COVID-19 vaccine #7 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unfortunately because of all the delays it will not be the same had they been treated earlier on. It breaks my heart that so many millions are in this position and many worse off.

Can I ask what relevance my age has or the people I know? I am not making it up. 🧐
Because older people are more likely to be ill from covid than younger people, I am 27 so the people I speak to are of similar age. If you are older and the people you are referring to are old then it would make more sense why they become ill as their immune system is not as strong as a younger person.

Reactions: 5
Can I ask how old are you and how old are these 2 people you know? I genuinely don’t know anyone that has been really ill from covid and anyone that I speak to about it also say they don’t know anyone that’s died or been ill.
I know a couple of people that died from it and I know people that were really ill from it ( not hospitalised ) I also know really ill people that had it will no effects at all it's a rare old disease.

Reactions: 6
Hope they were OK? It's rare for the unvaccinated to get it twice she was very unlucky and if ok very lucky too
She was very poorly the first time and on a ventilator. 2nd time (there was a year in between) she was hospitalised more out of precaution and whilst poorly she did not need any help with breathing.

Hopefully it means she will become even less poorly if she gets a third time? Her husband didn’t catch it both times!

Reactions: 1
Because older people are more likely to be ill from covid than younger people, I am 27 so the people I speak to are of similar age. If you are older and the people you are referring to are old then it would make more sense why they become ill as their immune system is not as strong as a younger person.
I am not that far off from your age. The two people I know are in the 48-50 age bracket. Are you questioning what I am saying?

Our school doesn’t wear masks or anything like that, just when parents are involved there is some things they aren’t allowed or are limited than usually would have been. For eg the Halloween disco for the younger children the parents were previously allowed to attend and help out etc but not this year. We’re allowed to go right into the classroom at drop off but I’ve friends in larger schools who had to drop kids at the outside gate and make their own way to the classroom even the youngest kids! We’ve been really lucky compared to most I guess
Our school has 55 children and we still aren't allowed in the playground!
No idea what's happening for our play, we were given the date today

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I am not that far off from your age. The two people I know are in the 48-50 age bracket.
I don’t really get how you could be *so* ill from covid if you are similar age to me? Unless you have a health condition or are really obese? I’m not accusing you of lying but have you thought about getting a privately paid full body mot to see if you have any underlying health conditions? Just if I caught it and was really ill I’d definitely want some tests done.

Can people stop arguing and trying to disrupt. Else the thread will get locked.

Moving on...

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Don’t know why you are so surprised as young and healthy people have been affected by Covid-19. I don’t have any underlying health conditions, nor am I obese. Unfortunately going private is not an option as it is expensive. I had a referral to a long covid clinic and will be sent for further tests. Probably in 10 years time with the way the NHS is at the moment.

If you tried to click on one of the posts that were quoted it would no longer be there.
It is not that expensive for a full body mot I had one 2 years ago for £470, if I were you I would get one. It’s rare for people in their 20s to become really ill from covid

16 days ago you posted on the dating thread you were single and miserable and you were running out of time to find anyone so you could have kids as you are in your late 30s. 1 hour ago you claim you are in a relationship. Been 8 years since I was last single but I’m pretty sure you don’t go from desperate single woman to stable relationship in 16 days 👍🏼

Some of mine and mensabarbies were deleted as she reported my replies to her to mods.
You need a good memory to be a good liar ;)...

• Haha
I don’t really get how you could be *so* ill from covid if you are similar age to me? Unless you have a health condition or are really obese? I’m not accusing you of lying but have you thought about getting a privately paid full body mot to see if you have any underlying health conditions? Just if I caught it and was really ill I’d definitely want some tests done.
I’m 35, was incredibly healthy, gym 5 times a week, no smoking limited drinking, healthy eating and yet 20 weeks after covid I still cannot breathe properly and am having repeated hospital tests to see what lasting damage I have. But once again I expect my experience to be undermined. Oh and before you all start blah blah I’m on my holidays I’m still sleeping 14 hours a day

• Sad
It is not that expensive for a full body mot I had one 2 years ago for £470, if I were you I would get one. It’s rare for people in their 20s to become really ill from covid
I’ll wait and see how long these appointments for more tests take. I don’t know if it is something genetic from parents. My mother is fit and healthy and my father was too.

I’ll wait and see how long these appointments for more tests take. I don’t know if it is something genetic from parents. My mother is fit and healthy and my father was too.
Go private, I am an NHS patient most of the time but if I want doctor/dentist appointments urgently and not willing to wait then I always go private

@Prefrontalmedialcortex do you have a stressful job or life in general? I’ve had bloods several times because someone can sneeze in my general direction and I get a cold for a fortnight. I have a chest infection every year without fail but there’s nothing actually wrong with me (kidney condition and endo aside). The GP put it down to having a demanding job, not getting enough sleep and being stressed etc all the time. Can weaken your immune system. Hope you get an appointment soon. I have a friend with long COVID and she’s really suffered.

Reactions: 2
If there was an audio version of this thread,

I feel like it would be a continuous loop of dial up WiFi failing to connect. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Wow, what have I just walked into?! It's like a bomb's gone off in here!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.