Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bourb0nbiscuits

Chatty Member
I love Ritz crackers I eat them plain & can easily finish a box 🐽 or cream crackers with marge or the poppy seed crackers from tescos & Morrisons

Reactions: 3

sassquatch23

This is interesting. I do think most crisps don't taste nearly as nice as they used to, but I had put that down to my tastebuds getting older!

I had noticed this too, but again thought that maybe my taste buds had changed or that I wasn’t correctly remembering how they tasted.
I also thought that maybe it was due to food needing to be “healthier” than when I was a kid, but can totally see it being a cost-saving measure and using lower-quality ingredients. I long for the taste of a 90s Frazzle - so much salt and bacon flavour you could barely taste the crisp. Now i’ll open a pack and most of them will be plain in comparison.
---
In my attempt to be a bit healthier I've found cutting out crisps is v.difficult. However, the Proper Chips lentil curls in barbecue flavour are a very tasty and crunchy alternative. If anyone's interested they're 66 cals a pack :)
Yessss love a lentil curl! Considering they’re healthy they’re so tasty. I like the sour cream and chive ones :love: the Aldi/Lidl ones are good too and are nice and cheap

• Heart

Tea and Toast

Chatty Member
Salt and vinegar are my favourites. Especially these bad boys
View attachment 1986624
The beef discos were my favourite 👌🏽

I also love pickled onion monster munch ( perfect hang over cure with a flat full fat coke)

Walkers sensations chicken and thyme

Walkers prawn cocktail flavour

Anyone remember a waffle like crisp ( kind of like a puffed up shreddie) chicken in a basket flavour?
---
Oh I've just remembered, there is a spanish brand "Torres" bloody expensive at almost £5 a bag, but they do a fried egg flavour. . Bloody delicious 👌🏽
Im a big fan of popcorn too . .
Love the sweet and salty

Last edited:

Lynno77

View attachment 1993787

Co-op Irresistible Salt & Vinegar are amazing, nice and strong, strip the lining vibes.

Golden Wonder Salt and Vinegar, same, super strong and good price.

McCoy's, can't go wrong there.

Walker Thai Sweet Chilli Sensations, god tier crisp and I'm not prepared to listen to any argument against this, well, except the price they charge for them these days. 😆

Love a good walkers prawn cocktails or pringles prawn cocktail, don't think anyone else does a good prawn for my taste.

Walkers Worcester Sauce were great, think they've stopped making them though. 😩
Lidl had good dupes of the Walkers Sensation crisps before Xmas. I haven't checked since if they still have them but at one point they were 79p so I stocked the crisp cupboard right up!

Lynno77

Crisp disappointment today folks...tried Lidl Deluxe Blue Stilton with Red Onion & Thyme crisps. They are hand cooked so have a lovely texture but disappointed with the flavour, which was barely anything

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
I’m quite partial to a cheeselet, and a treeslet at Christmas 😅 I’m fussy about cheese flavoured crisps, I can’t stand wotsits, but I like quavers, cheeselets, cheese and onion
---
Walkers Max Jalapeño and Cheese are my fave crisps atm. So addictive. I love them with sour cream to dip. 🤤

Also like the Combo Mix bags from M&S.
Sour cream & jalapeño, salt & vinegar and the salt & black pepper. The Aldi versions (party mix) are quite good too.
Ooooooh yes love these too 🤪

Last edited:
  • Heart

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
Just had the Ikea plain potato crisps, surprisingly moreish. Finished the big bag on my drive home during traffic stops.

pixxyy

VIP Member
just had lidl roast chicken and thyme, they say new so not sure how long they've been out
taste like the old style sensations before they got ruined with the lemon.

kev1974

VIP Member
Christmas pudding flavour will be one of those stupid ones that they know doesn't really taste like it but they'll sell loads to idiots like me that have to try it

• Haha

justonemorepage

VIP Member
I'm currently pregnant and crisps are the only thing that ease my nausea 🙈 so far I'm finding Squares to be the best. But I love a prawn cocktail crisp.

• Heart

no-no

VIP Member
I tried Pipers wild thyme and rosemary crisps recently, they’re savoury perfection. I want to try their jalapeño and dill next.