COVID-19 vaccine #7 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even as someone who is double jabbed and pro vaccine in general I find people who are pro vaccine mandate or people losing their jobs over it intensely weird. NHS staff are people with bodily autonomy too, how can patients trust that their right to autonomy and dignity will be respected in the NHS if we show them how willing we are to strip the same rights from those treating them?
Agree. People should not be losing jobs or medical treatment over this. I'd be very concerned if my job was askin me about my vaccination history or requiring a vaccine mandate over a new job.

I also think it is wildly unprofessional for medical professionals to be moaning about unvaccinated people in ICU etc.
Disagree. People can post what they like on their private social media accounts. Especially if these accounts are only for friends and family.

It's a personal choice not to have a jab and should be handled in exactly the same way as obesity related diseases, prolific smokers who get lung cancer, people who have accidents during dangerous sports - by the provision of appropriate medical treatment free from judgement. Surely even for other pro vaccine people there has to be a line and vaccine mandates/people losing their job for non-compliance crosses it?
Agree.

So, it's not a propaganda tweet, just a tweet with a film of someone falling asleep while on guard duty? Misinterpreted by the poster here as relating to covid. 🤷🏻‍♀️
That may depend on how it was initially framed when linked before being posted here, and how covid versus pneumonia versus respiratory diseases in general might have been categorised, confirmed denied etc with the potential of hiccups in translation.

That said, all we know for sure is that a uniformed person fell over on camera.

Reactions: 1
Disagree. People can post what they like on their private social media accounts. Especially if these accounts are only for friends and family.
I understand your point however it's not really 'private' anymore if people who see it, like yourself, then go and tell everyone 'the nurses I know are furious that people aren't vaccinated' which is kind of the point. The NMC guidance on social media use (https://www.nmc.org.uk/globalassets/sitedocuments/nmc-publications/social-media-guidance.pdf) explicitly says 'do not post anything on social media that does not recognise individual choice' and reminds nurses that even social media accounts with strict privacy settings have limitations. Not to mention medical professionals on social media may have friends and family who themselves are not vaccinated, which they should consider before posting opinions like that.

Reactions: 10
So, it's not a propaganda tweet, just a tweet with a film of someone falling asleep while on guard duty? Misinterpreted by the poster here as relating to covid. 🤷🏻‍♀️
No it was tweeted by Chinese accounts back in January 2020 saying it was a reaction to covid-19. The poster doctorwibble actually just made that up about it being a guard falling asleep because they refuse to believe the propaganda, and you are believing them because it also suits your agenda even though they have said it’s a reaction to covid.

Reactions: 3
No it was tweeted by Chinese accounts back in January 2020 saying it was a reaction to covid-19. The poster doctorwibble actually just made that up about it being a guard falling asleep because they refuse to believe the propaganda, and you are believing them because it also suits your agenda even though they have said it’s a reaction to covid.
I didn't make anything up.

I watched the clip and typed a summary of what it showed.

Articles from January 2020, many ‘collapsing’ due to covid in Wuhan. Or did they all just fall asleep in the middle of the street @Doctor_Wibble? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ing-videos-claim-people-collapsing-Wuhan.html

I didn't make anything up.

I watched the clip and typed a summary of what it showed.
No, you made it up because absolutely nowhere does it say that the man is a guard and he fell asleep? It literally says he fainted from a reaction to covid, why are you denying that these stories were coming out of China?

Reactions: 3
I understand your point however it's not really 'private' anymore if people who see it, like yourself, then go and tell everyone 'the nurses I know are furious that people aren't vaccinated' which is kind of the point. The NMC guidance on social media use (https://www.nmc.org.uk/globalassets/sitedocuments/nmc-publications/social-media-guidance.pdf) explicitly says 'do not post anything on social media that does not recognise individual choice' and reminds nurses that even social media accounts with strict privacy settings have limitations. Not to mention medical professionals on social media may have friends and family who themselves are not vaccinated, which they should consider before posting opinions like that.
At the end of the day it's free speech and sharing of a news article about unvaccinated people in ICUs and people are allowed to post what they want.

It's probably why they are on private accounts and not public - and sharing of the news article gets the vibe across without actually condemning everyone directly. For all I know they could just not have any anti-vaccination people allowed to follow these accounts.

The other camp are apparently allowed to say what they want at any time about being anti-vaccination with limited evidence/training (the code, paragraph 6 part of it).

Articles from January 2020, many ‘collapsing’ due to covid in Wuhan. Or did they all just fall asleep in the middle of the street @Doctor_Wibble? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ing-videos-claim-people-collapsing-Wuhan.html
Videos *claiming to show*, which even the DM admits it was unable to verify.

No, you made it up because absolutely nowhere does it say that the man is a guard and he fell asleep? It literally says he fainted from a reaction to covid, why are you denying that these stories were coming out of China?
Person in dark coat with white writing on it, standing next to an entrance, coat is shown to have big writing on the back, maybe this is something they do for patients over there, leave them loitering outside?
Or do we look at what can be seen?
Where in the tweet does it mention covid?

At the end of the day it's free speech and sharing of a news article about unvaccinated people in ICUs and people are allowed to post what they want.
I’m sorry but they aren’t. That’s literally why all the medical professional regulators have guidance on social media use and they’re very strict about it precisely so that some HCPs don’t undermine trust in their professions through misguided posts.

Reactions: 8
If I moaned about my job/customers in a way that I was personally identifiable - I would be sacked, because it's wildly unprofessional. And I just work in an utterly pointless shop. So no, you aren't allowed to just 'post what you want', or indeed, you are, but you have to accept you might pay a price for that. Even more so when your job is actually of serious importance like NHS workers. We all get fed up and have a whinge, but you can't be running your mouth on a public platform about the very people you are entrusted to protect. Regardless of what you think about their life choices.

