COVID-19 vaccine #7 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had my booster vaccine this afternoon. It was Moderna (I had AZ as my first two) and I had to wait 15 mins before leaving. (Which feels like a long time when you're sat there. šŸ˜‚ )

I was very impressed with how well run the whole thing was and it was much busier than I'd been expecting! There was me thinking there'd be one nurse giving boosters every 10 mins or so, but there were at least four working simultaneously. They, along with all the check-in staff, were very efficient and friendly. The NHS is great. šŸ’•
My son had the opposite experience ,a trainee vaccinator and no 15 minute wait this was at a pharmacy . Heā€™s got a dead arm atm hopefully thatā€™s al

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
My son had the opposite experience ,a trainee vaccinator and no 15 minute wait this was at a pharmacy . Heā€™s got a dead arm atm hopefully thatā€™s al
Of course the pro vax will only have glorious experiences while getting it done though, as if they are going to come on the thread and say it was awful šŸ˜‚

They could be lying in bed sweating with heart palpitations and theyā€™d be on tattle like ā€˜all good guys!ā€™

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Of course the pro vax will only have glorious experiences while getting it done though, as if they are going to come on the thread and say it was awful šŸ˜‚
To be fair, I could write:
" Of course the anti vax will only post bad experiences they've heard of others while getting it done though, as if they are going to come on the thread and say it was great šŸ˜‚"

Works both ways...

I suspect you wouldn't be giving me a thumbs up reaction if I did, though. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
To be fair, I could write:
" Of course the anti vax will only post bad experiences they've heard of others while getting it done though, as if they are going to come on the thread and say it was great šŸ˜‚"

I suspect you wouldn't be giving me a thumbs up reaction if I did, though. ;)
The experiences Iv had while taking my children to be vaccinated have been fine, not really anything Iā€™d sing praises about because itā€™s been standard. I just canā€™t really under stand the ā€˜I love the NHS šŸ’•šŸ’•ā€™ mindset, seems a bit culty

I mean this is why weā€™ve devolved into ā€œsidesā€ so to speakā€¦ šŸ˜‚
Well, indeed. If we're going to talk about 'sides', I'd like to think the other side (not my phrase) would at least have the good grace to agree I've got a point there. I'll wait...

They could be lying in bed sweating with heart palpitations and theyā€™d be on tattle like ā€˜all good guys!ā€™
Tbf it was over in seconds I couldnā€™t believe they let a trainee do it and then just sent him on his way with a list of side effects what if he had of took a reaction on the way home he has allergies šŸ™„

• Sad
The experiences Iv had while taking my children to be vaccinated have been fine, not really anything Iā€™d sing praises about because itā€™s been standard. I just canā€™t really under stand the ā€˜I love the NHS šŸ’•šŸ’•ā€™ mindset, seems a bit culty
I said "the NHS is great" because I've had lots of experience with them. Not just the vaccine, but my Dad had cancer in 2019/2020 and I took him to all his chemo appointments. Every experience we had was brilliant and I just like giving good feedback where it's due. The same way I'd say good things to other people about a good meal out, etc.

Reactions: 1

I am pro vax but my vaccine experiences were both not good tbh. First one I was waiting absolutely ages and had a dead arm for several days. Second one knocked me sick. I expected it as I'm so sickly in general that's mainly why I wanted the jab - I can only imagine what actual COVID would do to me if that's how I found the vaccines. I will say though I think it's unhelpful for people to say things like 'oh my arm only hurt for a bit.' Part of an informed choice is knowing what side effects you might get and I will be the first to say the second one in particular was very unpleasant. I can see why people who don't get ill often etc don't want this jab. I have never had flu in my life, a few years ago I had a flu jab and was really ill, haven't had another one since. Would rather take my chances with that one.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I said "the NHS is great" because I've had lots of experience with them. Not just the vaccine, but my Dad had cancer in 2019/2020 and I took him to all his chemo appointments. Every experience we had was brilliant and I just like giving good feedback where it's due. The same way I'd say good things to other people about a good meal out, etc.
Thatā€™s great you and your family have only had positive experiences with the NHS but thatā€™s really not the case for most people and I would go as far as saying itā€™s one of the worst healthcare services in the world, obviously you wonā€™t agree with that at all as I get the vibe youā€™re one of those people that worship the state.

