Crisps and savoury snacks

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies if there is a thread for this but as a crisp lover would love to hear everyone’s favourites and how they enjoy them (with dips or whatever)
I’m also the saddo that goes on holidays and has to check the local crisp selection 😂
I usually love anything salt and vinegar, Frazzles, sour cream and chive pretzels, and pickled onion anything. I’m also very partial to a bread roll with loads of butter and walkers tomato sauce crisps.
Would love to hear your suggestions!

Reactions: 23
Walkers sensations balsamic vinegar and caramelised onion for life.
Tayto cheese and onion.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve found my people ❤

The COOP sea salt and Chardonnay vinegar crisps are elite, best salt and vinegar crisp on the market.

I agree the Penn State sour cream and chive pretzels are addictive, so much flavoured powder on them they leave you begging for a Peroni to wash it down.

My favourite low cal crisp is the hula hoop puffs in beef flavour. 71 cals, a good crunch to them, very beefy.

The Aldi range of flavoured dried peas/corn/nut bags are always a hit with us. Especially the sriracha ones at 99p, lots of spice to them. Great to nibble on whilst you’re making dinner!

ETA; I ALWAYS go to the supermarket abroad, I’ll spend ages in the crisps/savoury snack bit as well as the booze. Can’t beat being on the beach with your paprika crisps, or pretzel sticks and a can of Fanta limon/local beer!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve heard a few people mention the co-op crisps. Need to get down there asap for a bag 😍

Reactions: 1
Jacobs salt and vinegar cracker crisps are my all time favourites

Jacobs crinkly crisps are also good in cheese and onion, s&v and chilli beef

Pickled onion & flamin’ hot monster munch

Nice and spicy nik naks

Worcester sauce walkers! M&S do really nice worcester sauce crisps too

Also the M&S honey, mustard & onion pretzel bites are divine, they are kind of like crisps

Pickled onion & prawn cocktail walkers also deserve an honourable mention. As do s&v and prawn cocktail pringles

I like dipping Asda own bacon bites into hummus 😋

I’ve never been abroad to try different types of crisps 😔 and I’ve never tried co op crisps! but there is going to be a Co op opening by mine soon so i will be all over the crisps when it opens

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Walkers Max Jalapeño and Cheese are my fave crisps atm. So addictive. I love them with sour cream to dip. 🤤

Also like the Combo Mix bags from M&S.
Sour cream & jalapeño, salt & vinegar and the salt & black pepper. The Aldi versions (party mix) are quite good too.

Anything that is nice dipped in houmous. I tried the Eat Real creamy dill chips recently and they were 😍 M&S truffle and olive oil are nice and Tesco Finest beef and horseradish are weird but moreish. I try and get unusual flavours but still love Tyrell’s salt and vinegar. Also tend to buy big bags on offer now because they’re cheaper and you get bigger crisp than in a multipack.

Reactions: 3
I like the McCoys ridged cheese and onion best, but Lidl’s own version is good too, or Lidl’s multigrain bites in ready salted, yum - very similar to Walkers Sunbites. Popchips are nice, too.

I really dislike salt-and-vinegar flavour crisps.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Jacobs salt and vinegar cracker crisps are my all time favourites

Jacobs crinkly crisps are also good in cheese and onion, s&v and chilli beef

Pickled onion & flamin’ hot monster munch

Nice and spicy nik naks

Worcester sauce walkers! M&S do really nice worcester sauce crisps too

Also the M&S honey, mustard & onion pretzel bites are divine, they are kind of like crisps

Pickled onion & prawn cocktail walkers also deserve an honourable mention. As do s&v and prawn cocktail pringles

I like dipping Asda own bacon bites into hummus 😋

I’ve never been abroad to try different types of crisps 😔 and I’ve never tried co op crisps! but there is going to be a Co op opening by mine soon so i will be all over the crisps when it opens
The jacobs crinklys! How could I forget!! And the pretzel bites in M&S, I love the sesame and salt ones.

Controversial but I think Walkers are the worst crisps. Too thin, not enough flavour (other than the cheese and onion) and expensive for what they are!

Right well, I’m off to the shops.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Overseas lays paprika crisps and we always bring some home
Plain crisps here cheaper the better. Dip them in my tomato soup

• Heart
I like M&S plain pitta chips. I'm always moaning on the M&S thread that my local M&S usually doesn't have them in stock.

Reactions: 2
Overseas lays paprika crisps and we always bring some home
Plain crisps here cheaper the better. Dip them in my tomato soup
Love the paprika Lays! 😋

Also forgot about Taki’s and Snyder Pretzel Pieces (hot buffalo wing flavour is my fave) which you can get in the States but can be a bit trickier to find over here. I love spicy crisps, but also anything salt & vinegar. 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Years ago (I'm talking 2007!) They did hula hoops ridged (so crunchy and loud they could break ya teeth!) sour cream and chive and they were the BEST! If there's anything on the market that's similar let me know! 😅

Reactions: 2