Alot of people seem to be ok with judgement when it's towards other people, but it won't stop here. What about when you are judged for a choice you've made, by the people who are supposed to be caring for you? This is why we don't do it. None of us are perfect, we are all liable to judgement.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Videos *claiming to show*, which even the DM admits it was unable to verify.

Person in dark coat with white writing on it, standing next to an entrance, coat is shown to have big writing on the back, maybe this is something they do for patients over there, leave them loitering outside?
There’s more than that video there were hundreds coming out of China with people all collapsing, warning us to take this virus seriously, then all of a sudden after we have implemented lockdowns in the west, these videos come to a halt and China is back to normal? I’m yet to see any videos of anyone collapsing from covid in a country other than China in early 2020, I asked another member on the thread to post proof of this and they send pictures of bodies lying on the ground, why can’t you just admit it never happened, it was propaganda

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m sorry but they aren’t. That’s literally why all the medical professional regulators have guidance on social media use and they’re very strict about it precisely so that some HCPs don’t undermine trust in their professions through misguided posts.
And how is a private Instagram account where there's no public indication that the person even is a medical professional breaching that at all?

And how is a private Instagram account where there's no public indication that the person even is a medical professional breaching that at all?
Why does it matter if they are private or public? They are a professional and using their public account to spout biased views that involves their line of work. Doesn’t matter if it’s to 10k people on Instagram or just you’re friends and family.

Reactions: 8
You’ve identified them as nurses. I’m assuming their followers know they’re nurses. Unless they literally go through all their followers to ask if they’re pro vaccine or not, its an incredibly foolish thing to do. Not to mention they’re also relying on the discretion of those followers to not do things like, go on forums saying ‘the nurses I follow are furious at the unvaccinated.’ So yet another another reason why it’s a stupid thing for them to do, because people can screenshot it and make it available.

Reactions: 12
You’ve identified them as nurses. I’m assuming their followers know they’re nurses. Unless they literally go through all their followers to ask if they’re pro vaccine or not, its an incredibly foolish thing to do. Not to mention they’re also relying on the discretion of those followers to not do things like, go on forums saying ‘the nurses I follow are furious at the unvaccinated.’ So yet another another reason why it’s a stupid thing for them to do, because people can screenshot it and make it available.
So how comes posters who express an anti-vaccination opinion are allowed to come on here and say "Hey the nurses I know are against vaccinations etc.". Genuinely curious as to why this is different? In principle to me it seems like it would be the same as it's still offering health advice, and spreading opinions onto forums to spread what they are saying. Which has happened already several times in this thread.

So how comes posters who express an anti-vaccination opinion are allowed to come on here and say "Hey the nurses I know are against vaccinations etc.". Genuinely curious as to why this is different? In principle to me it seems like it would be the same as it's still offering health advice, and spreading opinions onto forums to spread what they are saying. Which has happened already several times in this thread.
I haven’t said anyone is allowed or not allowed to do anything. You said medical professionals you know are posting that they’re furious about the unvaccinated on their own social media accounts, which is not at all analogous to someone coming on here and saying ‘oh some (unidentifiable) doctor I know is anti vaccine.’ The nurses you know are identifying themselves to have an opinion by posting it on their accounts. You then defended that by saying it’s private - I am simply pointing out to you, in line with the NMC guidance, how easily and quickly ‘private’ opinions advertised on ‘private’ social media accounts become public. It’s also not about health advice, the health advice is you make your own choice so as a nurse, not display that you’re ‘furious’ at those who have made what you consider to be the ‘wrong’ one.

Reactions: 12
I find it very telling that some posters are always talking about "sides" and now we have "the other camp".
Seriously, grow up.
People are not bothered who has the vaccine, they just want the right to choose and the right to not have restricted lives or be sacked for "making the wrong choice".

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think you need to give your head a wobble @Doctor_Wibble and stop talking in riddles.

You made some apparent joke, which obviously leads to the spread of misinformation, and the ensuing confusion - you see how easily it can happen?

Screenshot_20211124-161827_Samsung Internet.jpg

The first reply to the tweet contains the translation :)

My own remarks were me trying to make sense of what or who might be behind this 'covid propaganda', whatever that is supposed to be.
The tweet translation (attached again for reference) refers to a 'wuhan pneumonia patient' - I think based upon a time when fearmongering propaganda was coming out of China, and a respiratory disease originating from Wuhan was at the centre of it all - we can safely assume they are insinuating Covid.

All we can see is a man falls over. The rest is pure speculation. The tweet was posted, I assume to prove China were up to all sorts trying to spread fear and misinformation.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I had my booster vaccine this afternoon. It was Moderna (I had AZ as my first two) and I had to wait 15 mins before leaving. (Which feels like a long time when you're sat there. 😂 )

I was very impressed with how well run the whole thing was and it was much busier than I'd been expecting! There was me thinking there'd be one nurse giving boosters every 10 mins or so, but there were at least four working simultaneously. They, along with all the check-in staff, were very efficient and friendly. The NHS is great. 💕

I had my booster vaccine this afternoon. It was Moderna (I had AZ as my first two) and I had to wait 15 mins before leaving. (Which feels like a long time when you're sat there. 😂 )

I was very impressed with how well run the whole thing was and it was much busier than I'd been expecting! There was me thinking there'd be one nurse giving boosters every 10 mins or so, but there were at least four working simultaneously. They, along with all the check-in staff, were very efficient and friendly. The NHS is great. 💕
Glad you experience was a good one. 💉 I wonder if they’ll be giving boosters to under 40’s in the next few months.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.