COVID-19 vaccine #7 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know someone who was banging pot n pans every week -looking to make sure everyone else was as well- who is now fully on board with their sacking. easily led by the nose by whatever media they watch or read.
I remember getting slated becasue I didn’t clap one night due to my at the time 2 year old son not settling for bed😅😅😅

I will never understand it, it’s a career path people have chosen to do.. like lawyers, social workers, the supermarkets, post man/women and shop workers etc but we never say we love them? Even though the majority of people still worked throughout the pandemic and got on with it! Now we are praising them for giving vaccinations when this is what they are trained to do?

Reactions: 13
Everyone deserves credit for doing their job, especially when it's as poorly paid as some NHS workers.

But we're not out there clapping for binmen throughout the pandemic.

The NHS is an institution which deserves to be respected and praised but the deification of it through the pandemic is weird, especially coming from the politicians in the Conservative party who have been cutting it to the bone over the past 11 years./

Reactions: 10
I remember getting slated becasue I didn’t clap one night due to my at the time 2 year old son not settling for bed😅😅😅

I will never understand it, it’s a career path people have chosen to do.. like lawyers, social workers, the supermarkets, post man/women and shop workers etc but we never say we love them? Even though the majority of people still worked throughout the pandemic and got on with it! Now we are praising them for giving vaccinations when this is what they are trained to do?

NHS is a propaganda tool and always has been, the governments like to advertise it as our jewel in the crown( when they have sold most of it off and treat those who work there (not office staff, consultants etc ) like tit why? because they want them to leave and go private so they can say it's not working and dispose of it. its another reason for mandating vaccines, they know many will leave, speeding up its end

Everyone deserves credit for doing their job, especially when it's as poorly paid as some NHS workers.

But we're not out there clapping for binmen throughout the pandemic.

The NHS is an institution which deserves to be respected and praised but the deification of it through the pandemic is weird, especially coming from the politicians in the Conservative party who have been cutting it to the bone over the past 11 years./
let's not forget Labours part in it and it's been a lot longer than 11 years.

Reactions: 12
Erm so one of our local care homes (who have avoided covid throughout this whole pandemic) have had an outbreak of covid even though all the staff and residents have had their mandatory vaccinations. Shows what a bleeping joke vaccine passports are. Im bewildered at this point seriously.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Erm so one of our local care homes (who have avoided covid throughout this whole pandemic) have had an outbreak of covid even though all the staff and residents have had their mandatory vaccinations. Shows what a bleeping joke vaccine passports are. Im bewildered at this point seriously.
No one can actually make it make sense, but the reason this tit carries on, is that so many will try to make it make sense

Reactions: 7
But no one has ever said vaccinations completely prevent someone from getting Covid. However, they reduce the risk and, should you get it, they reduce the likelihood of someone having to be hospitalised or have serious complications, etc.

A friend of my mum's who's in her late 70s and doesn't have the best health recently contracted Covid but had no symptoms. It was only picked up because she was due an operation so she had to have a PCR test before being admitted to hospital. She's triple jabbed, having had her booster vaccine a few weeks ago. Now of course no one can categorically prove her vaccinations stopped her getting any symptoms, but it's certainly likely that they did.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
But no one has ever said vaccinations completely prevent someone from getting Covid. However, they reduce the risk and, should you get it, they reduce the likelihood of someone having to be hospitalised or have serious complications, etc.

A friend of my mum's who's in her late 70s and doesn't have the best health recently contracted Covid but had no symptoms. It was only picked up because she was due an operation so she had to have a PCR test before being admitted to hospital. She's triple jabbed, having had her booster vaccine a few weeks ago. Now of course no one can categorically prove her vaccinations stopped her getting any symptoms, but it's certainly likely that they did.
What about those who were symptomless before the vaccines. What about those who are very ill even though they had the vaccines. The fact is, no one knows anything right now as nothing makes any bloody sense, but kid yourself if if makes you happy.

