COVID-19 vaccine #7 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now we're back I can tell what's been happening to me.

So, my new job role will require me having the second jab. I love my work and as much as I want to refuse the jab due to my last reaction, I want to work, so I'm going to have to give in.

I ring 119 to find out if I'm booking my second jab, or as its been 8mths if I have to start again. They confirm it will be a second jab.
I say briefly what happened after my 1st AZ and he says I need to speak to my GP (yeh right mate 🙄😂)
I say AZ isn't being given and he says is it is.

I give my surgery a ring, who confirm there's no AZ here anymore.. and this is where it gets interesting....

119 and my surgery agree that nowhere near me is giving second jabs and I'd have to travel nearly 15 miles.
Both agree that after my first bad reaction that this is a bad idea, but both can't give me anywhere closer to get my jab.

The places near me are only giving boosters, so I ask the surgery if I can get a second jab at these places. She says no as they're only giving boosters.

I say that the boosters are the same as the original jabs, and she stumbles, then says she'll check a patients files.. no name is ever given, and no confidentiality rules were broken!
She confirmed that the 3 jabs this particular person was given were exactly all the same brand, milligram and doseage.
I told her that Google tells you this, but even she was taken back and said that it then made no sense that a booster site would turn down anyone needing a first or second jab.

I sarcastically said how maybe its punishment for the unjabbed not getting jabbed quicker enough and laughed. I was expecting a curt reply, but she said.. " I think you might be right, because now seeing this, it makes no sense".

So after the briefing today promoting jabs, I have no idea how people are coming forward and getting them, and if this new variant is so bad why its being made so hard to access emergency medicine?

Reactions: 14

So, my new job role will require me having the second jab. I love my work and as much as I want to refuse the jab due to my last reaction, I want to work, so I'm going to have to give in.

I ring 119 to find out if I'm booking my second jab, or as its been 8mths if I have to start again. They confirm it will be a second jab.
I say briefly what happened after my 1st AZ and he says I need to speak to my GP (yeh right mate 🙄😂)

I give my surgery a ring, who confirm there's no AZ here anymore.. and this is where it gets interesting....

119 and my surgery agree that nowhere near me is giving second jabs and I'd have to travel nearly 15 miles.
Both agree that after my first bad reaction that this is a bad idea, but both can't give me anywhere closer to get my jab.

The places near me are only giving boosters, so I ask the surgery if I can get a second jab at these places. She says no as they're only giving boosters.

I say that the boosters are the same as the original jabs, and she stumbles, then says she'll check a patients files.. no name is ever given, and no confidentiality rules were broken!
She confirmed that the 3 jabs this particular person was given were exactly all the same brand, milligram and doseage.
I told her that Google tells you this, but even she was taken back and said that it then made no sense that a booster site would turn down anyone needing a first or second jab.

I sarcastically said how maybe its punishment for the unjabbed not getting jabbed quicker enough and laughed. I was expecting a curt reply, but she said.. " I think you might be right, because now seeing this, it makes no sense".

So after the briefing today promoting jabs, I have no idea how people are coming forward and getting them, and if this new variant is so bad why its being made so hard to access emergency medicine?
Would you consider citing an exemption from the second vaccination due to your reaction with the first one? Worth trying as I know someone else (not sure where you’re working but she’s in the nhs) and she reacted really badly to her first one and the gp said he had put it on her medical record that she’s had a poor reaction and that he couldn’t be confident how she would react to any more covid vaccines so it was up to her if she wanted to take the risk and her employer accepted that as an exemption!

Reactions: 12

My son had the same bother trying to book his first they told him it was only booster doses they were doing and he’d have to find a first jab site.

• Sad
Reactions: 4

Apparently if you have a bad reaction to any of the jobs you then become exempt and get a covid passport. i Would go down that route, especially as your dr has recommended it getting the second one.