Reactions: 3
I am pro vax but my vaccine experiences were both not good tbh. First one I was waiting absolutely ages and had a dead arm for several days. Second one knocked me sick. I expected it as I'm so sickly in general that's mainly why I wanted the jab - I can only imagine what actual COVID would do to me if that's how I found the vaccines. I will say though I think it's unhelpful for people to say things like 'oh my arm only hurt for a bit.' Part of an informed choice is knowing what side effects you might get and I will be the first to say the second one in particular was very unpleasant. I can see why people who don't get ill often etc don't want this jab. I have never had flu in my life, a few years ago I had a flu jab and was really ill, haven't had another one since. Would rather take my chances with that one.
I don't think it's "unhelpful" for people to accurately and honestly describe the side effects they had (or lack thereof). It's up to people to do their own research and it doesn't take much to find both good and bad experiences.

With respect if you want to give feedback to the nhs I donā€™t think tattle is going to be the best place. Most hospitals have a comment and complaint section and that way you can be sure your feedback will reach the people you want to thank as well as the service as a whole. Iā€™ve had many positive experiences with the nhs and Iā€™ve worked for them for 8 years but Iā€™ve also have many bad experiences too. One thing that is apparent is itā€™s a lucky dip on the service youā€™ll receive.

I hope your son does ok with the vaccine @monga that sounds ridiculous they didnā€™t keep him the 15 mins more so because of his allergies!!

Reactions: 8
Hope he is okay and hope that the majority who choose to get the vaccine/booster have a better experience and correct procedures are followed.

Last edited:
Hope he is okay and that the majority who choose to get the vaccine/booster have a better experience and correct procedures are followed.
How do you know that? Has there been polls done to ask people how they felt with getting vaccinated and side effects from getting it? Just the majority of people Iv spoke to have said they felt terrible after it especially the second dose. I think thereā€™s only a couple of people that Iv spoke to about it that have said they felt fine with no side effects.

Reactions: 2
How do you know that? Has there been polls done to ask people how they felt with getting vaccinated and side effects from getting it? Just the majority of people Iv spoke to have said they felt terrible after it especially the second dose. I think thereā€™s only a couple of people that Iv spoke to about it that have said they felt fine with no side effects.
Before you jump to conclusions - it was meant to read ā€˜hope that the majorityā€¦ā€™ What I was saying is that I hope people mostly have a better experience in terms of the vaccine being administered by someone who knows what they are doing, followed by correct procedures such as waiting for 10-15 mins.

Have edited the post and added the word I forgot.

With respect if you want to give feedback to the nhs I donā€™t think tattle is going to be the best place. Most hospitals have a comment and complaint section and that way you can be sure your feedback will reach the people you want to thank as well as the service as a whole. Iā€™ve had many positive experiences with the nhs and Iā€™ve worked for them for 8 years but Iā€™ve also have many bad experiences too. One thing that is apparent is itā€™s a lucky dip on the service youā€™ll receive.

I hope your son does ok with the vaccine @monga that sounds ridiculous they didnā€™t keep him the 15 mins more so because of his allergies!!
Yes thank you, I'm aware there are official ways of giving feedback about the NHS. :) I made one comment that I thought the NHS was great - which is feedback about them - not directly to them.

No one seems to mind people giving negative feedback about them in this thread (which I'm fine with too). Yet I don't see anyone else telling them tattle isn't the best place for said feedback...

Thatā€™s great you and your family have only had positive experiences with the NHS but thatā€™s really not the case for most people and I would go as far as saying itā€™s one of the worst healthcare services in the world, obviously you wonā€™t agree with that at all as I get the vibe youā€™re one of those people that worship the state.
How do you know that?

Yes thank you, I'm aware there are official ways of giving feedback about the NHS. :) I made one comment that I thought the NHS was great - which is feedback about them - not directly to them.

No one seems to mind people giving negative feedback about them in this thread (which I'm fine with too). Yet I don't see anyone else telling them tattle isn't the best place for said feedback...
You specially said you like giving good feedback where itā€™s due thatā€™s why I commented. I donā€™t believe anyone else has posted with the intention of giving feedback about the nhs because this thread usually discusses the vaccines and associated vaccine experiences which while has mentioned users experiences itā€™s not been about feedback negative or positive šŸ˜€

How do you know that?
Have you spoken to anyone thatā€™s been to hospital or dealt with the NHS in the last year? A&E waiting times up to 12 hours, canā€™t get doctors appointments for over a month, telephone appointments only, partners of pregnant women were not allowed to attend scans or appointments even if it involved miscarriages, cancer treatments cancelled, operations cancelled, smear tests cancelled, do you want me to go on?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.