Reactions: 14

For god sake I knew there would be one. People are literally getting sacked for a vaccine that doesnt work, how are you okay with this? Surely you're just trolling at this point. It supposedly REDUCES the risk not STOPS the risk to therefore it should not be mandated because it clearly doesn’t work in that way effectively . Stop making excuses 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 17
We were never told vaccines STOP ❌ transmission. They REDUCE ✅ transmission, risk of severe illness/death. Why are people being told to stop kidding themselves/stop making excuses/to wake up…

Reactions: 3
We were never told vaccines STOP ❌ transmission. They REDUCE ✅ transmission, risk of severe illness/death. Why are people being told to stop kidding themselves/stop making excuses/to wake up…
Because “reducing” transmission is not good enough when it comes to people losing their livelihoods unfortunately.

Reactions: 13
For god sake I knew there would be one. People are literally getting sacked for a vaccine that doesnt work, how are you okay with this? Surely you're just trolling at this point. It supposedly REDUCES the risk not STOPS the risk to therefore it should not be mandated because it clearly doesn’t work in that way effectively . Stop making excuses 🤦🏼‍♀️
Where's your categoric proof that it definitely doesn't work? Numbers have stabilised and hospital admissions have reduced, even though we're in autumn and heading into winter. It's not a coincidence that that's happened alongside more people being vaccinated.

I'm not trolling - I'm giving my views. It's lazy implying someone who doesn't agree with you is automatically trolling.

Exactly. Or being called a troll just for saying that...

Reactions: 2

That's true for the person with the vaccine ,it still doesn't make a difference to vaccine passports as transmission still occurs and as we're seeing yet again it only takes one person to start a pandemic.

Reactions: 8
Where's your categoric proof that it definitely doesn't work? Numbers have stabilised and hospital admissions have reduced, even though we're in autumn and heading into winter. It's not a coincidence that that's coincided with more people being vaccinated.

I'm not trolling - I'm giving my views. It's lazy implying someone who doesn't agree with you is automatically trolling.

People seem to forget that the vaccines when trialled, were against the Alpha variant which was the dominant one at that time. At that point the vaccinations were working well. However, the Delta variant emerged and being a more infectious variant - the vaccines are not as effective as they were against the Alpha variant but do still reduce all of the above I mentioned.

Where's your categoric proof that it definitely doesn't work? Numbers have stabilised and hospital admissions have reduced, even though we're in autumn and heading into winter. It's not a coincidence that that's happened alongside more people being vaccinated.

I said it doesn’t work in the way of stopping transmission, it has still managed to rip through a care home when all staff are triple or double jabbed. Therefore mandating it makes absolutely 0 sense.

People seem to forget that the vaccines when trialled, were against the Alpha variant which was the dominant one at that time. At that point the vaccinations were working well. However, the Delta variant emerged and being a more infectious variant - the vaccines are not as effective as they were against the Alpha variant but do still reduce all of the above I mentioned.
And you seem to forget they are mandating something that doesn't work as they wanted.

And you seem to forget they are mandating something that doesn't work as they wanted.
What happens if this new variant is as bad as they feared will they be happy to let these people carry on and look after the vulnerable and sick :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Because most people are familiar with a vaccine completely innoculating you against the effects of a disease eg. in the case of smallpox so people think it means you are immune to it even though that isn't case - because they're not used to this kind of vaccine.

Honestly maybe they should not even have called it a vaccine.

Because most people are familiar with a vaccine completely innoculating you against the effects of a disease eg. in the case of smallpox so people think it means you are immune to it even though that isn't case - because they're not used to this kind of vaccine.

Honestly maybe they should not even have called it a vaccine.
I see your point. We weren’t ever told this vaccine is 100% effective or that it will stop Covid-19 and make it go away. The vaccine was a measure to reduce it alongside the other guidelines.

Reactions: 1
Just a memory refresher.

This video misses the point and is a compilation of a handful of people. There is a steep learning curve with a global pandemic and we learn along the way. Things changed as the nature of the pandemic changed with the mutations and emerging variants.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.