COVID-19 vaccine #6 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Your memory must be different to mine, as I'm sure they were pretty clear about needing to have two vaccines from the start. I don't recall ever hearing anyone say we'd only need one vaccination. The possibility of booster jabs was also mentioned very early on. I remember hearing it could be similar to the flu jab which, as we know, changes annually.

I think they'd only make lower risk groups pay for it in the future and then it'd be when/if the risk is vastly reduced. That said, my employer offers us free flu vaccinations and I expect many employers do - given that people being off sick will cost them more than the vaccine. Again, I could see the same thing happening if free covid vaccinations were restricted to certain groups.
The Johnson and Johnson vaccine is only a single shot. They said this would be sufficient.

They then had the others which they said would be two shots and more effective than 1.

Then they decided actually you all need a booster.

And now last week Boris actually mumbles that they dont think 3 will be enough and we are most likely looking at more.

They cant afford to keep giving out six monthly free boosters to the UK so of course they will start charging eventually.

On the NHS the groups eligible for free flu jab are small and everyone else has to pay if they want it. How many people who are hardcore about the vaccines who wont be eligible to receive it for free will be willing to pay? While the flu is about £15 and not hugely expensive, to some it's a small fortune and many wont be able to afford it and some people would rather not pay for it as risk of flu to them is low, same with covid, the risk is generally low in people of good health.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it coincided with the complete privatisation of the NHS as that will eventually crumble (no doubt blamed on the weight of covid and the unvaccinated) and therefore everything will be payable.

Of course to disguise this being the plan, those who chose not to have the vaccinations will continue to be hounded and blamed and abused etc.

Reactions: 8
Life sucks. We all have issues of some description, some more than others. We can’t stop the world because a minority of people are clinically vulnerable.

Clinically vulnerable people should be taking extra precautions for their health just like healthy people should take precautions to maintain their health and well-being.

It’s not everyone else’s responsibility to make sure everyone else is ok. Let’s not pretend anyone gives a single duck if they spread a cold or tummy bug or whatever. It’s life. We have viruses. We learn to live with them and take whatever precautions we see fit as individuals but it’s no life for anyone to expect every single person on the planet to live in fear of every sickness because a minority of people will respond unfavourably if ill.

We could go around in circles all day and not see eye to eye so I’ll wish you good luck with your third vaccine and hopefully you don’t come into contact with covid.👍🏻
Yeah. I think the only thing we're going to agree on is that we'll never agree about this. :D

Reactions: 2
New thread

Reactions: 1
To be fair, you're meant to get a PCR test if you've been in contact with someone who's tested positive when you're double jabbed and only go to work if the test is negative.
This is where they have played loose with their wording.

"You should still" implies that while you should, there's no actual requirement and you can carry on as normal. You don't even have to isolate.

Whereas unvaccinated, you have to either test and remain isolating till you get the result or isolate for 10 days and not test.

I'm also CEV and in my 60s and have just carried on with my life without worry, I have proberbly had it as my daughter had it a few weeks back and so did the children and their dad I also had a heavy cold type that went to my chest but didn't last long and I was fine after a week. but I do take supplements that boost the immune system
I'm also in that group and (currently sounding like muttley, laughing at tattle )nursing the cold from hell but it's getting better so no need to test ,there's also confirmed covid in my sons class but that's life if you can manage get on with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.