COVID-19 vaccine #6 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I lose my taste when I get the cold. Who cares?
I really think this pandemic has shown how easily things can be completely blown out of proportion through the powers of subliminal messaging. For most other viruses the symptoms are just accepted as part of being sick. Get a bug = lose your smell and taste = life. Whereas with Covid, everything is made out to be the unthinkable. It's the same as how people say they are "seriously ill and god forbid what would have happened if (I) wasn't vaxxed!" while sitting on Tattle. Hun, the flu makes you sicker.

Reactions: 13
I really think this pandemic has shown how easily things can be completely blown out of proportion through the powers of subliminal messaging. For most other viruses the symptoms are just accepted as part of being sick. Get a bug = lose your smell and taste = life. Whereas with Covid, everything is made out to be the unthinkable. It's the same as how people say they are "seriously ill and god forbid what would have happened if (I) wasn't vaxxed!" while sitting on Tattle. Hun, the flu makes you sicker.
Scientists have identified that colds impact smell/taste differently and is much less severe.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Boo hoo. So does having your business closed due to months of lockdowns, but I’m sure being able to taste your dinner is more important than families being able to pay bills and feed their kids.

Why is your business more important than another persons sense of taste and smell?

• Haha
Yea, nothing that we were asking about in the first place, funny that 🙄
Already said what I was referring to in my original posts. You are the one who keeps going on about Wuhan. I merely pointed out that there were plenty of photos showing bodies/body bags/ill people around the world.

If you don’t believe that China made those videos for fear propaganda then I have no words. Sorry but I just refuse to believe anyone can watch that and believe it 😂
But you easily believe a graph and post it when it was shown that it was false. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Scientists have identified that colds impact smell/taste differently and is much less severe.
There is a very vast amount of people, more so than from the bleeping virus, who have been severely negatively impacted from the restrictions around this pandemic - e.g. job and housing losses, deaths from non Covid illnesses because of not being able to access healthcare, severe implications for mental health and suicide rates, elderly people left to die alone in care homes because their relatives can't visit or people getting into criminal trouble because they had a coffee in a public park and the police decided it wasn't "essential enough", the list goes on.

I'm sorry if I care more for them than enforcing totalitarianism so that less (in your eyes not mine) people will be affected by the virus and god forbid lose their taste/smell and have their social lives affected!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Already said what I was referring to in my original posts. You are the one who keeps going on about Wuhan. I merely pointed out that there were plenty of photos showing bodies/body bags/ill people around the world.

But you easily believe a graph and post it when it was shown that it was false. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Because you can’t answer the question you implied you could.

I want your credible source about the claims of people dropping dead or unconscious in an instant from covid? As I have said before this has only been seen in China and the rest of the world had a cough and loss of taste.
@Prefrontalmedialcortex this is what the question was. nothing about body bags or ill people, it was specifically about people dying instantly dropping dead. It was fake news that’s why there is no evidence of it happening anywhere else in the world. Covid is more like the flu if you’re gonna die from it you’ll probably be bed bound for days or even weeks before. Not out a walk and suddenly collapse dead and oop it’s covid.

Reactions: 7
Because you can’t answer the question you implied you could.

@Prefrontalmedialcortex this is what the question was. nothing about body bags or ill people, it was specifically about people dying instantly dropping dead. It was fake news that’s why there is no evidence of it happening anywhere else in the world. Covid is more like the flu if you’re gonna die from it you’ll probably be bed bound for days or even weeks before. Not out a walk and suddenly collapse dead and oop it’s covid.
And this was my comment speaking about the severity of the pandemic and how it occured in many countries, not just China. I did not mention Wuhan and people dropping dead instantly. You are fixated on that specific point when again I made it clear what I was referring to.

It happened in many countries…the pandemic is deadly and it saddens me that people think otherwise. 🤷🏻‍♀️

There is a very vast amount of people, more so than from the bleeping virus, who have been severely negatively impacted from the restrictions around this pandemic - e.g. job and housing losses, deaths from non Covid illnesses because of not being able to access healthcare, severe implications for mental health and suicide rates, elderly people left to die alone in care homes because their relatives can't visit or people getting into criminal trouble because they had a coffee in a public park and the police decided it wasn't "essential enough", the list goes on.

