COVID-19 vaccine #6 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's hard to work out though, because some of the people who've died after having had the vaccine may well have died anyway - so one cannot prove the vaccine definitely caused their death.

After all, no one who's had a vaccine has died of a 'new' cause -- i.e. they've all died of something other people died from before the pandemic.
And yet the 'pandemic death figure' given by the Government of 140 000 deaths badged with Covid, a very large portion were likely to have died of other causes too. And yet people accept this figure, but it's the same principle.

This video is really worth a watch, simplifying public data in graph form, without any hidden agenda (not taken from a mate in Spoons, whatever that is, or the cesspit that is Facebook)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I've had both jabs and I'm still alive. I've got my booster next week. I'll let you know if I survive that. :D

Joking aside, every medicine has some possible side effects and risk. But that doesn't make them all automatically 'bad'.

Everything in life has a risk. I think refusing a covid vaccine simply because you might get a blood clot is like saying you'll never leave your house again because you might get run over by a car.
At least you'll have the choice if you want to leave your house though ,that's the difference.

Reactions: 9
I live in Scotland where we use vaccine passports and masks are compulsory in shops, because that’s definitely like living with the flu 😐
Don’t get too smug about your lack of restrictions because they’ll be back before you know it.
I'm not getting smug. I hope some of them do return (e.g. masks in crowded public places/public transport, etc) at least till winter's over.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'm not getting smug. I hope some of them do return (e.g. masks in crowded public places/public transport, etc) at least till winter's over.
Nobody is stopping you wearing a mask, surely after you’re 3 jabs you will feel confidently safe from covid though or are you still living in fear? If so then I hear Amazon have hazmat suits on sale for Black Friday 😘

• Haha
Reactions: 13
At least you'll have the choice if you want to leave your house though ,that's the difference.
Not if I want food or money!

Nobody is stopping you wearing a mask, surely after you’re 3 jabs you will feel confidently safe from covid though or are you still living in fear? If so then I hear Amazon have hazmat suits on sale for Black Friday 😘
I do wear a mask, but that protects other people more than me. That's why others should show the same courtesy - after all, I'm sure no one wants to knowingly pass germs on, do they?

Reactions: 3
Because the impact of those other diseases has been nothing like covid, that's why.

It's not just the people who've died from it (though I think making light of any death, regardless of how low the percentage is in poor taste) but also the amount of people who've been made seriously ill from it and have to be admitted to hospital, putting strain on an NHS that was already under pressure.
The flu kills thousands each year, people just don’t batter an eyelid as daily deaths/infection rates aren’t reported and the media aren’t scaremongering around flu etc.
The covid death rates I don’t believe are accurate, you could get ate by a shark but they would put it down as covid if you had a positive test within 28days? 🙄🙄🙄🙄 bullshit.

Reactions: 13
Everyone passes germs on ffs it’s part of life. If you want to be in a clinical environment perhaps go to a hospital but daily life shouldn’t be treated as though it’s a clinical environment it’s never going to be completely sterile. Give me all the germs 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The flu kills thousands each year, people just don’t batter an eyelid as daily deaths/infection rates aren’t reported and the media aren’t scaremongering around flu etc.
The covid death rates I don’t believe are accurate, you could get ate by a shark but they would put it down as covid if you had a positive test within 28days? 🙄🙄🙄🙄 bullshit.
The flu never had the same impact as covid.

Not if I want food or money!
Work from home ,online banking and food deliveries so not essential ,you'll always have the choice if you want to leave to enjoy more of life but nobody will force you from your safe space there's millions of housebound people in the world .

Reactions: 3
It's hard to work out though, because some of the people who've died after having had the vaccine may well have died anyway - so one cannot prove the vaccine definitely caused their death.

After all, no one who's had a vaccine has died of a 'new' cause -- i.e. they've all died of something other people died from before the pandemic.
I completely agree, but the same can be said about covid. A huge amount of people may have died anyway from their comorbitities, or may have died anyway.
As has been pointed out many times before, you can't dismiss a vaccine death when you're willing to agree with a covid death.

Why can PHE work out covid deaths with other causes, but not vaccine deaths? It can't be that hard when one side is so easy

It's not just the people who've died from it (though I think making light of any death, regardless of how low the percentage is in poor taste) but also the amount of people who've been made seriously ill from it and have to be admitted to hospital, putting strain on an NHS that was already under pressure.
Not sure why you are suggesting that I am making light of any deaths as I clearly did not do that. Stating that the fatality rate is as low as 0.02% isn’t me trying to minimise Covid, it’s a statistic. The NHS is a publicly funded service that isn’t fit for service if it can’t cope with treating the patients that pay for it. It’s been under strain and pressure for years, overwhelmed every flu season. In addition to that they actually reduced bed capacity during the pandemic - go figure.

• Heart
Thank you for providing the informaiton. The numbers are not compelling to me, and I can't go into too much details in the tables because I don't have Excel on the device I'm browsing on right now.

Min 5 up to 9 deaths is not a lot tbh.
It is when there was 0 deaths for the same period due to covid

Reactions: 5
My sister got COVID and now can't taste coffee or garlic. Anything with garlic in tastes like rotten meat to her apparently. Would rather avoid that if possible.

My sister got COVID and now can't taste coffee or garlic. Anything with garlic in tastes like rotten meat to her apparently. Would rather avoid that if possible.
How ? vaccines don't stop stop you getting it .

Reactions: 11

It literally states on some people’s death certificates “vaccine-induced thrombosis and thrombocytopenia” is the coroner wrong too ffs

The virus does not have a 99% survival rate. Surviving Covid-19 does not mean recovering from it.
Survival rate is a term used to describe people who are still alive.

A bit like many people survive getting the covid vaccines but that doesn’t show the reality that many people have suffered consequences in the short and long term.

Reactions: 7
It literally states on some people’s death certificates “vaccine-induced thrombosis and thrombocytopenia” is the coroner wrong too ffs

Survival rate is a term used to describe people who are still alive.

A bit like many people survive getting the covid vaccines but that doesn’t show the reality that many people have suffered consequences in the short and long term.
I know what it means and that figure is not correct. I had Covid, I survived it. I have not recovered from it 11 months on.

I know what it means and that figure is not correct. I had Covid, I survived it. I have not recovered it from it 11 months on.
Ok that sucks, but if you survived it you’re part of the 99% survival rate. It doesn’t refer to ongoing symptoms it’s merely about survival.

For example, if the 5-year relative survival rate for a specific stage of breast cancer is 90%, it means that women who have that cancer are, on average, about 90% as likely as women who don't have that cancer to live for at least 5 years after being diagnosed. It doesn’t mean that those 90% of women are symptom free and living a complete and normal life. It means they’re 90% likely to be alive.

Reactions: 4
Ok that sucks, but if you survived it you’re part of the 99% survival rate. It doesn’t refer to ongoing symptoms it’s merely about survival.

For example, if the 5-year relative survival rate for a specific stage of breast cancer is 90%, it means that women who have that cancer are, on average, about 90% as likely as women who don't have that cancer to live for at least 5 years after being diagnosed. It doesn’t mean that those 90% of women are symptom free and living a complete and normal life. It means they’re 90% likely to be alive.
Thanks for the explanation. I know all of this. 👍🏻

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.