COVID-19 vaccine #6 and general vaccine conversation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because it helps avoid having to live with restrictions. How many times have we heard of people getting it so they could go on holiday? People would do it if they knew governments would keep to their side of the bargain and not keep locking down - but we keep getting threatened with lockdowns so why should anyone bother their arse to get it anymore? I'm double vaccinated (age under 50 and no health complications) but seriously considering whether I would get another - why should I? We were told it was the way out of the pandemic, but it isn't. Not even close.
I still don't think people would ,a lot of people don't take to repeated medication ,especially young people ,and the added worry of longterm implications on the body that nobody has an answer to .

Reactions: 6
I still don't think people would ,a lot of people don't take to repeated medication ,especially young people ,and the added worry of longterm implications on the body that nobody has an answer to .
I agree there will be a certain amount of people who will just refuse to get any booster regardless of anything else. But they would get more people on board if they were just honest about it and stopped blackmailing and threatening lockdowns.

Reactions: 1
I agree there will be a certain amount of people who will just refuse to get any booster regardless of anything else. But they would get more people on board if they were just honest about it and stopped blackmailing and threatening lockdowns.
The UK uptake has dropped massively even in the old folk and they know it's supposed to protect them but even that is not an incentive ,people know the Gov can't afford repeated lockdowns . Life will just return to how it was through peoples behaviour maybe not for x amount of time but we will learn to live with it eventually it's just going to take a bit of time to find the balance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I don't think people would either, but then that's what domestic passports are for....

Reactions: 3
I’m currently pregnant and have COVID, so far I’m managing it well and have had worse colds. I know everyone suffers different with it, however I am so so pleased I have stuck to my guns and not got the vaccine as since becoming pregnant I’ve had countless amount of people asking me/trying to scaremonger me into getting it. I completely understand why people would want the vaccine etc but please let people make their own choices about it! I can’t stand this whole propaganda shite that is going on with the media etc!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Can I ask how people who are currently unvaccinated navigate around family members asking about it?
My monster mother in law is very opinionated and whilst I amvery open to discussion I feel like she and my husbands whole family are very judgemental.

When they ask I just simply say that I’m happy to test regularly and follow the rules that make common sense. But I just don’t feel like I need nor want the vaccine. I’m for, young and very healthy.
I’m a stay at home mom, and have interaction with a small number of people. I don’t work or commute or use public transport.

I just feel like whatever I say they are really pissy about it and think I’m thick.
I just don’t feel 100% sure and my gut feeling is to not have it for as long as I can.
We are spending the weekend with them next week and I’m dreading it come up in conversation.

Reactions: 8
Can I ask how people who are currently unvaccinated navigate around family members asking about it?
My monster mother in law is very opinionated and whilst I amvery open to discussion I feel like she and my husbands whole family are very judgemental.

When they ask I just simply say that I’m happy to test regularly and follow the rules that make common sense. But I just don’t feel like I need nor want the vaccine. I’m for, young and very healthy.
I’m a stay at home mom, and have interaction with a small number of people. I don’t work or commute or use public transport.

I just feel like whatever I say they are really pissy about it and think I’m thick.
I just don’t feel 100% sure and my gut feeling is to not have it for as long as I can.
We are spending the weekend with them next week and I’m dreading it come up in conversation.
You don’t have to justify yourself! Your body, your choice! Just say you don’t want it if asked and say no more! X

Reactions: 10

I say no and when they push I say I won’t be discussing it either. No is a full sentence and no one should be pushing for information on someone’s health if they haven’t offered it up!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
You’re so right.
I just feel like I have to explain and justify my reasoning behind it. I hate that it’s becoming such a divisive topic.
It makes me feel really uncomfortable and I especially hate the fact people who chose it to have it are branded as nut jobs and anti vax.

Reactions: 7

I could write every word of this. It's nice to read of people similar to me x

Reactions: 2
Operation rampdown is a go but I bet it’s only for the fully vaccinated 🥴
4B6B2812-1F74-44D4-BDF7-97146A95F32C.jpeg

I’m currently pregnant and have COVID, so far I’m managing it well and have had worse colds. I know everyone suffers different with it, however I am so so pleased I have stuck to my guns and not got the vaccine as since becoming pregnant I’ve had countless amount of people asking me/trying to scaremonger me into getting it. I completely understand why people would want the vaccine etc but please let people make their own choices about it! I can’t stand this whole propaganda shite that is going on with the media etc!
Hope you have a speedy recovery x. I know someone that had it while pregnant and has now a healthy newborn in her arms both doing well, it’s not all doom and gloom x

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Operation rampdown is a go but I bet it’s only for the fully vaccinated 🥴View attachment 864403

Hope you have a speedy recovery x. I know someone that had it while pregnant and has now a healthy newborn in her arms both doing well, it’s not all doom and gloom x
Thank you! This is what they fail to do I think,they always look at the doom and gloom! Never look at or report how many people are recovering from covid etc! Always putting the fear of god into people.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Christmas is saved!! Tesco says Father Christmas is double vaccinated and showing his covid pass so he can enter houses.

• Angry
  • Sick
  • Wow
I'm in Ireland and I can't visit mum in a nursing home from Monday onwards due to high 'cases'
Absolutely gutted.
But NOTHING will make me take that sh1t.
They can do what they want , this was the last straw for me.
I've done without everything else, bars , restaurants, theatres etc....but my mum ? Oh my god...

There is talk of rolling it out to other services too
93% vaxxed yet cases keep rising....
I will never comply !

• Heart
  • Sad
I'm in Ireland and I can't visit mum in a nursing home from Monday onwards due to high 'cases'
Absolutely gutted.
But NOTHING will make me take that sh1t.
They can do what they want , this was the last straw for me.
I've done without everything else, bars , restaurants, theatres etc....but my mum ? Oh my god...

There is talk of rolling it out to other services too
93% vaxxed yet cases keep rising....
I will never comply !
I know it's not the same but I have admitted to myself that I will never see my BIL again. he is elderly and has dementia and really frail now.
Also, I will probably never go abroad again, my son is always asking me to go and stay at his home in Spain and its not going to happen unless they all do u-turns

But saying this most people I know are saying no to boosters, even those who told me I should be ashamed for not getting vaccinated.

Operation rampdown is a go but I bet it’s only for the fully vaccinated 🥴View attachment 864403
People should just stop testing. Iv had to do 1 test in the last 18 months which was at the hospital before my induction for labour but I would never go out of my way to do a test. I know peope that test themselves everyday, madness! How could you live like that

Reactions: 6
People should just stop testing. Iv had to do 1 test in the last 18 months which was at the hospital before my induction for labour but I would never go out of my way to do a test. I know peope that test themselves everyday, madness! How could you live like that
I've never had to test. I have a pack here in case I needed to be somewhere or something but still sealed

Reactions: 4
My husband and son have to test daily for work purposes. I’m on pins every night when they do them since my daughter got covid in September. I’m not vaccinated so I guess that’s why I get anxious about their daily tests.

Reactions: 2
How long before it’s brought in 🤔
I think its going to be as they work their way down the booster cohort list. Once they get to the 16 - 20yrs then I can see it happening, because then they'll argue its not discriminatory as everyone has been given the chance.
Either that, or it will be spring once mandatory vaccines have come in for the health service and anyone who has to associate with it work wise

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.