COVID-19 vaccine #7 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had dealing with the NHS in the past year. All fine, given there's a pandemic. As has my son.
My sister has had chemotherapy and radiotherapy and thankfully her latest scan is clear.
My brother in law has had surgery. Successful.
My pregnant friend had her partner with her when she gave birth, though not I think for scans.

Do you want me to go on?

Reactions: 1
I've had dealing with the NHS in the past year. All fine, given there's a pandemic. As has my son.
My sister has had chemotherapy and radiotherapy and thankfully her latest scan is clear.
My pregnant friend had her partner with her when she gave birth, though not I think for scans.

Do you want me to go on?
Well that’s good for you and your family but spare a thought for those that have not been so lucky.

Reactions: 9

Do you want me to go on?
This thread might be more helpful for those of you wanting to discuss your nhs experiences hope this helps.

Reactions: 7
You specially said you like giving good feedback where it’s due that’s why I commented. I don’t believe anyone else has posted with the intention of giving feedback about the nhs because this thread usually discusses the vaccines and associated vaccine experiences which while has mentioned users experiences it’s not been about feedback negative or positive 😀
To be fair, I also give negative feedback where I feel it's due. I didn't say that here, but happy to clarify now for avoidance of doubt. :D

And I'd also like to point out my feedback about my experience was in the same post as the following comment:

"I had my booster vaccine this afternoon. It was Moderna (I had AZ as my first two) and I had to wait 15 mins before leaving. (Which feels like a long time when you're sat there. 😂 )"

So it was an addendum to my posting about having the booster vaccine. On a thread dedicated to discussion about the vaccination.

Yes, my vaccine booster and 'flu jags yesterday went very smoothly, but that 15 minutes seemed like a LONG time.
I'm sure there are complaints and negative feedback, and I feel sorry for those who have suffered. There are also many positive experiences.

Reactions: 2
. I can see why people who don't get ill often etc don't want this jab.
at last! Someone understands! Thank you, thank you, thank you! What a balanced view you have as well, I've missed seeing balance and perspective, I wish more pro vaccine people could have the outlook you do 🙏 (y)👏

Reactions: 17
Hope he is okay and hope that the majority who choose to get the vaccine/booster have a better experience and correct procedures are followed.
Thank you , I have to say he didn't have a bad experience just a very risky one ,someone not fully trained administering it and no post vaccine monitoring when it clearly states on the PIL that you have to be monitored for 15 min ,especially those with allergies ....On a separate note it also states that 1in 1000 will experience bells palsy which I think is quite high do you know what the risk is from the other vaccines ( he had Moderna btw).

Reactions: 5
Yes, my vaccine booster and 'flu jags yesterday went very smoothly, but that 15 minutes seemed like a LONG time.
I'm sure there are complaints and negative feedback, and I feel sorry for those who have suffered. There are also many positive experiences.
One of my friends is terrified of what she thinks are people in authority (in her head she’s still 8 😂). At her vaccine clinic they would tell you when your 15 mins was up and they forgot to tell my friend and she sat for 45mins too scared to speak up 😂😂😂 She could thankfully laugh at herself after got the power to leg it from the vaccine clinic 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Thank you , I have to say he didn't have a bad experience just a very risky one ,someone not fully trained administering it and no post vaccine monitoring when it clearly states on the PIL that you have to be monitored for 15 min ,especially those with allergies ....On a separate note it also states that 1in 1000 will experience bells palsy which I think is quite high do you know what the risk is from the other vaccines ( he had Moderna btw).
That’s what I mean when I said better experience. As in someone who is properly trained in administering the vaccine and procedure of waiting 10-15 mins post vaccine.

Are you asking me personally what the risk is from other vaccines? (I don’t really know the answer to this).

Last edited:
That’s what I mean when I said better experience. As in someone who is properly trained in administering the vaccine and procedure of waiting 10-15 mins post vaccine.

Are you asking me personally what the risk is from other vaccines?
Yeah have you seen anything in your scientific studies on the risk of Bell's from the other Covid vaccines ?

I can't make up my mind whether some posters are being deliberately obtuse sometimes or ...?
It's the complacency in this country, UK, that depresses me. Most people aren't bothered about things unless it affects them. And trying to have a serious discussion in this country seems impossible.
I'm lucky that my job isn't at risk, although my life is drastically different as I normally spend the winter months abroad and now I'm not allowed in. In my real life nobody cares about my vaccine status but at the same time nobody seems to care about care workers and NHS staff losing their jobs or what's happening in Austria etc and that scares me.
I don't know if it's connected to the huge amount of prescription drugs we as a nation consume but we really are dumbed down Britain . Keep on the subjects of Bake off, football, soaps, favourite biscuit and celebrities and you will get their interest.
On a side note my scared of covid hermit mum had such a bad reaction to her 1st jab she said she would rather die than have the others. And she hasn't. Whereas my dad sailed through his 3.
My niece told me yesterday that she is thinking of shaving her hair off as so much has fallen out since her 1st vaccine. Her doctor said it was stress and told her to get her 2nd jab. She says she isn't stressed. She also had awful period problems.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
They’re studies accessible to everyone, they’re not mine. As I said above it is not something that I have looked into in very much.
I know that but I find scientific studies boring .I thought you may have seen something as you're interested in that type of thing rest assured if I had of put some on the thread there's plenty would try to debunk them ,sorry for asking will not bother you again .

I know that but I find scientific studies boring .I thought you may have seen something as you're interested in that type of thing rest assured if I had of put some on the thread there's plenty would try to debunk them ,sorry for asking will not bother you again .
No need to apologise, you’re not bothering me! I can take a look now and post links here.

Have you spoken to anyone that’s been to hospital or dealt with the NHS in the last year? A&E waiting times up to 12 hours, can’t get doctors appointments for over a month, telephone appointments only, partners of pregnant women were not allowed to attend scans or appointments even if it involved miscarriages, cancer treatments cancelled, operations cancelled, smear tests cancelled, do you want me to go on?
I got an appointment for an issue I had within a week.

NHS is by no means perfect (but what isn't after 10 years of Tory neglect) but I still prefer it to the alternatives.

No it's fine honestly I'll have a look later when I've time but thanks anyway.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00273-5/fulltext

- As of March 21, the Yellow Card-reported frequency of facial paralysis or paresis and facial nerve disorder after any dose was close to 23 per million with the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and 13 per million with the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine. Excluding reports of facial paralysis cross-listed with cerebrovascular accident, EudraVigilance data indicate a much higher frequency of facial paralysis after the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine than after the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine (497 vs 56 cases or 13·6 vs 4·1 per million doses as of April 3). The risk of developing facial paralysis could be two to three times higher in individuals receiving mRNA vaccines than in those receiving traditional vaccines. These findings should be considered when selecting a vaccine for patients with a history of Bell's palsy.

More boosters for the Israelis cases on the rise yet again kids accounting for half of them
499B5833-0898-4743-8EA5-62C5488B141C.jpeg
D76560C0-99EC-4254-9F03-592BDC636712.jpeg

This time next month it’s Christmas Eve this year has flown by 🎅🏻

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.