Reactions: 5
Would you consider citing an exemption from the second vaccination due to your reaction with the first one? Worth trying as I know someone else (not sure where you’re working but she’s in the nhs) and she reacted really badly to her first one and the gp said he had put it on her medical record that she’s had a poor reaction and that he couldn’t be confident how she would react to any more covid vaccines so it was up to her if she wanted to take the risk and her employer accepted that as an exemption!
I'm not one to fake stuff, but even if I went a legitimate route and had my reaction my on my notes I think a GP would now say that I wouldn't be given AZ and that a reaction might not happen with Pfizer or Moderna, so I'd be back to square one

My son had the same bother trying to book his first they told him it was only booster doses they were doing and he’d have to find a first jab site.
It's ridiculous isn't it! Either that or a complete farce!

Apparently if you have a bad reaction to any of the jobs you then become exempt and get a covid passport. i Would go down that route, especially as your dr has recommended it getting the second one.
The Dr didn't. It was some guy on 119 and the Dr receptionist.

Reactions: 4

The boosters aren't the same as the original jabs?

My first two jabs were AZ, my booster was Moderna.

We
I'm not one to fake stuff, but even if I went a legitimate route and had my reaction my on my notes I think a GP would now say that I wouldn't be given AZ and that a reaction might not happen with Pfizer or Moderna, so I'd be back to square one

It's ridiculous isn't it! Either that or a complete farce!

The Dr didn't. It was some guy on 119 and the Dr receptionist.
It is , they also wouldn't book his 2nd jab told him to look about for a site nearer the time 🥴

The boosters aren't the same as the original jabs?

My first two jabs were AZ, my booster was Moderna.
And that's how they get called a booster.

A booster is a third jab of any kind, and it may be different from your first.

She read out each dosage to me. Each one this patient had was Pfizer and each one was the same milligram

It's 3 full shots, I tit you not!

Reactions: 6
And that's how they get called a booster.

A booster is a third jab of any kind, and it may be different from your first.

She read out each dosage to me. Each one this patient had was Pfizer and each one was the same milligram

It's 3 full shots, I tit you not!
That's right the Pfizer is the same dosage Moderna is a reduced third dose.

Reactions: 2
That's right the Pfizer is the same dosage Moderna is a reduced third dose.
Oh is that right? Maybe that's why us 1 jabbed can't just walk in. If they place is giving moderna then it won't be a correct dose if you've only had one jab.

My pop up place is giving Pfizer though, so I'm not seeing an issue 🤷🏼‍♀️

Can't say I haven't tried!

Reactions: 1
We

It is , they also wouldn't book his 2nd jab told him to look about for a site nearer the time 🥴
That's consistent with my experience, too. I had my first jab in March and was told to book my second jab nearer the time.

Reactions: 1
That's consistent with my experience, too. I had my first jab in March and was told to book my second jab nearer the time.
Mine was booked at the same appointment I had mine at my GPs surgery though.

Majid nawaz of lbc radio said aboriginal children are being forcibly jabbed and a caller to his show said they are being placed in concentration camps 😩
Man, the Australian state are savages.

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Big questions over safety yet they still be prescribe it in pregnancy

• Angry
Reactions: 2
Well well well what’s this we have, all of us being treated the same regardless of vaccine status who would have thunk it

That's a very good point. I thought vaccinated people didn't spread it so why do they have to wear masks?! 🙄

Reactions: 8
That's a very good point. I thought vaccinated people didn't spread it so why do they have to wear masks?! 🙄
No one yet knows with any certainty how effective the existing covid vaccine is against the Omicron variant, because it's a mutated form of the virus. So it's safer to assume they're not very effective against it by wearing masks in crowded places.

It's likely to take a couple of weeks before we know for sure, but if we delay taking any action till then and find out the vaccines aren't effective at that point, then you've lost two weeks and hence the mutated form will have been able to spread more easily.

It's safer to assume worst case scenario for now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.