I'm sorry if I care more for them than enforcing totalitarianism so that less (in your eyes not mine) people will be affected by the virus and god forbid lose their taste/smell and have their social lives affected!
As I’ve already pointed out:
1. Losing sense of taste/smell can be a horrible thing to go through whilst all of those other things are awful.
2. Loss of taste/smell does impact well-being.

I’m currently missing a relative’s funeral. I was separated from my family for a year, including over Xmas, as I live outside of the UK so am I aware of how it can impact people in other ways. I mentioned the taste thing as it was being discussed on the forum. I’ve never said any of the things you’ve mentioned are worse or better than losing taste.

No.

Imagine you are a chef. Or a barista. Or a food journalist. Or a baker.
Were these people even working through covid lockdowns? If you think that losing your taste is worse than losing your income then I really have no words, just unreal really 😐😂

Reactions: 10
Why is your business more important than another persons sense of taste and smell?
Do you have a super power that means every time you taste and smell something you make enough money to feed your family and keep a roof over all your heads?

If not, I think you've just answered the question on why someone's livelihood might just trump taste and smell 🙄

Reactions: 12
Were these people even working through covid lockdowns? If you think that losing your taste is worse than losing your income then I really have no words, just unreal really 😐😂
Yeah they were how do you think you got your bread baked and take always cooked in the COVID lockdowns? Think before you press post next time. So out of touch.

Yeah they were how do you think you got your bread baked and take always cooked in the COVID lockdowns? Think before you press post next time. So out of touch.
So their business was still open even though they lost their taste and smell. What’s the issue?! The point is businesses shouldn’t be forced closed because someone’s lost their taste and smell.

Reactions: 6
So their business was still open even though they lost their taste and smell. What’s the issue?! The point is businesses shouldn’t be forced closed because someone’s lost their taste and smell.
I’m not even going to engage with this person anymore, they definitely eat crayons for breakfast. Thick as 💩

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Actually if someone lost their sense of taste and smell they probably could eat crayons for breakfast though I'd recommend a couple of pencils and maybe a felt-tip as well to make sure you get enough fibre.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The point is that some peoples livelihoods depends on their sense of taste and smell. You can't just dismiss a percentage of people catching an easily-spread virus and losing their livelihood as "no big deal" and then be like "oh think of the poor businesses that were force to close" because there is a distinct possibility that because of the side of effects of catching COVID and it running through an unvaccinated population recklessly, some people have lost a key skill required to do their job. It's disingenous.

Sorry to shatter you illusions on your theory here, but bakers do not taste the bread or baked products they bake.. they don't lick the bowl or dip into mixture like we do at home.

Same as take aways, at the point that Darren who preps the ready made pizzas at Domino's has put his finger in the ready made passata sauce, he's broken infection control rules.

An actual chef in an actual restaurant will taste food, but as they were shut for god knows how long I don't think we need to worry as they ready lost hundreds of thousand. Mr Hovis however can rest safely in his grave 🙄

As for now, then I'm sure that in a professional kitchen that their Sous chef will cover them. What do you think happens when the chef gets a crappy cold, sinus or chest infection, or goes on holiday? The world doesn't stop, and hospitality still continues.

Think Hollow.. think

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The point is that some peoples livelihoods depends on their sense of taste and smell. You can't just dismiss a percentage of people catching an easily-spread virus and losing their livelihood as "no big deal" and then be like "oh think of the poor businesses that were force to close" because there is a distinct possibility that because of the side of effects of catching COVID and it running through an unvaccinated population recklessly, some people have lost a key skill required to do their job. It's disingenous.
It’s possible to feel sorry for people who’ve experienced covid symptoms, and any other viruses that lead to loss of smell and taste, and also feel that the world must not stop because some people have some symptoms.

The world shouldn’t stop because some people have long term symptoms to coronavirus. It’s part of life and we need to learn to live with it.

This has nothing to do with people being unvaccinated because both vaccinated and unvaccinated still spread and still suffer with covid symptoms. It’s part of life. Learn to live with it. This virus will never be eradicated even if 100% of the population is vaccinated it would still mutate and transmit. Time to stop chasing tales and live life again.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.