COVID-19 vaccine #6 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had both jabs and I'm still alive. I've got my booster next week. I'll let you know if I survive that. :D

Joking aside, every medicine has some possible side effects and risk. But that doesn't make them all automatically 'bad'.

Everything in life has a risk. I think refusing a covid vaccine simply because you might get a blood clot is like saying you'll never leave your house again because you might get run over by a car.
So what about me? I'm refusing it because of allergic reactions. I've been advised against having it at the moment as I would need to have it in hospital and be monitored for 24 hours as a starting point as they don't know how severe the reaction will be.

Theyve pretty much told me to delay for as long as possible, so that's what I'm doing.

Unfortunately, people are behaving so disgustingly towards me because according to them I'm a dangerous anti vaxxer, that I should be shunned from.society etc. Even on here, someone random unqualified told me I was absolutely wrong as was my Consultant and that there is an alternative if I could be bothered

• Sad
Reactions: 11
It’s possible to feel sorry for people who’ve experienced covid symptoms, and any other viruses that lead to loss of smell and taste, and also feel that the world must not stop because some people have some symptoms.

The world shouldn’t stop because some people have long term symptoms to coronavirus. It’s part of life and we need to learn to live with it.

This has nothing to do with people being unvaccinated because both vaccinated and unvaccinated still spread and still suffer with covid symptoms. It’s part of life. Learn to live with it. This virus will never be eradicated even if 100% of the population is vaccinated it would still mutate and transmit. Time to stop chasing tales and live life again.
Absolutely!

And looky what we have here 👀 Lots of people who has suffered actual flu will know this, yet what help do they get?

Then what of the people that suffer from CFS? I'm sure that there are frontline/essential workers who suffer this, and yet it went ignored for years!
Enter long covid and clinics are set up almost immediately!
I'd be mighty pissed off if I'd suffered from CFS and my Dr had told me that I was imagining it all and sent on my way, to then see people diagnosed with long covid and get put straight on a waiting list for help

Reactions: 12
Sounds like they mistakenly released false information, discovered it was false and then took the information down. Don't know what your problem is, as that's what is supposed to happen with incorrect news?
They may have posted it knowing it was false and only removed it when ofcom or whomever ordered them too. I personally would believe that as they have a reputation for exaggerating facts like the bbc.

Reactions: 4
I've had both jabs and I'm still alive. I've got my booster next week. I'll let you know if I survive that. :D

Joking aside, every medicine has some possible side effects and risk. But that doesn't make them all automatically 'bad'.

Everything in life has a risk. I think refusing a covid vaccine simply because you might get a blood clot is like saying you'll never leave your house again because you might get run over by a car.
So what about me? I'm refusing it because of allergic reactions. I've been advised against having it at the moment as I would need to have it in hospital and be monitored for 24 hours as a starting point as they don't know how severe the reaction will be.

Theyve pretty much told me to delay for as long as possible, so that's what I'm doing.

Unfortunately, people are behaving so disgustingly towards me because according to them I'm a dangerous anti vaxxer, that I should be shunned from.society etc. Even on here, someone random unqualified told me I was absolutely wrong as was my Consultant and that there is an alternative if I could

Absolutely!

And looky what we have here 👀 Lots of people who has suffered actual flu will know this, yet what help do they get?

Then what of the people that suffer from CFS? I'm sure that there are frontline/essential workers who suffer this, and yet it went ignored for years!
Enter long covid and clinics are set up almost immediately!
I'd be mighty pissed off if I'd suffered from CFS and my Dr had told me that I was imagining it all and sent on my way, to then see people diagnosed with long covid and get put straight on a waiting list for help
People seem to have forgotten that post viral fatigue/ post viral syndrome has always existed and any severe viral infection can have long term consequences. Long covid is pvs renamed.

Reactions: 8
How can you say with confidence that it has no benefit to you? If it stops you getting covid and dying I'd see that as a benefit.
It doesn't stop you getting covid though, reduces the chances yes, but doesn't stop the transmission.

And you cannot say it stops everyone dying because you cannot possibly know if someone would die from covid unvaccinated anyway

Reactions: 5
My old
I did not see images of what you refer to but there were plenty shown of make shift morgues/hospitals etc.

Are you for real? The rest of the world had a cough and loss of taste…time to educate yourself on exactly how Covid-19 affects the body.

From Italy, Spain, Brazil and India.

