COVID-19 vaccine #7 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everyone deserves credit for doing their job, especially when it's as poorly paid as some NHS workers.

But we're not out there clapping for binmen throughout the pandemic.

The NHS is an institution which deserves to be respected and praised but the deification of it through the pandemic is weird, especially coming from the politicians in the Conservative party who have been cutting it to the bone over the past 11 years./
I work for the NHS and was utterly mortified by the clapping situation. We don’t need applause we need more money (especially when my job is to request it 😂)

Reactions: 7
This video misses the point and is a compilation of a handful of people. There is a steep learning curve with a global pandemic and we learn along the way. Things changed as the nature of the pandemic changed with the mutations and emerging variants.
I see you read the comments.

They said what they said, stop moving the goalposts! Stop saying they never said this, and that when the video clearly shows they did.

Reactions: 6
This video misses the point and is a compilation of a handful of people. There is a steep learning curve with a global pandemic and we learn along the way. Things changed as the nature of the pandemic changed with the mutations and emerging variants.
The dramatic music really sets it off. 😂

They better not cancel my daughters nativity it’s her first ever one and she’s my first child 😢😢 sorry to derail im just sick of this bullshit now 😞
Update for anyone who gives a duck. We’ve been told at the moment that 2 people only are welcome to attend the nativity play! And for the older children they’re running theirs over a number of days and each day a different year groups family can watch so they can distance it all in the assembly hall. Our school is quite tiny so that’s probably why they’re able to do this for us. Hope everyone else is able to attend theirs - you can never make these memory’s again

• Heart
Update for anyone who gives a duck. We’ve been told at the moment that 2 people only are welcome to attend the nativity play! And for the older children they’re running theirs over a number of days and each day a different year groups family can watch so they can distance it all in the assembly hall. Our school is quite tiny so that’s probably why they’re able to do this for us. Hope everyone else is able to attend theirs - you can never make these memory’s again
Exactly the same for my child's school. My partner and I have to go on separate days. 🤡 world.

• Sad
Exactly the same for my child's school. My partner and I have to go on separate days. 🤡 world.
Jeez ridiculous when the kids are mixing with each other anyway ,the wee ones love it too they're always so proud to see their family there 😂

I work for the NHS and was utterly mortified by the clapping situation. We don’t need applause we need more money (especially when my job is to request it 😂)
Exactly, it was pathetic. They need to start giving pay rises above inflation as an absolute minimum!

Reactions: 3
Jeez ridiculous when the kids are mixing with each other anyway ,the wee ones love it too they're always so proud to see their family there 😂
Yes I know and it's her first one. Something we'll never get back and we can't even enjoy it together as a family.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
You do like to enjoy it together can they not just invite half the parents one day and the rest the next 🤷‍♀️
Exactly I’m sure all the other parents would prefer that too it’s just getting silly now isn’t it. Who really benefits from this bullshit 😩

You do like to enjoy it together can they not just invite half the parents one day and the rest the next 🤷‍♀️
Tbh I haven't even asked them about it. I will speak to them next week but I'm sure it would make a blind bit of difference.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Exactly I’m sure all the other parents would prefer that too it’s just getting silly now isn’t it. Who really benefits from this bullshit 😩
You'd be sitting on your own , surely it makes sense to invite half of the families on consecutive days , are you allowed to film with child protection ?

Reactions: 2
Obviously I’ve made it clear on my stance on vaccines etc but now I’m really at the point of wanting to rebel. My family live in South Africa and I haven’t seen them for two years… finally booked to go in February and bam it goes on the red list for 59 cases of the new variant! Never mind that it’s clearly already over here anyway. My mental health is completely and utterly shot to pieces even before now… where does it end? When is it enough? Stop the world I want to get off!!!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
You'd be sitting on your own , surely it makes sense to invite half of the families on consecutive days , are you allowed to film with child protection ?
I’m not sure yet, I think most of our class have consented to photography and videos because we have an app and they send through videos and pictures of them throughout the day so I’m hoping for us they film even snippets of it as although we’re lucky the 2 of us can go her grandparents were really hoping they could of seen it so would love to show them pics and have them to look back on. They have took lots of pics at all the other events like their Halloween school disco and stuff so hopefully they will do the same for this if we can’t take our own ❤

• Heart
Obviously I’ve made it clear on my stance on vaccines etc but now I’m really at the point of wanting to rebel. My family live in South Africa and I haven’t seen them for two years… finally booked to go in February and bam it goes on the red list for 59 cases of the new variant! Never mind that it’s clearly already over here anyway. My mental health is completely and utterly shot to pieces even before now… where does it end? When is it enough? Stop the world I want to get off!!!
You have my full sympathy. My partners dad died a few weeks ago and my partners family wanted to fly to South Africa with his ashes as that's where he lived for most of his life but now they won't be able to. My dad lives in Cape Town and luckily managed to get back in that period it was off red to see us but any later and he would have been unable to. It's so cruel what they're doing to people's lives. Sending much love your way ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I’m not sure yet, I think most of our class have consented to photography and videos because we have an app and they send through videos and pictures of them throughout the day so I’m hoping for us they film even snippets of it as although we’re lucky the 2 of us can go her grandparents were really hoping they could of seen it so would love to show them pics and have them to look back on. They have took lots of pics at all the other events like their Halloween school disco and stuff so hopefully they will do the same for this if we can’t take our own ❤
Our schools usually send out a permission slip to ask parents if they have any objections ( nobody does) they just ask that it doesn’t be put on SM .

It ends when people start saying no and stop complying.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
But no one has ever said vaccinations completely prevent someone from getting Covid. However, they reduce the risk and, should you get it, they reduce the likelihood of someone having to be hospitalised or have serious complications, etc.

A friend of my mum's who's in her late 70s and doesn't have the best health recently contracted Covid but had no symptoms. It was only picked up because she was due an operation so she had to have a PCR test before being admitted to hospital. She's triple jabbed, having had her booster vaccine a few weeks ago. Now of course no one can categorically prove her vaccinations stopped her getting any symptoms, but it's certainly likely that they did.
I'm sorry but with respect this genuinely did make me laugh.
The double Dutch logic of a woman not even ill but being told she is ill through a test but don't worry she's symptomless because of vaccinations. Therefore we all need them or else .
The world has gone mad.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
The NHS does not need more money it is a dysfunctional organisation which wastes 10's billions every year. it is not fit for purpose

Reactions: 10
Very telling that none of the pro vaxxers on the thread have reacted or responded to MensaBarbie’s post where she has stated her mental health is seriously impacted by the current covid situation.
They will turn their back on you instantly if you start to question what’s happening in the world or say you are feeling done with it all. Lesson in there.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.