COVID-19 vaccine #6 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The virus does not have a 99% survival rate. Surviving Covid-19 does not mean recovering from it.
According to the government the overall infection mortality rate is 0.096%;

Whilst the majority of people do survive Covid, I accept your point that surviving covid doesn’t mean fully recovering from it for some.

Reactions: 6
According to the government the overall infection mortality rate is 0.096%;

Whilst the majority of people do survive Covid, I accept your point that surviving covid doesn’t mean fully recovering from it for some.
That is an estimate from July. The worldwide stat would be interesting to know but also hard to model as countries report cases, deaths and recoveries differently. Some don’t report at all.

I've had both jabs and I'm still alive. I've got my booster next week. I'll let you know if I survive that. :D

Joking aside, every medicine has some possible side effects and risk. But that doesn't make them all automatically 'bad'.

Everything in life has a risk. I think refusing a covid vaccine simply because you might get a blood clot is like saying you'll never leave your house again because you might get run over by a car.
But leaving the house benefits me. So I'm happy to take that risk. I can also control my risk by crossing the road carefully.

The vaccine is no benefit to me. So why risk any possible known or not known side effects.

For me it's more like crossing the road with my eyes closed. A silly risk to take with no benefit to me, but it's a quiet road with a low speed limit, so I'll probably be ok

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That is an estimate from July. The worldwide stat would be interesting to know but also hard to model as countries report cases, deaths and recoveries differently. Some don’t report at all.
Are you not in the U.K.? If you are then how is that figure not relevant to you?
Yes different places report different but also healthcare which of course influences outcomes is different in other countries too so it’s probably most relevant to look at your country specific data.

Reactions: 3
I would suggest based on the data for Covid fatalities following from July until the present day that this overall estimate is highly unlikely to have changed in any significant way. Still, even with the way that Covid deaths are recorded, it is a reassuring low estimate based on 16 months of collected data at that point in time.

Reactions: 5
Are you not in the U.K.? If you are then how is that figure not relevant to you?
Yes different places report different but also healthcare which of course influences outcomes is different in other countries too so it’s probably most relevant to look at your country specific data.
I am in the UK but I would have thought mortality/survival rate would take into account all stats for illness/disease.

I would suggest based on the data for Covid fatalities following from July until the present day that this overall estimate is highly unlikely to have changed in any significant way. Still, even with the way that Covid deaths are recorded, it is a reassuring low estimate based on 16 months of collected data at that point in time.
Doesn’t reassure me much. 😕

Do you trust the other figures provided by the DoH around coronavirus just not this one because it doesn’t fit your argument? 😂
🤨 The 99% survival rate is not true as there are a lot of factors to take into account. Nothing to do with fitting ‘my argument.’

I've had both jabs and I'm still alive. I've got my booster next week. I'll let you know if I survive that. :D

Joking aside, every medicine has some possible side effects and risk. But that doesn't make them all automatically 'bad'.

Everything in life has a risk. I think refusing a covid vaccine simply because you might get a blood clot is like saying you'll never leave your house again because you might get run over by a car.
Not really the same is it. Not leaving the house vs experimental so called vaccine.
I don’t take medication because I am healthy and also because I don’t feel side effects from the drugs are worth it. So to me, they are kinda bad…….Obviously if it was a life threatening condition i would have to revise and update the risk factors, but for me a holistic approach is what I go for.
Also looking after myself the best I can.
I feel many people rely on medication to fix things that a healthier diet would cure.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Not really the same is it. Not leaving the house vs experimental so called vaccine.
I don’t take medication because I am healthy and also because I don’t feel side effects from the drugs are worth it. So to me, they are kinda bad…….Obviously if it was a life threatening condition i would have to revise and update the risk factors, but for me a holistic approach is what I go for.
Also looking after myself the best I can.
I feel many people rely on medication to fix things that a healthier diet would cure.
I whole heartedly agree. Nothings ever left to run it’s course nowadays we’re all looking a quick fix/cure. Can’t even handle a headache or a runny nose without running to the pharmacy!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Pretty much. You said it’s not true. That means you believe it’s a lie? The figures come from them they’re not made up. 😳
I refer to it as a whole as it has an effect on every country in the world. I don’t think the survival rate is 99% as no one knows the true number of deaths worldwide.

I refer to it as a whole as it has an effect on every country in the world. I don’t think the survival rate is 99% as no one knows the true number of deaths worldwide.
Same could be said for survivals of covid, many more could have had it and not known or not tested and survived. They’ve made an educated estimate I think it’s positive that it’s such a high survival rate. Gives everyone something to be hopeful about. Not all doom and gloom.

Not if I want food or money!

I do wear a mask, but that protects other people more than me. That's why others should show the same courtesy - after all, I'm sure no one wants to knowingly pass germs on, do they?
Well you need some germs for a health immune system. That’s why there is the worst cold ever going around.

Everyone passes germs on ffs it’s part of life. If you want to be in a clinical environment perhaps go to a hospital but daily life shouldn’t be treated as though it’s a clinical environment it’s never going to be completely sterile. Give me all the germs 😂
🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Nobody knows how many people are in the world so it will remain one of lifes great mysteries.

Reactions: 2
Nobody knows how many people are in the world so it will remain one of lifes great mysteries.
There’s far too many. 🤣

Same could be said for survivals of covid, many more could have had it and not known or not tested and survived. They’ve made an educated estimate I think it’s positive that it’s such a high survival rate. Gives everyone something to be hopeful about. Not all doom and gloom.
It isn’t all doom and gloom.

I can understand why you feel that way if you’ve had a bad experience. Objectively it is a reassuring statistic at least for us in the UK.
Thanks for your nice reply. As a figure I can see why it is reassuring.

My sister got COVID and now can't taste coffee or garlic. Anything with garlic in tastes like rotten meat to her apparently. Would rather avoid that if possible.
God forbid people have their taste temporarily effected. Stopping that is definitely worth lockdowns,loss of civil liberties, loss of jobs and education and a mental health crisis. Caz we wanna make sure you can still have your garlic bread.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.