COVID-19 vaccine #7 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Update for anyone who gives a duck. We’ve been told at the moment that 2 people only are welcome to attend the nativity play! And for the older children they’re running theirs over a number of days and each day a different year groups family can watch so they can distance it all in the assembly hall. Our school is quite tiny so that’s probably why they’re able to do this for us. Hope everyone else is able to attend theirs - you can never make these memory’s again
It sounds pretty tit. I imagine it is very disheartening as a parent .. thought things had gone back to normal in schools. No masks, no social distancing, isolations, class bubbles etc. 🙁

I work in mental health. How do you propose we pay for the exponential rise in referrals due to covid?
it needs a huge overhaul. So much is wasted. I really hope that one day it will be done and everyone can once again have a health care system to be proud of.

Reactions: 6
It sounds pretty tit. I imagine it is very disheartening as a parent .. thought things had gone back to normal in schools. No masks, no social distancing, isolations, class bubbles etc. 🙁
Our school doesn’t wear masks or anything like that, just when parents are involved there is some things they aren’t allowed or are limited than usually would have been. For eg the Halloween disco for the younger children the parents were previously allowed to attend and help out etc but not this year. We’re allowed to go right into the classroom at drop off but I’ve friends in larger schools who had to drop kids at the outside gate and make their own way to the classroom even the youngest kids! We’ve been really lucky compared to most I guess

Reactions: 2
Obviously I’ve made it clear on my stance on vaccines etc but now I’m really at the point of wanting to rebel. My family live in South Africa and I haven’t seen them for two years… finally booked to go in February and bam it goes on the red list for 59 cases of the new variant! Never mind that it’s clearly already over here anyway. My mental health is completely and utterly shot to pieces even before now… where does it end? When is it enough? Stop the world I want to get off!!!
I do hope things change in the coming weeks and it will not turn out to be as bad as what they are initially thinking. I don’t see a lockdown happening in the UK 🤞🏻 We are in a much better position than we were this time last year.

• Heart
Very telling that none of the pro vaxxers on the thread have reacted or responded to MensaBarbie’s post where she has stated her mental health is seriously impacted by the current covid situation.
They will turn their back on you instantly if you start to question what’s happening in the world or say you are feeling done with it all. Lesson in there.
I’ve been separated from my family for a year, missed out on important events and I’ve been quarantined twice. All of these impacted my mental health - some in a big away, others less. I still think getting the vaccine is a good idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Very telling that none of the pro vaxxers on the thread have reacted or responded to MensaBarbie’s post where she has stated her mental health is seriously impacted by the current covid situation.
They will turn their back on you instantly if you start to question what’s happening in the world or say you are feeling done with it all. Lesson in there.
You have a very distorted way of thinking/seeing things…creating something out of nothing. Who will turn their back on who? Just because people are pro vaccine or cautious it doesn’t mean they are numb to things happening around them or numb to people and their feelings. There are days where I feel like I am done with the world and with people just as so many others are. I wasn’t able to see my family for over a year during the first year of the pandemic and I reached the lowest of the low. The last thing I want is a lockdown.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
You have a very distorted way of thinking/seeing things…creating something out of nothing. Who will turn their back on who? Just because people are pro vaccine or cautious it doesn’t mean they are numb to things happening around them or numb to people and their feelings. There are days where I feel like I am done with the world and with people just as so many others are. I wasn’t able to see my family for over a year during the first year of the pandemic and I reached the lowest of the low.
If you feel that way then stop going along with it all because it will never end. WE have the control but there are too many of us willingly going along with this crap, just look at how many people voted for domestic passports on the thread poll, this way of thinking needs to stop or you will never get your old life back, sorry!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Our school doesn’t wear masks or anything like that, just when parents are involved there is some things they aren’t allowed or are limited than usually would have been. For eg the Halloween disco for the younger children the parents were previously allowed to attend and help out etc but not this year. We’re allowed to go right into the classroom at drop off but I’ve friends in larger schools who had to drop kids at the outside gate and make their own way to the classroom even the youngest kids! We’ve been really lucky compared to most I guess
It seems to vary in different schools. Not being able to drop your child off into the classroom is hard especially as some children have separation anxiety.

Do we really have to respond to every single post we read otherwise get judged as some kind of horrible or uncaring individual?

If you feel that way then stop going along with it all because it will never end. WE have the control but there are too many of us willingly going along with this crap, just look at how many people voted for domestic passports on the thread poll, this way of thinking needs to stop or you will never get your old life back, sorry!
I am entitled to be pro vaccine and be cautious, that does not mean I go along with everything. I do what I feel is best for myself. This doesn’t make me a sheep or someone that needs to wake up or the government’s number one fan. I cannot stand a single politician that is running this country, they’re all twats and need to be thrown in the bin.

I did vote for passports for travel in the hope that would negate the need for quarantine etc which has now been brought in for the exact part of the world that I’m due to go to very shortly to see my family. I refuse to support any more lockdowns etc but I will not change my stance on the vaccines as I see that as a completely separate issue. I’ve worked in research for long enough to be assured by my decisions. And as Maggie once said (despite my aversion to the Conservative party) the ladies not for turning….

I am not saying that you all have to be anti covid vaccine for this to end but you absolutely have to be anti vaccine passport, anti lockdown and anti mandated vaccines.

Reactions: 6
I am not saying that you all have to be anti covid vaccine for this to end but you absolutely have to be anti vaccine passport, anti lockdown and anti mandated vaccines.
You don’t know who is what and what is who. You automatically come to the conclusion that everyone is what you list above.

Reactions: 3
You don’t know who is what and what is who. You automatically come to the conclusion that everyone is what you list above.

I am referring to the people that voted for it in the poll, which there are obviously a lot of on this thread whether they are an active poster or just a lurker.

I did vote for passports for travel in the hope that would negate the need for quarantine etc which has now been brought in for the exact part of the world that I’m due to go to very shortly to see my family. I refuse to support any more lockdowns etc but I will not change my stance on the vaccines as I see that as a completely separate issue. I’ve worked in research for long enough to be assured by my decisions. And as Maggie once said (despite my aversion to the Conservative party) the ladies not for turning….
While I have every sympathy for your situation and I know how soul-destroying it is, vaccine passports mean I can't see my friends and family abroad even though vaccinated people could be traveling with the virus. And you seem to think this is ok?

Reactions: 4
Anyone who voted for the passports for everyone, knowing full well that means mandatory vaccinations. deserves everything that comes. I'm not a vindictive person but I will stand by that.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think there will be another UK lockdown in the next 3 months I have already seen it being discussed online as a way do deal with this new variant. It would be very interesting to see how many would go along with another. Part of me hopes it happens as it will be a big wake up call for a lot of people.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
This “new variant” all over the news is literally grooming us for another lockdown. Its going to be an endless cycle until people stop complying.

Reactions: 9
I honestly don’t even want to hear a single person whinging about lockdown or restrictions if they are pro mandate/passports etc.

You are literally allowing them to do this to us. Want it to stop? Stop bleeping accepting it. Don’t put your hand on the fire then wonder why you are burned.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.