View attachment 873416View attachment 873417View attachment 873418View attachment 873419
My old hospital in the north east had the military shut down half the public car park and it turned into a overspill morgue as we couldn’t keep up with the deaths

Unfortunately, people are behaving so disgustingly towards me because according to them I'm a dangerous anti vaxxer, that I should be shunned from.society etc. Even on here, someone random unqualified told me I was absolutely wrong as was my Consultant and that there is an alternative if I could
You're different as you've got a very good reason not to have the vaccine and have been advised not to have it.

I was talking about people who've refused it based on conspiracy theories and then spread those theories as facts.

I should add that I denounce anyone behaving disgustingly towards you or abusing you. That's obviously not acceptable and it's not something I'd do or advocate.

I welcome lively 'debate' about the subject, but I would never abuse people who think differently from me.

It doesn't stop you getting covid though, reduces the chances yes, but doesn't stop the transmission.

And you cannot say it stops everyone dying because you cannot possibly know if someone would die from covid unvaccinated anyway
I didn't say it stops covid transmission. Like you say, it reduces it though, hence why I feel it's worth having.

I also didn't say it stops everyone from dying. In the post you quoted I was raising a scenario whereby if it did stop someone from dying then it would surely be a benefit. It was in response to someone who said there was no benefit in the vaccine.

I get that some people don't want it, but implying it has no benefit to reducing covid isn't right because that's demonstrably false.

Reactions: 2
My old

My old hospital in the north east had the military shut down half the public car park and it turned into a overspill morgue as we couldn’t keep up with the deaths
It’s terrible and the fact that some think this did not happen or it was faked to scaremonger makes my brain hurt.

Reactions: 1
You're different as you've got a very good reason not to have the vaccine and have been advised not to have it.

I was talking about people who've refused it based on conspiracy theories and then spread those theories as facts.
What about the people who have had an adverse reaction and don't want to risk 2nd and 3rd jabs?
Or people who are genuinely worried because of health anxiety?

Not everyone who has refused it is a so called anti vaxxer

Reactions: 8
Dr saying his hospital it's the vaccinated in the covid wards not the unvaccinated

Yep like that person that said that losing your sense of smell and taste is worse then losing income. Insane really isn’t it?
I don’t think that is quite how the conversation went down. Losing your sense of taste and smell is tit, losing your income is tit. People are tit. Fig rolls are the best.

• Sick

I should add that I denounce anyone behaving disgustingly towards you or abusing you. That's obviously not acceptable and it's not something I'd do or advocate.

I welcome lively 'debate' about the subject, but I would never abuse people who think differently from me.

I didn't say it stops covid transmission. Like you say, it reduces it though, hence why I feel it's worth having.

I also didn't say it stops everyone from dying. In the post you quoted I was raising a scenario whereby if it did stop someone from dying then it would surely be a benefit. It was in response to someone who said there was no benefit in the vaccine.

I get that some people don't want it, but implying it has no benefit to reducing covid isn't right because that's demonstrably false.
The conversations here and in real life always go like this

Random: You had your vaccines

Me: no

Random: oh, how come? Dont you want to go abroad/go the theatre etc etc

Me: its personal reasons

Random: oh you're one of those....dont you care about saving others/where's your tinfoil hat/you deserve to be locked down

Me: gives reason why

Random: well your Dr and Consultant are wrong, Janice from Fbook says..

And so on.

People cannot stand those who haven't been vaccinated and lump us all in together. Even after being badgered to give over personal medical info which they insist they need to know (weirdly, usually from people who won't even tell you their salary but insist in knowing your medical history) they STILL hold the view you are wrong and the very reason the world isnt back open fully yet.

Don't answer and you're still treated the same

• Sad
Reactions: 10
The conversations here and in real life always go like this

Random: You had your vaccines

Me: no

Random: oh, how come? Dont you want to go abroad/go the theatre etc etc

Me: its personal reasons

Random: oh you're one of those....dont you care about saving others/where's your tinfoil hat/you deserve to be locked down

Me: gives reason why

Random: well your Dr and Consultant are wrong, Janice from Fbook says..

And so on.

People cannot stand those who haven't been vaccinated and lump us all in together. Even after being badgered to give over personal medical info which they insist they need to know (weirdly, usually from people who won't even tell you their salary but insist in knowing your medical history) they STILL hold the view you are wrong and the very reason the world isnt back open fully yet.

Don't answer and you're still treated the same
If we're honest, the extreme end of both sides of the argument are as bad as one another.

Janice from Fbook also says you shouldn't get the vaccine because 'insert reason here'.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.