled to everything. One day they might not have all of this.

Reactions: 8
I don’t see any issues with them letting grace get her belly button pierced. I have a very strict dad who only let me get my firsts pierced and so I resulted to try and pierce myself (it didn’t work and I will be going out to get my helix pierced by a professional) so imo it’s better to have parents who are willing to let their kids do these things rather than not and causing their children to result to diy methods. They even said that if you decide you don’t want a piercing any more you can just take it out and the worst that’ll happen is you’ll have a tiny scar. I agree they are very materialistic and things like buying their kids whatever they want whenever they want isn’t something I agree with but this is the one thing I think is good about their parenting method. I do think they should make their girls work a little bit for all the things they get. Instead of just giving in maybe they could get them to wait till their next birthday or Christmas or say they have to get a certain mark/grade in school. Maybe that’s help them calm Chloe down a bit if they tell her she has to behave to get toys. I know their children are the reason the channels so successful but they can’t just grow up feeling completely entitled to everything. One day they might not have all of this.
We all clearly have very different opinions on this situation which is fine it's intersting to see things from other peoples perspective and try and understand there reasoning behind things, I can understand why you feel this way.

I wouldn't say I have strict parents but they have always tried to educate me. There are certain things they agree with and and there are certain things they don't. They have always been very open and honest with me about there reasoning behind things and I respect that it isn't always what I want to hear but I know that they only ever want whats best for me.

I just feel like Joel and Sarah don't like saying no because they fear that their children may resent them if they don't agree with something.

Reactions: 5
Ok I’ve not watched the full video yet but that’s a next to me snuz pod for babies and it’s the snuz pod for which is the new one 👀 so maybe another clue that Sarah’s pregnant (this is where you all tell me they explain it later on in the video 😂)

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Ok I’ve not watched the full video yet but that’s a next to me snuz pod for babies and it’s the snuz pod for which is the new one 👀 so maybe another clue that Sarah’s pregnant (this is where you all tell me they explain it later on in the video 😂)
I didn't know what it was but I have just googled it!

She did say her friend was pregnant... But maybe it is her! Maybe the box Joel keeps talking about it something to do with a baby!

I had my belly button pierced at 18. I wanted it done at 16 but my parents said no, so as soon as I went to uni I got it done. As I stopped showing my stomach off as much as I got older, I took it out but it never really heeled. I decided to put it back in the other day as I do still think it looks pretty but it is very sore and painful as I haven’t had it in for years. I’ve never stopped liking the look of it though, I just found it caught on some clothing and was uncomfortable. It is not that in fashion now. Hardly anywhere do the bars.
I personally wouldn’t get or allow a facial piercing. I was really shocked when Mia Fizz got her nose pierced.I think it can really go against you in some job situations and if you take it out then what’s the point but that’s just me.

Reactions: 5
I had my belly button pierced at 18. I wanted it done at 16 but my parents said no, so as soon as I went to uni I got it done. As I stopped showing my stomach off as much as I got older, I took it out but it never really heeled. I decided to put it back in the other day as I do still think it looks pretty but it is very sore and painful as I haven’t had it in for years. I’ve never stopped liking the look of it though, I just found it caught on some clothing and was uncomfortable. It is not that in fashion now. Hardly anywhere do the bars.
I personally wouldn’t get or allow a facial piercing. I was really shocked when Mia Fizz got her nose pierced.I think it can really go against you in some job situations and if you take it out then what’s the point but that’s just me.
I wanted a tongue piercing I still really like the look of them but my parents have managed to successfully put me off getting it done through fear of getting an infection. Plus I am allergic to both silver and gold and can't even wear earrings:ROFLMAO:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.